Lost in Time Ancient Civilizations Right in your Backyard

I thought I'd bring this up, what with all the political discussions involving Christopher Columbus, Native Americans, etc... I decided to brush up on some of my North American History. And while I did learn a little bit about them during my history classes, I never learned about this one, and I wonder if many have. Especially Mississippians.

What could be considered one of the great ancient cities of North America was little more than glossed over in my education, while Ancient Civilizations such as Egypt, Greek, and Roman had their own separate and overly important classes. The question is what is the significance of ancient cultures, why are they not studied more, and why is mainstream media so quiet on matters that pertain to such groundbreaking discoveries as they correlate with the recent Egyptian Pyramid discovery, in lieu of boring modern political discussions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gQv8DPXwm8Q
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Skeleton_in_Armor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dighton_Rock
youtube.com/watch?v=mS_K2YIm9Rk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Serpent Mount, Ohio

Mesa Verde, Arizona

I just read about these two a few days ago... are you me in the Ameri-verse?

bump

Obviously it's because Atlantean refugees spread their knowledge across the Atlantic basin, after all but the peaks of their home (Azores) was overtaken by the rising sea

got chills, bump this thread I shall.

World-renowned geologist Randall Carlson dicusses this topic:
youtube.com/watch?v=gQv8DPXwm8Q

So weird. One of my co-workers was telling me all about Serpent Mound today. He was writing a book about it at one point. He had some experience there where he briefly entered another dimension or something. He's never used drugs or anything. Former geophysicist. He also said there's evidence giants once lived in the area.

Because the Mississippian culture left behind no written texts and they were relatively recent and short lived. I wouldn't call them one of the great ancient cities of north america either, they were pretty much outclassed by the Mesoamerican, Andean and even colombian/venezualan pre colombia cultures in every way.

Obviously there was an advanced civilization that had outposts in the Americas over to Europe and the near east before the end of the last ice age...one capable of cutting and moving blocks of stone that weighed 100's of tons and fitting them with perfection.

When the largest of the Cahokia Mounds was built, the Colosseum was almost a thousand years old. That's why nobody gives a fuck, just because some natives piled some dirt doesn't make them an advanced civilization.

I think they were the remnants of a previous high civilization destroyed by a catastrophe

Atlantis, which was located in the Azores. Destroyed by cataclysm around 12,000 years ago

>Arizona
It's in Colorado you double nigger

apparently there was a medieval level civilization that existed near fall river, massachusetts before colonial times
they had their own language and the only artifacts remaining was a skeleton in armor that was destroyed in a fire centuries ago and a rosetta stone sized monolith that can be visited today
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Skeleton_in_Armor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dighton_Rock

you niggas never watched Jojo did you

Bump

>boring modern political discussions

Nigga if you don't get into the discussion yourself, you'll see the US become another lost in time ancient civilization in your lifetime

youtube.com/watch?v=mS_K2YIm9Rk

Even less talked about than Gobegli-Tepi or Puma - Punku is the MU civilization and Lemuria ( Pacific )

Bump for interest

I just saw this in person a few weeks ago. It's so underwelming. I think a few guys with shovels could do it in a month. Fuck corn monkies their greatest achievement is piling dirt.