What does Sup Forums think about the debt jew?

Is the credit card jew able to be avoided, and is it still possible to live only by spending what you can afford?

>My liberal friends tell me that it is impossible to live without a credit card, and that you have to have one to afford anything like a house or car. Debt is just a part of life, and I should accept it as part of being a young adult.

Why should I not simply save money and wait until I have enough to purchase the thing I want, and get it all done at once? It absolutely blew my mind when I heard that almost 75% of americans save less than $5,000 dollars a year and have empty savings accounts.

What ever happened to the logic of not spending money that you do not have to spend? Isn't this the way to live?

The moment you have the chance to have money now instead of later, people will waste their money now instead of dealing with the future consequences.

Debt is necessary to weed out the weak and keep them submissive and stupid.

>tfw have zero debt because I'm responsible and do not get swindled by jewry
You have to outjew the jew if you're going to use a credit card by paying with your CC even if you have it in your savings, pay it all immediately no vig taken off the top that way and you build your credit. When your card provider allows you to expand your credit line, do it - when you get a credit check and you shouldn't have more than 4 MAX a year they look for the amount of credit available to you at the time. Doesn't matter if you have 100K in your savings acct and 50K in retirement, it's whatever shitty amount of jewcoin avail from your credit card(s) balance

>Is the credit card jew able to be avoided, and is it still possible to live only by spending what you can afford?

yes but its limited.

>Why should I not simply save money and wait until I have enough to purchase the thing I want, and get it all done at once?

This is what most people do. People killing themselves with debt are usually dumb or fell into a jew trap like ignoring phone bills.

>What ever happened to the logic of not spending money that you do not have to spend?

Most people try to adhere to it. I was debt free till my mom dies without and insurance. Shit happens.

>Isn't this the way to live?
yes but shit happens. and dumb people are noisy about their mistakes.

I use my credit card to pay my bills then pay the balance off at the end of the month. My credit goes up and aI'm not spending money I don't have, win, win.

There's nothing inherently wrong with credit and to be honest, you need a good history with credit to get things you might want in life like a car or a home. The problem is that most people are stupid and are incapable of using credit responsibly. Keep stupid people from credit and you'll hear far fewer sob stories about credit card debt.

But I know plenty of "smart" people that go into debt. Hell, even economics majors that went into debt after graduation. Even our country owes trillions in debt. People can't be that stupid, can they?

I don't even consider myself to be brilliant or anything, just someone that values common sense, and debt does not seem like common sense.

>"Don't ever owe someone something if they are not your friend, or you might not like the debt that you have to pay when it's time."

But what is the point of this if you are using it exactly like a debit card? All that expanding a credit line means is opening up the option to go deeper into debt like a good goy, right? Just points awarded for being an obedient debt serf.

>take loan
>don't pay back
>bank asks of police to get back what you refuse to pay them
muh evil banker jew

you should get a credit card and be responsible with it. this lets you build credit. and you can get bonuses for purchasing things on a credit card. for example:

>get $0 annual fee credit card with perks
>buy a TV you can afford with your credit card
>before your monthly statement is calculated, pay off the cost of the purchase

you now have a TV that has double the warranty it would have originally had, and you don't owe anyone a penny for it.

Being educated doesn't mean you're intelligent. Some people are compulsive spenders, they see something on sale and they just have to have it. Some people think they can spend what they don't have because they'll just pay it off later, forgetting that interest builds up over time. Some people run into bad luck and end up having less money to pay off what they owe and the interest builds.

Because its a system we were born into.

The childish notion of living in your means is long gone.

You want a house? A Car? Thing most people need to live a normal life? Well you will not be able to afford them until your much older. Credit lets you live in the modern world with everyone else. Yes you can live the /r9k/ neet life and never go into debt, but that life is lonely and shit.

>But what is the point of this if you are using it exactly like a debit card?
To build credit. Be a good goy and your 'score' goes up. It costs you nothing but a few extra clicks. Just the way it is
>All that expanding a credit line means is opening up the option to go deeper into debt like a good goy, right? Just points awarded for being an obedient debt serf.
Which you need if you want a new car, or a new house, or to open a business. Just don't live beyond your means. Be reasonable and never be late on a payment, always pay off in full if possible. I work with doctors who pull maybe 400K or better/yr and they are shit at spending their cash. Always hurting because yea sure they went to college for 16 years and maybe even paid that all back but they don't have any real world sense. Also drop the kek flag faggot where are you from

>All that expanding a credit line means is opening up the option to go deeper into debt like a good goy, right?
It's for buying a house, or starting a business, or taking care of some unforseen emergency without completely liquidating all your assets. Very large expenses that you don't have the cash to buy outright. Debt is a way to dilute the impact of those expenses over time.

>A Car?
You can own a perfectly functional car for as little as $1000, my dude. If someone can't scrape together that much, they deserve to take public transit.

>Very large expenses that you don't have the cash to buy outright. Debt is a way to dilute the impact of those expenses over time.

But because of (((interest))) you end up paying much more than you would have otherwise, if you had simply paid lump sum at the time of the purchase.

I can understand not having a choice for unfortunate emergencies, though.

>Just scrape together $1000

I miss being this naive.

Unless you're living in extreme poverty that's easily doable. My daily driver is a 2000 silverado with almost 300K miles I bought for $700, runs great and road safe.

I have a CC with a monthly $1,000 limit. I spend it on food, drinks, and minor things, then pay it down to zero at the end of each month. I only make $43,000/year, so after paying for rent, bills, and $1,000 CC bill, I can usually save around $500-600. This comes out to $5-6k saved per year, which is pretty shitty. It's hard to save money when living is pretty pricey. I live in Atlanta though so real estate here is retarded expensive.

My roommate didn't go to college and makes a living buying cheap furniture off craigslist, cleaning/fixing it up, and reselling it. Guy makes $1-2k a week on average doing this. If he can make it, anyone can.

Of course. Interest is the entire reason anybody would be motivated to lend to you. When you lend someone some money, you are that much poorer for the duration of the loan. You can't spend your money on all the things you'd like, because it is with someone else. In economics, that is called the "opportunity cost". Secondly, you assume the risk of never seeing a penny of that money back. Shit happens, and creditors are no strangers to getting completely fucked. This is why interest exists, to actually make it worthwhile to lend to someone. For large expenses like a $400k house, most people simply do not have that kind of cash lying around, and by the time they amass it, they'll be middle aged. You have to live somewhere, and if you rent all your life, you're just paying someone else's mortgage with nothing to show for it at the end.

Now, one reason why prices of goods associated with debt are so high is because credit is issued so freely. That is due to fraudulent practice of fractional reserve banking, and fiat currency, which serve to inflate the money supply in order to increase the amount of credit available for banks to issue. Get rid of these things, and you'll see the number of loans contract, and prices fall accordingly.

My fellow leaf, I bought my first car when I was 18, a Huyndai Accent for $1800. I got that money from working part-time as a cashier in high school, earning $9/hr. I still had plenty of savings left over, too.

Stop making excuses for the stupid and lazy.

>>is it still possible to live only by spending what you can afford?

Yup! I do it. I attempted to sign up for a credit card, but was denied (maybe from living overseas and not having a credit record? idk). So I just live in my little apartment and use a bicycle instead of a car. I use a cell phone that's probably 6 years old at this point.

I'd love to have enough money to have a cat, but not quite there, yet. :P

Sure, I'll save $350k while spending $1300/month renting from a landlord. If I don't eat, go on vacation or buy anything, I can buy my 50 m2 appartement in 2035. Too bad I won't have a family, friends or any life for the next 18 years.

Or I could pay $1300/month, and own the same apartment in 30 years, most likely sooner as my wage will increase, but my loan won't. (Unless the interest increase of course..)

As for credit cards, just pay them at month and.. And get the benefits while idiots keep the machine running.

Debt is fine for a house and maybe a credit card just don't pay interest and forget to save.