1880-1914: Gold standard

>1880-1914: Gold standard
>1914-1933: Gold bullion standard
>1945-1971: Bretton Woods system
>1971:-20xx: Global dollar standard

What will the next world monetary system be?

some fake faggot internet shitcoin controlled by the central banks

Looks like we're going back to partial gold backing. China's already doing it. Russia and Iran are making deals to de-Dollarize. I don't know what if anything might become of BRICS.

Rumor is the new fed char candidate has a plan that would involve partial gold backing of the dollar (internationally only, I presume) that would be doable if the price of gold were to be taken up to $10k/oz or some such.

But wouldn't the end of the global dollar standard cause hyperinflation in the U.S as countries send their USDs back in?

Those dollars could just be repaid to the fed (they are all loaned out in the first place) as necessary in order to maintain a stable monetary base. The danger in that case is countries emptying out US gold reserves in the process, such as like what France did until gold convertibility was ended in 1971.

It's not clear to me how this would play out short of transitioning from US superpower status to something closer to global government, though. But it's obvious that other major players are happy to continue turning up the pressure on the USD as the global reserve currency. Can't blame 'em.

I've began to view the drop in price of gold back to the ~$1200/oz range as part of a way to keep the market soft so that big players could more easily jockey around the ownership of physical in anticipation of adding some partial gold backing to a future currency regime; Jim Rickards wound up saying the same thing in some interview several months later, and he's a good guy to listen to.

But if it's only partial gold backing, then we could see something more like a du jour or de facto basket of major currencies + gold work without without massive gold supply draining. If we wind up in a more multilateral world instead, you could imagine how some resources in some parts of the world would be available in major currency X and others in major currency Y or Z, and how that might be enough to keep all of them stable if they all shared some amount of gold backing and probably rules set about limits on convertibility or mutual pegging or whatever.

Jim Rickards predicted a few months back that the next currency crises will lead to a massive revolt in the U.S just like in Greece

I don't know if I'd call Greece a "massive revolt." But it would be normal to expect a period of pain and disorder if there is a substantive devaluation.

But I think the stifling of the most recent Grexit shows that the world is not yet ready to let a chain of revaluations take place because geopolitical concerns are still more important and there doesn't seem to be any clear agreement on what might be possible like there was back when the SDR was being floated as a possibility.

Instead, now we have Trump, Brexit, Russia/China/Iran making the obvious moves to take advantage of the disarray offered by some shift from globalism to a multilateral world. Even little things like the Norks and Duterte getting uppity are indications of a growing consensus that enough players are willing to buck the status quo that the money masters will have to rethink the option of just pulling the plug on the global economy and using that as the excuse to restructure into the NWO.

Interesting times. I expect they're going to try to lean on the USD as-is for the time being, since it is still roughly the "best of the worst." If it can maintain dominance, then simply continuing to slowly devalue it through inflation is an easy, obvious thing to continue doing that doesn't provoke domestic or international chaos.

America is already being replaced by China as the superpower since all the manufacturing industries were outsourced there and left the U.S as a service economy with no industries left.
The U.S can't survive off low interest rates forever, we've reached a point where raising it to only 5% would cause a situation worse than the Global Recession of 08. Just my two cents

children as all these elitist jews need them to stay young.

I agree. It's like if you look at the EU and, for instance the PIIGS debt, which was all rigged by Goldman and dumped mainly on DB in order to get past the Lisbon Treaty, you can see it's a system that was either going to successfully rope everybody in or be used to get everybody into an impossible situation in order to pull a massive reset so that the entity could be reorganized into even more of a superstate. Same thing with going full speed ahead on the Kalergi Plan -- that can only result in a Clowerd-Pivon type overloading of the system and eventual financial collapse in addition to cultural destruction and the rise of a necessary police state.

My guess is that the standing plan was to maintain some status quo clunking along until we could get further into transhumansim and transition the human drones (humans are natural resources) into some form of cashless society so that matters of a reserve currency would be only among major players. From everything I can gather, they still regard gold as being good as gold.

But it seems as if the Trump plan involves trying to strategically reallocate assets such as manufacturing back to the US in advance of some inevitable future collapse so that we'll be in a better position to ride it out. And if that means surviving on ridiculous interest rates to try to get the economy juiced enough to offset the inflation, and to not fall to dust before a currency reset of some sort, then so be it.

China needs someone to sell their shit too. The usa needs cheap shit. Interest rates were kept too low for too long

Yeah but now China is going full bore colonizing everybody else's assets, building a new silk road type trade route, etc. They're setting themselves up for a new grand era of Chinese Primacy (Xi pretty much said as much in his speech the other week).

>some inevitable future collapse so that we'll be in a better position to ride it out.

A stock market collapse on the scale of 1929 is my best guess since the only thing keeping stocks and bonds inflated is false optimism.

>And if that means surviving on ridiculous interest rates to try to get the economy juiced enough to offset the inflation

But we can't offset the next recession by keeping interest interest low. In fact the same tricks we used to ease our way out of the GR cannot be done the next time around without causing a massive currency crises.

US dollar will reign for 5 more decades.

The next world reserve currency is going to something overseen by the Chinese. Its going to be based around the Belt and Road system. And it may be a gold, silver, or oil backed system.

Americans will just have to get used to a lower standard of living once the USD stops being World Reserve Currency. I think the standard of living will more and more resemble "just another Latin American country."

> The blood of young children for transfusions
It actually provides health benefits for rejuvination. The studies have been done in rats.
In the short term, it'll go back to golds and precious metals. China is already doing just that, Russia and India too.

>2050-30xx: Clean water standard

fpbp, the imf, wb, ibm, and linux foundation are working on one as we speak desu

I CAN'T SHOVE BITCOINS INTO A STRIPPER'S G-STRING!!!!!!!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

this sadly, g*ds chosen will find a way to do this

>2000+17
>not splitting the humidity from the air to generate unlimited h20
c'mon bro, atmospheric water generation guarantees unlimited fresh water

see
Already being worked on atm

>China needs someone to sell their shit too
>China having a billion more people than the US

Well they're probably gonna run into the same walls the Usa did. China had a late start. They were still using oxes and carts in main cities until the 80s. The silk road could definitely bring them up though. My all time favorite documentary is on the silk road. Its shot in the 70s and it seemed like the Chinese were still in the 1900s

It will be purely electronic. As to which one, not sure

That's the pickle. Growing our way out of the mess fast enough to be able to have maybe a series of small devaluations or something else is a long shot. But hey we're not at collapse yet, so why not reorganize the domestic economy to have a better chance at recovering after a crash? And if infrastructure spending went a little more Weimar style than for the GR, the labor backing of the phony currency would help prop it up better without leading to social disarray and revolt due to lack of jobs, money, housing, etc., and would at the same time serve to devalue the dollar holdings of foreign entities, depriving them of purchasing power.

It'll be a rough ride no matter what. You could imagine something like the UBI meme going into effect as well in order to stave off the deleterious effects of bank runs and panic buying that typically accompanies a traditional devaluation.

ripple, I think it's called

Randbow currency: gold, silver, and platinum

But look at what they're doing in Africa for instance. Now they have the manufacturing capacity to move in an just build cities from scratch, effectively taking the land from the worthless native population and paying off the warlords. That's total takeover of a country, and then they have control over the local resources.

They don't give a shit about multiculturalism. But that does net them more people who will be buying from Chinese-owned production.

S K I L L Z

Skills, tech, and information will always make the difference, but you can't really build a monetary base on that unless you get crazy with derivatives or something.

But absolutely, for the individual, skillz are a great thing to be investing in these days.

Block chain digital currency

Not if it's irradiated.

I dont disagree I'm just comparing China's drive now to America's past conquests. China is getting africa, and the usa did the same thing to get south america

This describes something like exactly what I came to this thread to ask about that I've been suspecting may be true. I've been wondering to myself when this huge gigantic debt bubble finally implodes it would probably mean we're living in abject poverty even poorer than countries that are currently considered poor because not only would we have nothing but we have this mountain of debt.

Conventional wisdom is that a major implosion would result in massive global destabilization. So if we didn't already have a world war or pandemic or whatever, then we would have one after it started to blow.

Only easy way out of that situation if there's a new slave system ready to go, and they don't seem to have one yet. The US, being so much more reliant on technology and infrastructure would be hit among the hardest, which is why people think about moving to a less developed part of the world, or get a HAPPENING community going, or a bug-out base or whatever else.

A lot of projections have a Great Depression type crash or a grid down event or some such thing associated to some pretty sobering statistics about how many people would die within the first few months or the first year due to lack of infrastructure and support. Dangerous game.

This entire year my state's legislature has been in a battle over the budget because the oil collapse theres was like a billion dollar deficit. All the state services announced they would have massive cuts and everybody wouldn't get their gibs, thats what they constantly whined about in the media about how so many people would lose their gibs. When the dems issued a ultimatum trying to force raising taxes on the evil greedy capitalists of course then it became a highly politicized battle and nothing could get done at all so they wasted millions more dollars each day the session gets nothing done. Another interesting thing is that multiple state congressmen have decided to resign(maybe they see the writing on the wall?). And it finally turns out they had the money all along but didn't know they had it until now due to some "anomalies" or whatever and now they promise to do audits to make sure no more waste. And then of course the whole thing becomes politicized even more with the repubs against the dems that where using it all along to get more tax raises.
But I see it as a kind of preview of whats to come, the politicians bicker and get nowhere to solving any problem and the money runs out and everybody loses their gibs and chimps out. Then what, would the standard of living turn out to be? Probably worse than Africa-tier abject poverty because at least poor africans have Americans to give to them and provide their needs. But nobody is going to do the same to help the US, not only that but will probably kick the US when its down as revenge for all the shit we did like overthrow to install our own puppets and so on.

For a state-level problem, the federal government would step in to be the lender of last resort, which doubles as a power grab.

For a nation-level problem, CoG plans go in to effect and the military does whatever it need to in order to protect the nation, and remaining resources (whether that's CoG or just lending) go to triage maintenance of the worst of the problems. At present the military (and to a significant extent law enforcement) stands with the people, so it's unlikely a chaotic break-down situation would lead to dissolution of the country so as to fold it into some supernational entity; that's only likely to happen through machinations or in event of a total global paralysis type crisis.

But there aint no money to pay for anything anymore.
They where talking about doomsday. They where massively cutting everything, even "essentials" like law enforcement, education, social services, welfare, etc. I dont know whats more shocking that they could not do anything to try to solve it or that nobody cared. One head of one gov agency was on the media saying what the timeline for budget shortfalls for their agency would be. I dont recall the exact numbers they where listing off for the timeline but it was exponential. And that was just the deficit timeline for one state agency in one state. there are many more states that are in a much bigger hole.

There ain't no money to pay for anything now. It's all about consolidating power into the Federal Reserve, which has the (somewhat unique) legal authority to issue loans ad infinitum to keep the system going. That's why if the muni bonds or the stock market goes to shit or whatever they'll roll the retirement plans and pensions into federally funded annuities as a way to pillage everybody's accounts and put them on the bread lines.

As with the EU, all the member states have to get lined up around the edge of the cliff so that they can all hold hands and jump over at once into the new governmental / fiscal structure. Until then, it's a slow pressure game to keep things going while power is consolidated ever more centrally.

NYS, for instance, collects what we commonly call a Wall St. Sales Tax, which imo is a good idea. But then it refunds the whole thing and bickers like children about how to cover the multi-billion dollar annual budget shortfall for months -- I suppose this is a good excuse to look busy and get political points grandstanding. But they could cover the shortfall with maybe half of it, refund the other half, and the big banks wouldn't even care anyway.

It's a rigged system.