Daily reminder that the Bell Curve was not peer reviewed

Daily reminder that the Bell Curve was not peer reviewed

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Science_on_Intelligence
youtube.com/watch?v=MOqIcVqZv3c
pearsonclinical.com/psychology/products/100000037/wechsler-abbreviated-scale-of-intelligence--second-edition-wasi-ii.html
dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.intell.2009.11.003
youtube.com/watch?v=Ktlmmx8DiXc
youtube.com/watch?v=yZ65PSrSgAo
youtube.com/watch?v=FXmWJYULXwY
wsj.com/articles/SB115040765329081636
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lahn
nature.com/nature/journal/v461/n7265/pdf/461726a.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=GgZFGgJlAsk&t=166s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Murry and Bernstein are 'peerless'

...so a peer review was not possible.

And that means other people couldn't have looked it over?

Shameless self bump

They did.
He got a lot of signatures from researches in the field approving it.

Even today many scientists swear by it.

>expecting to be taken seriously with a commie flag

The fact that the ideas in that book still need citations and aren't just considered common knowledge is a fucking tragedy.

The nobel prize winner who discovered DNA still today preaches it.

>it's a tragedy people aren't racist bigots like me

Gonna need a sauce on that one

You should be able to find it yourself, but I will indulge your laziness so that others who enter the thread may learn.

It was sent to about 100 leaders in the field of genetic intelligence. Over half signed to show support for it, the other half either didn't agree fully with it or decided they didn't want to be associated with it, and only about 11 said it was not correct in their view.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Science_on_Intelligence

>the Bell Curve was not peer reviewed
You're so fucking dumb

Op is a nigger who can't into sci journals
Sage

Fpbp

You guys do realize most intelligence tests are a load of crap. Watch this video if you want a good idea of what a psychologist administered IQ test looks like

youtube.com/watch?v=MOqIcVqZv3c

pearsonclinical.com/psychology/products/100000037/wechsler-abbreviated-scale-of-intelligence--second-edition-wasi-ii.html

>IQ is a load of crap
>predicts income more accurately than parents income
only a total brainlet doesn't understand what IQ is and why it matters, literally the most sound thing in all psychology (which is a soft science)

/thread

The content of an IQ test is almost identical to the content of the SAT and the GRE. It's basic arithmetic, geometry, some vocabulary, and some other things. These subject areas don't require a significant amount of mental ability and they are amenable to preparation. You can easily boost your vocabulary and your ability to solve basic algebra problems. I know this because a friend of mine works as an SAT tutor and students often notice 2-3 standard deviation improvements in their scores.

Someone like Chuck Schumer managed to get a perfect score on the SAT before it was re-centered (When only a few people in the country could score that high). Is super genius? No. He knew the people who worked at Kaplan (a tutoring company) and they helped him out.

Given that getting a high score on the SAT can open the doors to a top tier school like Stanford, Harvard, MIT, there's no doubt that there should be a very high correlation between your IQ score and your income. Now even if you remove the SAT, it will still predict income but I doubt it will predict it better than your parent's income. (The guy's who wrote The Bell Curve even admitted the SAT is basically an IQ test)

Thats why i reviewed it

Jelte M. Wicherts, Conor V. Dolan, Han L.J. van der Maas, The dangers of unsystematic selection methods and the representativeness of 46 samples of African test-takers, Intelligence, Volume 38, Issue 1, 2010, Pages 30-37, ISSN 0160-2896, dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.intell.2009.11.003
>In light of all the available IQ data of over 37,000 African test-takers, only the use of unsystematic methods to exclude the vast majority of data could result in a mean IQ close to 70. On the basis of sound methods, the average IQ remains close to 80. Although this mean IQ is clearly lower than 100, we view it as unsurprising in light of the potential of the Flynn Effect in Africa (Wicherts, Borsboom, & Dolan, 2010) and common psychometric problems associated with the use of western IQ tests among Africans.
Daily reminder that Lynn's results were manufactured to support a certain agenda, and have been completely debunked.

There are many types of IQ tests that are just like pic related. They have been so well designed that you can even use your hands to explain how to do the test. Most people don't even need directions.

They bypass all cultural and language barriers.

You mean the book that has over 400 pages of cited works?

The Bell Curve isn't about race. It's about IQ. The portion of the text dealing with race is relatively narrow and was one of the portions of the text given the most careful attention by the authors. Also, the data on IQ, especially that regarding race, isn't controversial to sociologists and experts who are familiar with this subject matter. That data has been quietly known and reluctantly accepted for decades.

Yeah you fuckers always say this shit. Show me any mental test of any king designed by anyone that results in Africans having a higher average score than Europeans.

>Also, the data on IQ, especially that regarding race, isn't controversial to sociologists and experts who are familiar with this subject matter.
False

Just because you can study for the test for a temporary boost does not invalidate all IQ tests, it only invalidates that particular test.

No. Several well known researchers used Murray to virtue signal their way to notoriety. Murray himself acknowledges the shortcomings of IQ testing along with the many unknowns about IQ itself. Murray frequently cites the "Flynn" effect, for example. I'd point you to the Sam Harris podcast where he interviewed Murray for a very in depth discussion. It's a real eye opener. All science is slowly waking up to the reality of race after decades of denial that race even exists. As Sam Harris said, race does indeed exist genetically although it's a bit blurrier than our common social understanding.

>Sam harris broadcast
How about pointing me to actual academic papers instead of meme youtubers?
You do read those, right?

Im voted ng to promote the bell curve at the anarchist bookfaire at boston uninersity. It will piss off the nigger loving commies

t. Francis Galton

>le ebin virtue signaling meme
hahahaha le lololol so le funny epic meme lololol le ebinly meme'd XDDD epik meme dood!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you're right about one thing. You are quite shameless commie.

J. Philippe Rushton replicated the results exactly. In every Euro nation, Africa, and Asia. See his papers on the subject, or any of his numerous presentations.

Do you have any results that show different conclusions or are you just nit picking methodology?

>MUH PUR REVU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ktlmmx8DiXc

Daily reminder that all of the cited research was.

FUCKING REKT. Go starve you worthless commie.

"Race and IQ" by Rushton:

youtube.com/watch?v=yZ65PSrSgAo

see, this is why no one likes you guys

I'm not arguing that black people are more intelligent that white people. I don't really give a shit about that debate

I still think people place too much importance on these tests. The only part of the Weschler that tests innate mental ability which you can't really prepare for is the digit span test. The rest of the test is very easy to game.

youtube.com/watch?v=FXmWJYULXwY

>genetic differences are racist
Boo hoo, commie

>I still think people place too much importance on these tests.
IQ and conscientiousness are the best predictors of success of Western society. If you have a shitty IQ, doesn't mean you can't work past it and rise above it (wealthiest person I know couldn't even get his ass into St. John's Law School, now he has a gulfstream Jet and a NYC penthouse from trading bonds) but in general, IQ is tied to success.

You’re being a sperg for no reason. Everyone knows these tests aren’t perfect and a lot of people will even admit they’re not entirely sure what’s being measured by them. But the conclusions seem good and when future tests are developed they will likely reinforce these conclusions.

is the answer F?

an appeal to authority or the majority is a logical fallacy. that means your argument is false.

>You guys do realize most intelligence tests are a load of crap.
if that's true, then that means IQ tests are unreliable. Therefore there is a possibility that niggers are more intelligent than east asians. How likely do you believe it is that black africans are smarter than han chinese?

>Daily reminder that the Bell Curve was not reviewed by leftist academics whose sole purpose is to censor such studies

ftfy

so its only valid if its peer reviewed by a bunch of phd kikes?

That's science.

there was literally a 700+ page collection of reviews of it published in 95

>"Racial-ethnic differences in IQ bell curves are essentially the same when youngsters leave high school as when they enter first grade ... black 17-year-olds perform, on the average, more like white 13-year-olds"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA NIGGERS ETERNALLY BTFO'D

SIT ON A DILDO, COMMIE!

Is there like an HTML version of this infographic? Can't really follow links, read small text, or validate claims.

Lmao, I can't believe they allow this on wiki. They're literally saying that Blacks are the stupidest of them all.

YAAAAAAAWN!!!!

Scientist's Study Of Brain Genes Sparks a Backlash
wsj.com/articles/SB115040765329081636

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Lahn
> His research on the microcephaly-associated gene, MCPH1, led to the hypothesis that an archaic Homo sapiens lineage such as the Neanderthals might have contributed to the recent development of the human brain. His research also suggested that newly arisen variants of two brain size genes, ASPM and MCPH1, might have been favored by positive natural selection in the recent human history. This research provoked controversy due to the finding that the positively selected variants of these genes had spread to higher frequencies in some parts of the world than in others (for ASPM, it is higher in Europe and surrounding regions than other parts of the world; for MCPH1, it is higher outside sub-Saharan Africa than inside).

>nature.com/nature/journal/v461/n7265/pdf/461726a.pdf
>Science is finding evidence of genetic diversity among groups of people as well as among individuals. This discovery should be embraced, not feared, say Bruce T. Lahn and Lanny Ebenstein
>Promoting biological sameness in humans is illogical, even dangerous
>To ignore the possibility of group diversity is to do poor science and poor medicine
>A robust moral position is one that embraces this diversity as among humanity's great assets.

been debunked

youtube.com/watch?v=GgZFGgJlAsk&t=166s

Yes.

Daily reminder that the vast majority of shitty places to live are nonwhite, and it's because they are nonwhite and can't into prosperity.

TL:DW give me the basic gist commienigger, you ain't making me waste my time until you get me interested

Biology>Sociology
DEAL WITH IT COMMIE FAG

>they're using the social sciences to undermine the real sciences

I reviewed it,
It is now peer reviewed.

when you can't dispute findings you oppose, the best thing to do is ignore it.

The bell curve was missing many important facts when I read it and also at the end, just suddenly started making far out claims despite only giving me barely anything to work with.

The book doesn't go over physiology once, which is the most crucial difference between humans based on geography.

The book didn't go over the details about how environment changed people over the generations nor explained the method they used to change the environment other than saying they let a black kid stay with white people. This isn't a very large environmental factor other than the fact they might have parents that weren't racist and they still could have been treated as a black person anyway outside of the family, which is likely a large environmental factor as well.

The book also doesn't go through enough about the methods used and standards for intelligence, as at the time the book was made, IQ wasn't as defined as it is today and even todays IQ test have problems in terms of communicating to the reader.

This was a poorly made excuse for racist to feel justified. In reality, most things are a matter of circumstance. If whites were truly superior, the entire world would be white by now with all the history behind whites trying to conquer everything and ending up getting reverse colonized and cucked in the end.

>If whites were truly superior

He's some triggered beaner learning that his IQ is low.

This country is going to shit. Another 50 years and we'll fade into obscurity like Brazil.

what's the thought process of leftists that advocate for evolution but at the same negate the possibility of different populations having different characteristics?

Is it all just "muh feelings"?

>stein
>(((STEIN)))

Because they are.

I would not mind immigration to Japan so much if it was white engineers who arrive or computer researcher from Israel or something.

But instead only get niggers because white country already has nice potential and no language barrier for you. Nigger cannot count higher than three anyway so no need for deep language -- in a way not matter for them where they go because only like a disease.

We really not need more people with

Daily reminder that if you tell dog or horse trainer that "all breeds are same" they will laugh at you.

(((herrnstein)))
(((murray)))

At least they didn't change their names, now I dont have to be bothered to read it.

When I took the IQ pill the world stated to make a lot more sense.
>hurr durr Bell Curve has been debunked
Sure you can prove and disprove anything with a little fuzzy science, but fact of the matter remains that Africa stays a shithole no matter how much money we throw at it.

Daily reminder that I peer reviewed it myself and found the evidence overwhelmingly conclusive.

Is this the guy from Indiana Jones who doesn't know the difference between 0 and 5 camels?

hey there , books are seen as pretty high on the impact level , because you have to be an authority to find a publisher.

Also , Watson and Crick ,both agree with it. Also , it is just settled science. So get the fuck off our nuts

-Geneticist

Daily reminder that it's true.
>the truth caves in the entire communist world view