Tfw American and can only speak one language

>tfw American and can only speak one language

How do you do it inferior nations? Why can so many of you speak English so well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_/int/_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because every movie, every show and every website is in English.

So you just learn via osmosis? No formal education?

Of course we learn it at school. But without a reason to learn a language it's very hard to learn.

>how do you learn other languages

For 95% of Americans there’s literally no point in knowing anything but English.

Don't worry Tyrone, soon half of your country will speak Spanish and you will see what it feels like when your language group becomes the minority

Nothing is stopping you from learning another language.

you learn the base in school and then only consume English media
learning language isn't really hard as long as the alphabet is the same desu

Because the British Empire has dominated the earth and their offspring America are doing the same thing

For now the only useful languages outside of English are Chinese & Spanish

it sounds like a joke, but that's how i actually learned english, i've never read a book on grammar or "memorized" vocab.

>Why can so many of you speak English so well?
Because you can't hear our horrible accents

>English
is the international language of business

Most of us don't live the same sheltered lives as Americans
Because of this we grow up mentally and physically tougher, which I feel makes it easier for us to learn multiple languages
Everyone in my high school spoke English and Afrikaans and many could also speak Zulu or Xhosa
>TLDR Burgerboys are soft (literally and figuratively) both physically and mentally

the girl with the best english I've met here learned from watching youtube videos and sitcoms and mimicking them, shit's crazy. be thankful native English speakers, it's an enormous gift to have

I learned English by playing Pokemon Blue. No shit. It's just that it was only available in English at the time and was addictive as hell. Later in school we were taught English but since I was already fluent I ended up acing every test.
This is also true. Writing is so much easier than talking.

t. wielder of a horrible race car driver accent

shut up nigger, you're an embarrassment to put it lightly for America

Pro tip: English did not originate in America nor is it an American language, filthy mutt. I hate having to share this language with you people

that the good part of being american you dont have to learns the language or the history of subpar nation you are the reference .

Shouldn't you be learning Arabic right now?

do you get a lot of listening practice in? i feel this is an underrated component of language learning as it can often be difficult just trying to discern what the hell someone's saying

a little more studying might be in order for you

its so funny when people all over the world mock of american ignorance,they are the most ignorance ones

More like the average US school doesn't offer any foreign language until students are 13-14 years old. Meanwhile most other countries offer non native languages as soon as possible.

Most burgers learn English grammar in foreign language classes after the teacher realizes nobody knows what a noun is.

nice meme, last time I checked Austria has a higher density of muslims than us

learning korean rn

as a french canadian, i always try to speak english poorly to trigger the anglos. fuck you anglo scum your langage is shit just like your '''''''''''''''''''culture'''''''''''''''''

Pretty much this. It's probably more likely that people born in English speaking nations rarely learn a second language because there's no need. Everywhere on Earth you go you'll find somebody that speaks English to some degree. If you're born speaking Tagalog though, you'll probably put in an effort to learn English for entertainment, work or travel.

Not per capita.

tfw Austrian and speak 3 Languages fluent

German, Austrian and English

That's cheating and you know it damn well.

what is the austrian language?

진짜로 한국어 배운것 아무 이유가 없다

aside from learning for its own reward/as a hobby or special interest it's true. picking up Chinese might be worthwhile in the near distant future, but if you are a native English speaker you are in good shape

>do you get a lot of listening practice in?
I watch all English shows/movies with no subs so I guess yes? It's just my speech that's fucked and that's because I don't get any real practice. I suppose if I started playing some online video game with teamspeak or hanged out with immigrants who don't speak Finnish I'd get accustomed to it pretty quickly though.

>tfw you learn a language spoken solely by racist xenophobes on a volcanic archipelago just so you can listen to mp3s of women bullying you

Amazing. I guess I'll have to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas and Puerto Rican rap videos now.

>flag
>fluent german

naaah, he doesn't

English is the language you speak if you want a good life

Everything else is shit tier, you cannot deny this

Bow down to your english overlords

It's regional dialects. Some Germans wouldn't understand it, but it's not a different language.

I know several languages. Of course, the fact that I started learning English when I was 6 (a friend of the family was an English teacher) and the whole fact that everything is in English ( half of the channels on TV here are in English) it was easy. But later on I learned several other languages. Knowing a second language made that much easier than it would be if I didn't know a second language.

영어를 가르치기 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
jk tho, its just tht I know cantonese and studied japanese before so theres a lot of overlap tht i might as well use for something

>density
Haha, cute
You hautain pute

>mfw speaks 5 languages

Its all thanks to my 119IQ, bow before me brainlet.

We train ourselves to write and speak english so we can imigrate to the U.S. and fill out the forms to get government gibs.

Start with the one about LA MALDITA LISIADA

speaking other languages is beta

I learned everything from pokemon Emerald at age 5 and the internet later on
After 5 years of formal english education I still don't know any grammar rules or any such thing; it's all based on feeling

Amerifats can be happy they don't have the disaster that is dt-rules in their language

that's the problem for native English speaker, all the good media is already in English
i wish to learn German since it's the language of my ancestor but it's just so fucking hard to find interesting media

To make matters worse, most Americans are no less than 2000 miles away from a country that speaks a different language. Geography and the fact that English is the business language of the world means there's no point in being multi lingual unless you like to travel or learn languages for fun.
t. Former weeb trash that learned Japanese to watch anime and play games before they are localized.

>Why can so many of you speak English so well?
Ingrish are simple as fack

Germany has a ton of pretty funny comedy shows

I agree, finding good media in your desired language is the hard part.

Fucking kek. Links? For science reasons.

Also, this. So fucking much this!

shity german .

Euhm
No?

Diese

>t. Former weeb trash that learned Japanese to watch anime and play games before they are localized.
Im doing this right now, are you able to effortlessly read VNs?

Like what?
"Stacking bricks"?
"Driving a forklift"?

>The whole world is cucked by the Big Bull Words of English
Lel

No not really. But that's because I got over being weeb trash before I dedicated my life to learning all the kanji. A few years back I could read manga well enough. I think if I put in the effort I could have. It's not impossible and the grammar is childishly simple. The only thing that makes Japanese "hard" is kanji.

the trillion different pronounciations for the same kanji

Stromberg
Pastewka
Bullyparade
Ladykracher
Die Otto Show

"useful"

This kek

What are dt-rules?

20% of what I learned about English was in school. Past tense, past perfect, past perfect progressive, past perfect simple, conditional, present perfect, yadda yadda, all that stuff. The basics, more or less.
Having a decent teacher helped, too. I had a shitty teacher in High School, but I was more or less by my own then. I was lurking the *chins as an underageb&, I was watching YTPs, and I was playing games (esp. World of Warcraft). I soon got the hang of it, and I could enjoy all of these double meanings in the YTPs. I had issues "getting" some jokes, but soon, I had come to understand the American culture. Not only could I understand jokes that you have to be an american to understand, but I could participate in politics.
Yeah, I know how stupid this sounds, but that's how a person who went through his teens in the 00s learns English.
Oh, and sorry britbongs! Y'all are just a bit weird to me, so my knowledge of British culture is lacking.

where is is my qt black autist bf reee

>How do you do it inferior nations?

Don't worry Americoon, your country will soon only speak Spanish.

And French

>tfw wish was born in a european country so i wud know like 4 languages

If they don't learn English, they will get left behind.

quebec will never be libre

Thanks, I kinda needed some bullshit to watch. Do the jokes rely heavily on knowing German or are they more "universal"?

I understand a little bit of Mexican but can't speak it.

Norwegian skit on the Danish language
youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk
(they speak english)

I'd say they are universal. Expect a lot of nazi jokes.

Shit man, i was hoping for some success stories,also, I agree, kanji is a bitch, im doing RTK and i already feel burnt out, and RTK doesn't really "teaches" you kanji. im not even at your level, i can barely understand よつばと.
>tfw you're retarded

>french
>relevant
LMAO @ frog fucks who actually believe this

Pleenty of nignogs in Africa speak Frech.
But they're niggers, so who cares about speaking with them?

4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_/int/_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

Git gud faggit

No worries my mongrel friend

Want something exotic? Something literally nobody even heard about? Try Georgian! it will make your wish to learn other languages disappear! Guaranteed to work

its true, i had spanish for 4 years in school and i dont remember shit because nothing i do in daily life involves spanish.

shitpost on ylilauta for 6 years. see where that leaves you

It's general just two to 6 readings. You can know which to go with based on the way the character is used. On its own as a verb or noun you get the traditional Japanese reading. In a compound with other kanji in something like a noun or a name and you get the traditional Chinese reading localized into Japanese. From there the variance is more like conjugation than a new reading. So something with a Chinese reading like "shou" might become "jou" when combined at the end of another kanji in a compound. In top of that similar looking kanji tend to have similar readings despite having different meanings. This being due to the radicals that form them. It sounds complex but it starts to feel natural once you see the pattern a few times. There's a method behind the moon runes. It just has to be worth your time to learn it.

i want to learn russian. i already speak serbian, maybe it wont be too hard.

Keep at it. I just found other priorities for my time once I realized I wasn't interested in the weeb dream of moving to Japan. I still watch anime raw. Reading just wasn't a huge priority for me though.

But I already speak Georgian.

>nazi jokes
Haven't heard those before

I speak french, English and Arabic. Honestly french is the hardest especially the grammar

I dont ever consider myself a weeb though, i just want access to the culture, the only thing i really want is to be able to play eroges and understand them.

have you ever left your basement?
you can get around the southwest better with spanish than with english.

Of you could make 100 times what you make now just for being about to speak mandarin, would you do it?

Of course, so stfu.

Lemme guess, she was triggered by the flag?

You are a disgrace, atlanta should be renamed to somalia because its a niggerland. A true Georgian speaks Georgian, English and unfortunately Russian as well

Don't be retarded

english is relevant worldwide.
other languages not so much.

Ahahahah Retarded westerners jesus christ

Caucasian= automatically white in their brain

They learn it in school, every movie has it in it and they spend their lives immersed in English on a Tongan crab spinning forum.

Check out a ds game called kanken 3. It teaches you kanji and because of the touch screen you can practice writing. Outside of that just keep reading and write down the words you don't know until you know them.

r-rude

But the Chinese are terrible people that would watch you bleed out in the street without helping and eat your family pet. Anybody got the story of the guy noting industrial steel in China and getting fucked over at every turn? Their economy is built on scams and cutting corners.