Did he get a DD or BCD?

If he was dishonorably discharged he couldn't legally own a gun. If he had a bad conduct discharge then he could. Does anyone have access to his original charge and sentencing information?

References:
His appeal and rejection.
armfor.uscourts.gov/newcaaf/journal/2014Jrnl/2014Feb.htm
archive.is/ExB7k

armfor.uscourts.gov/newcaaf/journal/2014Jrnl/2014Mar.htm
archive.is/Iitdm

DD
heavy.com/news/2017/11/devin-kelley-p-sutherland-springs-church-shooter-patrick-kelly/
archive.is/Wq6zQ

>CBS News reported that the suspect is former “US Air Force E1 (2010-2014). He received a dishonorable discharge. He was court martialed in May 2014.” The network also wrote, “Kelley is a former U.S. Air Force member who served from 2010 to 2014. He was dishonorably discharged and court martialed in May 2014.” However, other reports indicate the end result was a bad conduct discharge. According to Daily Beast, “Kelley was court martialed in November 2012 and a judge sentenced him with a bad-conduct discharge, 12 months confinement, and two reductions in rank to basic airman, according to an appeals court decision in 2013 that affirmed the decision against Kelley.”

BCD
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/06/devin-kelley-texas-church-gunman-kicked-air-force-domestic-violence/
archive.is/R3um9

>She said he served 12 months' confinement after a 2012 court-martial and ultimately received a bad conduct discharge and reduction in rank.

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/us/2017/11/06/texas-church-shooting-who-is-gunman-devin-patrick-kelley.html
clickondetroit.com/news/national/what-we-know-about-texas-church-shooter-devin-patrick-kelley
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/06/562320017/the-texas-church-shooter-should-have-been-legally-barred-from-owning-guns
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think it was a domestic abuse charge, he was court-martialed.

>when you forget to give your puppet a proper back story and fudge the story, hoping no one really notices
Feds with egg on their face again?

We know that. Did he specifically get a bad conduct discharge or a dishonorable?

You're missing the forest for the trees
What happens when you get convicted of domestic violence in relation to firearms?

I'm betting on a BCD. However, he did severely abuse his kid and his wife. If he got a felony, I think he got DD'd. But, I dunno.

he was locked up for 12 months? Do they do that for domestic abuse in military?

That's a good point. Having been convicted of partner/family member assault would legally prohibit him from owning a gun anyhow. That's a fairly esoteric point for most to understand especially if he recieved a BCD.

A complex story is the death of understanding. If he had a DD and they say BCD they can plausibly make this about gun laws even if we understand the finer points. If he did have a BCD fall back on your point.

>foxnews.com/us/2017/11/06/texas-church-shooting-who-is-gunman-devin-patrick-kelley.html

He can't own a gun regardless of the military because he was guilty of domestic assault. While some states may still allow gun ownership, the feds will never allow the background check to pass.

Thus, he was unable to legally buy a gun.

Agreed. That being said my question remains.

They need to look into where the gun came from at this point. I don't see many people talking about that.

actually it doesn't matter, the domestic violence conviction should have prevented him from buying a gun. What's the use of slapping on more gun control laws when we don't properly enforce the ones we do have.

damn he looks like shit for his age

It matters if you care about details. If it turns out he had a BCD this story becomes complex enough to spin. If he had a DD then it's easier to explain honestly. If you can't say the story in a headline you have no hope of the truth being heard.

It honestly doesn't matter. Gun control will never happen.

What needs to be pointed out is that ALL of these shooters are ALWAYS either Muslim or LIBERAL.

The left is constantly promoting hatred and violence. Most of the MSM indirectly encourages this behavior.

These facts need to be memed far and wide. It's time to hold the left accountable for this bullshit. The left, Islam, and the left's support of Islam need to be lime-lighted asap.

Unless it had an 80% lower It's got a serial number. They can go back to the original person who bought/sold/manufactured it and work backwards from there.
Once the thing was sold in a parking lot or at a gun show the trail is gonna die.

Take your pick - "g" or "i"
Either way, he's unable to own firearms. Also, he was denied a concealed carry permit, so his past convictions were in the system.

And yet, he just seemed to ignore the law. Maybe if we pass more laws requiring people to obey laws, everything will be fixed. It'll be a great world once bump stocks and home depot rental trucks are banned.

You're right, but I'm interested specifically in the original conviction and if his discharge was upgraded after the fact. Regardless he would be able to own a gun. If we catch the news lying though we can strike a blow.

Literally doesn't matter. He legally could not own a firearm because of a domestic violence charge.

Let's just say I'm curious about the truth then.

Betting he got the gun from an illegal

It's always amusing that most of the people with firearms are likely republicans, and somehow... maybe it's kekmagic... they manage to stay law abiding.

you niggas ever tried Google n sheeit?

>Court martial: BCD, not DD (DDs are fairly rare)
'Kelley was court-martialed in 2012 for two counts of Article 128 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, assault on his spouse and assault on their child, Stefanek said. Kelley received a bad conduct discharge, confinement for 12 months and a reduction in rank, she said.'

>How he obtained the gun (Spoiler: he 'forgot' to not tick the box that would have disbarred him from buying a gun)
'Kelley purchased the Ruger AR-556 rifle in April 2016 from an Academy Sports & Outdoors store in San Antonio, a law enforcement official told CNN. When Kelley filled out the background check paperwork at the store, he checked the box to indicate he didn't have disqualifying criminal history, the official said. He listed an address in Colorado Springs, Colorado, when he bought the rifle, the official said.'

most sources agree on all of these details, seen nothing noteworthy that contradicts. Quotes above all from:
clickondetroit.com/news/national/what-we-know-about-texas-church-shooter-devin-patrick-kelley

They keep saying DD... They also said he got his firearms in Colorado but that isnt relevant i dont think

FWIW - I'm pretty sure it was a BCD, not a DD from what I've read in follow-up stories.

So technically, I don't think he would have lied answering section "g" with a "no." But again, that ends up being irrelevant with the 1996 amendment to the 1968 gun control act for domestic violence.

He was sold the gun from the soup agencies.

Doesn't matter, the domestic violence charge is still disqualifying.

So do they not even bother doing a background check? You can just not tick a box, lie and get a gun anyway?

>He listed an address in Colorado Springs, Colorado
You've gotta show your ID and the addresses have to match the forms every time I've done one.
Wonder how he got away with that one.

All the liberal faggots are always screaming about more background checks. If it turned out he simply lied and they approved it anyway - then that's a questions for the BATFE and FBI about why their background system checks don't work. It also indicates that criminals will just continue to ignore it, or a black market will flourish.

Texas seemed to work OK on their side - he was denied a concealed carry permit.

If he did time in the brig, I would more than likely say he got a DD, but commanding officers sometimes take pity and only a BCD for crimes. Who knows, it also could have been thay he appealed the DD later on as well.

Tossed salad and scrambled eggs

So this is the power of american gun control? You can just lie on the paperwork? Oh no, nonono, etc

>ALL of these shooters are ALWAYS either Muslim or LIBERAL
>Gun owner
>Liberal
Are you insane?

idk - think some stores are online Database linked for criminal background check, but, apparently would have also had to link to Military DB, to check for DD, etc.

Or, its just not linked to shit, and they trust you to tick the right boxes. All seems fairly sketchy, desu.
>screaming about more background checks
if you gonna sell guns over the counter, maybe, on e of the few use cases for Orwellian shit actually in favor of, yeah. So bite me.

BCD ... aka "Big Chicken Dinner".

It is a charge in a military court though.
Domestic does disqualify you though from being issued a gun in service.

He sent his infant son to the hospital. Really hope he wasn't pitied for that.

Sometimes the police drop the charge and let the military justice system take care of them, and sometimes they have to face charges from both.

Pretty sure it was a BCD. He still plead guilty to beating his wife and child. That bars you from purchasing guns. So how did he buy those guns?

well see people are asking about BCD vs DD because a DD will pop up in a background check, a BCD won't.

However a Domestic Violence conviction should pop in a background check all by itself and prevent him from owning a gun.
I mean that's what background checks are for, to keep firearms out of the hands of the violent, the mentally ill, and the criminal.

I found his mylife profile and it had him listed as currently living in Colorado Springs. Previous address was Texas. No other public profile had the colorodo springs which I thought was weird

The heck is a soup agency?

I get that. But if he got charged in criminal court we should be able to find something, right?

Alphabet soup
Alphabet agencies
3 letter agencies

Religious beard?

I thought it was claimed he bought it at Academy.

Campbells

I knew that

Progresso

like michael savage said today, one look and you know he 2 fries short of a happy meal

NPR has confirmed the Air Force failed to forward his court martial and conviction records to the background check database

The fucker should never have been allowed to purchase that rifle

Yeah, you should be able to find something if it exists, but like I said stuff like this the police generally let the military justice system handle, it's just less paperwork, time, and hassle for the police dept.

he wouldn't be able to legally own any firearm, so he couldn't have purchased it, and he would have had to turn in any firearms he owned before being barred, so he obtained this firearm illegally.

Fox is reporting that due to the military handling the domestic violence in house, his record was never flagged for it.

the Air Force fucked up

He passed the background check because they failed to forward his records to the database

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/06/562320017/the-texas-church-shooter-should-have-been-legally-barred-from-owning-guns

Military incompetence is Occam's Razor in this case.

Yes, it was obtained illegally. But that doesn't mean he didn't buy it from a store. Domestic abuse bars any individual convicted from possession of firearms and ammunition. The serial number will tell the story.

I'm not surprised, military admin is fucking trash. I would have to have no less than 5-10 copies of every important document, because they would likely "lose" it on no less than 3 occasions.

>The serial number will tell the story

I doubt we'll hear one word about that. I'll even bet this event will be swept under the rug like the Vegas event.

>But under federal law, anyone convicted of "a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year" is prohibited from possessing a firearm. The same is true for anyone convicted of "a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence" under a provision that allows no exception for the military or law enforcement.

>An official at the Pentagon tells NPR's Tom Bowman that a mistake resulted in neither the arrest nor the conviction being listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, the database that would have flagged him as ineligible to purchase a firearm.

>"This was mishandled by the Air Force Office of Special Investigations at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico, where Kelley was serving when he was arrested," Tom reports. "An investigation is now underway, and the Air Force is taking it very seriously, said the source."

>Kelley purchased four guns over a four-year period, according to federal officials; all those purchases were made after his court-martial conviction.

>NPR's Martin Kaste reports that Academy Sports & Outdoors, a store that sold Kelley guns, says it ran a background check on Kelley twice in the past two years. Kelley passed each time, the company says.

He bought them from a store.

To be fair, had he not been able to buy a gun from an FFL, he might have tried his luck with a private sale. It's too late to know if that'd be true now, but that's how it's done in Chicago.

Makes you wonder if any more slipped through

except they've already said that the rifle was purchased at a store
They even interviewed the owner of the shop

Stop spreading bullshit.
This shooting is an open and shut case
The air force failed to forward his conviction records to the background check database

We should all still be focused on what the fuck happened in Las Vegas, but oh well

im sure it was an honest mistake

Operation Fast and Furious

Does this mean that families of the victims can sue the airforce?

Kinda weird.
Vegas: Largest Mass Shooting in US history.
Sutherland: Largest mass church shooting in Texas history.
Really makes you think.

>Kelley purchased four guns over a four-year period, according to federal officials; all those purchases were made after his court-martial conviction.

It didn't just happen last week or last year
His conviction fell through cracks in the DoD and never was reported to the gun purchase database
end of story

They'd have a good case.

No one's spreading bullshit, don't get your nigger knickers in a twist.

Read what I wrote again. I said "had he not been able to buy a gun from an FFL" -- meaning that I acknowledge that he did buy from Academy Sports -- "he might have tried his luck with a private sale".

I also mentioned it's kind of Monday Morning QB'ing, but that's the reality of the situation. Evil doers gonna evil-do rather than follow the law.

Yeah, strangely in a another time, another place, there was a Church shooting by some dude named "Roof" where his case also fell through the cracks.

It's as if government can't keep track of things!

Was Roof enlisted? court martialed?

Was Roof ever arrested and convicted of a felony prior to his shooting?
Was Roof ever arrested and convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence before his shooting?
Was Roof ever adjudicated mentally incompetent by a judge prior to his shooting?

I'm seriously asking, I don't know a lot about that background on that story

>Soy and fluoride.jpg

iirc he had been committed at some point, dont hold me to it though i may be mistaken

you some kind of ambulance chaser? Its (at least) incompetence with foreseeable and avoidable deadly results, doubt they'll let it anywhere near a court and settle first tho. Also doubtless a few less well-publicized cases they'd prefer were not dragged back into the light of day either.

>Be on a ton of psych meds as a teen
>gets accepted into the Air Force

Someone lied at MEPS.

widely reported he bought it at academy. seems like military didnt provide info to background check databases

Dishonorable with rank demotion to E1.

Literally everyone lied at MEPS. If you tell them the truth about your medical record you are doing it wrong.

Paperwork is merely the first hurdle. There's a federal background check after that. Could be that the store that sold it to him (saw a news story that said he got it from Academy Sports) failed to actually run the background check. In which case, we don't need more gun laws. We just need the existing laws to be enforced.

Yes. My ex husband was an E5, went off to Afghanistan, came home with PTSD, beat me up. 12 months in Leven. Felony.

He lied on Fed forms??

It's very very difficult to get separated from the military with a dishonorable discharge. You usually get other than honorable, or even honorable, but with special codes attached.

Funny coincidence, that. You know that this guy knew domestic violence and/or dishonorable discharge would prevent him from passing a background check. What are the odds that he thought to just try his luck, on the off chance that he'd somehow pass the check? This stinks.

Hannity just reported the USAF did not put domestic violence on the discharge papers so it didn't flag in the NICS system

In NYS they’re computer generated and run. Same in TX? The results get printed off at gun counter.

He purchased 4 times over the past 4 years

this situation makes no sense to me. i did 14 years army. i know for a fact that after waiting less than a year from seperation you can apply for other than honorable, and then again wait to apply for a regular or general discharge. i like you guys, but right now i have to say you dont know wtf ur talking about.

He wasn't dishonorably discharged, it was a misconduct discharge, big difference

Wtf is going on? Wasn’t “Paddock” purchasing over 4 years too??

fake and gay.

WHITE WING TERRORISM

I really don't feel the Las Vegas shooting and this one are remotely similar and no analogies should be drawn between the two.

That's an "i've just converted to Islam beard" if i ever saw one.

Well we can credit terrible journalists for the inconsistencies in this story. Didn’t someone point out the conflicting information with Vegas too? Paddock was rich, broke, depressed, no mental illness, history of Mental illness etc

I doubt it was a DD. I’ve seen drug dealers come out of a 3 year sentence to Leavenworth and get a BCD. The guy was booted for beating his wife or some such.

He wouldn't go clean shaven into the attack, and the mustache area would be shaven if it was a Muslim beard

I’m not gay fuck wad. I’m a girl. It’s not fake. Google National Guardsman in Clifton Springs, NY killed in action in Afghanistan. My ex husband’s best friend. Pic related. His best friend’s military funeral