/SKG/ SKYKANG GENERAL - Trump to Seoul, South Korea edition

There were a lot of activity on USAFM lately due to Trump's journey.

------------

>TUNE IN:
websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
[Loc J032kf]

>SKYKING FREQUENCIES:
main: 11175 8992
backup: 4724 6739 13200 15016
mode: USB

------------

>WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
numbers-stations.com/media/articles/EAMs.pdf
mt-milcom.blogspot.com/p/what-is-emergency-action-message-or-eam.html
ominous-valve.com/hfgcs.txt
lswilson.dewlineadventures.com/skyking/

>CALLSIGN LIST:
henney.com/chm/callsign.htm
panix.com/~clay/scanning/Frequencies/Military/mil-callsigns.txt (out of date)

>FREQUENCIES:
mwlist.org/mwlist_quick_and_easy.php?area=1&kHz=648

>LIST OF ALTERNATE WEBSDRs THAT CAN BE TUNED TO SKYKING:
gist.github.com/anonymous/2e448b4287ddcc05ade7c90778d57eac

>LISTENING STATION LOCATIONS:
levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php

>MILITARY AIR TRAFFIC:
global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html
Go to options, filters (check enable filters), and select military.

>SOUTH KOREA AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL
liveatc.net/flisten.php?icao=rkso&mount=rkso

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/szNqigyS
twitter.com/SkyKingInfo
levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_radio_stations_in_North_Korea
wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Category:North_Korea_Military_Frequencies
w7rna.dyndns-remote.com:18901/?tune=4724usb
hamqsl.com/solar3.html
sdr.hu/?q=south korea
twitter.com/DEFCONWSALERTS/status/927664087168880640
youtube.com/watch?v=aR8Fe1lTKHo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>old SkyKangz
pastebin.com/szNqigyS
twitter.com/SkyKingInfo

Note: 4724 and 6739 are much better after dark than 8992. Lower frequencies work better after the D Layer dissipates and can reflect off of F2. It's important to remember AFTER DARK means in the Netherlands where the antennas are located, not where someone using the WebSDR is located. If using an HF receiver at home, after dark means where your antenna is located. An exception is fs there's a geomagnetic storm and the K-Index rises above 5 or more. Lower HF frequencies may not work at all. That's more an issue in daylight hours, though.

Alternative WebSDRs that can be tuned to SKYKING:
[Loc FN21mh] fq 4724 8992 15016
[Loc KO04sd] fq 4724 6739 8992
[Loc GH80Ac] fq 4724 6739 11175
[Loc NO13th] fq 13200 15016
[Loc JN70fq] fq 13200 15016
[Loc LO64dv] fq 6739 13200 15016
[Loc FN20xd] fq 4724 6739 15016
[Loc GG53ob] fq 4724 6739 15016
Full list [Gist] WebSRD_full_list.txt (embed)
Location of listening stations - Maidenhead Grid Square - levinecentral.com/ham/grid_square.php

>NK RADIOS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_radio_stations_in_North_Korea

>KRE PBS Pyongyang Pansong
main: 3320 6400
mode: USB

I'm getting a grill on 8992 the usual alpha Juliet shit

Long old fucking message shes been going on for a while now.

Hello.

Me too. The signal is very bad. Maybe it's from the Pacific. (the radio station we are using is in the Netherlands)

Yes, that's quite possible the USAF has bases literally all over the world.

Listening to the grill, if there wasn't so much background noise her voice might've gave me a boner.

Also pic might be important info.

>work detected
They should us that detection technology in Africa so we can isolate the working cells to improve overall efficency

Coming in on w7rna.dyndns-remote.com:18901/?tune=4724usb much better. New call from a dude.

I'm going to check propagation today.

Thank you! I add this to the list.

Try websdr.org It lists many, many SDRs. Some are better than others, none have the range the Twente SDR has but you can find receivers closer to the transmitters you're listening for sometimes.

Space weather/aurora conditions should be good for signals in these bands. Don't know why it's crap tonight. hamqsl.com/solar3.html

>implying anyone in africa works.

Is 4724 the correct frequency for USAF? If so this site might come in great for when WebSDR doesn't give a good signal.

SKYKING NOW!!!!!

TOP GUN ...
This is Rampad? out

4724, 6739, 8992 (I don't like 8992 on Twente) 11175 and 13200.

Skyking just came in crystal clear on the w7rna website.

FUCK I missed it, what did it say?

look this

Shit I cannot link normally... so this

Top Gun was the "go word." Seems they've rotated from rock bands and football words back to movies today.

Are we in defcon 4 times or defcon 3?

Girl is back, yay

I'm getting the grill on webSDR 8992 but not on W7RNA 4724. Normally they broadcast on all of them right?

Now it's the qt speaking.

Probably still 4. 3 would see "aircraft dispersal" where armed bombers would be sent to a secure tarmac at civilian airports. 2 would see them airborne.

Nice, I do love listening to these things and the odd code words they use.

WWIII starts this week.

She's on W7RNA, just not breaking the squelch. Propagation is goofy tonight. A and K Indexes are fine, so I don't know what's going on.

Is this site useable?

Yeah I heard some others talking about having issues tonight, wonder what's going on.

When will take off AF1 from Japan?

repostin some /SKG/ oc

RR is a good site, yes. Doubt any of these receivers would pick up Nork radio chatter unless the SDR is located in South Korea.

The Norks *likey* don't use more than 150 watts since they rarely need to send a signal beyond their own borders.

>top gun
>not risky business

they should use online slang for codenames

ALL STATIONS THIS IS COALBURNER DO NOT ANSWER!

Well, I spaced a little on W7. That receiver is still not in the Grey Line (sunset) so the lower HF frequencies are still gonna be muddy until the D-Layer fades.

sdr.hu/?q=south korea
There are 2, but they are full now (only 4 user)

Well, it's my first time tuning in, I expected nothing at all... Wew, is this amount of traffic normal?

Norks are low power betas

More calls. Busy today.

Those would be your best bet if they cover the frequencies listed for the Norks.

They've had callsigns that make me think they are fully aware of out /skg/ thread and are messing with us. I like to think the guys see these threads and go, "Sergeant! The autists are at it again!"

I guess no, but Trump might be or will be in the air with Air Force One in Korea, so it's not ordinary times.

What frequency? are you on, I heard a bit from 8992, but it's been silent for about 4-5 minutes now.

Like this?

Switching between 4724 and 6739 on w7rna.

>CNN on screen 2

What's w7rna, I don't understand that part..

My apologies, I just used the instructions above.

6739 gogogogo

w7rna.dyndns-remote.com:18901/?tune=4724usb

Yup, listening..

you writing it down?

It's been busier than normal since I've been listening today. Feel free to ask questions.

Depending on the frequency, you don't even need 100 watts to talk half way around the world. The radio I am buying off my buddy (his back-up unit he just replaced with a Ten-Tec and has less than 100 hours on it) after I get my General-class transmits at 100 watts and with a good antenna, he's talked to Siberia regularly from "8" region.

He's also giving me a hell of a deal on the radio and I'm saving my pennies for it.

saved

if i could i would

long ass EAM, is everyone else hearing it?

Yup.
Being transmitted on several ch.
Am on 8992.00

l4lfamfddys57t3257gtdxjxgy6 more to follow this is spasjaw on 6739

This is a VERY long one. I haven't heard one this long since the surprise Russian drill next to Finland when Putin vanished.

This is going to take him 20 minutes to transmit. Something's up for sure.

it's the same 3 words to start, then the message, he's called it in 3 different "groups so far.

two eams going out simultaneously?

getting some crosstalk on 8992. hearing "lima" a few times from grill

Trump is in SK.

It'd be be fucking ready to drop a bomb on Kim's house if Trump is assassinated, type of message.

The qt and the man are talking simultanly.
On 8992 you can hear the girl, on 11175 you can hear her less.

(short while ago) "More to follow, stand by" - wow, something serious? Preparations for happenings in NK and arabia?

the grill is either repeating the same message or two messages are going out

The first three to 6 of all the alphanumeric calls are a preamble to let the station(s) know it's for them.

NK missile test or nuke test incoming?

There was 4 or 5 total groups that get repeated at first, then the message for each seems to follow for that group.

what does a long EAM mean? is it happening?

I could only speculate. The amount of traffic and that last long-ass message tell me something is up, but what it is is anyone's guess.

>two messages are going out
It's two overlapping messages. Shit is crazy tonight. Several extremely long messages, overlapping messages, simulcast messages.

That's what I figured, it's identifying who it's for...

So there was 4-5 messages that just went out for different groups, seems like alot.

Nothing unusual on ADSB

See It'd be heightened alert messages

It seems.
twitter.com/DEFCONWSALERTS/status/927664087168880640

Trump tweets 'Happening+++" and military communications traffic is going off

My personal belief is that the code group preamble shifts a few characters for each call to the same station each times as a way to prevent an enemy from knowing what letters to call to the station. So it maybe AB3TH the first time then AB3YL or something the next time.

>Kims house

kek

My two older brothers are Rangers. They were put on alert late last week and they shipped out Friday night. They were right at the end of a workup and were expected to come home. I hope everything is ok.

>My personal belief is that the code group preamble shifts a few characters for each call to the same station each times as a way to prevent an enemy from knowing what letters to call to the station. So it maybe AB3TH the first time then AB3YL or something the next time.

ya I noticed it deviated by 1 or 2

Obviously if some action somewhere by someone and others are watching, you can sniff out info about that code group if only one was called.

Look who just took off

Stay strong, bro! I hope it's just for the Trump-journey.

Hams have been trying to do it for years since before the internet. Not sure about their success.

I'm putting up my own SDR soon. As much as I love my S-85, SDR has so much more to offer and when I get my TS-590SG, I can use it as a panadapter for the radio and control it with HDSDR (plus I'm a sucker for waterfalls and spectrual displays).

Looks like she's Bee-Lining for Offutt, AFB.

There's always an E6 up. Always.

Is that a wizard or a warlock that they speak of?

And one of the two Nightwatch are following Trump everywhere. Anytime the President leaves Washington a Nightwatch will typically shadow and land at the closest airport to AF1. Seen it with Bush and Obama when they came to my city; AF1 lands at the major airport here while Nightwatch and support C-5s land at the cargo airport 20 minutes away.

FASTDRAW qith another call.

Trump just exited Air Force One in South Korea and is now boarding Marine One.

Scratch that looks like he's boarding Air Force One again.

Shit, this is another very long message. Highly unusual.

He's quick. Damn.

Anybody know Korean?
youtube.com/watch?v=aR8Fe1lTKHo

Is there a stream you're watching? That seems strange

Strange formats for them, yeah.

Is this much traffic/noise regular?

Do they ever say anything other then the current messages in code?

Would "fastdraw" have a meaning behind it... IE) called for groups that respond asap... etc..