Remember, this not an AK anything, or anything with a bumpstock...

Remember, this not an AK anything, or anything with a bumpstock, was the weapon of choice when the "2nd amendment" was written.

And yet it still begins with, "a well regulated..."

Think about it though, it was inherently democratic to require numbers. Now, any tyrant with a bumpstock can mow down a crowd or a flock.

You fucks who think we should ignore the "well regulated" part, or that laws shouldn't be reviewed in light of new technology...

You're insane.

Other urls found in this thread:

founders.archives.gov/documents/Adams/06-01-02-0045-0009
youtube.com/watch?v=7jqpG9A---U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You insane for thinking this shit is gonna fly on here.

come and take them

W Britain...
noice

First amendment was not including message board, you racist nazi pepe worshipper :^)

Semi automatic weapons existed when the bill of rights was written

Hand-crank machinegun prototypes were in existence when the Consitution was written. The founding fathers were aware that weaponry would advance. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Fuck yourself

You can kiss the blackest part of my ass you pussy.

>Well regulated
Means armed, equipped and trained. Please see the writing of TJ of GW if you're so ignorant on the phrasing.

Also, the 2A doesn't say
>muskets
It says
>Arms
Please point to the phrase "musket" in the 2nd Amendment.

If the gun issue is that important to you why don't you move?

It's Okay to Be Armed.

> This has been covered.
Read some history OP.
Read about your country.
You are just making shit up.

Well regulated didn't mean regulation back in the day, it meant organized and trained, hence the military term "Regular." The 2nd Amendment advocates for an armed populace to function as an organized defense force.

Well regulated meant well supplied in an 18th century context. Can you find any other document from the time supporting the view that the founding fathers meant for gun rights to be limited in any way? Any at all? Even a private letter or newspaper article would suffice.

If such a document existed the left would trot it out in every argument.

We used to hang traitors too. Commies like you.

Interdasting

>The rifle was 4 ft (1.2 m) long and weighed 10 lb (4.5 kg), about the same basic size and weight as other muskets of the time. It fired a .46 caliber ball[3] (caliber is contested, original sources such as Dolleczek[4] describe the caliber as 13mm (.51cal)) and it had a tubular, gravity-fed magazine with a capacity of 20 balls. This gravity operated design was such that the rifle had to be pointed upwards in order to drop each ball into the breech block. Unlike its contemporary, muzzle-loading muskets, which required the rifleman to stand up to reload with powder and ball, the shooter could reload a ball from the magazine by holding the rifle vertically while lying on his back and operating the ball delivery mechanism. The rifleman then could roll back into position to fire, allowing the rifleman to keep a "low profile". Contemporary regulations of 1788 required that each rifleman, in addition to the rifle itself, be equipped with three compressed air reservoirs (two spare and one attached to the rifle), cleaning stick, hand pump, lead ladle, and 100 lead balls, 1 in the chamber, 19 in the magazine built into the rifle and the remaining 80 in four tin tubes. Equipment not carried attached to the rifle was held in a special leather knapsack. It was also necessary to keep the leather gaskets of the reservoir moist in order to maintain a good seal and prevent leakage.[5]

>The air reservoir was in the club-shaped butt. With a full air reservoir, the Girandoni air rifle had the capacity to shoot 30 shots at useful pressure. These balls were effective to approximately 125 yd (114 m) on a full air reservoir. The power declined as the air reservoir was emptied.[6]

Oh wow, a gun with an accurate range of 10m and instant-kill bullets, yeah that shit ain't dangerous to society

The weapons civilians had were the same as what the military had. So they could fight back against a tyrannical government.

Wow, some of you really are.... INSANE.

Try a mass shooting with a musket.

The meaning of regulated then was equiped. A well equiped milita. Come mierda maricone.

You're a faggot. Kill yourself.

Quit being a whiny bitch and move to the UK where knives are banned and there's never murder and it's a complete utopia

Well I was in a well regulated militia with the funding for machine guns. Why can't I get them? Since it's to stop the government from being tyrannical I should be armed the same.

This.

Ha ha. You said "think." As if these ass-hats were capable of independent thought.

Founding fathers probably would have wanted us to own heavy artillery like cannons and explosives like dynamite.

Hitting any American with a musket is a mass shooting because the energy that hit the lardmass disturbe the pendulum of the earth, thus killing a lot of Haitians with the earthquakes.

Well then where is my cannon. They were allowed to have cannons back then.

Man, what part of "Shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

kys fucking faggot

Reminder that the majority of canons used in the war of independence were owned by civilians.

The founding fathers damn well wanted Americans to own state of the art military grade weapons.

Fuck off kike

easy. just make them line up and let the 80mm handcannon do the rest.

>what are cannons
>what are armed merchant ships
While I would kill for a trebuchet, I'd still prefer to own guns.

You this printing press

This was the type of printing press the founding fathers had when the Bill of Rights was written, so that means this is the only type of press the first amendment covers

"I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers."- George Mason, Address to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 4, 1788

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States. A military force, at the command of Congress, can execute no laws, but such as the people perceive to be just and constitutional; for they will possess the power, and jealousy will instantly inspire the inclination, to resist the execution of a law which appears to them unjust and oppressive. " - Noah Webster

"no other way to preserve my own Life from his violence but by taking his, there, I have an indisputable right to do it, and should be justified in warding thro’ the blood of an whole army, if I had power to shed it" - John Adams
Sure sounds like he's talking about a high capacity rifle or cannon. Here is the actual document if you want to check that quote from John Adams founders.archives.gov/documents/Adams/06-01-02-0045-0009

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."- Thomas Jefferson

"What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."- Thomas Jefferson

youtube.com/watch?v=7jqpG9A---U

There should be no compromise with our rights, the right to bear arms is an inherent constitutional right not a privilege like driving, it's not up for a vote, but seriously watch that video the guy nails it.

You forget that the American long rifle that was predominatly used by the minutemen militias was far superior in both range and accuracy to the muskets that the British regulars were equit with. The 2nd amendment was written in order to allow civilians to fight against a professional army.
7/10 you annoyed me enough to post