These are the firearms available when the Constitution was written...

These are the firearms available when the Constitution was written. These are the weapons our forefathers intended well regulated Militias keep and bear. If you believe in a strict interpretation of the Constitution, these are the only firearms you have a right to own.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun
youtube.com/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI
1812privateers.org/United States/PRINCE/usmarq.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CquUBWHU2_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Now that the government has mini nukes, everyone gets a nuke!

That's fine, keep and bear a musket.

Sorry, but big medical won against big mortician so modern guns are allowed too.

shills out in full force today

>these are the weapons that were available to tyrants
The argument you dont realize you are making is that we need weapons equivalent to the US military.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puckle_gun
>1722

This is why Capitalism is king.
>UK 1 rifle
>France 1 rifle
>USA 4 rifles

Its just not about supply and demand, its about quality and competition.

>Not using air pressure to fire pellets
youtube.com/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI

>literally too subhumanly retarded to interpret what 2A is for.

1812privateers.org/United States/PRINCE/usmarq.html

That's a letter from Madison authorising private ownership of military grade cannons by private shipping authorized to attack enemy routes

>1840 rifled musket
we're hitting levels of retardation that shouldn't be possible

SAY THE LINE, SHILL

fire·arm
ˈfī(ə)rˌärm/
noun
noun: firearm; plural noun: firearms

a rifle, pistol, or other portable gun.

this is the printing press when the first amendment was written. time to give up those rights too, goys

Looks portable to me.

We should really talk about the Freedom of Press as well. When the laws were written, all they had was a black and white printing press. No internet, no color pictures. Nothing like that. I believe in a strict interpretation of the Freedom of press, and think they should stick to the agreed upon methods. Until new laws are written that allow for color photos and internet news, we need to stick with what we have legislation for.

Pepperbox revolver

This is the press available when the Constitution was written. This is the freedom of the press our forefathers intended with freedom of speech. If you believe in a strict interpretation of the Constitution, these are the only freedom of the press you have a right to own.

OK fine, you can have a Puckel Gun.

>Only periodicals that existed in 1787 get freedom of the press

why do leftists always have this dictatorial tone?
Nigger you don't get to tell me shit

Those were the high end of man held weapons.

If anything the American citizen should be allowed any man held weapon.

SHALL NOT is the only required argument though.

It was the best pic of revolutionary war firearms i can find. Sorry for the later model. Just keep in mind you can't own them.

Oh I forgot the part in the 2A where they said -- but only muskets. If you believe that is the interpretation quit expressing your opinions using the 1A on the internet and go make some fucking pamphlets on your printing press. Dont forget the soda ash you faggot.

Fuck right off.
The

I would take a hit from a modern rifle over a musket any day of the week.
Sauce: Stories told to me by my grandfather, whose grandfather served in the Northern Army of Virginia under Lee.
>Also, fuck the North.

If we go with OP's very literal interpretation of the 2A, the Founding Fathers wanted the civilians to have access to the same weapons as the military did. So nukes should be legal to own.

Girandoni rifle, 22 rounds in thirty seconds
Jefferson outfitted the Lewis and Clark expedition with these babies

That flintlock pistol is hella sexy

>why do leftists always have this dictatorial tone?
>Nigger you don't get to tell me shit

Not me, the founding fathers.

/thread

>youtube.com/watch?v=CquUBWHU2_s

Crowder maybe entry level, but some of his work is useful.

it says arms, not firearms. We can own mortars, warships and tanks if we goddamned want to. Get fucked communist faggot.

The Constitution is the rule book that our elected officials are supposed to follow. Not a license to make rules.
The Bill of Rights Gives you the 2nd article of of the 1st. Amendment. Which shall NOT be infringed.

kys

not my founding father. have a select fire AK and hollowpoints -- both illegal

You can have your air rifle.

Kike shill thread

Since we are strictly following our fore fathers; women and minorities have no rights, fags get killed, abortions are a sin and only white male property owners can vote. I like your line of thinking OP

It's okay to own guns your scared of?

>If you believe in a strict interpretation of the Constitution
>Argues semantics

Aren't Jews supposed to be smrat?

>The Constitution is the rule book that our elected officials are supposed to follow. Not a license to make rules.
>The Bill of Rights Gives you the 2nd article of of the 1st. Amendment. Which shall NOT be infringed.

Well said, I agree. So only muskets and flintlock pistols are legal to own. Agreed?

Im still pissed we cant even buy flashbangs.

Well in that case, the freedom of the press only protects quill and parchment or a manual printing press.

Freedom of Speech only covers 18th Century English.

Freedom of Religion only covers Protestant Christianity

Here's a better idea: fuck yourself until you die faggot

>Since we are strictly following our fore fathers; women and minorities have no rights, fags get killed, abortions are a sin and only white male property owners can vote. I like your line of thinking OP

The constitution was amended to give them rights.

what is this, Call of Duty: Archaic Warfare for the XBone??

see

Checked, sage in options field.

fuck
[fək]
VERB
fucked (past tense) · fucked (past participle)

have sexual intercourse with (someone).
(of two people) have sexual intercourse.
ruin or damage (OP).

ORIGIN
early 16th cent.: of Germanic origin (compare Swedish dialect focka and Dutch dialect fokkelen); possibly from an Indo-European root meaning ‘strike,’ shared by Latin pugnus ‘fist.’

The Constitution is a restraint on the Government, not the People

kys
(preferably with a brown bess)

Then by that logic any amendment added to the constitution after its inception, does not count. There goes the abolish of slavery, women's rights and a slew of other really cool thing. See you gun control asshole are the reason why we can't have nice things.

There were other forms of communication, other languages and other religions at the time the Constitution was ratified. Try again sonny.

Those men would have happily given up flint locks for a better gun.

go fuck yourself you faggot commi cuz we know that's what you want to do anyway.

Yeah because those are the same weapons the government had. Now the government has tanks and battleships jets and helicopters.

Obvious troll.

That said, I'll take the bait for fun. Do people seriously believe that the founding fathers were oblivious to technological innovation and the progress of humanity?
Do people think that they had no clue that weapons, especially guns, would improve and change?
You'd have to be literally retarded to not understand that technology improves over time.

Ok I'll Play.
Blacks are slaves again when?

Go get my fucking sandwich op.

>The Constitution is a restraint on the Government, not the People
The Bill of Rights addressed the rights of the people. Last time i checked, the 2nd amendment was part of the Bill of Rights.

Listen you stupid condescending prick
The founding fathers knew about guns that could shoot 22 rounds in 30 seconds, 20 in 5, be reloaded in seconds, and used by private citizens
They authorized private ownership of CANNONS for personal defense. The founding fathers believed the people should have equal or greater firepower to the government. Off is the direction into which you should fuck.

See
Just use the above source in real conversation it shuts them up real quick irl

What a fucking shit hat that is

>Bill of Rights
>Somehow a separate part of the constitution
>Somehow not amended onto the constitution

Disagree...go look up the definition of firearm..you pencilneck

why are you here advocating slavery?

Hmm you would think the founding fathers would have been smart enough to specify “muskets” seeing as they were well aware of the trajectory and advancement of weaponry at the time.

No, the right is given in a negative. E.g., you don't have the right to an arm, the government simply lacks the right to infringe on your right to own arms.

If you had a right to arms, your government would have an obligation to arm you.

So, SHALL.

>you can have a Puckel Gun.
I only want Thompson

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

>Yeah because those are the same weapons the government had. Now the government has tanks and battleships jets and helicopters
So you're saying citizens should be allowed to own nukes? Is that what you're saying?

>Just keep in mind you can't own them.
says who?

Fuck off faggot. The founding fathers new what they were doing.

>Implying that the founding fathers never thought of or were simply too dumb to ever think that weapon technology advances

Was it amended by our fore fathers?

>So you're saying citizens should be allowed to own nukes?
you don't own any nukes? what are you queer?

seriously do you know how many smoke detectors you need to build a dirty bomb?

Saved the link, very useful. But I am doubtful that it would be useful on someone dull enough to make this argument in the first place.

You're a liar and a tyrant.
The founding fathers meant for the people to have power over their government and not the other way around. They recognized that militias formed out of the citizenry would keep government tyranny at bay. A standing army was never to have been created in this country, and all citizens have a right to be armed in the same fashion the government arms its soldiers.
Sic temper tyrannis.

No the constitution said the right to bear arms.
Period. Not the arms of the time.
I know liberals like to rewrite everything to suite themselves but no that's not working.
Those weapons you showed, were used by the militaries of the time. They expected the people to be equally armed.
To protect against government tyranny, which is what they were doing precisely at the time.
Therefore we need comparable arms today.
And we have them.
As we should.

Never heard of the "Puckle Gun", have you?

NO MORE NEWS ON THE INTERNET IT DIDNT EXIST IN THE18TH CENTURY

I think you're confused about the definition of the word "arms". You're fucking daft if you think Jefferson wouldn't have busted a nut over an AR-15, or a Barrett .50 cal.

these are the mediums our founding fathers were referring to when they wrote the first amendment.

if you're using any high tech shenanigans to post your squid girl hentai Literotica and Nazi fanfiction, you obviously lack understanding and respect for the first amendment.

You will inherit the misfortune of you wicked and dubious ways. All you trickery and wickedness will drown you in a sea of despair.

13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Abolition of Slavery (1865) Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction

...Some types of people actually think these changes would be a good thing and are currently pushing for them.

13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution: Abolition of Slavery (1865) Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction

This is HMS Victory, a 104-gun ship of the line. She has a broadside of 1148 pounds, meaning that firing all her guns would result in half a ton of metal shot crashing through whatever was in the way. When your constitution was written, it was legal to privately own a ship of the line and use her in battle.

Lmao this. The 2nd amendment was written when guns were just as, if not more, deadly than they are today when put into context with the equivalent medical science of the time.

If you were shot back then, you were fucked, and the FF knew that.

Ok, only use this as a means of communication since it was the only tool of the press when the constitution was written.

>>you can have a Puckel Gun.
>I only want Thompson
Nope, only a Puckel gun

Yeah, because they had to specifically list every possible future weapon that could ever be invented in order for it to be covered? Thats as ridiculous as saying "well ackshuwally, when the constitution was written, only print media existed, therefore your 1st amendment rights don't apply on the internet or any other electronic medium. No rights do, not on a website, on a phone, text message....nothing electronic at all. IN FACT, since the founding fathers had no idea cars would eventually be invented... The 4th amendment shouldn't apply to them either. Cops should be able to pull you over and just search right through your shit for no reason whatsoever any time they please." Since they didn't specifically mention all of these future inventions BY NAME, they aren't covered.

That's a bear skin mate at least it's not a raccoons arse

>>Just keep in mind you can't own them.
>says who?
Founding fathers.

The Constitution didn't mention model numbers.

Excellent point. Excellent.
You're right. Guns were more deadly at the time being they killed more often due to lack of medical science.