Scientists just discovered immortality

Good news!
Even better news, it's cheap and available to everyone.

But now what? The planet doesn't have infinite space. If someone wants to be born, someone else has to die. Unless we crowd the entire planet with buildings to the point it's an unrecognizable urban anthill, and even then we'll eventually run out of space.

Should we pass laws on lifespan? Should it be whoever can pay the most?
Should there be some kind of Hunger Games-style battle royale to determine who gets to live?

Nobody wants to die, but if you live forever you're preventing others from being born. Where is the morality in that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_Kt7883oTd0?t=2m52s
youtube.com/watch?v=0UgiJPnwtQU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You send them to mars

Immortality serum forces sterility

What the fuck is that? It's no Angel I recognize.

Some people shouldn't be alive let alone immortal.

so how do we decide who lives and who dies?

There needs to be some kind of test, clearly

Easy, only give the serum to white people.

Just let me sip it, and after couple thousand years, i will tell you if it's worth it.

Kill nogs, chinese and mudslimes.

Problem solved.

Jews and shitskins die, it's simple really

ok, but after 200 years when the world is only white, now how do you decide?

nice bait, nigger. fuck off

Disabilities, and Competitve Gene selection.

Let the most stupid person live superlong, see if he gets smarter in time. maybe after a couple thousand years he has a university degree. Lol cant wait to sip desu.

The only way we can go is to the stars.

Isn't this in the Bible? End times, people will want to die but won't be able to. No thanks.

What happens when you run out of those people?
Are you just going to gradually kill off everyone that doesn't meet the ubermensch ideal?

eventually you'll be selecting people based on the shape of their eyes and their hair follicle distribution

You're missing the point. If we've advanced humanity beyond jews and shitskins AND we have competitive gene selection, the universe will be our oyster. Not to mention immortality sort of opens space up quite a bit (even if the trips are going to be very long).

first come, first served
the weak should fear the strong
>its china (fug :D)

So basically, you'll hope that tech advances far enough to send people to other star systems.

Go read Lord of Light.

If you want immortality, you must lose your ability to further reproduce

Hope? It will, guaranteed. Global white ethno-planet? We will be unstoppable.

that doesn't solve the problem. You're still warehousing a bunch of bodies, who are taking up space for everyone else

Imagine if people from the 1800's were still alive today, the world would never have progressed

>implying the Jews won't be the ones hoarding the immortality serum.
Sorry, user. You only get to have the hard coated 80 just like the darkies.

>But now what? The planet doesn't have infinite space.
If life extension actually took off, I suspect that the majority of people wouldn't take it. Look at how unpopular cryonics is, for instance.

>Should we pass laws on lifespan?
Just have population control.

>Are you just going to gradually kill off everyone that doesn't meet the ubermensch ideal?
They could probably just edit themselves into the Ubermensch ideal anyway.

>
>when OP's literally this retarded

>using traditional sculpture
>to signify transhumanism
I think your sculpture should look more like pic related

Every person could fit in Australia right now if they lived under the high density infrastructure as Hong Kong. All the continents could easily accomodate 100 billion people. The issue is food.

>the universe will be our oyster. Not to mention immortality sort of opens space up quite a bit (even if the trips are going to be very long).
Total lack of scarcity is impossible.

youtu.be/_Kt7883oTd0?t=2m52s

ok, so 1 billion people choose immortality, leaving 6 billion breeders.
>total immortals: 1 billion
In the next 100 years, another 900 million people choose immortality, leaving 5.1 billion breeders
>total immortals: 1.9 billion
In the next 100 years, another 800 million people choose immortality, leaving 4.3 billion breeders
>total immortals 2.7 billion
etc...

Immortals are still crowding out people from being born, it doesn't eliminate your problem.

>Mathematically impossible
>There are creatures RIGHT NOW that live for thousands of years

The obvious solution is to genocide breeders

ok, but you still have the same problem. The next generation is being prevented from being born

Also each successive generation of breeders would probably result in fewer and fewer people choosing immortality, due to the boiling-off effect. Google the Amish Quotient to see what I mean.

space travel you fucking brainlet

>The next generation is being prevented from being born
So?

See

ahaha so cute, anime girls will never die.

so it means your species is functionally dead.
Imagine if people from the 1500's were still alive, you'd never have been born.

Because you selfishly cling to your own worn out bones, you are preventing the evolution of your own species

>millennials killed the human species

>Thousands of years is greater than or equal to infinity

That wouldnt work whats stopping me from having my kids than drinking the serum afterwards. Even with immortality people would still die by accidents so it wouldnt be hard to create a system of replacement

so? why would I feel bad about a faggot not being born and immortal?

>so it means your species is functionally dead
Are you retarded? It isn't a dichotomy between absolutely zero people being born and lots of people being born. It will probably always be possible to produce at least a small number of children via artificial wombs or something, should the need arise.

>you are preventing the evolution of your own species
That's what transhumanism is for

because ideally the people in charge of this situation would be forward thinking enough not to take the selfish route
you are exactly the kind that needs to be prevented from getting their way

>six wings
>serpent's face
>horns
Looks like a Seraph to me. An evil one, too.

Here's an idea, how about we conquer the galaxy?

free market

Its called space dumb nigger

>That's what transhumanism is for
when you talk about transhumanism, you are taking all the limiters off

there is no longer to even produce people in the shape of humans anymore. They could look like dolphins, they could look like intelligent bat-creatures...or some horror-movie abomination.

This would be the end of all life as you know it

>six wings
american education

you'll have to unify with korea first.

Absolutely this. Immortal whites would be the best thing the universe has seen.

Immortality is the evolution. You’re the perfectly adapted organism at that point

Space travel becomes a plausibility as the average human life span is no longer a factor.

We can worry about the ever increasing population later once we have fully colonized the galaxy and possibly other parts of the universe

the price of cheating time erases any children you've ever had or things you've ever created, and slowly erases even your memories

There's a reason the elites eat children.

>be immortal
>contract arthritis

fuck i saved this pic because it looked like a hooded guy with a galaxy face but i forgot it was just the top of a balding man's head

shit

Or we can just expand into the stars like the cancer we were always destined to be. Hell we can become the gods.

Unify humanity and promote speciesism when dealing with other organisms

>there is no longer to even produce people in the shape of humans anymore. They could look like dolphins, they could look like intelligent bat-creatures...or some horror-movie abomination.
>This would be the end of all life as you know it
So?

But how is preventing someone from being born worse than preventing someone from becoming immortal?

Someone should make the virgin immortal, and the Chad Mortal meme

Death is the true enemy. Defeat it, and ally time. This is the goal to which the species should evolve.

>implying it isn't the other way around

well our goal should be to preserve our species, and the natural evolution of our societies in an organic way.

Because the other result would be abominable.
You hate trannies right? This is that times a million

What the fuck is progress exactly?
Define progress
Why is your definition of progress necessary for humanity as opposed to what you define as non-progress?

The notion that progress justifies itself is nothing more than an appeal to novelty.

Give me it PLEASE

because you've lived your time, time to pass the torch

So literally your entire argument is >muh feefees

You still wouldn't be preventing any less life.

>Nobody wants to die, but if you live forever you're preventing others from being born. Where is the morality in that?

You've got to be kidding. Why do other people need to be born?

Immortality would be very beneficial for space colonization. You wouldn't need to worry about maintaining X generations over a 10,000 year voyage for instance if all passengers were immortal.

Ensuring survival of humanity means colonizing the stars and you already have shown your ideals to be in conflict with that.

youtube.com/watch?v=0UgiJPnwtQU

in this sphere there is no other argument.

The only objective measure you could say would be, which society would win in a war. And in this case it would be the most inhuman as possible. Whoever builds a brain with the highest IQ level will win. Vast robotic, biological armies of mass produced minions.

If you want to preserve humanity in it's natural form (which all life seeks to do), you need to reject this

>only one solution
>0 Child Policy
>mfw I'm in the last batch of people ever to exist

>If someone wants to be born, someone else has to die.
The ones who would survive would be the smartest most adept at outwitting others. So, probably the jews.

Humans have already been doing that for centuries user....

>If you want to preserve humanity in it's natural form (which all life seeks to do), you need to reject this
So you want evolution to stop entirely?

yes and it's been horrible. You are taking the raw material of humanity and molding it into a vast economic/military machine.

this is the destruction of traditional cultures, and a great homogenizing of peoples

>That's why there is a universe to colonize.

>implying thousands of years wouldn't be enough for anyone anyway
>implying some limp-wristed faggot knows what will be "mathematically possible" in a few decades, much less thousands of years
NECK

no, to happen in an organic way, the way it has been for millenia. Just to continue the same process

Easy. Just stop having babbies and only allow babies when someone dies. The only reason we have babies is to continue on our genes and replace the dying population. When we don't die, whats the point of that?

lul

How do you define "organic"?

Fuck, LMFAO, that's actually a good idea. XD If you want immortality, then you have to agree to never reproduce. But just in case you do die, then have sperm frozen.

7.5 Billion on the planet, and you think they'd let the Goys have Immortality?

Heehheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheehehheeheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheeh

>iq test
>below 100, gas
>above 100, sterilize
>150+, don't sterilize
>global population: 3.5 billion hyper-intelligent immortals

If my conscienceness can be uploaded into a computer and my physical body dies. I'm okay with it.

Elves. That's what conservatives are going to be a few centuries from now. You're all going to be refined, perfect, idealized embodiments of human potential, because you're going to preserve and expand yourselves that way against a tide of more diverse changes. You'll be the last ones to look like humans, but you'll be more beautiful than any living.

The entire human race could fit inside Los Angeles. As superbeings we could figure it out.

Google the Moravec Transfer

oh, and gas everyone that isn't aryan right off the bat so the remaining people can be homogenous (friendly) and have the objectively most beautiful women

>The planet doesn't have infinite space. If someone wants to be born, someone else has to die.

>The planet doesn't have infinite space.

The planet is located in a universe of infinite space

Send them off world use the 400 year old scientist that were able to spend their entire life making breakthroughs to make it happen.

millions of skilled workers that never die and will remain in the work force

You are completely retarded OP

You do realize we require food, right?

Anything that is Earthly and has a beginning, has an end too. Only Christ is immortal, as he is the Son of God, and his saints, who struggled their path to Heaven. You can be a saint too, but only if you follow him.

>iq test

Bunch of people comparing their IQ test making terrible excuses as to why they never did anything with their life

gas/0 try again