Transhumanism - Eugenics 2.0 Arrives - MIT TECH

A new USA startup is beginning to offer Gattaca level embryo screening. genomicprediction.com/epgt/

technologyreview.com/s/609204/eugenics-20-were-at-the-dawn-of-choosing-embryos-by-health-height-and-more/

Now parents can begin screening for complex traits like height, happiness, compliance, extroversion, and other important indicators of success. This expensive process will help give children the necessary tools to out compete the rest of society.

Other urls found in this thread:

genomicprediction.com/epgt/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's the real red pill. Inevitably technology will make alot of the trivial bullshit we squabble over irrelevant.

Said man at every point throughout history.

And it's starting to come to fruition. Do you see technology slowing down anytime soon?

dumb arinposter

Yes because we will be dead or genetically compliant slaves

One step closer to the dream

>Start "genetics" company
>Get parents to spit in a cup
>Toss cup away and make up fake RPG statistics for the child
>Offer to upsell for pointless treatments
>Child comes out normal and parents brag that they have a superchild
It's basically a way for rich people to feel validated that their spawn is better than the common filth

Yeah, everyone will be a 10/10 white/hapa/asian and no more brown or darker. The world will finally know paradise.

WE BE GETTING CLOSER TO GENETICALLY CREATING CATGIRLS FOR DOMESTIC OWNERSHIP!

You think the fat hogs in the gender studies department would stand for that? they'd demand equality and 1 in 2 children would be born niggers because of 'diversity quotas'

We will get something close. The average American parent when given a bunch of traits, hardly ever chose wanting higher IQ.

It was almost entirely extroversion and agreeableness. So parents are going to naturally create ideal children for their purposes as a parent. Meaning similar personality to a dog. It will be interesting to see if parents want different traits in a female child versus a male child. I could see it actually making females more docile and like dumb animals than they are already.

Modern medicine can't even remove my acne scars (I've paid thousands of dollars so far and have tried all lasers, lights, dermabrasion, peels and it barely made a dent) and this comes out? No. Bullshit. Not even close.

I mean, as it stands 1 in 2 children being niggers is better than the current ratio so it's a step in the right direction

I mean i was completely fucking around but you've turned my bullshit into an interesting observation.

You made me think lad. Fuck.

There's a place where everyone can be happy, it's the most beautiful place in the whole fucking world, it's made of candy canes and bright red Choo Choo trains and the meanest little boys and the most innocent little girls

This cunt brings up a good point. Once we can control the skin color and gender of the person being born before insemination even takes place, will and should diversity quotas be introduced? We could end up with an overwhelming percentage of the population being homogenous. What if not enough women aren't being born, like in China? What if genetic diversity is stamped out and a bad flu kills a significant amount of the population because everyone has been bioengineered with the same genes?

i love gooks

THATS IT TIME FOR GENOCIDE RHODES IM COMING HGNGN IM GETTING MY FUCKING CATGIRLS AND NO NIGGER IS GOING TO STOP ME HEIL HITLER MOTHERFUJCJER 1488

Im Sure we'll fix it after some super flu did its course

Yes actually

Holy Fuck, Yes! I can make better clones of myself and grow them in plastic baggies!

>He believes this
No one who plans their kids wants them to be stupid even black people like to brag about how smart they were before they started skipping class.

I'm all for it, where do I donate to the cause?

Worth it to have a beautiful iberian world

HAPAS WITHOUT MENTAL ILLNESS INCOMING

This is relatively simple though. IVF already exists. You just take some cells from the embryo and test the genetics.

It's not exactly a big medical advancement in that sense.

It's going to be rich people only. The top 1%. Rest of 99% will still be diverse and living in increasing squalor. Don't worry.

They already raised money in Silicon valley.

>embryo screening for genetic disorders
>GATTACA LOL FUTURE IS HERE BEHAVIORAL EUGENICS HERE I COME
We're not anywhere near anything amazing. The embryo with a genetic disorder will likely have no kids anyway, especially if it's white so this isn't changing anything in terms of human evolution or racial struggle.

Sup Forums screens out lukewarm posts. The gattaca comment is a survival mechanism for the thread.

>The average American parent when given a bunch of traits, hardly ever chose wanting higher IQ
Source on this?

A study published in the journal Personality And Individual Differences asked mothers to choose the quality they would want most for their child; extraversion, conscientiousness, neuroticism, agreeableness, and openness to experience. The study found that out of the 142 mothers who took part in the survey, 51% rated having a child that is an extravert as the most desirable characteristic. Just 10% rated intelligence as the top quality they want for their child. Conscientiousness was even less valued than intelligence, with just nine per cent of mothers citing this as the number one trait and agreeableness only grabbed a fifth of the mothers vote.

Even researchers were surprised by the results. "Given that higher levels of intelligence and conscientiousness are both linked to positive life outcomes such as success at school, at work, and in relationships, it's surprising that only one in 10 mothers valued them as the most important characteristics for their child," said lead researcher Dr Sophie von Stumm. "While extroversion can have many benefits it is also associated with negative behaviors in adulthood, such as higher alcohol consumption and illegal drug use."

How do studies like this one help parents? Dr Sophie von Stumm says it helps researchers and parents better understand nurture over nature, "Understanding how mothers view personality is vital as their values influence their parenting and, through this, how their child's personality traits develop." Researchers said they would like to see if these mothers would answer differently as the child grows and matures.

>choosing-embryos-by-height
This kills the manlets. I guess soon the average wealthy kids will be 6 foot 5 while the poor ones are 5 foot 5.

This is not new. There is a 1200 single gene disorder test available in Emu-land

No

Holocaust 2.0 arrives kike

genomicprediction.com/epgt/
polygenic testing

good we should be getting rid of the ugly people and stupid people. they only hinder our progression as a race

Women are the most responsible teenager in the house, proven once again and will continue to be proven.

This is beautiful. Faggots and homosex will be the first to be screened and eliminated.

I want a nice big tittied chinese sexbot for those cold winter nights. Make it so!

Christian Transhumanism should be the moral guiding point for all human enhancement.

stupid leaf. technology development by the elites is not slowing down, the rest of civilization is getting it from a slow drip. but tech has increased near exponentially over the last century or so, there is no reason to assume it will stop.

I like it.

You forgot skin color.
100% non-white parents will ask for the palest possible skintone within their ethnic make-up.
Most Westernized features too.

Everyone knows deep down The Asian Century isn't going to happen.
Whites are re-ascendant and will be interstellar by 2200, once we shake off all the dead wood races.

>society values social connections above all else
>why do parents want their kids to be social?