A part of me died today

a part of me died today.

context: i'm an older millennial. (not quite a neet, but close enough)

i was leaving for work this morning and while i was making my way out, i noticed my father had the cordless phone up to his head.

dad: "i've been having a hell of a time with these people. do you know your mother's password?"

(my father sired me when he was 45, btw)

dad: "she usually leaves them on post-it notes but i can't find it."

me: "no. who are you on the phone with?"

dad: "microsoft."

me: ?

dad: "i'm trying to log onto my facebook account."

me: "who are you talking to?"

dad: "with microsoft."

i walk behind him and see the mouse cursor moving on the screen, typing in a captcha on a google account.

me: "they called you? how did you find the number?"

dad: "it came up on google."

i grab the phone.

me: "you're with microsoft?"

[pause]

indian guy on the other end: "no"

me: "who are you with?"

[pause]

indian guy: "we are helping with the email!"

i hung up and hard reset the computer as fast as i could.

me: "that wasn't microsoft. i asked who they were with and they wouldn't identify themselves."

dad: "..."

dad: "okay. but i found the number on google."

me: "no, that's not who they were. it's fine, just leave the computer off until i get back."

dad: "okay, but is my email okay?"

me: "it's fine, just leave the computer off."

i went to work; i came back. i examined the computer.

all our passwords had been extracted from firefox - helpfully catalogued in an xml file left on the desktop. i must have walked out right in the middle of the act.

the moment i walked in my dad was joking about the incident. "your inheritance is gone!" me: "oh no!"

i walked by my mother and she gave me a wide eyed look conveying something like: "oh my fucking god."

i didn't manage to make eye contact here, but if she read me correctly, what i was saying was:

"he's gone."

i'm writing this after a 12-pack so please forgive any incoherence

shameless bump

I didn't quite grasp the meaning of the last line.

This is why I am always without fail insufferably rude to every single indian I ever meet

Cunts

Nuke your computer, shave your head and get a swastika tattooed on you chest

What's gone?

You're dad has Alzheimer's. sad

sorry to hear that your pop's gone senile bro.
have a bump for your troubles

does he have dementia or something? my gram has it bad, it's certainly sad but she became a little kid again mentally so she's having a lot of fun. it could be worse.

It baffles me that these people never stopped to think what it could mean for Indians if they train Westerners to think of them as con men.

this is most dads and a computer

>i walked by my mother and she gave me a wide eyed look conveying something like: "oh my fucking god."

>i didn't manage to make eye contact here, but if she read me correctly, what i was saying was:

>"he's gone."

What the fuck did you mean by this I have been following the story until those lines!?

I have good fun with them..act like a dumbass until they get you to the remote computer part then let talk shit about their mom and how they shit in the street

He has dementia.

My dad had a stroke recently. He survived but it affected his brain. I feel for you bro.

Dude your parents almost lost their retirement to poos.....your a good egg user. Maybe you and your mom need to have a disscussion and hide the wifi password from your father

>trying to get facebook password from microsoft

>older millenial still living with parents? How old >are you bro? 40?

But also do not forget our parents are from the computer retarded gemeration

First of all. You still live with your parents. Your the piece of shit, not your father.

Second it's called "getting old". And watching your parents get old and do dumb shit is a part of adulthood and normal life, whether you like it or not Peter Pan.

t. Older millenial with a wife, house, 2 kids and 12 year engineering career

Mods leave these fucking slide threads up while deleting real threads with political content.
No wonder we only go here to shitpost now

Sorry you almost got scammed bruh there's sharks out there, I'm sure an internet-fu for dummies class to help protect tards is in high demand

You have twelve year engineering career?
I'm going to buy my next two soon. I can never get enough year engineering career.

You hung up? Just like that? Incompetent jackass your father's brain committed suicide out of shame.

Indians do the jobs white Americans won't, like scam baby boomers out of their banking information.

Dunno what the fuck did I just read

SO SAYETH THE COMPLETE MORON!

IGNORANT THE GREAT HAS SPOKEN!

k e k

hol up - when you dragging the oldies off to the elephant graveyard just for being retarded with computers? better leave plenty room for the next few generations as well, most of whom are simply retarded, full stop. Their only saving grace to date being, they haven't had any savings worth conning them out of.

Is your money safe bro?

You dad sounds like a good man. Fuck the modern world.

Welcome to the 21st century: I have been recieving calls from a Russian speaking man about some kind of inheritance abroad before, asking for my bank data. Both times I pretended to not understand Russian, and he couldn't even speak English properly. I managed to track his phone number to the Netherlands. This is the world we live in - scammers everywhere, they are the modern day pirates in some ways.

Op`s father RIP.

Also you better dedicate your life to fucking over poos.

I suggest you start putting togheter a dossier on those pooniggers. Find out exactly where that call center was.

Getting assasins in India is not hard. You will find contacts for that work easily.

Fuck them over! Make sure you plan something so devious the cunts think twice before fucking over westerns.

Post the number! They will not live long enough to make use of those passwords.

you should be using Netscape Navigator.

But, who was phone?

lol they hustled my mom for a "lifetime membership"

she paid like $500 dollars for nothing, and her computer was still slow and stupid so I just switched her OS over to ubuntu and she's been happy ever since

the fucking indians still call tho

>i must have walked out right in the middle of the act.
What do you mean?

mell i sent this african prince money n hes gonna send me a million when he recaptures his throne.

Everyone should have a v.quick mental competency test every week, if you fail it 4 times in a row you're euthanised. It's definitely for the best.

Installing Ubuntu and not giving your parents password to manage packages and to access system configuration is the best thing you can do to keep their computer safe.

You're an edgy prick for judging OP. The guy made an honest and open post, probably a guy who never posts but browses here.

Being a cunt 24/7 doesn't make you a man.

Fair play to OP, shit must be hard to see his dad heading that way.

>i walked by my mother and she gave me a wide eyed look conveying something like: "oh my fucking god."
>i didn't manage to make eye contact here, but if she read me correctly, what i was saying was:
>"he's gone."
What the fuck did he mean by this?

(((Ubuntu)))
...do you ever wonder why a South African company is offering this OS?

That OP's dad is crazy. OP is barely understandable to those who speak English...he's surely a nigger.

who is going to enforce this...?

sorry to hear about your dad. speak with your mother about setting up a trust to keep the eternal poo away from your money.

and stop drinking your life and money away like a nigger.

OPs having PawOP reprocessed into catfood because Poo MS scammers. second he sobers up, that is.

I don't care. I'm not using it myself and it's idiot proof so as long as it's not stealing my parents credit card number I'm okay with it.

these fucking scamming, curry munching faggots call my house every week. i want every last one of them dead and rotting in the ganges.

Perhaps you should approach your father?
Over how many years has this been occurring?
Originally, when was your father's first sign of Alzheimer's?

Letting the doctors help you might make it easier, don't you think?
Overall, would you say he's still rather sharp?
Orangutans are a proper feasting element, no?

Society, whatever your preferred configuration.

I took it as "his mind is gone"

this

>old man is bad with computers
>makes a bad joke
>now considered insane

Tell them that you will put a curse on them next time they call

>supporting Jews to help retarded family
Remember that the latter is caused by the former.

>But also do not forget our parents are from the computer retarded gemeration
Fuck you I'm 43 and have worked in hardware and networking for over 20 years faggot. Sometimes I keep the poos on the phone and act like I"m having issues booting up the pc. After about 15 to 20 mins of failed attempts I tell him that my mint linux is finally up on my 386. Now what do you want me to press again?

Still living with parents so what motherfucker, some people actually like their parents, some parents actually like their kids.
The "move away from your parents" meme is relatively new and another family destroying strategy created by the usual suspects. Only 2 or 3 generations ago it was perfectly normal for several generations of a family to live together.

Stop being a cunt

this.
moral, hang up on Poos and never joke with millennials. especially not about their rightfully overdue 'inheritance'

This is the only reply that should be here. I hate all you faggots. Sage this shit

Oh...
Sorry for your father OP It's good that it seems you had a good relationship with him though.

I get these calls on my 800 line all the time. I bantz them in the streetshitting meme.

>never joke with millennials. especially not about their rightfully overdue inheritance
Ain't that the truth. I'm insane for not dying at my peak and leaving them my monies. Ungrateful fgts.

So am I upposed to teach my parents how to use Arch?

>Mods leave these fucking slide threads up while deleting real threads
DESU I think mods are simply meeting market demand.

Pol is now a shitposting board, discuss politics somewhere else.

everyone in asia lives with their parents whilensupporting them. They bring theirwives with them which can cause tense relations btwn ur family and her but its pretty comfy otherwise

>Tell them that you will put a curse on them next time they call

one time after leading them on for a bit i started asking "you guys believe in karma dont you? how is scamming people over the phone effecting your karma?" and the poo got very flustered and then i hung up on them.

>So am I upposed to teach my parents how to use Arch?
If you don't Arch your comp, then you'll be arching your back- either for (((Microsoft))) or commuBuntu.

Nu pol pls

>If you don't Arch your comp
>your
It's not my computer ffs

>They see that we tolerate Jews
>They see we don't have the stomach for killing 6,000,000
>They figure that since they number 1,200,000,000 they can do whatever they want

>12 year engineering career
What does a penis taste like, asking for a friend.

>"he's gone."
And what? What the fuck do.you mean by this? I had the x files theme song play in my head after that line as if it was some mysterious revelation no one could explain. Speak fucking English you drunk fuck.

I am way older than 43, why are people answering a phone anyway? I cancelled the landline and do not answer my cell unless I know who is calling. Caller ID it's a good thing.
Also, I have had a pc in my house since1989.
Lots of old fucks are dumbshits, but not all of us are.

NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS LEAVE RIGHT NOW

WHY DO YOU POST ON AN ENGLISH SPEAKING BOARD IF YOU CAN'T COMPREHEND BASIC ENGLISH FIGURES OF SPEECH?

STOP DUMBING DOWN OUR FORUMS WITH YOUR SHIT FOR BRAINS INABILITY TO UNDERSTAND OUR LANGUAGE BEYOND A THIRD GRADE LEVEL

Just because your dad doesn't know how to use a PC doesn't mean he's gone, drama queen. If those phone guys had their entire hacking business model rely on randomly dialing people with Alzheimer's it wouldn't be a very good business would it. Here's when you know they are actually gone: when they don't understand words. My mom forgot what a spider was recently, I literally had to explain the entire concept of a spider to her and she treated it as a piece of curious news.

>T. Entitled Faggot

Was anyone else reminded of the underwater weighing test while reading this

What is?

>It's not my computer ffs
>I won't be assraped, it will be someone else.

Could be. Only 3 posts that were all bumps this was probably a troll post.

I left when I was eighteen because I didn't want my parents to think I was a some disgusting neet fuck with no life like my cousin. I now have a masters degree and earn pretty sweet money doing [spoiler]cyber security[/spoiler] for a london based company. Doesn't matter if you like your parents, you should go to university and get a relevant degree in a market that will not only provide you with help and training. All the brainlets who say you should just get a trade and drop univeristy because of feminists and wymen are retards because those cunts don't affect you life when you are earning triple what they are.

what are you talking about, anyway?

what's wrong with ubuntu?

>assraped
now you are being over dramatic

This is a fairly common scam.

These Indians sit with a list of tel numbers and pretty much just phone everyone on the list.

The normally claim to be from "Microsoft" or "Windoews" (yes, you read that correctly). The reason is always about some sort of malware infection that they've detected and they need remote access to your 'puter to fix it.

It's a con (obviously), but a lotta peeps fall for it.

I've had quite a few of these calls over the last few years. Depending on my mood, I might play along just to waste the fucker's time or simply threaten to kill him and his family.

>obeys commie organization, being told they get something for free
>assraping is worse than gulag

Nice blog post
Great reddit spacing
Now fuck off, you worthless cunt. This isn't related to politics and no one cares. Take your shit to a place where you can get upvotes for your shitty story.

my grandfather had alzheimers and id pick him up and take him out and have a nice lunch but when dropping him back home he would say "so would you like to go out for some lunch or something" completely forgetting what we just did for the last two hours. if you tried to explain we'd just been for lunch he wouldnt believe it or understand it. ive got a few genes that make it more likely i get alzheimers. i hope i die before it ever happens to me.

Yes, I meant "Windows" and not "Windoews".

Have you seen Still Alice?

hol up
I had some russians call me twice in the previous year, one was very recently.
Good thing I actually dont understand russian, so the first time they bambled something in english until i hanged up.
Second time I told them i dont speak russian and they just "blyat..." and hanged up on me.

>some one says my father has gone insane
>describes the moment he realizes he'll never talk to his dad again, just a mind that loses grip on reality
>hue, you live with your parents. Loser, etc.
>I hope your children do not express any of your genes and that material stays dormant forever in the gene pool

>Have you seen Still Alice?

nope. never heard of it. any good?

>t. narcissist

What you don't realise is that you're the nu-pol side in this scenario

b l y a t

l

y

a

t

It's about a woman who realises she has early onset dementia. Pretty gut wrenching to watch. Your comment reminded me of how she planned to top herself if it got too bad.

Engineers are scum of the earth.
KYS.

I was having a hard time trying to pronounce something that you emphasised I was reading correctly.
I'm going to have a hard time forgiving you, user.

ok. thanks for the recommendation. might give it a watch for some alzheimer feels.