Drawthread - Sup Forums edition

Useful links mega.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA

Keep it Sup Forums related to avoid getting it deleted

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/drawthread/type/op/filter/text/page/11/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wew, i was just bout to submit new thread, thanks pizza
/r/ing for more Rachel

The thread didn't reach post count, it was 183 posts in you can check the archives. What other boards can anons draw Sup Forums related memes without deletion because I can't think of one.

We'll always be at the mercy of mods, not much we can do, just attract large enough anons to keep us going
I'll try do some more pics, last thread was ending up much more like an infographic giving janitors an excuse to scrub

I don't know, /ic/ maybe but I don't browse that board so I'm not sure, I can draw Rachel in more or less 4 hours from now

Reposting stuff for now

How about Sup Forums?

Something I drew a while ago, will maybe post some line art.

Never browsed Sup Forums don't know what goes on over there

Very nice, what software?

Fair, that was my fault to encourage you to tutorial dump but something tells me this will go the same way for not being "politics".
/ic/ is a good place and they bully people hard, but they got a system as well and get really annoyed when people are messing with that. That said Sup Forums has a reputation of being despised on most boards so who knows if it will last long, if at all.
I would rather go try literally any other drawing board before Sup Forums, I'm biased but if there's a consensus to go there I won't fight it.

It's cause of that ex-pat autist that shits up the threads just like last year

Maldraw?

Best not to say the name

quicksketchs bumping
I've stuck around in /ic/ for awhile, place really shouldn't be taken too seriously, too many salty cunts and crabs
Place is great for resource gathering and there are alot of talented folks to keep an eye so its fun most of the time.

Photoshop, maybe 2012 version.

>Never browsed Sup Forums
how about reddit?

Gib patreon account pls

Only t_d

You can start a drawthread on t_d, go try that.

Can some drawfag make some winter ball stuff?

Shhhhh.. don't mention it. Mods are in full no fun mode

If only mods wouldn't delete the threads

Fucking hotpockets. They don't even know we have the ball every single year

heres some moar shit

>10 years
>no improvement
I'm shit too but damn even I know to kill the pride.
I never used reddit, went there once to see what the big fuss was about, never understood their forums and never bothered to use it at all. Last thing we need is to bridge people from reddit to mess up Sup Forums board culture more like what happened to Sup Forums.
I'll take your word for it.

Bumperino

10 years of "practice" means jack shit if it's not well directed or done in an organized manner. You can make a huge progress in a single year if that practice is thought out, referenced, studied from sources and the right teachers.

aussie net shitting out on my laptop, so I'll just post this for now.
been neglecting pol tan too much.
post req and i might get around to em

Agree, I do like one drawing per year MAX so I don't show any noticeable progress, I don't care that much as I have other hobbies. Still it's fun to participate in these threads

Here we go, finally doing some pol tan

>Right teachers
pls gib
I want to git gud

Are you shitting on Maldraw because he told you to go stick a cactus up your mother's ass once or because youre born deluded?
His stuff is beyond decent even for Sup Forums standards.

>Fell for the drawing meme
I was happy once, I had fun once.

>always at the mercy of mods
They actively try to shit up Sup Forums. You should see the shit they did to Sup Forums. Not to mention listing /qa/ and that fucking honk sticky as a distraction.

I don't disagree, you are very correct. I had a buddy who went from doing weird roughs of anime girls to full on digital painting of real women features in 2 years and I'm really proud of him. The reason I mention the years is because at some point one should compare their progress and consider if they're doing the right thing or stagnant. Nobody likes criticism but it's necessary, I did fall for the lazy meme so god knows where I stand on this "git gud" spectrum.
t. art student.

Pick your favorite artists, preferably high brow and skilled.
Get a feeling of what you like and where you want to get.
Join your local art workshop where they teach anatomy, perspective, painting, etc. Has to be of classical leaning, no modern abstract bullshit.
Practice, A LOT.

its probably because m-lay mike is an insufferable cunt. you unsufferable cunt

I do wonder if gore posting ever did drive away redditors.
Seemed like something that would have worked

It scares neogaffers IIRC, for being people who constantly advocate violence they sure collapse on theirselves when fronted with actual blood

There was a small "scandal" in the Italian comic community few weeks ago because it was discovered that an upcoming artist traced all his drawings...from watermarked ShuttershocK photos

KILL PAKIS!

just like serial tracer drawfag the beepoof?

Yeah sure, I'll kiss his toes after he derails the draw thread and throws himself around as the most important anonymous user while everyone just wanted to have fun and nice "hurr you don't know good durr". Look as I mentioned before about my buddy who went from roughs to digital painting in two years, here's a current project he's working on, this is what I'm surrounded by on a daily basis, these people are my colleagues and they don't act ANY as rude as him.

reminds me of the paints done Kim noble

errie stuff, gj user

>That subtle hint of a smile on the male figure's face
Legit nightmare fuel

Sup Forums drawthreads are his thing. Before he started making them in mid 2015 there were no such thing on Sup Forums. He was kind to everyone until reddit trump niggers came and started shitposting his threads so he had to tell them to go fucking hang themselves.
That's why he got pledgers on his patreon, those are his old drawthread buddies that came to Sup Forums way before these trump niggers turned this place to reddit.

He's rude because you trump niggers are rude to him first. I never see you start a conversation with him with kindness. Its always peak autists sperging at him on sight.

>there were no draw threads on Sup Forums before 2015
nice revisionism there, newfag Mike

talentless, tracefagging, useless butthurt lolcow

archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/text/drawthread/type/op/filter/text/page/11/
you need to fuck back to t_d or /ptg/ real bad trump nigger

I dunno kangaroo fuckers like to project.

I think he has a very sophomoric understanding of art and anatomy which is why it stands out so much. He learned from tracing and by vaguely understanding. So he has maybe some technical skill, but no talent or voice. And he definitely doesnt understand muscles. He knows the skeleton but not musculature which is why his anatomy is so stiff. A lot of people think anatomy stops at the skeleton. No, to be a good artist you actually have to understand a lot, it's musculature that makes a human, makes someone emotive and not just look like a lumpy stick figure. You have to have a doctors level understanding of anatomy to be a really, really good artist. That's what takes it to the next level, makes it look real and natural instead of just a stick figure with a traced cartoon head. Skeleton will give you the body, base, and structure, musculature will give you the voice and soul.

You can clearly see the difference between his Pewdiepie caricature where only the face and mouth (the ear is esp obvious, because it stands out compared to the rest of the head, it's stylized, but in a different way to the rest of the image) were mostly traced and pasted onto a head on a body, and the caricature of the Sup Forums alt right dude which was clearly almost 100% traced. The latter is intentional, the artist had an idea of what they were doing and going for. The former is just Maldraw copying certain parts and characteristics he wants, and pasting them all together, leading to giraffe neck and weird, Frankenstein juxtaposition and shit like that.

It's hard for me to explain but it's something like, if you see and understand good art, you can tell bad art; the greats always make it look easy, and this is someone imitating that, but they dont truly get it or understand. So you can clearly tell they're just copying what they hear, but dont understand what they're saying.

It's literally the artistic form of Engrish

>drawfaggotry dating back to /new/
>hurr there were no drawthreads before I came here
it looks like the one who should gtfo is (You), mr. Messiah of failed abortions

>reddit likes trump
Let me guess t_d I keep hearing about? I just said I don't even use the dang site and secondly you got the order mixed up, Sup Forums put a colony on reddit not the other way around. If reddit wasn't so leftist and communist in nature by order of common sense the reddit colony wouldn't become just another part of the reddit political leftist landscape.

If you want me to apologise for saying his work is bad out of being mean because of the last thread then I'll apologise on that fact but I'm not insulting him when I said that 10 years should be sufficient time to improve. There are tons of drawfags who get really good, even better than my buddies and that's a good thing because it means they are doing better, but when one assumes they're already great and starts flinging shit at me who didn't even interacted with him at all I have to apply common sense. "How do I handle a person who is rude?" oh right! I know tell him to get out!, that's not a a hard thought process and to make me sound like a bad guy in this process is ridiculous.

Before that were just attempts. You dont got daily drawthreads until maldraw came here.
Go gobble trump's dick somewhere else lil pasta munching nigger.

why is it that the first thing you're always thinking of is sucking dicks? surely you're not projecting something, hmmm?

tracefag

>lel collage a few posts up specifically mentions "trump nigger" as the Mal-AIDS-sian's autistic/favorite put-down
>you use it, too, and hide behind a meme flag

You are legitimately mentally-ill, but I do enjoy these threads once I filter you.

Just filter the fag out, the fact that he talks about himself in third person is a dead giveaway

Just filter the fag out, the fact that he talks about himself in third person is a dead giveaway
Just post more Sup Forums related drawings

come on mike, I know its you, why not just draw something while your here man.

Not that I disagree with any of that, but there's actually some faggot who works at Marvel who makes lots of dosh and traces like a motherfucker. I'm sure someone has the compilation pic out there. That's just the state of the industry, now. Actual good drawfags work in movies/games.

>Sup Forums put a colony on reddit
This is such a fucking stupid sentence. Before t_d literally none of the faggots here know what reddit words like ELI5, out of the loop, or post reddit screenshots or even bitch about reddit deleting far right subs. Your colony dont come back to the mainland and fuck it up. Sup Forums is a reddit colony not the other way around. That's why you trump niggers fucking despise the oldfags here because they're too classic Sup Forums for you.

>2015
>oldfag
go on

like das?

I'd also like to know why the fuck western comics all look alike in terms of style.

I wish I could make this my wallpaper without getting in trouble at work.

Thread's fucking shit. 20 posts from now you'll bump this thread with the most inane posts to keep it alive because nobody cares due to the sad as fuck literal shitscribble art the fuckers here post.
Even Sup Forums drawthreads have better art and nobody ever archives those.

I"m not against tracing, it's always said imitation is a form of flattery but I do agree that you're sounding a bit like my lecturer when they're calling out my cheats. I'll say now that I'm no where as good as I am because I dicked around and "muh style" for some years but my colleagues who look like every other day their work is looking less and less as you said it "a lumpy stick" is almost correct, you're missing the part where there's no dynamic positions to create a flow and boy did my technical drawing lecturer love to shit on me for that because it shows when you draw characters in certain positions all the time. I've even seen that weird middle where the person has a strong grasp of anatomy but is unaccustomed to dynamic poses so it feels like you're wearing 3-D glasses watching a still image, it's popping out but feels very stiff. I don't want to shit on anyone for tracing because honestly that's a lot more than most people do which is nothing but yeah we got to move to the next level at some point.
The archives were purged as well, I hope he remembers that is also a thing that happened.

I was talking about maldraw tracing attempts, not you. It's a copypasta

Because it's a soulless industry designed to ram SJW trash on impressionable youth. Comic sales have plummeted in the past five years because even kids are rejecting it. There's still some good and unique work out there, but you have to keep in mind they're independent artists. Marvel and DC is basically Starbucks and McDonald's, so you're going to get very specific pre-packaged brand of artwork every single time without fail. Japanese comics are starting to fall into the same trap, which is why Chinese artists are now surpassing them.

Nobody has ever proven maldraw traces you sad trump cocksucking pastanigger

>/mlp/
>Sup Forums
how did this happen and why did we let it happen

Guess Im opting in for the filter, see ya guys on the other side

april. it was great

Someone somewhere else said that this homogenization in media is caused by the fact that the authors of now grew up being fans of the authors who created such styles, so they end up working as fans instead of proper creatives, relying on the codified tropes instead of creating new ones

you and me both

>look at me
>I'm the tracer now

i only draw for fun.

I always thought he'd be more of a shitskin

I'll make any Sup Forums related drawing for 5 dollars.

I have nazi wallpaper on my phone and a nazi wallpaper on my work laptop.

The only reaction i get is "lol nice nazi flag" from the locals.

Nah, it's just a convenient excuse. Marvel's shit all looks the same because the art director will literally say "It needs to look like this".

Like I said, there's plenty of unique artists out there on the net. But corporate artwork is going to look uniform because they're projecting a brand. Look at Ankama. Unique characters, unique style of artwork, probably a dozen or so different properties including Wakfu. All of the artwork looks exactly the same. That's not because one guy is doing it, it's because the 10-20 artists they have have to make that specific style of work because it's their product.

They're all still proper artists though, and definitely not tracefags.

Anime isn't any better, when one studio completely dominates the networks, I can barely tell the difference between anime images posted on this site if not for color and clothing swaps, outside of that they may as well have been drawn by the same person.
Actually western comics took it a step further, they're intentionally making it gross looking with some overly emphasized racial features, I mean the Sup Forums memes are pure aryan man are sometimes realized and I step back to wonder "where does this human exist?". If you're referring to aired cartoons you're spot on, the noodle arms and "fuck everything else" tell tale signs are annoying.

its qt user, you've got my thumbs up

Well you also live in the third "most habitable countries in the world" or something. I live in the United Shabbos of Amerigoy, where anything Nazi-related will get you blacklisted for life from everything. I'd move to Asia if I could, but it'd probably suck worse due to being a waito piggu with blond hair and blue eyes.

No I mean you sound like my lecturer, it's a compliment. I know you're not talking about me lol.

The discourse was broader than simply comics tho, maybe in that industry it's how you posted, I haven't read any comic since the early 2000s

Oh ok lol
Yeah the original topic about "fans vs original creators" regarded anime, and also the fact that modern series rely more and more on inside jokes and pop culture references because the writers are fans

As everyone should with those checked.

I was a /jp/ oldfag ;_;

Ex-pat, dude.

lol, what happened to you user?

Admin briefly merged the two boards as an April Fool's joke, but it ended up being an extreme counter to the massive amount of paid shilling going on at the time. Every ShareBlue thread was derailed with Nazi horses.

I migrated to Singapore. That's what happened.