Do the French identify themselves as Celtic, Germanic, Mediterranean, or something else?

Do the French identify themselves as Celtic, Germanic, Mediterranean, or something else?

I've always been curious about this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pays_(France)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

As fagots

srlf bump

bump again because that bump didnt work

shit do self bumps not work on pol?

* faguettes

And they're genetic mongrels like the English.

Gaul or Gallic.

They identify by their pays
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pays_(France)

>Celtic
Are you serious?

They most likely identify as Germanics
Since Franks were Germanics, and Kingdom of Franks broke up into 3 different countries.
And the country on the far right (East Francia ) became HRE and later on Germany

I've been told they see themselves as Gauls, Bretons see themselves as Celtic.
Most European countries are "genetic mongrels" to some degree

Islamic

There are some that identify as all of those separately, but most of the ones I've talked to about it think of themselves as Gallo-Roman.

They are quite Celtic genetically though, along with Germanic, Iberian and Latin. Bretons are genetically distinct from the rest of France

Gallic and Latins.

why would they identify as celtic, germanic or mediterranean when most of the french population is mostly arab and from diverse african countries

We're gauls, a germano celtic tribe conquered by an hair by the roman.
That was a distant relationship, way better place existed in the roman empire if you wanted to settle.
We're christian by the mandate of rome, but pagan in behavior.
AKA, even under Islam we would keep doing our stuff.

>We're gauls, a germano celtic tribe
Gauls weren't a single tribe, idiot. "Gaul" is the name given by the Romans to a huge region that they further divided into 3 sub-regions (Celtica, Belgica, Aquitania). "The Gauls" were the people in that region but they were a mosaique of different tribes with different customs, different languages, different everything. The only thing they had in common was Caesar, their enemy.

Is there a difference between Celts and Gauls?

>memeglag opinion
>Can't read
Didn't I mention we are germano celtic, brainlet?
Known as the gaul, roman won, they get to name us for posterity.
Not even mad.
Dumbfuck memflag poster.

roll

So you see yourselves as the heirs to the legacy of the Romans?

Celtic in the west, Germanic in the east, Latin in the south

Is the traditional national character not made up of a single identity?

Who doesn't

T'as surtout parlé des gaulois comme d'une seule tribu ducon, alors que c'étaient des dizaines et des dizaines de tribus différentes, pas "une tribu germano-celtique"

Gauls (i.e., Celtic tribes in Gaul) were Celts, but other Celts were not Gauls.

Belle tentative cependant d'ad-hom en l'absence d'argument ou de capacité cognitive, dommage que tu ne sois pas tombé sur la bonne personne.

Celts kind of cover a much wider area and didn't have the same kind of unity that Germanics had (see: Germany).

yup, since 2 century ago when regional culture and languages were suppressed in blood, most ppl see themselves as 'french'

Frenchs are apes.

>didn't have the same kind of unity that Germanics had

If we were apes, we would have created Catalonia. Cause you guys are tools.

> 9 v 5000

Most German peoples have been in the same state for at least the last millenium.

GaulS
tard.
>using french on an american board, wewlad.tiff

roll

First off they've never been in the same state, Germanic refers to a far wider range of people than Germans. Secondly Germany was split into East and West until 1990

>most ppl see themselves as 'french'
Not anymore thanks to keftist immigration.
If everyone is a french citizen, no one is.
Most people don't really know how to call themselves publicly.

Roots french is currently more or less used, but it was originally a leftist insult, meanwhile ingenous was premptively coopted by muslims colonizers.
Might as well call myself a native, call it a day and keep learning to shoot boompows irontubes.

Franks.
Play some Total War FFS.

>a germano celtic tribE
tard

as french probably
>muh identity as an archaic concept
the absolute state of americans

Roll

I believe genetically they'd be Celtic but culturally they are Latin.

The HRE covered most of the German speaking population for hundreds of years. The Celts have never had anything like that, at most the Angevin Empire.

roll

Your impotency in the nether region has been duly noted.
>memflag are not to be taken seriously under any condition, being tard bait.
>nitpicking in 2019
We are the gauls, a tribe made of a fuckton of village with the exact same culture, lolololol.
Funny because it's true.

>with the exact same culture
nooope

German speaking and Germanic aren't the same

Not true, there are differen ehnicities true but until the XXth century they lived among themselves in different parts of the country. Like germanics in the north east, brittons in brittany, niggers in occitania

The south is Mediterranean with maybe some Iberian, the North is Celtic.

>German speaking and Germanic aren't the same

real average frenchman is probably 40% celtic (more if from the West/Center), 30% mediterannean (more in the south), 20% german (Way more if from the east/North) and the rest from the other great migration (like Wisigoths in the south, Burgundians in the East)

But yeah, mostly of use have mediterranean and celtic features

Find me gauls who are radically different from others in their religious and social structure, I'll wait.
More different between them than germanic tribes are.

galo-frank i'd say

Nigger

No really, Celtic

>most ppl see themselves as 'french'
Never. The fake state of France will collapse and all the oppressed nations will be free once again.

They aren't, Scandinavians, Swamp Germans and Anglos are all Germanic despite not speaking German. Germany takes it's name from Germanic, not the other way around

>catanigger

i'm going to regret this...

If it happen, occitania will invade your ass.
Just for enjoyment

>Mediterranean

Tell me what a Med is excactly plz

test

Roll

White French are 96% Celtic, 3% Germanic (that are in part Celtic themselves) 1% "Roman" (that are in large part Celtic too)

The North-East is more Germanic, Britanny is more Celtic, the South more Greek/Roman

help

We're like English

Roll

Gallo-Romans until 1974

Bougnoules now

Reroll since i dont do drugs anyways.

Wow i rolled the only 2 things on that list i dont do

Rolland Garros

It's actually pretty interesting. Most French identify as a citizen of France because the Nation of France was created by the State of France. Most Frenchmen didn't even talked french before the mid 19th century. About 1 in 3 still wasn't talking French at home at the time of the first world war.

And by the way France is old, very very old. My city Marseille was officially established by the Greeks in 600 BC, but was settled since at least 30,000 BC... T fact that everybody speak French and share the same culture is pretty recent and artificial.

>My city Marseille
Ouch

It actually depends of the people and of the region. Some will identify as celts, some as latins, some as germans.

Genetically we are celts (from the gauls), we do talk a latin langage (from the romans) and we live in a country etablished by germans (franks).

Marseille is a lot of fun...I was in Aubagne for awhile and it was a great place to get shitty.

rolls royce

Latin. Any Frenchman who contradicts De Gaulle is a self-hating cuck who needs to be taken to the guillotine.

Interesting, roll.

rollu

HAH, I read the manga, anime is for faggots!! HEHEH

How similar genetically are the Gauls to the Celts in the British Isles though?

Nothing significant

DeGaulle is a traitor, stop talking of him

Really interesting chart desu. Looks like the French were initially of the same stock as the other celts, except they mixed more with the early European farmers, which makes sense because of their geography.

Do you have a version of this chart that includes Germans and other European ethnicities as well as well?

Also I wasn't aware that there were 2 different initial hunter gatherer groups.

>t. Mamadou al-Franci

Rolling on me dicky

He was a traitor at first for sure, but he learned the truth while ruling, and basically was close to natsoc ( in a moderate way), thinking about the future, building high tech, advocating for a strong independant nation against the empire, calling out the jews, israel, European union, gommunists and against racemixing. Some mistakes at the end but overall bretty good for someone who started out on the wrong side to be fair.

They are "your lost son."

All 3 depending on the regions as you would imagine, but overall If there's one to pick it would be Gauls, therefor Celtic

Aren't froggies the original Kek's?

Roll