What does Sup Forums think of the G.I. Bill? Degenerate? Should we get rid of it?

What does Sup Forums think of the G.I. Bill? Degenerate? Should we get rid of it?

>I'm gonna go kill unnamed people I've never talked to for a country that doesn't have any of my interests or well-being in mind, and when I get back I want gibs

Anyone who supports it is a piece of shit and should kill themselves

>The military produces superior minds and citizens
>That's why we need to give them welfare for a head start
Yes we should get rid of it

>voluntarily sign up for a job that pays shit and involves living in a hole and getting shot at in shitfuckistan, doesn't even give you any other employable skills, will destroy your joints long-term and probably leave you at least a little fucked in the head
>again, doing all this voluntarily
Burgers are famous for treating their vets like shit though

Aww someone didn't get to register early like all the real men in the class have.

Kill yourself. Just make sure the safety is off when you do, faggot

Well deserved, what should be gotten rid of is government backed college tuition for EVERYONE. The GI Bill is earned by miltary service, while college loans are just given out, driving up the cost of tuition because colleges take advantage of it.

Besides, you'll never be able to pass any bill taking it away, you'll get rekt so fucking hard out of office it isn't funny.

I used it.
I grew up poor, and associated with a wrong crowd.
I joined the military after high school because I had no way to pay for college or otherwise better myself
Military made me a man. I became a better person once I left my hometown and everyone in it behind
Spent 6.5 years in the Army, got out and used my GI Bill to get degree from State U
I have no student debt
I am now married, 2 kids, make 105,000 a year
So yeah, the GI Bill is fucking awesome, and no, we should definitely not get rid of it

It's an excellent way of getting high IQ persons into the military.

t. E-1 faggot already getting a jump on his valor begging

You're welcome

While I'm happy for your successes, all you've done is shoved your debts onto the rest of the tax-paying populace. So you're welcome, because I helped get you through college.

Sweep it, start over. Even a productive handout like education only works when it's fresh enough that the pigs and vultures haven't entirely taken over. No program has the same efficacy in its first, tenth, and hundredth months.

>implying you pay taxes

Got my AA while I was in using tuition assistance. About 4 classes away from my masters now without a dime in student loans. Pretty good deal.

Nah, left as an e4. Keep paying your taxes though, I'm using my stipend for a nice long stay at enchanted rock this winter.

Wouldn't if the risk for not paying some of the avg. 97 taxes wasn't the IRS kicking in my door, executing my dog and stripping me down to my underwear.

Okay Shaneequah

it wasnt a gift
my GI Bill was compensation earned while in the military

yeah earned through a piece of a legislation forcing us to pay for it

>tfw Seattle E-5 housing allowance
Living the high roller lifestyle.

Talk to your congressman. I’m sure he’ll sponsor a bill to get it repealed.

Sure, then less people will join. People volunteer for service for many reasons. This is one of them.

Get rid of it so the military actually becomes a volunteer force instead of welfare for niggers and women.

Fucking this.
G.I Bill provides a way for men who want to succeed but we're not dealt a satisfactory socio-economic hand at birth.
It's a great move but requires you to get uncomfortable for years. NEETs in this thread are bitching and moaning about the bill because they are too pussy to endure that level of discipline.

fat chance

So people will just be in the military for years for free? Best of luck with that.

itt buttmad civies with a chip on their shoulder

t.

Still give them a paycheck, room, board and healthcare, just get rid of the Bernie Sanders tier GI Bill.

Ok. So if you can’t get the numbers you want because guys who aren’t totally retarded realize that they’re giving up years of their lives, and most of them get out with zero marketable skills what then? Hire even more retarded people with less ability? Up the paychecks? You realize being in the military fucking sucks, right? And that the GI bill is one of the best recruitment incentives that exist? Would you rather have a bunch of guys with no future prospects, nothing to lose, and varying degrees of combat training? Let me know how that turns out.

Well you have neets, scholarship recipients, people with the silverspoon up their asses and the rest of Sup Forums who works in tacobell like stablishments only to pay for their 3rd rate community college. If anybody should be mad it should be them.

really? bashing vets and not the 60 million illegal parasites or the trucker of peace who brought in 23 who knows whats? all of these will get full citizenship rights for free. but the vets are your problem. and you canuse your gi to go to an accredited tech school and learns a valuable trade. it's not free it's only up to certain amount of which you contribute and the gov't matches. at least 30 years ago it was. dc is the problem, not your vets.

you have no idea what you are talking about
none

Op is a faggot
Sage

>posting tired memes when you can’t post an argument
Apply yourself.

HAHAHAHAHA

Not as fat as you

Go piss away your money at DeVry

I'm using mine when I get out.

I'm paying for my online bachelor's out of pocket, then using it for a good masters degree.

While I understand the welfare argument, I will say that it's earned through the bullshit endured (forced appointments and briefings,zakat stupid training, picking up cigarette butts, etc) along with the amount of life you spent on the military (5 years for me), which affects your ability to plan for the future and to maneuver through your ambitions while you are in.

Remember that the money and good hookups the military earns from pumping service members through a corporate contract-based system of tests, medicines, amenities, and training also helps to compensate for the hole the GI Bill digs.

>online bachelors from Everest college

Did they get rid of tuition assistance for active duty?

Is a scam that directly lead to the everyone needs a degree meme

>best and brightest
>deserve scholarship
>NEEDING OBAMA TO SAVE YOU FROM PREDATORY COLLEGES

> Not understanding that legit schools give real online degrees (UCF for me), and that you can do those if you're not a fucking idiot with your money

It's the 21st century, just to let you know bud...

Lmao preach to the 40% of your buddies, not me

Not completely, but it's been on the chopping block a few times. I was eligible for it last semester, but they only pay tuition, which the bastards bypass by charging out the ass for other expenses.

The doesn't change the fact that even useful degrees are a highly inefficient way of credentialing people

Kill yourself. When the commies come around again you'll be hiding behind active service members you fucking pussy.

You don't even know how much I want to half the time.

Every time I hear their normie white boi pop punk and nu metal in the smoke pit while they do stupid shit in their hi and tites and Affliction tier apparel with the roasties, I want to run away like a rebellious child and be a free man.

I was going to go in as a SWA for the Navy. But I didn't like how much I had to lie to actually get into the military. So I decided to not go, my moral compass won't let me.

You realize the military is keeping a government in power that is actively subverting the country

Go die for Israel in Afghanistan

Go Look at all the jobs each branch has to offer
Being a grunt is only one of them you dumb fucking leaf

Noted. I know experience and connections are better, but the value of one's degree changes when they actually do a job that can help with their careers on the outside, like me.

I figure even the dumbest grunt could probably get a halfway decent business undergrad through the GI Bill and use that to move their way up lower management if they work at a warehouse or the arches.

you're telling me in the 6.5 years in the army you couldn't go to college?
or continued to stay in the army for another 4 years and continue to do it?
get rid of it

Not by choice. I'd love to be able to defend myself.

>waaah I can't stay in the military for an additional 4 years to pay my college I need the GI BILL!

Fucking this.

>The GI Bill is earned by miltary service
Why not just give them cash instead
The GI bill is what created the bloated 4 year degree system we have now

$12 billion / $50,000 (conservative estimate for a bachelor's) = 240,000 degrees
>it had no effect on tuition at all goyim

PER YEAR

Paid for my school. Got two degrees. I can't complain.

Pretty cool, knew a bunch of veterans who used at both the local 4-year college and community college. Almost all the vets in technical programs at the CC were technical/support personnel while in the service, very few guys who were in combat units. Dunno if the 4-year college was the same.

>Should we get rid of it?

Whoever proposed this would be committing political suicide.

Expand it so the entire population gets the same help and benefits.

Not to mention the post-WWII middle class.

No, that would be easily accessible student loans. The numbers don’t even come close to one another.

>Not to mention the post-WWII middle class.
That wasnt the GI bill

Essential for a volunteer army.

The massive expansion of 4 year colleges was created for WWII vets using GI bill money

>Merc civilians to secure oil industry in exchange for college tuition

And people say America has odd priorities

So after those what, couple million guys over the course of 4 years what kept it going? Millions and millions of people taking out student loans to pay for degrees.

You're ballin', Sarge!

Didn't use it because I was born wealthy. Should be kept.

>quit renting before a deployment
>still get BAH for the whole time
lmao

>Millions and millions of people taking out student loans to pay for degrees.
Which never would have happened if we didnt build all of the universities

I did the first 2 years of my degree at night while in the service

i finished my bachelors at State U with the GI Bill

like it or not, employers are used to hiring candidates from State U, and there is a stigma against people who went to school at night.

What's wrong with night school exactly?