HELP A WOMAN PICK OUT A GUN. What is the best self-defense gun for a gun virgin?

Going to shop for my first gun today, Sup Forums. What do you recommend for self-defense, to protect the home and also use as a concealed carry?

I've never fired a gun but I'm in good shape and learn quickly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c1_ajGMp3mk
youtube.com/watch?v=cshNlnoe-rE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sharpie in pooper

ruger in .22 or .357

Blunderbuss

sharpie in pooper

S&W Shield for carry
AR15 for home

...in pooper.

Go to a gun range and take a beginner class. They will lend you a gun to shoot and you will learn how not to kys or others by accident.

something small.
not to much for you to handle.
something you can carry on a regular basis.
and go to a range to practice.

also, you know the rules.
tits or gfo

You should have went to /k/. Just go to the gun shop and look at the 9mm pistols, choose the one you like that isn't under $400 and comes from a white country.

a musket.
we don't want you to go shooting church members now do we?

Kill yourself

snub nose revolver in .38

Go to a range, rent different guns, buy a Glock 19 anyway

Thanks, all! I will be taking a class and practicing at a range.

Sorry, I didn't know about /k/ or "tits or gtfo"

Lady smith 38 spcl. I bought my daughter one when she graduated college.

And the rules.

this belongs on /k/
Bersa Thunder .380
built by nazis in argentina
post tits with timestamp

Get a model 442 and do purse carry like me. It's extremely light and compact and it's .38 so it's a decently powerful round.

>not buying a scout rifle for maximum utility
If you want something to keep in the drawer beside your bed than just get a 9mm handgun (if a police force uses the model/design than it'll work fine for self defence).

That said, I'd suggest getting reasonable caliber "scout rifle" (essentially somewhere between a carbine and a typical rifle). Small enough to be used indoors also long enough for decent accuracy at a distance (1m long). Powerful enough to kill a human and potentially powerful enough to kill large game with good accuracy.

Handguns are only a good idea if you need a side arm or something that'll fit in your purse.

The rules, dammit!

Wife has glock43. 9mm.
Small, easy to conceal. Quite handy.

I recommend a little stubby revolver like pic related.

Snub nosed .38 would fit in your purse.

Test fire it, itll be louder than you think.

My dick - works great as concealed carry as it is a micropenis

Perf

Men can have purses too, shitlord.

hammerless featherlight snubnose .38

lightweight, wont snag, wont jam,

>Men can have purses too, shitlord.
The day of the rake cannot come soon enough

Lady smith is garbage.
Inferior quality at a markup for being pink.

S&W or Ruger.

One shaped like a frying pan...

FNX-45 Tactical with a Trijicon RMR and go ahead and get your Form 4 going for a Rugged Obsidian .45 can.

Bersa Thunder Combat Plus

Ak47 extended clip

Thank you! I will try these suggestions before buying, then. Price is no object but I have super-strong hearing and loud noise hurts my ears more than most people.

Get a Sig. First timer? Get a p229 with manual safety.
It's compact, easy to clean, comfortable grip, and the manual safety will let you fire in the heat of the moment without fumbling around.

Get a .22 because that's what all new gun owners should get.

Glock 19
Smith&Wesson M&P15

Reliable entry level firearms that won't let you down.

This.

>/k/ tier thread.

sig p238

. 38 +P Ruger revolver

>Paying more than $350 for a subcompact nine
>Shooting 9mm to begin with
Sweetie...

If noise is an issue, try a .22 revolver.

I was going to say this Just make sure you get some range time. With small automatics you have to learn to keep your wrist locked otherwise you get stovepipe issues.

Whatever it is, make sure it fits your hand. It's gotta be comfy.

Glock 26

perfect for ladies and newbies
perfect for carry, home defense and accepts G17 mags

t. weapons guru

Well now you know. So, tits?

Stupid LARP. Sage.

MODS PLEASE MOVE THIS THREAD TO /K/
IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

can't get ass-raped if you've beaten them to it

Ruger .22 for a rifle
and a glock 19 for a handgun

>.22 for self defense
might as well get a taser instead. then you dont need to pay for bullets and can carry it in more places

get a .22 semi-auto. Small, lightweight, no recoil or kickback. Perfect for a woman (no offense intended)

Learn to shoot. Its a small caliber gun so its not intimidating. youll need to learn to hit your target though. Practice.

But if you hit someone 3-5 times real quick with a .22 pistol theyll go down no doubt.

S&W 60 Ladysmith

Revolver

Revolver for concealed carry Preferably hammerless as it is a rugged gun that you can use in a pinch. Shotgun for home defense

9mm 6 shooter... very hard to mess up when operating.
No mag
No slide
No jams
No safety (depending on state)

Point and shoot pew pew

Fuck off whore.
Search for the fucking designated board for weapons
This is politics, not guns.

Your caps lock appears to be malfunctioning. You may want to get it looked at.

>Go to a gun range and take a beginner class. They will lend you a gun to shoot and you will learn how not to kys or others by accident.
This is the best advice for a /nogun/ newbie looking to get into it. Let an expert walk you through.

also you will get better advice in /k/ but I think you should ask to shoot many firearms to find the one right for you.

Bitch! Who said you could leave the house???

>I recommend a little stubby revolver like pic related.
Wrist breaker? I looked into a .454 in a long barrel....I can only imagine what that little bugger does.

You are an idiot, 9mm is fine, especially for a female shooter. I was trying to make it super simple for her. I don't own any gun less than $400, actually. Well, maybe some of my used pistols.

If you are giving a serious reply to this faggot you need to kill yourself right now and go the fuck back to where ever it is you came from. No tits

Agreed. She clearly needs a glock 20 with +P ammo. No one has ever been killed with anything less than a 10mm or .357 mag.

I'm not a virgin woman in good shape, but could also use some help. Question:
Does it make owning both a rifle and a pistol in .22lr?

A handgun in that caliber is pretty much mandatory in my country if you want to get access to better firearms (not exactly, but makes things much easier). I've read many times a basic .22 rifle is a good firearm to have around, like a 12 ga shotgun, but I'm not sure it makes much sense to have both a pistol and a rifle in .22. I don't want to end up with a huge collection of guns I'll never use.

There is no way just one gun is sufficient. Do you have one handbag that is appropriate with every outfit? A gun is a hidden accessory. You'll at least need one for summer and one for winter but 4 - 6 is much better.

Taurus Spectrum

>Asking /pol for gun advice.
>/pol

S&W 642
Revy's don't eject cartridges

Get a Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal Five-seveN chambered in glorious wound vectoring flat-trajectory no overpenetration miniscule recoil FN 5.7x28mm, holds 20 rounds standard 30 with extended mag, truly ambidextrous controls, internal concealed hammer (no snagging when drawing), lightweight as fuck, big enough to make your threat known enough to make less inclined attackers flee, but still small enough to fit right in your purse. Just be mindful of the gigantic fireball and near-deafening sound of the round going off and you're golden.

I don't know why but fuck I hate women so fucking much

>implying /k/ommandos didn't migrate here when discussing politics was banned.
Plenty of us know what we're talking about.

>.I can only imagine
I can imagine

It's the one I was absolutely lusting over when I was in burgerland. It's not even that expensive btw.
>tfw no gun
Life is suffering

the ideal gun would be able to be easily concealed in your bra. in order to further assist with your enquiry i will need to see the inside of your bra with the relevant timestamped breast for easy reference

I actually know nothing about guns

1911 45acp but in a smaller frame.

Thanks to all the serious replies! I will look into all the models listed.

Like I said I didn't know about /k/ but there's anti-gun shilling on Sup Forums daily so it ought to be a 2-way street

Post feet.

Sig Sauer P238

416 rigby double rifle or barrett m107

Tits or gtfo, cunt.

Learn how to fire a 9mm you shouldn’t be using a lower caliber for self defense. If you are serious you need to learn how to handle the recoil. Also if you haven’t done this before get a glock then you don’t have to train yourself to take the safety off. You can use a .22 if you want but there is no fucking way I’m trusting my life with that.

Fuck off roasty.

>tfw no gun
I have a bad-ass guard dog recommended to me by a police Sergeant up in Canada, but I decided it's time to go all in

Has sharpie in pooped been said yet?

I'm a hairy dude :(

You're like me (also 110 lb grill with near virgin gun experience). Try a .22 then, because if you won't use your gun because you're too scared to go deaf, it's better to have something you'll actually shoot with and .22 isn't that loud. You won't kill in one shot, sure, but it's still a bullet inside the idiot.

a man with a gun.

USP45CT

The pistol for champions.

>choose the one you like that isn't under $400 and comes from a white country.

So nothing American, German, British, French? OP can only select a Makarov.

this is a question for /k/
there are other boards on this website you newfags

It's best that you try various guns on a range first before deciding. Different guns are good for different people.
A good standard pistol is a Glock 19, but if you want something compact and easy to control as a woman, I'd go with a Glock 42, which is a subcompact 380 ACP.

That's small enough to conceal carry, and easy to control
youtube.com/watch?v=c1_ajGMp3mk

You'll want to look into purchasing 2 firearms, rather than 1. A rifle for home defense, and a handgun for concealed carry.

If you're going to carry it anywhere but a purse go to a gunstore and ask to see a CZ P10C, a Glock 19, and an M&P 2.0 compact. Pick whichever one you find to be the most comfortable to use. (You'll need to ask for instructions.)

If you're going to carry in a purse, get something with a double action trigger like a revolver or an automatic with a decocker. Don't let them talk you into a smaller or lighter gun, those will have more recoil.

youtube.com/watch?v=cshNlnoe-rE

great gun
super reliable
eats all kinds of ammo
> i own 2