Why are Americans not into roundabouts ?

why are Americans not into roundabouts ?

> makes traffic flows faster
> less waiting time
> less traffic accidents

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M
youtu.be/WaICdKez2jg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

See how all of those streets are just two lane two way roads? The us uses a lot of multi lane roads which don't play well with traffic circles, and they can also fuck up timing for letting traffic onto highways causing jams

Have you even been to America you stupid nigger? Those fag circles are everywhere

I recently went on a road trip that took me through 11 different states, and there were traffic circles in every one.

we have them in New England, unfortunaty

Roundabouts are absolutely everywhere, but they're always done wrong.

They always have tall square curbs that ruin your tires, they're always a single lane, and they never teach student drivers how to use a round about so nobody ever signals and it ends up becoming a 4 way stop anyway.

>t. American who has logged a few thousand miles in the UK.

> less traffic accidents

Suddently, One Morning, all semaphores in America turn to rounds. Just Imagine what could really happen in the beginning.

This. They are all over, even the rural town I went to last month had a big traffic circle

They're all over the place here. Its a suburb thing mainly. Cities have multilane roads.

>The us uses a lot of multi lane roads which don't play well with traffic circles

>traffic circles

You guys really cannot into English. Traffic circle... fucking Americans are so idiotic. It's like English for people with double-digit IQ.

Theres entire towns here that have only triffic circles.

this looks awful

Americans are too dumb

OP
Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=-Tdu4uKSZ3M

Is this supposed to be a good thing

can afford stop signs and follow rules

Wow, look how well that's working.

Yup, that's exactly what I'm talking about. That kind of junction should not have a roundabout

Be gone, you insipid Denmarkian cunt.

Problem is the work until they dont, we've had them for many years in Australia and as traffic increases on the road invariably one direction of traffic always gets fuckholed because of peoples tendency to give way to their right (or your left fuckos) so then they have to put traffic lights in anyways and everyone gets fucked over, heaps of time and money is wasted and they should have just had lights there to fucking begin with.

IS THAT A MOTHERFUCKING JOJO REFERENCE?

My American sat nav calls them a rotary

>It's like English for people with double-digit IQ.

Nice one, lad. You're missing something in that sentence.

Does traffic even move when it's this crowded?

probably chinks, that kind of volume is not viable for roundabouts t b h

ny

absolutely hate round abouts

get some stop lights

What happens when there is back up traffic? How the fuck is someone even though to push their way in? If one road is backed up, the whole roundabout is fucked. At least with traffic lights, 2 directions can still continue.

In my hometown they build a roundabout similar to this but they did not leave space between the crossings and the roundabout itself so if one person walks over the street and a car has to wait the whole roundabout comes to a stop.

They exist in new jersey

Why should we implement Europoor anything? Stop lights are fine (as long as they're timed correctly).

Fie on thee thou slatternly slugabed strumpet.

the same way jaywalking is a thing.
simple people mean stupid rules for the rest of the population.

Because it's a large amount of unused space that would only be useful in large already developed cities.

The fucking red ring is for bicycles, and it still manages to flow... Also, there is nothing in the world more inefficient than 4-way stops. Why litter your country with those if apparantly you care so much about traffic jams?

Generally the unwritten rule in traffic is if there is a line of people trying to enter the roundabout then each person lets 1 in. Obviously some don't but the traffic moves because other people let others out.

he's talking about 4 way stop signs, not lights.

>one road is high flow traffic
>can enter crossection only by literally unironically violating traffic laws
>good idea

they are being put in everywhere because they are the latest meme tech from europe

CNN Report from 6 years ago
>they're everywhere
youtu.be/WaICdKez2jg

That's what city planning is for.. I'm not surprised Americans hate them, considering the state of their general infrastructure. Just putting in a roundabout does not work if you don't look at the traffic design in an entire area..

That said, just add an extra lane to the one you've posted and it works. I pass one like this literally every day.

You can usually find them in and around the lake.

i like them, i play cities skylines a lot and they work, so it's a given they work in real life

>nothing more inefficient

In some cases that's by design. The us trasnsportation system has our highways as its backbone, so effective loading is prioritized. Often times with highway loading there's a bifurcation point above which you have terrible traffic jams, and below which you have smooth clear traffic. A 15 second stop could make all the difference

>lets throw extra lanes on the problem that can be solved without extra lanes
And what if you don't have extra space?

Also it will only work if all traffic exits via one road. What if traffic crosses? Now we have two lanes that are somehow supposed to merge through each other and traffic laws have literally no solution for that.

We have too many shitskins that don't know how to drive. Roundabouts are accident makers in the states.

They only work if it's one lane, otherwise people will enter/exit the wrong lanes and cause accidents

What are you on about?
They're all over the place where I live.

A nation’s ability to use roundabouts declines as its black population rises.
Users of roundabouts need to be able to understand the idea of giving way to someone else. This requires some form of social trust which simply does not exist Africanised societies.

>And what if you don't have extra space?
Put in lights or another solution. I'm not saying that lights are the end all fix all, that's my point.. You have to look at the system as a whole.

The one I pass every day matches the sketch exactly. It it's also only 3 directions.

>Also it will only work if all traffic exits via one road. What if traffic crosses?
Traffic should never cross on a roundabout, obviously.
>Now we have two lanes that are somehow supposed to merge through each other and traffic laws have literally no solution for that.

Like I said: Roundabouts are a solution to a specific issue, that has to fit within the general infrastructure of the area. If you do it right, it works very smooth. If you fuck it up, you tend to jam things up..

You can also put cool things in the middle just for the fuck of it.

The Jews

We got a few in our city town, though problems I see rise quickly are that no american understands what yield means. Even more so being in Cali, where rolling stops are 100% normal. There's also the problem with cities not using these because they will claim it will take a substantial amount of money to tear down 4 ways and build them.
>Traffic congestion has been reduced at two of the city’s busiest beach intersections since the $2 million June 2015 completion of the second roundabout at the foot of the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf, city officials said. The earlier $1 million roundabout at Depot Park was completed in 2011.
>2 mil for 100sqft of pavement and some paint.

>I'm not saying that lights are the end all fix all, that's my point
*roundabouts

All roadwork is expensive, and ripping out existing infrastructure that works (even if it's not optimal) to replace it with something marginally better is probably a waste.. It's better to put it in from the get go, or when you're doing major construction anyway.

This. Every time I come to one, I secretly wish that some Dunkin Donuts sipper just forgets the Yield sign and I get to bust into their driver side at full blast.

we call it a "traffic circle" here and tourists get in to accidents trying to navigate it every day

2 million is not proper for a few replacements, perhaps near the couple 100k's feels more proper. I have a feeling they tried to "gentrify" these things, which now it's an art display than a functioning street, which would rise the costs. Regardless, it's a more or less foreign aspect to driving for anyone in the US. Not saying the things are bad, but plopping them into places that don't understand the concepts will be very slow to start adapting them.
Try riding a bike through one. Feels like fucking Mad Max.

Man fuck roundabouts. Nobody fucking follows the rules, it's a damn free-for-all.

black people

> (OP).
>They always have tall square curbs that ruin your tires.

You're not supposed to drive over the curbs, Amerifat

>Put in lights
At this rate you can just make light regulate intersection that occupies less space.

Because niggers.

American drivers are dumb as shit

Trust me round abouts are top tier but unfortunately even the most unsuccessful idiot can afford a car here and those are the kinds of people you meet on the road

>a perfect example of why roundabouts are shit

they're kind of a big deal here, i don't know why...
problem with them is half of drivers are too retarded to understand the rules when the roundabout has more than one lane

seeing how low IQ and used to straight wide ass roads americans are, I'd imagine it would cause more accidents

The road should be marked thus so that cars cannot stop on the yellow area. If the traffic means the way isn't clear to your exit then you have to wait. Of course the whole point of roundabouts is supposed to be that cars don't have to stop which is what causes build up of traffic at lights but this congestion is the result of very high volume of traffic combined with selfish retards so you need some rules in place to keep it flowing.

>selfish retards are the only reason roundabouts don't work
>roundabouts are the communism of driving confirmed

We've got roundabouts eurotard. Kys

Roundabouts are only good for two-lane, moderate flow intersections. If you have an intersection between a major road and some shitty side street with the occasional car, you'll slow down the main road more than if you just put in lights that only switch when a car shows up.

Fucking retarded.
Roundabouts are for 1-2 lane roads with low to medium traffic.

Literally just a clusterfuck worse than gridlock

we have them. and youd be surprised how many retards cant figure out a circle

When you thiiiink your DOWN and OUT

These look like they'd be a nightmare if you're a bus driver

If you don't already know exactly where you're going when you get there you're going to miss your shit and rodeo all around fagtown. Block system means you know exactly where the fuck you are all the time. Not block system is useful in rural towns if you actually know where you're already trying to go.

kek, wtf is that shit?

I was going to scream JEWS but it's only 5 points so it's clearly the gateway to hell.

Some more advanced models in higher traffic areas(4 lanes usually) even use underpasses(2 lanes) so that the most used traffic lane goes straight on and the roundabout is kept at ground level for those who want to change directions/merge.
Then again you need infrastructure knowledge,I recomend you look at simcity or city skylines.
As an ancap it's kind of a horror game but you do get some basic ideas about traffic congestion

>they're kind of a big deal here, i don't know why...

Public subsidies.

>1. literal wall of traffic preventing anyone from moving
>2. pretty sure thats a crash because yet another wall of traffic is stopping anyone from moving
>3. how the fuck do you even wind up in that angle at that position
>4. more cunts blocking the way
>unmarked, even more walls blocking the way.
very few people are going anywhere.

works verry well when properly build and ppl know how to use em.

The virgin roundabout. The Chad cloverleaf.

Americans have a hard enough time navigating straight roads, and now you want to introduce circles? Madness.

A cloverleaf Is an interchange you daft cunt

Wew I recoqnized that picture being Dutch scrolling with one eye on the streets.
Why is our infrastructure so goddamn awesome and more advanced than the rest of the world?

This looks like a nightmare. Might as well just have all lanes of traffic empty out into a giant open parking lot and hope that people are all able to maneuver around to the other side in one piece.

Roundabouts are good for low-traffic areas where it's rare that the roundabout will be clogged with cars. Not a big intersection replacement.

Suprised God hasnt sent a astroid that way

Americans actually can't drive
like ok there are some who can obviously but it's so easy to pass a driving test in america and they all drive automatics,
compare the american standard of driver skill compared to the European; is it any wonder they shit their knickers at the thought of a roundabout

Traffic circles actually have MORE traffic accidents than traffic light intersections. However, these occur at much lower speeds and involve far fewer injuries, and that's the big payoff. Getting t-boned by some guy running a red light at high speed can be deadly.

> so goddamn awesome/more advanced

yet people are stuck in traffic every day driving to their jobs

ROFL TRAFFIC CIRCLES

Do you call wheels "car circles"?

Be careful with that thinking here, bong. Cut one of us off like that in traffic and we might just open fire.

It's not "city planning", clogfag, it's traffic engineering. Your extra merge lane does not solve the problem the guy described, not that a europoor would ever know that.

This is a 3rd world country in this pic
This kind of stuff will never work there

Americans are straight shooters. We shoot straight. You fairies across the pond can use your little circular intersections like this and go round and round, but we like to put the hammer down, give it hell, and move forward.

It's that simple. We do things much more efficiently over here.

>The road should be marked thus
Therefore thou shouldst goest forth and marketh thusly!

>why are Americans not into roundabouts?

'Cause when we ain't watchin the crashes in NASCAR, we wanna watch dumbasses crash trying to beat the red lights. It's also another form of natural selection. The tards take each other out when their handlers are nowhere to be found.

They are phasing them out here in favor of traffic lights, or worse, the madness that is "lights on a roundabout"..

Spend years getting accustomed to the calm comfy safe roundabout then the red/amber/green Jew vomits all over your sensibilities with its authoritarian stupidity. Great!

>CLOGGED