HEMA is the ultimate white nationalist martial art and Sport. Why are you not practicing it?

If you don't know what HEMA is, it's Historical European Martial Arts. Basically fighting with European swords and stuff. Longswords, rapiers, Sword and shield, etc. It is NOT fencing and it's wrong to compare it to it.
We read the manuals written by the masters of the time, and we practice their techniques in live combat sparring.

youtube.com/watch?v=6r7VWIQCHvM

youtu.be/t24oovNv7vY?t=2

youtube.com/watch?v=eT3Iuq9PAyk

youtube.com/watch?v=a0LYlf24-ZM

youtu.be/10B4oCreJDo?t=17
Why are you not practicing true European Sword fighting? Are you not European?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FPbTWDeqQf0
thehemashop.com/weapons/padded-swords
artofmanliness.com/2009/01/05/bartitsu-gentlemen/
youtu.be/bO8G5zsQohg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who let op out of /asp/?

It's political in a way user.

its not, but its in the spirit of pol at least

HEMA are fun, but most people don't care for the same reason they fell out of style in the first place.

What happens when you include 9/11?

>Why are you not practicing true European Sword fighting?
I'm not much into LARPing

It's not larping though

It is

>martial arts = larping
"Larping" has lost all meaning at this point.
>having a job is larping
>eating food is larping
>taking a shit is larping
>sleeping is larping

because parkour is more fun

HEMA helped me repair my shoulders from an accident that happened in 2009. It's definitely fun, it can definitely sharpen your mind and get you thinking more about hand to hand techniques in a non-weeaboo way, but ultimately you're right, it is not a fighting style that should be taken seriously outside of competition in the modern day.

>LARPing is for white nationalists

O i am laffin

>muh talhoffer

pft get an actual sword, like a KATANA instead

>swinging a sword around like its the 1400s isn't larping
okay bud

This is autism. If you want to play with a sword learn to fence, don’t LARP. Better yet, buy a gun & attend some NRA courses on safety, maintenance & proper operation. Or go to /asp/ & play w/ your dull-edged chrome plated sword from the mall.

You larpers are making me sick.
Why can't you stop even for a minute?
Fucking Larper.

desu op is not wrong
sword fighting SHOULD be brought back as a sport to replace the niggerball franchises

Because I'm not a fucking nerd

>training is larping
>sports are larping
>fighting is larping
Why are you larping as an anti-larper, though? Larping is cringe. We should all just...shit, what isn't larping?!?

Isn't particularly useful since no one's running around with a sword nowadays.

> t.murimutt assblasted that it doesnt have a natice sword

HEMA isn't larping in the same way that any sport isn't larping. There's no benefit to say, soccer other than the physical benefits that any sport brings, including HEMA. How can you say the guys in those videos were larping when they were wearing modern gear and sparring in a modern sport-like manner?

Kek

Hema is full of cucks.

Just look at the yt community.
Scholahladatoria is pro refugee
Skallagrim is a leaf
Metatron is a larping weeb
Lindybeige has never touched a women

Mexican please, not only do our NCO’s carry sabers, we also have double handed broadswords.

>training
>fighting
lol
If you just said it was for fun I could respect that but you calling it fighitng and """"training""" is just sad. Go get a gun and train with that retard.

I fenced foil for a few years, it's fun but modern sport fencing is to far removed from actual sword techniques at this point.

But I already do practice hema, I'm actually fencing in a tournament this weekend.

Also;
>longsword is overrated

I'm not LARPing as someone who gives a shit, user.

I do it just for fun. I carry everyday for actual self defence, I don't consider this a useful martial art in today times, it's just a fun martial sport.
So we should take it back from the cucks.

>I can't read
It's ok. We know you're just larping.

So is playing with toys.

The practice we do in HEMA is the same that the guys in the past trained with swords. The true playing with toys is grown men thinking it's cool or entertaining to watch a bunch of men in tights kick or throw a ball around like a bunch of big children.

so is playing with all cars/guns/tools by that logic

Look at this burger larping as European

But that's really really real. Whereas things like boxing are larping. Or something.

>Lindybeige has never touched a women
He is above such mortal wants.

Yea this is the shit I don't get user. HEMA at this point could simply be considered a branch of MMA, how is it LARPing? These guys really are coming off as guys who pealed in highschool and has an innate knee-jerk reaction against anything they see as "nerdy" or something.
As you said, boxing is a great sport and isn't larping, yet it's really not very useful in modern combat either, in fact it's less useful than dagger fighting. It's really like HEMA fighting in that sense yet it wouldn't be considered LARPing for some reason.

I've watched HEMA before and it's too sport-like imo to be a martial art worth anything. Especially how is refereed and breaks are made whenever contact is made with the opponent's body, with no concern given for where a blow lands or how hard it hits. I refuse to believe warfare was anything like that, especially with armor. I'm supposed to believe that when a sword barely taps an enemy's steel gauntlet or pauldron that that would be sufficient to end a fight? There's obvious skill involved in HEMA, you can see it, but I do not believe it actually approximates what melee combat was like. Especially when armor is taken into account.

To be fair hes a professional dancer so maybe he has slayn some dancer poon

I simply cannot accept any """"sport"""" or """""""art"""""" to be legitimate unless it involves the use of the katana.

he definitely has then

>Eating food like they did in the 1400s isn't larping

k bub

It depends on the rule set of the club or tournament.

Most of the hema community is focused on unarmored combat, mostly in the context of dueling.

As for light strikes on various parts of the body, most of the folks I've trained with completely agree. While a light strike to the forearms with a sharp longsword would definitely be unpleasant, it's not in the same league as taking a full zorn to the head. The community is still trying to compensate for that via tournament rule sets.

If you want to improve your body while also honing useful skills, do some practical Martial Arts. Don't do some shitty Aikido ritualized throws thing, do some actual sparring with other people, work on proper self defense techniques, and learn how to stay safe in a fight.
Any kind of shooting sport, clays, target shooting, hunting, are all very useful in a real world application. You should know how to handle a firearm if you can legally acquire one.
Also, keep fit! Staying fit will improve your life more than anything else, as it enhances your outlook on life. I am never more positive than when I exercise regularly.

Hema? More like Homo

It's fucking expensive.

Sword, gloves, mask are like 900 dollars.

I carry everyday. Also, hema is live sparring. The videos I posted were half live sparring and half technique demonstrations.
This is pretty funny.

This shit is dumb and gay, the guys who larp and bash each other in the heads with warhammers are way cooler

youtube.com/watch?v=FPbTWDeqQf0

I wonder if lee smith browse Sup Forums

Get a pair of these padded swords:
thehemashop.com/weapons/padded-swords
Then just get a pair of skiing goggles for some eye protection and that's all you need. For about $70 you and a partner can start doing back sword saber katana or longsword. About $200 you can do all of them.

Battle of nations is cool too but they're different things. No need to hate.

I mean, HEMA is a great past time, but I think hand to hand fighting is more valuable for most people. I totally agree that it should be bigger on TV, it's a lot more fun and entertaining than boxing, golfing, or fucking drone racing.

>drone racing
drone fighting is the true patrician sport

Yes, but can you end him rightly?

appreciate the advice, but everyone else has metal swords. the only places that have in stock feldschwerts want 400-500 dollars

> not epee
Anyone who doesn't fence epee is either a faggot or a peasant.

At least until the high Middle Ages, most folks in Europe fought with little to no armor unless you were lucky enough to be in the nobility or just rich. That's the reason you see a decline in shield usage once armor becomes more commonplace.

Because it's not practical. What are you going to do if you get jumped? "HOLD FAST CHAPS, I MUST WITHDRAW TO MY KEEP TO DON MY ARMOUR AND FETCH MY LONGSWORD! WE SHALL DUEL ON THE MORROW!" Learn a practical martial art instead.

if you lived in a place that didn't suck balls you could just carry a sword on you and some mail under your shirt
>Texan masterrace

>practical martial art
There is none. Just get a gun. Most "martial arts" is just fist fighting which isn't martial at all. At least swordfighting was done in war and therefore can be considered "martial arts"

It is literally larping. Have you ever seen larping videos? They get crazy dressed up and go hog wild on each other, usually resulting in injury and drawn blood.

I can't see any difference between that and what you're posting

Are video games practical? Are any hobby or sport?

I sometimes wonder if HEMA is something for forcefully disarmed Europeans for self-defence.

Swords don't run out of ammo.

I live in a 92% white country. Texas sucks balls in comparison.

HEMA is for just grown up LARPing.

Learn a proper martial art for unarmed self defence.

It's not for unarmed defence, it is for killing people with medieval weapons.

>Hema
>Not mother fucking Bartitsu
artofmanliness.com/2009/01/05/bartitsu-gentlemen/

People are even making unbreakable umbrellas for the walking stick / umbrella fighting baritsu part.
youtu.be/bO8G5zsQohg

What if the other guy has a gun and ammo tho?

Just learn how to fence and don't be a fag

>92 percent white
>chinese are buying all our land and are going to replace us in all the 20 years it take for them to have 10 kids a man

>it is for killing people with medieval weapons

LARPing then

>tfw the best guy in my group is a Korean
What is a good first feder lads? I'm not a poorfag but I'd rather it be on the sub 300 range if possible for my first steel.

HEMA isn't just swordfighting, there's dagger and hand-to-hand as well. Also Glima, which was a form of wrestling invented by the vikings.

>1:30
Yeah man, you really gotta learn some "-itsu" for that lmao

its not larping when you actually do it

IT'S A SPORT IT'S NOT A MARTIAL ART ANYMORE THAT'S NOT THE POINT.
The REAL TRUE martial art of the modern era is using ships and planes to bomb the shit out of the enemies land, or at the most extreme, dropping a nuke on them. THAT'S the true martial art.
In terms of civilian martial arts, it's called concealed carry. H2H should only be practed in terms of getting distance or an advantage to draw your pistol.

Fair enough then, I didn't know that. I stand corrected.

It is fencing, homo, but not with the gay "no side stepping" rules and a sword instead of a car antenna

Why is the Air Force so fucking embarrassing?

How many opportunities have you had to use your playe armour and broadsword in real life.

Anyone who watches a sport but doesn't like HEMA is supreme faggorino.

how many time is gun useful everyday?
by that logic nobody should carry anything bigger than a pocket knife, and only if they hold a job where they would actually use

Have you actually seen it? It is pathetic. It is just middle aged faggots taking their larping too far.

It`s really just cucks larping as if their "nations" have existed in the middle age and real nations coming with the "fact" that every faggot on the battlefield was equipped with tin can and nicely forged sword.

I can see a point in it only if there would be the duel culture. And currently there is none. Because again - it`s only about poo, "balts", ukro, kazachs, anglo and other wannabewhites coming out with we wuz knights and franks and romans shitposting in tincans with balistas in background.

hint: romans had no stirrups - that is why Rome failed to Hunns (traveling hobo circus).

It`s really better just to play poker instead.

mmmm

I think it's some kind of only in the anime shit where you can parry bullets like cowboy bepop with ton po.

It's a fun sport I don't understand why everyone is having such a reaction against a fun sport that involves fighting with swords. Do you really hate swords THAT much?

So you carry your sword and armour around, ready to use if the need arises?

>be on Sup Forums
>confused when people autistically screech and project about something they don't like

In my state it's illegal to carry a sword but you can legally conceal carry.
I believe if swords were legal a sword-dueling culture would quickly develop.

Agreed. I can't find any chapters in my city, but I'd rather do this than be one of the faggy crossfit normies with a molon labe shirt, the alt-lite fuckers.

nope, weapons are expensive, don't even got a gun.
I just use my fists.
but if i had the opportunity i would
although not the armour too hot in my neck of texas

Yea but one would think that Sup Forums would like HEMA and stuff. It's really in the spirit of European history and tradition and such.

Based Texas let's you do all but brandish the thing. Unless self defense and then TX legal shield has your back

> although not the armour too hot in my neck of texas
That is one of the biggest features, showing what a bullshit that "art" is.

a rapier seems to be the best weapon for urban melee combat.
Quickly stab them, wound them, get away safely. The wounded only want to get away from you.

If only tradition of larping.