So /k/ explain to me how this faggot was able to buy a gun in the first place...

So /k/ explain to me how this faggot was able to buy a gun in the first place? If he was in fact dishonorably discharged from the Air Force, wouldn't that come up on a background check?

Every 4473 form I've ever filled out has the question: "Have you ever been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions? Y/N"

Is that question in there just for fun? I assumed a DD would prevent someone from buying a gun.

Other urls found in this thread:

gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title10/html/USCODE-2011-title10-subtitleA-partI-chap13-sec311.htm
twitter.com/JasonWhitely/status/927368252912816128
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WE DUNNO SENPAI
>I assumed a DD would prevent someone from buying a gun.
It does

Likely scenarios
>private sale
>he got the gun before he got DD'd

bad conduct discharges are NOT dishonorable discharges

how he skirted the domestic violence, no idea
maybe military court isn't in the NICS?

year imprisonment. I don't know how he could have got out with anything other than a DD.

Every source I have read says DD, not bad conduct.

I'm guessing 2nd hand, used.

Private sale or owned it before the DV or the DD

Air force says bad conduct so

cbs said it was a DD in 2014, but they changed it to BCD in 2012, but they are the only one

>DD
>BD
I need sources

>he says she says
sauce?

>4473 for a rifle
Wut

What? I've always had to fill out a 4473 for every firearm purchased, handguns and long guns. In what state can you buy a rifle without one?

You can't all firearms passing through an ffl need a 4473.

none, that's a federal form and that dude either doesn't shop at gun stores, or they just assumed he couldn't pass and sold him a gun anyway.

it has been stated he purchased the firearm from an Academy sports and outdoors

What the hell happened then? Did the fbi just drop the ball or did his dd just never get to any feds?

HE GOT A BAD CONDUCT DISCHARGE NOT A DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE
Weapon was purchased before any of the Domestic charges were filed.

Guess I missed that. Every news outlet seems to be getting details slightly different, but most are saying dishonorable discharge. Never mentions any date, though.

Yep, system working as intended. No possible gun control would have prevented this, except moving BCD to a no-buy status.

He probably got it before he was in legal trouble with the military

>no possible gun control
except, you know, not letting rednecks buy assault rifles at all
>inb4 muh second amendment
which well regulated militia do you guys belong to?

>>>>>assault rifles
shouldn't you be over in /lgbt/?

i got kinda bad eyesight, but looks like a %80 lower. i see no markings on the mag well. could of built it himself

Possibly a private sale or an 80% build. I really hope that's not the case though. Either of those would be bad news for us.

>80%

zooming in on the receiver I'm not seeing any makers marks or anything.

Oooooooh shit.

Rip 80% builds
Time to move onto 79%

In Texas (and most other states) private sales do not require background checks. The law is simply that private sellers cannot knowingly sell to someone who would fail a background check.

its a Ruger AR-556. note the FSB, the delta ring, and the pistol grip.

Fuck off CNN, we're not here to do the reporting for you

>discharged in 2012
>living in Texas
Sounds like he was in Texas. He probably bought his AR off some /k/ammando who said fuck background checks

>he a salted me with his shaker mcboom boom bang

>bad bitch
>drops it like a bitch when someone armed shoots him

The rifle popped up in his goybook very recently. So him owning it before any DD/BD is unlikely.

It was a bad conduct discharge, not full DD.

Hi Vice. FFLs don't just "sell you a gun anyway."

>knowingly sell to someone

Steven King's the Dead Zone when he bought a gun half-dead

"Oh he's easy to identify AFTER"

>Magpul PTS airshit rear sight

>he was court-martialed and sentenced to a year in military prison for assaulting his wife and child, Air Force spokeswoman Ann Stefanek told The Washington Post

>the shooter purchased the weapon in 2016
With multiple convictions for domestic assault? Somewhere the system isn't working

did nigger vols delete my posts?

>magpull everything
>bushnell sight
Poorfags are the problem.

It's Texas. Nobody is gonna turn his money away from a private sale. They need that extra cash

>the weapon was purchased at an Academy sporting goods store

So the problem lies with the stores selling guns to people who shouldn't have them. Good eye user. Probably explains why over 70% of gang weapons found in Mexico come from across the border

You know good and well what the militia clause means.

what does it mean?

Dude, you should be embarrassed if pic related are yours

Only the XD is deserving of shame to be honest.

>Bushnell red dot
>Magpul polymer BUIS
>Magpul foregrip
>bad bitch

10 USC Section 311

gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/USCODE-2011-title10/html/USCODE-2011-title10-subtitleA-partI-chap13-sec311.htm

arent those the guns from that shooting in cali?
Yes they are.

It's another episode of gun control advocates not being able to read.

can't tell if bait or actually just mentally disabled

He must have just lied on 4473.
That's how I buy guns despite smoking weed everyday.

It's rare, but it has happened. Usually as part of a plea.

t. Former Leavenworth MP

what is private sale background check loophole

low quality b8

That picture is not high enough res to tell. I saw somewhere say it was a ruger brand AR15. The rounded trigger guard piece supports that theory.

Michigan should be pink, you only need a permit to purchase/CPL to buy a handgun privately in MI, you can sell anyone of age a long gun without any paperwork or permits

GTFO.

Well, didn't someone mention academy sports selling it to him? It must have involved a background check, which means he had to lie, and no one caught it.

This is bait

Ah, I hadn't read that yet. It's true though, apparently be bought it from a store. Whoops, someone at the nics is gunna have a bad day

twitter.com/JasonWhitely/status/927368252912816128

He didn't go through a private sale you dumb fuck

being this desperate for (you)'s

/x/ here
the shootings are planned and are happening to get guns banned

He doesn't say where he got that image.

probably straw purchased from one of his antifa buddies
I doubt as aspire as this guy was he could do a private transfer without creeping the guy out

How is a conviction by court martial not an automatic DD? WTF?

Most liberals are just saying
>well if we banned guns this never would have happened in the first place
>just because he stopped it with a gun doesn't mean guns are good, this should never happen

Meanwhile people are getting plowed to death by trucks but whatever.

Great state of Ga i never need a background check thanks to my ccl

Can we discuss how 5.56 IS effective out of short barrels?

>Not having a FFL yourself

>Transfers

>Filling out a 4473

Redpill me on becoming your own FFL? I purchased 7-8 guns in the last year and plan to keep on the same track; would it be more cost effective for me to be an FFL? Can I buy a ton of surplus 92S and sell them through Armslist at a $50 upcharge if I have an FFL? Does the ATF pester you over shit?

Easy, FBI fucked up.
Or more likely, his handlers ok'd the sale.

It's a pain in the ass, there are fees and interviews and the ATF has the right to inspect your business once a year. You are also required to keep all paperwork related to the business for 20 years. Fucking up in any way can lead to federal prison time. Also, you can't become an FFL just to expedite your private sales, you need to show some intention to actually use it to make transfers for other people like making a business out of it etc. Also I've heard the acceptance rate for in-home FFLs is quite low these days.

Checked and thanks for the info brother

GR8 B8 M8

They're two separate statements, also if we were in a militia you'd just bitch about us being right-wing nutjobs who formed a militia.

Paperwork going 20 years back what in the utter fuck?

If the second thing is true then you can be sure he was pushed to do it on the fifth because it was perfect timing to cover up the paradise paper leaks and whatever was happening in Saudi Arabia. Then they cherry picked some video frames and told everyone that trump somehow fucked up feeding some fish and this is somehow worse, and now some massacre and fish feeding is all normies think happened this weekend.

Yeah bro. The Feds are not allowed to keep transaction info on file but it's the law that FFLs have to, and the ATF has the right to inspect said paperwork and also come to your house or place of business and inspect all firearms that are the property of that FFL (not including personally owned firearms.)

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

right of the people dickhead. not right of the militia.

they get periodic audits from the ATF that goes through their books and logs, they would immediately lose their license and face legal repricussions if they did this.

CNN is saying bad conduct
>Just less than a dishonorable discharge
I would think CNN would be trying to discredit the nics, so if it was a dishonorable, they would be milking that.

Or they might be misrepresenting a DD as a BCD so they can say "look, he bought it legally, guns are the problem." We'll need to see what the air force says because the news is just that untrustworthy these days.

True. What I want to know then is why was a man who was court martialed and spent a year in military prison not DD'd? I thought a DD was pretty much the automatic result of conviction by court martial...WTF is wrong with the air force? I guess once they start letting trannies and women in, all the standards start to slide

Well if you want to go full conspiracy theory you could say that getting him to do this was a project years in the making because the CIA now dictates almost everything important that ever happens in this country on a day to day basis years in advance.

It isn't a loophole, for one

>How is a conviction by court martial not an automatic DD? WTF?
the military does this a lot, they'll put up the stiffest punishment only to tone it down

>He was court-martialed in 2012 for assaulting his wife and his child, and later received a bad conduct discharge from the Air Force, in addition to confinement for 12 months, and was reduced in rank.

What does 12 months confinement mean in the military? Is that actual jail time or is it "no personal leave and limited access to anything but menial tasks"?

>Is that actual jail time or is it "no personal leave and limited access to anything but menial tasks"?
it's up to the discretion of his superiors

It's not a short barrel. It's a regular Ruger AR. Generally speaking, 5.56 is best over 2500fps, which would be the argument against pistol length barrels.

So does that count as a misdemeanor domestic abuse charge or not? That alone would be enough to lock him out on NICS

I'm no expert, but it definitely should! The question is whether he lied about it on the 4473 and no one caught it, or if he admitted to it but it didn't count as a misdemeanor assault

The police don't even know which it is so, yeah, just gotta wait.

12months yeah, that is weird, but there are after the fact associations that fight to get things like that reduced, the info I'm seeing now says it was a DD and he got it reduced to a BCD after he was discharged.

They are cracking down on FFL applications these days since a lot of people were abusing the process. You basically need to have a business first, FFL second. This would mean selling shooting accessories or other sporting goods products while any initial firearms purchases or sales would have to go through other FFLs. So it's a rather large investment.

>Magpul polymer BUIS
Tell me how polymer BUIS are inferior.

this honestly. you see the militia propaganda piece vice just put out?