The second amendment is a privilege, not a right

The second amendment is a privilege, not a right.

Proof is the fact that people can lose their "right" to own a gun, if they get in a domestic dispute or whatever. You can even lose your "right" to own a gun for a fucking MISDEMEANOR, if your wife claims you shoved her during a fight or some shit.

How is this a "right" then? Imagine if people lost their freedom of speech because they said something libelous in the past.

It's not a right. Quit calling it a right, idiot. Learn what a fucking "right" is.

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/unalienable
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SHALL

You can lose any right numerated in the constitution as long as it’s through due process.

>bill of rights

"The Bill of Privileges"

Yep, sounds Right.

It's a right. You can lose any right via due process. Life is a right. The government can take your life by due process. That does not mean that the right to life is a fucking privilege granted by the government.

I'm not going to argue with OP...

The Constitution says right there... "the RIGHT to keep and bear arms".

The 2nd Says government can't fuck with that right.

>written constitution

Amerilards I swear.

>It's a right. You can lose any right via due process. Life is a right. The government can take your life by due process.

It's not a right if it's dependent upon behavior.

You guys don't know what "rights" are. You guys are the stupid ones.

LolbertArian loses Facebook argument. Begs for responses on Sup Forums.

Sage

You can lose your 1st amendment right if you threaten violence against someone or your religion believes in polygamy or human sacrifice.

Try again

How does it follow that you can't lose a right if you commit a crime?!

Non Sequitur.

Lets take your argument - that a right is something the government can't take away.

Given the death penalty, there ARE no rights.

Since there are rights, your definition of what a right is wrong.

>We can't change that law because someone wrote it was a bad idea more than 200 years ago!

This.

"The right to bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence. The Second Amendment means no more than that it shall not be infringed by Congress, and has no other effect than to restrict the powers of the National Government." --U.S. v. Cruikshank

Because it defeats the WHOLE purpose of checks and balances between the People versus the State.

If the State can systematically remove the rights of the People then there is no more bulwark against tyranny. Which is the long-term game plan, BTW.

Note, the Rights come from our Creator, not the State.

> We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

> unalienable Rights

unalienable
[uhn-eyl-yuh-nuh-buh l, -ey-lee-uh-]
adjective
not transferable to another or not capable of being taken away or denied; inalienable :

dictionary.com/browse/unalienable

Yes you're right. We must repel those laws restricting gun right on the basis you just exposed. You're a great advocate for constitutional rights, OP.

By the grace of God

Well regulated means well armed and supplied you fool. It means they are as well armed as the national army. With artillery and shit.

>uses wrong version of amendment to argue
thats why you dont get an opinion

Fake news.
Also sage.

THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE

The 2nd is far more than a privilege, and more than a simple right.

It is an inalienable right that supersedes any rights given by a government and shall not be denied or abridged.

We've been through this already.
Over and over.
As before.
No matter how many times you post it.
Change the picture.
Change your approach.
You have never changed one mind to your side.
Calling people with contrarian beliefs, idiot isnt going to work either.

Until you have the balls to come to my house and strip me of my privilege, you are nothing but a worthless fag.
Like Wil Wheaton.
Just running your mouth.
And if i ever catch you on my doorstep, I will cut that mouth right out of your fat face.

Bill of white privilege.

You're both using meme flags, but thanks for the Devil's advocate Gunther.

rights with nothing to back them are privileges