How fucked am I?

I voted for my land today in based Virginia Beach
Fags Richmond, Norfolk, and Alexandria fucked it up for the rest of us
It was a really tight race and va previous governor was blue so it’s not really a loss as much as a missed opportunity.

But give it to me straight Sup Forums

What’s worse case scenario for having Northam as gov?

MS-13 will probably kill everyone you know.

The worst case scenario is when the Republicans lose their majority on the Virginia State Senate, either through the death or resignation of an incumbent Republican senator that requires a special election to replace him or her, or if the Democrats capture the Virginia State Senate.

This will create a Democratic trifecta in Virginia state government and will basically allow Ralph Northam to pretty much unilaterally implement his agenda.

As long as you keep the Virginia State Senate red, then Ralph can't really do too badly. In fact, I don't even think he's going to be much worse than Terry McAuliffe. I mean, it's impossible to be worse than Crazy Terry?

...Right?

Nah-they’ll just kill the moron libs that open their doors to them
Most people I know are military or ex military that stay strapped

Virginia will be the new California

RVAish here. Did my part for the good of the republic.

I’m sure it is...

What’s the practical? What kind of power does he have as governor? Is he gonna fuck up our schools and push inappropriate sex-ed lib agenda on my kids? Can he raise my taxes?

>It was a really tight race

lmao no it wasn't. Almost 300,000 vote led so far

Fucking norfolk VA will be the downfall of the state. So many "historically black college and universities" all ran by uppity unqualified blacks with degrees from "historically black college and universities"

The last based user of RVA

2% margins

Is this your first election?

Anything that Terry wants to pass needs to go through the Senate, and as long as the Republican controls the Virginia State Senate, he will have to compromise with them.

He can probably try to implement some of his agenda through executive orders. I am deeply concerned by him wanting to reinstate the "Buy one gun per month" restriction.

Also, I don't know what the fuck he is on sanctuary cities. One day he opposes it, then he supports, and the opposes it again.

If it will soothe your fears though, at one point, he was conservative/centrist enough that the Republicans wanted him to switch parties in the Virginia State Senate.

Let's see what happens.

Norfolk state is a roach infested joke

how have the last 6 years been under Terry?
thats exactly how they will remain after tonight.

The governor makes a lot of noise but nothing comes of it because Republicans control the State House

Oh and to add to this...

The Virginia House of Delegates, from what I understand, now has a Democratic majority. So unlike Terry's case, Ralph has an easier time passing his agenda in the state House.

However, the state Senate will probably not budge. Not unless he tries to get a Republican state senator to switch to the Democratic party or to "persuade" him to vote for the piece of agenda he wants passed.

So, honestly, I don't know. We will have to see what happens when he gets inaugurated and does...whatever he has campaigned on. Like, what is he actually going to do on sanctuary cities for instance?

Sounds like pay to play politics

If the state has elected a shit tier governor how can we stop them from fucking up the senate?

>now has a Democratic majority.

Not quite... although it looks like they might come out of it with 16 new seats, which will put them just barely in the minority.

Try to keep the Republicans in the Senate majority, and in addition, try to elect more Republicans to the Senate besides the one-seat majority that they currently have.

Luckily, the Virginia State Senate was not up for election this year but it will be up in two years time.

In fact, I remember that in 2015, Bloomberg and his Everytown for Gun Safety group or whatever bullshit he's peddling had put in a lot of money to have the Democrats capture the State Senate but were defeated. I'm pretty sure we can still resist them from getting the Senate and prevent Ralph Northam from doing anything too bad.

But it will require perseverance and effort though. Bloomberg will probably invest more money into the Senate races this time and we'll have to fight back. Hopefully by that time, the Virginia GOP has recovered from its loss in 2017.

Growing up here I can’t imagine the people in VB putting up with “sanctuary city” nonsense
NOVA probably would, but being that Vb is literally next door I don’t think they’ll pursue it since Norfolk is literally kissing our asses for a piece of the tourist cake our economy eats yearly.
Richmond would in a heartbeat though
That place is so desperate for attention

this is our only hope now to be honest

It sucks growing up here and watching my home slowly turn into liberal cuck garbage