Nerds beware

networkworld.com/article/3236064/servers/minix-the-most-popular-os-in-the-world-thanks-to-intel.html

Your conmputer CPU is running its own independent miniature operating system, with full driver control and a web server for easy remote access should ((Indian tech support)) want to check out your system without you knowing. But it's okay, you don't have to worry – even should you want to you can't disable it and you probably won't even notice its there, in fact you're not supposed to.

NSA cucks, their proxy organizations, and a million private interest groups are monitoring YOU! But only pedos and (((other undesirables))) need to be worried, so take the chill pill.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/corna/me_cleaner/wiki/How-does-it-work?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think it's not in old intel cpu's so just get a old pc

I might be wrong though i just remember richard stallman talking about spywar in the new CPU's.

spyware*

My CPU was made just before Intel built processors with their Management Engine.
I'm rather lucky to have a semi-modern 32nm 6-core, 12 thread machine that can clock above 4.4Ghz

Also Sup Forums has known about this for so long we don't even make threads about it anymore.

Didn't read the article but it's probably the Intel Management Engine. It allows a person at one terminal to have FULL ACCESS AND CONTROL at the motherboard BIOS level of every computer on the network including the ability to boot from network to run hardware diagnostics.

When I was building my comp 2 years ago I read through it and thought that's great for businesses, but a giant fucking open back door for hackers on a home PC.

I guess my next PC will be running on a rasberry Pi or something.

It is the Intel Management Engine. These things have been known for a while, don't know why there's a thread in Sup Forums about it.

In the very, very unlikely event that a person is doing things that are so bad a three letter agency will commandeer their ISP to implement a network hack which bypasses the use of a VPN and accesses the IME (or any other CPU manufacturer's security processor implementation such as ARM TrustZone) that person deserves what they get.

Tinfoil hatters can argue my statement but we still have crazy people mass murdering, fanatics grouping up and planning shit, and pedos passing around child abuse, and they aren't caught if at all until something happens.

the problem with any inherent backdoor is that once it leaks everyone has access to it.

You'd have to assume that not only are ISPs are fundamentally insecure but the CPU manufacturers have leaked or had stolen the access/operational information to these functions.

Given that dedicated hackers are barely able to work within the most easily accessible levels of these security processor domains it's beyond unlikely that anyone will ever crack into your machine this way.

Yeah
I'm sure everyone has access to OP's leaky backdoor already

So just buy AMD products instead, just like I've been doing for the last decade?

Intel ME's been packed at least since 2008.

The internal google PDF is pretty good.

>but we still have crazy people mass murdering, fanatics grouping up and planning shit, and pedos passing around child abuse, and they aren't caught if at all until something happens.
yeah, they're called the government

but seriously, crime is ancient, it's not something you can stop preemptively, and no government in human history has stayed benevolent for long
like, this has been around for years, so has all the bullshit the NSA and CIA have been up to, they haven't helped crime at all, because that's not what they're being used for and it never will be

i hope they like anime

Soo I turn my computer off when im not on it. Cant hack the bitch if its not on.

Nah, your 3930k is fucked. You gotta disable the Management Engine.

AMD has their own, PSP. You think the powers of the world would be thwarted by you purchasing your CPU from the only other available option?

>he is telling me something I've known ever since quad core CPU's and Winblow$ 7 came out.

Way ahead of you op, I even troll them

remember children, you should only keep personal data on a computer isolated from the world wide web.

Wrong. The talk on it is coming out next month, but the ME allows your computer to be hacked even while turned off.

If there was no power to the chip that has the firmware on it, your BIOS could not start your computer when you push the power button, nor could it be powered on remotely over the network which is a feature.

>but the ME allows your computer to be hacked even while turned off.

lol you retard, you hard drive needs to be powered up to access any data off it.

I can see it though potentially being a thing on a thing in SSDs computer. But not on a platter type HDD.

>It allows a person at one terminal to have FULL ACCESS AND CONTROL at the motherboard BIOS level of every computer on the network including the ability to boot from network to run hardware diagnostics.

So say something bad on israel and the NSA can fry your mainboard by some faggot in an office building changing your BIOS setting.

way to go Intel, but then again, anyone that purchases kike hardware should be realizing what theyre getting themselves into.

And what controls power to the hard drive smart guy?

Let this moment sink in, try to remember what it feels like to be wrong... It feels exactly the same as being right. Understanding that might help you break the cycle. You don't know how your computer works, what makes you so confident you know how it doesn't work?

or just install a manual switch on the cable leading to your hard drive.

flick it off every time youre not using PC.

I know well enough to understand that NO ONE CAN ACCESS THE DATA ON MY Hard DRIVE IF THE PLATTERS ARENT SPINNING.

I dont own a SSD and I suspect that why they are trying to make them popular, theyre probably a lot easier to hack and access than these

but go ahead and hack my ram, perhaps you'll find something of use there. lol

That's smart, but it wont protect you from ME keeping the power on to your system memory for data exfil. But why are we all talking about our computers being hacked while they are off?

So what exactly do they do at the NSA data center in Utah?

And doesn't this violate the fourth amendment?

>But why are we all talking about our computers being hacked while they are off?

well fuck

I really dont know

Bra, they know every single thing you do on the interwebz. Look into prism, it collects and stores everything you do. Pwn'ing solo objects on a pc is chump change compared to what NessA can do. Also look into vault 7. It goes into detail on how they pwn every OS, every browser, every router (Important, if you own the router you own every device connected to it). Also, they prefab maleware into hardware. There is no privacy, and that upsets me. It 'should' be targeted at bad people...and for a reason. Not every person on the planet. Especially not children...and it is. It's the power of god to own entire lives and personalities. There is 'no privacy' if you use the internet, and that is sad. The only way to opt out...is to opt out and be amish.

>jews giving a fuck about your right.

AAHAAHAHAHAAAAHAAAHAAHAAH

why are american goyim the most naive goyim I ever seen?

Didnt bush junior literally say to your faces on TV that your "constitution" is just a god damned piece of paper?

y'all got short memories bro

Where do I find an unpozzed laptop? Do I have to buy an old one or a Thinkpad or what

What I'm saying is they can spool up your platters. They can't mask the sound though.

SSD's aren't easier to hack, your HDD has its own firmware which is updateable just the same. HDD's are actually easier to hack for a non state actor because the firmware is more straight forward. Another perk is you can make it sing a song as it writes nonsense over all your data.

ME could be made to store data from your HD or keystrokes to ram and exfil while your system is off but this is all kind of silly as it would happen just as easy while your system is on.

>what is the 4th amendment?

>Tinfoil hatters can argue my statement but we still have crazy people mass murdering, fanatics grouping up and planning shit, and pedos passing around child abuse, and they aren't caught if at all until something happens.
The government doesn't care about pedos, murderers, or criminals.

Break off that piece of the chip like trimming a sim card or just use amd.

how can you be so slow?

You can’t possibly catch every one, they’re too good at what they do. That’s why they can catch people who rob stores ez

probably posted by the same brainlet user that's spamming it on Sup Forums, despite having been told this multiple times.

Yeah its a set up 2 chip manufacturers,2 operating systems,nsa and gchq taps its a deepstate saltwater injection 9th month ritual abortion of a state.

But we have to try to clean it and them up.

>If you have a modern Intel CPU (released in the last few years) with Intel’s Management Engine built in, you’ve got another complete operating system running that you might not have had any clue was in there: MINIX.
>Early versions of MINIX were created by Andrew S. Tanenbaum
>Tanenbaum, was born in New York City and grew up in suburban White Plains, New York. He is Jewish.

github.com/corna/me_cleaner/wiki/How-does-it-work?
>Download your firmware
>Run this script with -c, if it finds a ME image, run -O with another filename, flash that new modified firmware
>Enjoy faster cpu
Macbooks can be flashed but requires a raspberry pi and connection to chip, some intel devices like compute sticks have their own custom zip style update package that contains a ton of EFI modules that aren't compatible with this too. Gigabyte motherboards and @bios seem to work particularly well with this.

Eat some more rotten fish did we?
Anders really was doing the right thing.

Trimming? Explain...