Are cryptocurrencies secure? Should governments step in to regulate them?

Are cryptocurrencies secure? Should governments step in to regulate them?

Other urls found in this thread:

ATEch.net/pol/res/10841879.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, they're risk capital. That's what makes em so valuable.

yes if you arent a pussy that has weak hands

no governments shouldnt regulate them

>implying crypto wasn't introduced by the government to slowly make paper money disappear

As if they could do shit.

Go to /biz/ and take a shot for every pink wojak you see.

oh shit, better get over to
and look for melting down wojacks

shit, beat me to it

i left /biz/ because every fucking thread became about shitcoin, shitcoin, shitcoin. Go to /biz/ right now and look at the catalog. I guarantee you there are at least 50 shitcoin threads, and all about different shitcoins. You can literally make up a coin name in your head and it likely already exist. I bet you there's a pinkwojakcoin or some kind of wojakcoin out there.

FUCK YOUR SHITCOIN PONZI SCHEMES /BIZ/ YOU'LL NEVER GET THE MONEY UNDER MY MATTRESS

Fuck off cunt, government destroys everything it touches.

No, if I were a smart man, I'd know that anything on the internet can have a viri attached to it. Imagine if a bitcoin had a viri attached to it and when transferred would destroy everything in the wallet it comes into contact with. It's a completely viable idea.

Yeah the board is shit. Just people complaining about their life.

Much better to read something like Rich Dad, Poor Dad for a beginner.

Somebody exolain the ponzi schemez on alr coins.

Are they creating coins and promoting them so people start to buy them making a rise of the price and then the first dudes that hold it went to the market and sell everything for a very hiher price?

Yes.

They cannot regulate crypto, the most they can do is tax it, it is early capitalism wild wild west, with impossibility of direct government control.

>secure

No, "Nakamoto" doesn't exist, Bitcoin is a CIA scam for a global currency. Actively traded and tracked by feds and elites.

>Should governments step in to regulate them?

The shadow government already does, and in time, so will puppet govts.

yes goy, we need to regulate the bitcoin

Yes, creating a cycle of shilling for coins until they end up going busto, then repeating once they hit rockbottom again.

I imagine a smart guy could just hang around on /biz/ all day, wait for the pink wojaks to start showing up, then buy at rock bottom prices, then sell them, causing more pink wojaks, and repeating this process over and over.

Everytime you make a trade in bitcoin (buy or sell) you have to pay a fee AND taxes?

I remember when /biz/ wasn't all about crypto and people actually discussed business.
It's sad man.

Do you think there are people on /biz/ that are basically neets that the only thing they do everyday is trade cryptocoins?

Are they like Neets but lucky to have invested a small sum of money in the past and now they have a good amount of capital?

research XRP my friend

Depends on the exchange and your countries tax laws. But most likely yes on both counts.

There is, (I'm not one) but it's getting harder the past few months to make huge gains.

Nice jacket

It's a novel idea but honestly it's all a house of cards right now. Get in make your money and get out before it collaspes.
Crypto has no mainstream future.

>t it's getting harder the past few months to make huge gains.
Why?
Then I have to calculate the transaccion cost And the tax cost and try to have a higher gain every time I made a trade?

We should be honest though, people have been saying this since 2011 when shitcoin was at $50. Now it's at $6000.

HAHAHAHA pink wojaks.

Is even worst than that when you think about the mining farms of computers.

The amount of resources that are being used to create virtual things is insane.
At least when you spend resources mining gold you have a real thing to show.

It`s fake news BTW. Because Ethereum is Russian*-made cryptocurrency, that is better than other currencies existing.
By.
1. Providing quantum-safe encryption. Unlike BTC, that will be obliterated by quantum computing.
2. Extending the service with complex contracting and owning rights on the coins.
Unlike coins, that just replace BTC encrypting algorythm with a quantum-safe and call it a day.

*in ethnic sense

They fear the Russian. Because the Russian will purge their dirty crooked schemes.
Hail Trump.

Its just been a bearish market, alot of big ICOs failing, though if you'd just bought Bitcoins in Aug, you'd have doubled your money right now. Transaction fees are usually pretty small, like .5% going from fiat to btc or as little as .005% trading on exchanges.

>tfw standing in line for 2 days to buy a loaf of bread for ethereum
>get to the front of the line
>sorry comrade no more bread would you like to buy some ethereum
>open mouth to reply
>get dragged out into the forest and shot with a machine gun on suspicion of being a potential refusenik
>fall into a shallow grave with holes through all your major organs
>find an acorn at the bottom of the grave
>it appears to be edible
>today was a good day

The entire point of crypto is that the government can put as many regulations as they want on it, but they can never stop people from using it, or taking it away.

Governments have no business regulating money. That they mis allocate capital so atrociously, is their deepest darjest secret.

>Should governments step in to regulate them?
Honey, they already did this. There is a ton of regulation when it comes to crypto. This shit is far away from the wild west it was like in 2011

All in XMR for the next 2 years. If you know the planet is a degenerate hellscape you may's well profit from the degenerates.

kek nip never fails

No and no.

This. They can only control the on/off ramps by regulating the exchanges.
I.e. BTC, etc -> USD, etc.
On another note, Greg Maxwell is trying to limit Bitcoin's utility by keeping the Blocksize cap at 1MB.
I.e. He's bracketed.
For anyone new here, recommend reading /r/btc to balance your perspective. There's a reason 80% of miners support 2X and it's because increased utility = increased value.

Vos invertis en bitcoins u en otras moneda argibro?

Oh I see, I think that in my shitty country is more exoensive, but everything is more expensive here

>Should the government X?
Fuck off statist

>The amount of resources that are being used to create virtual things is insane.
Bigger the blocksize, the more efficient this becomes. 32MB blocks, for example, would mean it uses 1/32nd of the energy currently used PER tx (assuming mining power remained the same).

>Should the government X?
Fuck off statist

Which is what makes them great..the government knows i have 30k in the bank.. They dont know i have 6 times that in BTC and theres shit all they can do about it

they're already regulated. when exchanges and private companies and banks started dealing with cryptocurrencies, they require proof of identity to exchange crypto for cash. unless you deal entirely with wallets or peer to peer it's nearly impossible to use them. some states it's "illegal" to purchase bitcoins with cash. they did this all under laws created for anti terrorism shit and drugs and laundering for moving money secretly or in certain amounts.

ATEch.net/pol/res/10841879.html

Essential reading

>if I were a smart man
>a viri
american education