Buddhism

Does anyone have some good sources on buddhism? I'd like to learn more about actual Buddhism based on the work of burmabro but everything on youtube is soyboy faggots talking about peace and love.

Other urls found in this thread:

accesstoinsight.org/
puredhamma.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it'd be a good idea to ask this question on a message board about religion instead of a politics board

>implying the two aren't inextricably bound

>8 jhanas
>"Knowing and seeing" by Pa auk sayadaw
>Rupa kalapas

I keep seeing ads asking me to donate to the rohingya rat men who are being removed from the land they squat on. Does anyone know how I can donate to the based Buddhist bros instead?

Yo they are based-tier, I actually have a list of based bros (religions)
>Buddhists
>Sikhs
>Hindus
>Pagans
Okay tier
>Muslims
>Satanist
>Bahai
>folk religion
shit tear
>Judaism
>kikestianity

Thanks m8. Any jewtube I can listen to while doing other shit? Listening to an Alan Watts lecture on the topic at present.

Japanese Zen is the non gay Buddhism..

>every time
You faggots just cant stop trying to poison the well can you?

Nah i mainly read books.

Zen is only one sect in Japan. There's like half a dozen other Japanese sects. The issue is I'm not sure what the difference is between them.

Ah well, thanks for the books.

In australia Ajahn brahm in wa seems to know what hes talking about. Theravadan buddhism. Very practical and science like in its approach. Zen is zen. Diff approach. Best book Treasury of the true dharma eye by Dogen. Koans and shit. Prob enjoy if on Pol.

Cool, will check them out too. Thanks again.

The thing about buddhism, is that it was created by a dude who imported shit from his OLD belief system, knowing about buddhism won't help you quite as much if you don't understand its origins. Go read mahabharata and ramayana, friendo. Also, for kicks and giggles you should familiarize yourself with daoism, as it's of a similar bent to buddhism.

Anjam Brahm is not bad but in terms of depth of learning coupled with accessibility it is worth checking out the lectures by Bhikkhu Bodhi.

Probably reading through the first 4 chapters of Radhakrishnans text book on Indian philosophy would suffice as they go over the essentials of the Vedas>Upanishads>Baghavad Gita and then Heterodox schools of Buddhism/Jainism/Charvarka.

If you're disgusted by peace and love, buddhism is not for you my friend. I'd suggest islam or that kike on a stick.
>also 1 post by this id

accesstoinsight.org/
puredhamma.net/

know that the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ the Lord and Savior, Champion of the Heavens and Earth

Chad Buddhist

>inextricably bound
>wants to be a buddhist

ohboi.jpg

Buddhism may be interesting, but will only lead to Hell.

If you are serious go to buddhanet.net
avoid any "buddhist" forums, especially rebbit, they're just uniformed arrogant cunts. Only learn from venerable monks.

Yes this, id much rather support the just and noble buddhist protecting their home lands. I am with them in spirit.

I am the Child of two Sokku Gakkai Buddhists and they are arguably the most peaceful sect. They are primarily based in Japan but are known worldwide, Orlando Bloom is a practicing member and I have met him here in the UK. Ignore the liberal preaching hippies, Buddhism is genuinely about finding purpose and an inner sense of self, defending yourself when attacked is something that is basically encouraged and standing strongly for your beliefs and for the freedom of humanity generally is a large part of it.

>Buddhism may be interesting, but will only lead to Hell

Wrong, the universal energy field we feel has sentience to a certain degree. It is in essence the same as a Christian God but taken far less literally.