The Once-Fearless South Park Shies Away From the Biggest Target of Our Age by Lara Zarum

laweekly.com/film/the-once-fearless-comedy-shies-away-from-the-biggest-target-of-our-age-8775422

Here, instead of pasting parts of the article I'll break it down for you:

>WAAHHHHHH why doesn't South Park make fun of Donald Trump every single episode since he became president?! WAHHHHHHH how dare they in the past make fun of Hillary Clinton!

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalpost.com/entertainment/television/give-me-the-shivas-unlike-whitebashed-tv-of-the-past-transparent-puts-jewish-identity-front-and-centre
larazarum.com/work/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>la weekly

Two words.

Too Easy.

Don't know what this is about and as someone who's loved South Park since the 90s, I'm glad I don't. I'm so fucking weary of political shit. I just want South Park to parody TV and movies and lampoon larger cultural trends. Fuck the headlines, fuck picking a side, I just want funny.

Wasn't that their 'reason' for not going after God Emperor?

>God Emperor
Who?

Don't they get tired of that sort of joke being in ever other show?

This guy gets it.
/thread

She's kinda cute

Didn't they have an episode where Canadian Trump get's raped to death.

Jared Leto II Atredies, the God Emperor

Or since every late night show makes it part of their intro. It wouldn't be edgy enough.

Because Trump is good.

A joke that some actually think is serious idolatry

Matt and Trey laid off Brittney Spears too when she was the hot new trainwreck. They said she was a low hanging fruit and wished her to get well.

They literally blew her brains out

yea when its material being blasted every night by every talking head.

What's left honestly?

Some 40k faggot

Didn't they have TWO seasons with Mr. Garrison as Trump as a running gag?

Besides Comedy Central The President Show, an entire show for Trump jokes, and The Daily Show. Does she think CC needs three different shows for the same subject?

I'll just leave this here.
nationalpost.com/entertainment/television/give-me-the-shivas-unlike-whitebashed-tv-of-the-past-transparent-puts-jewish-identity-front-and-centre

Jews are white.

I think her name isn't on that but it was linked here:
larazarum.com/work/

I don't even have to ask if she's an Echoberg do I?

see

Jews are white except when they want to criticize white people (so constantly), then they like to separate themselves from white people.

I think your best bet is to make fun of the policy and the ridiculous nature of people around him/his sycophants. Somebody SHOULD make fun of the current situation because it's a madhouse, but everyone is making fun of the guy himself. It's too easy and stopped being funny years ago. I cringe every time I hear a tiny hands joke- I don't care if it's true, I'm tired of hearing it. It's not adding anything, it's just tired mess that reminds me of thr fucked situation we're all in.

Most Jews are white, but there are some that aren't.

It was more about the reaction and how far tabloids are willing to go to bank on celebrity controversy.

You’re not white shlomo oyveysteinberg

This is a thing that bugs me. Jews get all the white privilege that non-Jews get but they get to duck out of the criticism. It's not fair.

>look at me im so intelligent for disagreeing with everyone
you fuckers are the reason we lost. it was her turn and you fucked it all up for all of us and now we have to sit here while drumpf fucks the country up

t. xeno scum

>it was her turn
To be so smug about the certainty of her winning that she didn't even campaign in three states? States that switched from Blue to Red and had enough electoral votes to swing the election

In all seriousness, please don't tell me they actually believe this. Because that would mean America is fucked because Trump sucks and so are his most vocal opponents.

Today I learned that Israel is in Europe.

Today I learned that the average Sup Forums poster doesn't understand the difference between ethnicity and religion

I voted for Hillary.
"Her turn". This isn't a playground election.

Excuse me. Are you high.

Kill yourself if you’re not being ironic

He was mocking that slogan despite voting for her.

Well we got a playground president so it might as well have

>he thinks jews are just a religion
>wrong.gif
They are genetically different from whites.

Or maybe, just maybe, Trump jokes are overdone

The entire industry has been shitting on the guy nonstop for the past 2 and a half years. They already dedicated a whole season to shitting on him and it sucked.

No, I'm just saying how I see things. So many Jews get to pass as white, but when whites come in for criticism, Jews get to go, "This doesn't apply to me, I'm Jewish."

Thank you, at what point would we stop clapping for south park over being repetitive. Trump is laughable would stop being a good punchline half way through the season and the writer of this essay would laugh like a seal throughout the season.

>despite voting for her.
That’s why he should kill himself

Oh South Park they're so edgy and hardcore, they don't care WHO they offend

oh wait they're scared to make fun of the president now?

two more votes Sup Forums and I'll send myself off. I believe in you all.

>Biggest Target of Our Age
(((weinstein)))?

I miss episodes that had nothing to do with current events. Like "Cartman Joins NAMBLA" & "Woodland Critter Christmas".

No shit but often times Jews will conveniently consider themselves to be not white as a way to try and weasel out of criticism when it's being directed at white people.

Yeah we need more of those. I'm disappointed because they said this season was going to go back to the boys being kids but it's the same old what's by in pop culture we've had for the past decade

Pretty much, same reason they didn't go after bush

>implying NAMBLA wasn't a big deal when that episode was made

Looks like almost everyone forgot how little Dubya was blasted by them since it wasn't worth the effort.

literally who

>various african american groups have tried to coin the term "yellow privilege" to explain the "phenomenom" of asians seemingly being better treated than blacks
>it was almost immediately shut down by the asian american groups

> how do you do, fellow white people?

I swear, these people have nothing better to do than stir shit up

>Canadian Trump
¿

Something something terrible purpose?

>Biggest Target
Didn't SP make fun of Shkreli though?
>inb4 Shkreli defense force
Fuck off, the guy intentionally paints the target on his head and watches the toothless hate go his way.

>I miss episodes that had nothing to do with current events.
That was never a thing with this fucking show, they did a fucking Terri Schiavo episode THE DAY BEFORE THEY PULLED THE PLUG. The show always thrived on current event story, you probably just weren't paying attention to the news then.

>these people have nothing better to do than stir shit up
They're taking our jobs?

Already been said, you cant parody a living parody. America lost all credibility in 2016.

whose fault is it that they pass as white? A common stereotype people like to point out is how they like to state they're jewish.

I would argue that the Auralnauts Darth Trump parody, and Serafinowicz Sassy Trump, are such perfect parodies that
South Park would not be adding anything to the table.

He's so colossally narcissistic that he is almost beyond parody.

Hillary is similarly comically narcissistic that is hard to parody, because, like Trump, she is so absurd it is hard to exaggerate what is already visibly there.

Nigga they've been doing topical content since the show started. Like, I don't see how anyone can say otherwise. The only difference is that the serialized story last season didn't work as well as the one the season before. That's literally it. Why people have decided last season was when South Park ""got political"" boggles my mind.

Do you guys ever just think about the shit humans say or write sometimes and think, wow, I wish I were fucking dead?

Well it wasn’t a divisive issue like other episodes. Like seriously, who would take the sides of people who literally want to have sex with kids? Therefore, it wasn’t dreadful to watch.

So basically you're a child and can't stand people having a different opinion in your grown up cartoons

Thank fuck someone isn't a total plebian

I feel like president jokes aren't really South Park's style in the first place. South Park is about taking controversial topical issues and merging them with non-controversial topical issues or fronts to satire the whole situation.

President jokes are a constant of "controversy," which ironically makes them boringly safe applied to South Park's style.

>whose fault is it that they pass as white?
It's...the color of their skin's fault?

What are you even going for here?

Didn't they do an entire season around it before finally getting tired of the joke?

Thinking about it, South park hasn't done a Dune parody, as far as I know.

they must have shit taste in SF

>"it was her turn"
Historical determinism is baloney, you pinko.

Their obsession with Star Wars and George Lucas can attest to that.

That's what I was asking.

They literally had an entire season dedicated to ripping on Trump. Why don't people watch/play/read the shit they talk about?

>Like seriously, who would take the sides of people who literally want to have sex with kids?
>posted on Sup Forums in the CURRENT YEAR

That wasn't making fun of her. She could've been any broken celebrity, the point was how parasitic tabloid reporters are. She was heavily sympathized throughout most of the episode with the boys often feeling bad that no one would leave her alone even after a heavily botched suicide attempt.

I don't watch South Park but didn't they do a whole season about the election?

So wait, they DID make fun of him when he was a candidate, but won't now he's president? That's... kinda cowardly. Or suck ups. Not sure which.

Either way, morally reprehensible.

Nice bait. Take this (You) for your trouble.

I remember NAMBLA. Parker and Stone, while I still think they're massive fags, did good when they ripped that piece of shit apart.

I thought nambla quickly faded away after the 70s.

It's a Warhammer 40K thing, and if you haven't read the _Redeemer_ comic you should. You don't need any 40K background really, but it helps to have read some assorted 2000AD stuff.

Anyway, there's this Immortal God Emperor guy whose fate is to lead Humanity. He works tirelessly for something like 40000 years to put things in place for the Great Crusade to make the Galaxy great again.

Then when he's about to kick the whole thing off he realizes that his feet really hurt, so he sends off billions of conscripts to do the job. And everything is good for ever and ever and everyone loves the Emperor except aliens and deamons and such, because they're losers. Sad.

i'm guessing that with the late show turning into the trump is a jackass funtime hour, i guess they didnt feel the need

i mean, it's actually kinda ... admirable

they're actually taking the effort to look for other things to satirize

Pretty sure they did go after Bush

The lengths edgelords go to to defend a hypocritical, spineless show

South Park already dedicated an entire season to trump. I think they deserve a break from focusing on him.

>that sole comment
Whoever did that gets my own personal didgeridoo up

"they draw a line when it comes to examining themselves, and that’s white American manhood in a nutshell"

She claims to know what manlihood is about. We're dealing with a ibtolerant and unreceptive person.

Of course Sup Forums would think this

I haven't watched anything of the new season, but honestly that episode where they had him build a Canadian wall was hilarious

Why does EVERYTHING have to be about Trump. All day all night on tv on radio in real life. Give it a rest once in a while jesus.

"Trump Derangement Syndrome". Saw the same thing with President Shrub and President OBongo. So this was moved to Sup Forums because discussing a cartoon about politics is "too political".