If God is good, then whence cometh evil?

If God is good, then whence cometh evil?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KMDWWDZ8ozE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

By refusing God.

from our actions that we choose of our own free will

for the emperor

God.
The Lord of Universes created both 'good' and 'evil', as befit the Prime Mover.
Don't be deceived by the honorary jews.

For good to exist, there must be evil. That is the balance.

God doesn't adhere to your shitty Christian beliefs. Fuck off back to the desert you kike pawns.

If god is all-powerful, all-knowing and all-present, all-good, why does he allow evil ?

Jews

Evil comes from the devil, you want to see rejection of god look at European youth and see their nation’s collapse into anarchy because they have accepted communism which sister Lucia warned was an ultimate rejection of god. We are fighting a cultural war user Christianity and nationalism or atheism and cultural Marxism. The destruction of heritage or preservation choose wisely user or god will denounce you.

>demons of old from when the dinosaurs first gained consciousness that Lucifer tried to lead with the Talmud and fucked everything up for us until now

>insulting christian beliefs
>posting an archbishop quote
I like your mettle, friend.

>devil
>Creating anything
fuck off devil worshiper, taste the edge of my blade in the coming war.

From the Jews.

All Abrahamic religions are an ego trap designed by Talmudic followers
The truth is in the bible but mixed with lies to bind your soul (Religion means to bind)

From OP's faggotry

Actually Christianity explains it the best, that's why I converted, after I realized it's the truth. Still non-denominational though.

explain how?
Cuckstainity blasphemes the Creator by making him incarnated into a man and exalted devil by making him the "opposite" of God, which is very unseemly.

How would we know evil without knowing good?

God is good.
You aren't

the absence of god, this really shouldn't be hard...

If God is Good
No God is no Good
Then Good is God
Evil is no-God

Devil isn't involved there in no way.
Human can be God-inspired even if they don't believe in God.
To perform an evil action you must deny God beforehand.

How is de Devil the opposite when he is not more than a mere Angel (means messenger) with a despair message?
You need to study more, dude.

>If God is good
If God is true neutral, then fuck your imbalance

the Devil is a jinn, but you're right. But ask most christians, they'll say that evil came from the Devil while good came from God, which means that the Devil is the opposite of God, just like late Iranian blasphemy of Angra Mainyu being the opposite being of Ormazhd (Allah)

how are there so many people that don't seem to understand the concept that you can't have free-will while at the same time denying entities with free-will the choice to instead choose evil?

you can't make robots that only obey commands programmed into them, but that have free-will. That's a contradiction in terms.

you're literally asking nonsensical (and low iq) questions like "why can't God make blue and red at the same time!? He must not be God if he can't make the impossible, possible!"

stop being low iq!

If God is complete why wouldn't he be in center of all questions?

Nope God needed to save man from his sinful ways, so he gave us his Son, which is really him just in another form. Position is everything in this universe God is exalted but so is his Son.

Each one has his own prestigious role to play. The Father is the King, the Son is the Prince. Being the Prince he inherits his Father's Kingdom without the King ever needing to give it up. Meaning neither will ever die, these roles are eternal.

Christ is the literal embodiment of Life it is said so in the Bible with the Title "The Prince of Life". He was sent here as a mortal to deliver the word of God to us, because we had not salvation. Righteous people, good people even believers of God were going to hell. I believe this is due to original sin.

So God needed to intervene and when Christ died on the Cross he too went to Hell, saved the righteous from all and ascended to the Heavens after the third day. I also know alot about this because I'm an occultist.

More and more I learned Christianity to be the most accurate, inadvertently. It evens talks about rebirth, that once we die we should hold Christ and God in our hearts and believe on him. So we'll be reborn in Christ and obtain true life.

brain is computer with input and output streams. Free will is an illusion, wake up.

You lifting your arm was result of your brain trying to prove for itself it has free-will.
Yes it was. It was a direct cause of my challenge to your worldview. You are a robot.

If God is neutral relative to everything, because he is at the center of everything.
For God to be good relative to humans, humans have to be evil relative to the center

He is, and He does.
God is nearer to you than your jugular veins, your soul come and will return to Him, and your every actions are made possible by God, Who maintains all the rules of this world.
If He wishes, all things may be inverted, may be gone, that is the prerogative of the Creator.

Why would God send part of His being 6000 years after creation of the world, and not at the start?
Why would God has sons, princes, like a common human king? Who is His bride, who is His Father?
A Prime Mover is so unlike anything in this created world, and you christians are so self-centred and anthromorphic you can not believe this is so. God opens and closes anyone's heart as He wish.

He also delivered Christ to us as a messenger for God's will (Word), and his son as a sort of conduit (Salvation). I mean you've all should have noticed it, every time in the Bible, when wickedness and Sin claimed the Earth he would wash it away. Cleansing it, each time to start anew he did not want to kill all of Man off.

But we will once again go through a cleansing, as sin has taken root. Which will be Tribulation.

Just like how we know anything else, by studying it and submitting it to intellectual inquiry in a framework that generalizes well and makes predictions.
You introduced free will, argued against it, and somehow claimed that this was my argument. Textbook strawman. Why can't something that can do everything not do something? Well either he can, or he cannot do everything.

you lifting your arm is caused by God's rule, linking your [mind/soul] to your body, which is a miracle in itself. Each of us are crafted by God, who is Almighty.

Then why didn't He send this alleged son to Noah, when the world has been cleansed of all?
Or to Adam and Eve, who you believe has not been forgiven by God, the All-Merciful and All-Forgiving?
Salvation is essential to mankind, which is why even maltheists like Buddhists work, even when they rebel against God's plan. This is the Mercy of the Creator.

I often wonder if you guys realise how utterly insane you sound. You know literally none of that makes an ounce of sense right?

I could explain it in the occult sense it's much more direct and easier to understand. I guess you would like to hear that?

Because it was necessary, and the right time at the right place, position is key. God has Sons because he embodies the family unit, like we do our existence simply emulates that (Why Marriage is so important).

This explanation why essentially answer the other user's question as well.

Bad news for you. Allah is the djinn.
Ishmael was left in the dessert to be consumed and perform as an enemy.
Satan means literally adversary, Ishmael was designed to do the Devil duty against Israel.
Good news: you are so ignorant that probably God forgives you.
Bad news again: I've unveiled it for you, so you have now the chance to convert yourself, but you can't allege ignorance.

So is God neutral and man is evil or is man neutral and god is good?

If god is good, why did Hitler lose?

You should probably leave a thread about theology then. I think you're in the wrong place.

Whateth the fucketh Areth youeth chattingeth oneth abouteth

Loaded question, god isn't good. Only the god above god is good. God is evil. So that leaves us with an evil god and a god of light.

>muh holy Israel
okay honorary jew, have fun being secondary goyim-cattle, cucked in your own worldview.

>God embodies family unit
anthropocentrism, narcism.
Did Adam's creation embody a family unit?
Roman paganism really did a wonder at you guys.

>why can't God make 2+2 = 4 as well as 2+2= 5?! Proof God doesn't exist!

There's really no point in trying to explain to you why God created Order in the universe and chooses not to repeatedly break that Order just to appease low-iq people like yourself.
You want for there to be no evil in the world, yet also want your free-will. You can't have free-will without the risk of evil.
Any evil in the world exists because people CHOOSE to disobey God and His commandments. It's really that simple.

athiest fucking plebs equate love with being eternally happy. Thats why divorce rates are fucked oh no we hit a rough patch, quickly divorce for a better start. You can't divorce life for a better start lifes struggles really do shine light on them moments of bliss. Love is having that moment where u think it could be over but persevering through because its worth it. Not constant sugar pies and fucking rainbows because that shit ain't real. And that's why they expect god to be some sort of nannystate faggot because thats what they want of the government and of every higher power

Because it is God's will, it wasn't just alleged he wanted to cleanse man of his sin, but also the abominations of the Earth.

Also Christ has not yet been born, the other thing is it wasn't necessary to send Christ to Noah as everything was following his God's plan thus far.

God is good, God is neutral, God is evil. God is above all three.
Man is pure, but Shaytan and his compatriots are everywhere, and man's will is tainted because that is the test of God in this mortal world.

Gnosticism is incoherent, because an evil God would surely obliterate you or anyone questioning Him (which doesn't happen ergo it's wrong), but still more coherent than Romano Imperial Cult called nicene christianity, so good luck friend.

I didn't realise theology was meant to be completely separated from logical thought. My bad.

Uh yeah he did, Eve the Wife and Adam the Husband and they were said to have children. I guess you didn't read that part? Essentially we're drifting further and further from God after eating the apple.

God told them after eating the apple we would surely die, and we did.

Is it something along the lines of
>Man was a creation in God's image
>But man(woman) ate an apple and man is now impure
Doesn't seem like something a good person would do...

>because an evil God would surely obliterate you or anyone questioning Him
Unless there is a god above him protecting me that seems to have more power.

If man's sins weren't cleansed, how did Enoch reached heaven before your Christ?
Roman, hear me: you are deceived and you are in error. Repent now and God who is unlike you or me or anything who was ever born and died in this world will forgive you. If not, then let He who Counts and Balances judges you in the Day of Retribution, and when this universe ends only then we all know the Truth without error.

Augustine bashed your gnostic shit 18 centuries ago.
Pic related.

>muh holy Israel
>muh i have no arguments because your book
Nah, Israel has it's own problems, the sanctity of Israel has been corrupted by Mammona, and they will be purged again and again like in the desert.

satan
geez that was hard

You just called me insane, that's not an argument. That's your own personal opinion and bias, I am incredibly logical infact I have found out as much as a scientist has in quantum phenomenon from studying the occult.

I find each easily blending with one another, just a different way of looking at it. I think I will stop here I have better things to do, like gathering knowledge, useful knowledge.

>Augustine
Augustine was fucking wrong, just like you are.

Who is Adam's Father and Mother in your cosmology?
Adam is parentless, he is the first, directly created and morphed by God.
Isa is fatherless, he is directly sent and given to Mary's womb, but he is not a son of anyone except Mary. This is the virgin birth miracle.

Thus Man grew proud, and think of himself as the Creator, and thus will he be punished for this hubris in this world and the next.

>I want free-will
again, you insist on this strawman. How deluded are you? Point me to the sentence that I wrote where I said I wanted free-will.

But didn't man become impure by eating the apple in the garden of eden?
So God is testing people? But why does God create a universe just to test people? Wouldn't a much simpler system be enough to test people fully, I can imagine earth more as a side test in a Gods testing plan, not the main test.

I will say I am not entirely sure of Enoch, I do remember him but vaguely. Alot of that is covered up by the Church, but if I were to say special circumstances. Some of us are greater than others.

faith isn't based on reason, dumb logicposter. if it was, it wouldn't be faith.

Incoherent, because spiritual and material worlds are interlinked. Proof: you can rationalise these words in your mind, which doesn't exist in your brain, and actualise it using FINGERS driven through your nerves by electricity.
A malevolent physical "God" would surely leave your "spiritual mind" in prison and control your physical body, which doesn't happen, ergo gnosticism is incoherent.

think of it as GPL vs BSD licence.
GPL forces any forker to release it's software's source code and BSD gives any forker freedom to release their software however they want.

Touche.
An almigthy interventionist (good) god would've sided with Hitler instead of commies.

again, you're low iq if you can't understand the salient point of this thread.
this topic is clearly out of your skill-level, please leave and let the adults discuss this.

Actually we are trapped in a different manner, which is why we are according to science trapped by fate.

No, Adam and Eve sinned by eating the forbidden fruit, but they apologise and repented and was forgiven by God Himself, who created man and woman as caretaker of Earth and this mortal world, whose descendants will populate and enjoy and destroy as they see fit. This is God's plan. The consequences are His to give and to take.

The main test is your belief, words, and actions. It is not in our domain to ask why God give us this time, this generation, this people as test, but to act inside it. A white man will never be a black woman. A Chinese will never be an Arab. A crippled (mashaAllah) being will never be fully healed. But we are all servants to God and works inside His plan.

>If God is good, then whence cometh evil?

Free will... you do NOT have to follow god laws...
You have a choice to obey the will of God or not.

evil is caused by attachment

That does nothing to answer anything. Is it not evil to allow the existence of evil if you have the power to stop it? And if you are worried about denying free will, like this delusional poster's strawman, how can there be free will if God is all-knowing?

if you can't grasp what that the root issue of your question is about free-will, and why God created it/allows it, and how it pertains to the possibility of evil, then this topic is clearly too difficult for you and you should leave this thread for the adults to discuss.
I'm sorry that you're low iq, but please, stop taking this out on the rest of us.

woops, responded to myself accidentally lol

Friends, the true answer is “ God can permit evil to bring about a greater good”

I am asking why evil exists, not if free will exists. Are you claiming that evil exists because free will exists? How does free will exist if God is all knowing. If God knows you will shitpost on Sup Forums tomorrow, are you free to not do this? That would violate the existence of God, since he is by definition all-knowing.

Very well, I guess I will say it. In the occult, actually I will post this first.

youtube.com/watch?v=KMDWWDZ8ozE

This is 100% accurate, Christ and God are the Light. At first there was nothing and then the Light. He even said in the beginning "Chaos of Waters". Meaning order did not exist only the randomness of the void did, God was the Counter-Thesis to this.

The Void had no shape, except when the Light came into being, it being a force of order defined it even if unintentionally and vice versa. In many cultures women are considered to be negative and chaotic.

But, those are the purest forms, darkness chaos and light order. Order can take a child of darkness and convert it to the light. Like Chaos can, meaning women born of Man, who were born of God are pure. But that origin will always lie mostly with Chaos and the idea of Lilith (Like aspects).

>assuming I tested my the truth of my free will

If you believe that only the coming of this "son" wipes out Adam's sins, then why do Able son of Adam is accepted by God after his death? Why do Noah deemed the most pure person on Earth, if Adam's sins hanging beside his soul? Why do Cyrus the Great, Dzul-qarnain, worshiper of God through the heathen fire, was deemed a Messiah (and he was) and promised Heaven by the prophets?

Hear me, Roman. Christ being "son of god" is nothing more and nothing less a fiction of Paulus of Tarsus, a Jew trying to make the general Romans with their fetish for demigods to be less antisemitic. Nothing more and nothing less. Which is why when Christ returns to Earth, all of you will be in tears from all the lies and wasted time. I just pray that God will open your heart and your soul before that time, if the End does occur in our lifetime. Naudzubillah.

Evil is the hammer of the forge.
Without it you will never be tempered.

the existence of evil directly contradicts the existence of a omnipotent benevolent deity.

And theologians so far haven't been able to come up with a convincing explanation that isn't ad hoc or unfalsifiable.

Free Will
If we didn't have it we'd be slaves

from a western perspective, the book of Job is the best explanation of why evil exists. it exists because God can do whatever the fuck he wants, but he can also just as easily make everything better and better than it was in the first place.

Well, I'm not questioning the meaning of the test for people individually.

I'm talking about testing on a macro scale, if you build a system with 100s of billions of galaxies possibly more, why would all your focus be on testing one group of people?

Wouldn't you at least populate multiple planets to test more if testing was your main objective and you just created the universe?

>Are you claiming that evil exists because free will exists?

Yes... that is evil which does not obey the law of God.
Why is this difficult for you to understand? You have free will, YOU decide your own actions... does God know what you will decide? It does not matter.. you still make the choice.

God is more than Light. God is more than Darkness. God is primal, the Alpha, before Light or Darkness exist, and exist forever after Light or Darkness cease to exist. God is nothing like anything in this world, for He is beyond His creation utterly. Chaos is beneath God. Order is beneath God. All those are mortal creatures, not ever-existing. There is an end through the start.

So he can end evil, but chooses not to?
Then whence cometh evil if not from God himelf?

"But suppose God is outside and above the Time-line. In that case, what we call "tomorrow" is visible to Him in just the same way as what we call "today." All the days are "Now" for Him. He does not remember you doing things yesterday, He simply sees you doing them: because, though you have lost yesterday, He has not. He does not "foresee" you doing things tomorrow, He simply sees you doing them: because, though tomorrow is not yet there for you, it is for Him. You never supposed that your actions at this moment were any less free because God knows what you are doing. Well, He knows your tomorrow's actions in just the same way—because He is already in tomorrow and can simply watch you. In a sense, He does not know your action till you have done it: but then the moment at which you have done it is already "Now" for Him."

What makes you think you're free?
What determines the behavior of the human brain? Newton's deterministic views of the randomness of Shrodinger?
In what society are you free to do as you please?

Yes, God is the Lord of Worlds (Universes)
There might be other humans, or even other versions of >(you), in other worlds or other planets or other dimensions. Only God knows.
If we are ever given the knowledge and skill to cut through the barriers, we might be able to know for certain, but for now all we have and all we need is faith.

>expertedly "forgetting" to quote the remaining text that shows free-will and omnipotent God cannot co-exist
WEW I guess I DECIDED to do EXACTLY what GOD SAID I WOULD DO?

if I was God, I'd let humans have free will to commit evil.
Free will wouldn't be just doing good things, as that is not free.

yes, evil comes from God. good comes from God. Both are creatures, and only hold meaning through God's actions and creations.

Indeed. Humans (and djinns) are given free will unlike angels, and so that we may sin and that we may repent and choose the straight path to Him.

Because only a good god would give you the freedom to disobey him.

>He does not know your action until you have done it, but then the moment at which you have done it is already now
So which one is it? Go on, is he all-knowing or not? You realize your quote literally says he does not know and he does know at the same time in the same sentence? What a ridiculous quote 1/10.

You're exalting those things in that Order. I do agree God is above it, he is at the center of it all "a solitary flame". But God is positive, an all loving deity who loves us. He is at the epicenter of everything, Chaos does exist and it will be the false Messiah when it arrives on this Earth, and Hell will follow with him.

the absence of god, duh
this is like sunday-school-tier theology you baka

chad monasteries? no

Evil comes from matter. Matter comes ultimately from god, but it is completely removed from god. Therefore evil is the complete separation from god. Matter is a receptacle so by the imposition of order a body can be aligned with god and good.

and only a deluded ruler would claim he is perfect when his people suffers

>but for now all we have and all we need is faith.
Why would God test faith? Like why does God test humans on their belief in him?
Shouldn't an all powerful God who's interested in testing mostly be interested in testing data, not test subjects?