I truly don't understand Walmart...

I truly don't understand Walmart. I went into one for the first time today and every price seems to be the exact same as every other store I've been in. How are these allegedly "cheap" prices?

I call conspiracy played up by the media

Other urls found in this thread:

princetonreview.com/business-school-rankings?rankings=top-25-online-mba-programs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they used to be cheap

Yes that is why competition works.

It was cheaper awhile ago. I think the main thing is that it's a giant department store with groceries. People can literally do ALL of their shopping there without going anywhere else.

As I understand it they open up shop somewhere and price everything low as fuck. In time all the local businesses go bankrupt, and when they have a monopoly they bring the prices back up.

This could just be propaganda or something, but I read it somewhere.

this. they'll operate stores at a loss if needed until they've cornered that regional market.

Honestly I just go to Wal-mart for the convenience and don't give a damn about the prices.

stuff on the center isle is sold at or below cost, everything else is higher than Kmart, target etc.

it's all the same chink shit that is sold at all those locations of course.

this is exactly what they do. they will even over saturate and open up more stores than the local economy needs until everyone but them is out of business. Then they close the stores they don't need and leave them to rot because nothing else ever moves into the property.

Walmart here is cheaper than 90% of the supermarkets.

they definitely are cheaper
go to the auto parts section, the oil on sale there is like $15 cheaper than at advance/auto zone

They have Walmarts in Brazil?

MBA here. They use a price tactic where the low quality item really is the cheapest. But when you go up in quality of item the price does too. You are tricked in believing “well if this low quality item was cheap, then this medium or high quality item must be cheap too”

It’s a strategy to get people in the front door and it works.

im in a rural area.

walmart is king because it basically has everything i need. its not about price, even if it was marked up a couple points, i wouldn't care.

I live in a small city upsate ny. I'm sure everyone knows this tactic but when walmart first came they had cheap ass prices and made all the community stores close and then later they raised the price up.

Amazon is the new Walmart.

Is it morally wrong to steal from WalMart?

Only certain things are cheap. Everything else can change in price.

Why do you think these stores ALWAYS have sales? Traditionally, a sale means the dealer or owner is taking a hit to force demand.

But now even the markdown price can be twice the amount they bought it for with these huge retailers.

didnt work in my town. i'll pay the extra at my local grocery store just to avoid going to walmart

Yes, at least in my state.
pic related is in my city.

top globalization

That's old theory, which is why MBA's are worthless. They teach you history, not practice. Wal-mart is currently promoting it's curb side service and home delivery. They realize people don't want to come in the front door because there are niggers every where and pee on the floor.

Can confirm it's not even close for most products in my area. If my grocery bill comes to $100 at Wal Mart I'd easily pay $115-$120 for similar goods at Kroger or the local chain. Plus while I'm there I can pick up whatever random stuff I need for my house. Today I bought a door lock, some gun trigger locks, groceries, and a retractable dog leash.

I also like that it triggers Euros and cosmopolitans in a way that ordering from Amazon doesn't seem to bother them.

Its morally wrong to steal, period. If you’ve found yourself in a position where you need to steal out of necessity, then you’ve made several poor decisions prior that have lead you to that point.

They're not supposed to be cheaper than other stores (unless you're a nigger or spic and go clothes shopping there) they're just a super store where everyone buys their groceries

>fpbp
>this^
>/thread
Wew lad. So much truth summed up in five easy words. I now live by the five words!

You can go to Target and get the same shit for a penny more. Ever notice how Wal-Mart prices always end with an 8, instead of a 9?

Eg. 9.98, 0.98, 99.98

You obviously didn't go in one because their prices are NOT x.99 like most other stores. When you're buying a lot of stuff, pennnies matter

In my area they undercut Kmart by a dollar.

The Kmart like most others is going out of business.

Kmart doesn't have long to this earth.

Hopefully Target has the good sense to take the Kmart's store space here.

I'm the same way, but not everyone has the luxury of making these decisions. I will gladly pay $8lb for grass fed beef raised in my state, as opposed to $5.99lb wal-mart pink slime beef carpet. My meal is two dollars more, no biggie. A family of four would pay $10 more for their meal. Maybe the difference between gas and no gas.

Walmart has single-handedly dominated and destroyed local businesses, malls, and competing big box retailers.
It's sad when I drive around my hometown and see all the strip malls that use to businesses in them with cars packed in the lot now empty. Malls barely have anyone in them.
But thems the breaks adapt or parish.

Walmart is cheap for things to which dollar pinchers are sensitive, like paper towels

Stores like Ikea, H&M can have better products at lower prices in their specialty area

Walmart's business model is to get cheapasses in the door for the cheap stuff, then sell you a bunch of impulse crap you didn't need

The walmart by me was the only place that didn't want to charge literally hundreds of dollars for newborn photos

>going to walmart at 5 am to get all that half off chicken breast

who /cheap/ here

5 decades of stagnating wages has consequences

i always talked crap about wal mart but when i lived in the phillipines for a year i would have killed to have a place like that locally.

Target is just a more pretentious Walmart.

Nah their prices are low.

Lol history not practice? Listen you stupid fuck they are doing this now. Just because they expand their strategy and services doesn’t mean they just magically abandon a successful strategy. It’s simply evolving. And yes MBAs are not worth as much as they used to be....

There are only 2 categories of businesses that are going to escape the Wal Mart - Amazon squeeze. 1) Businesses that sell stuff that cannot be shipped through the mail. Firearms stores should be sucking the government dick off every day thanking them for the FFL. 2) Businesses that are extremely niche or produce high quality (mostly hand-crafted) items.

In 50 years those will be the totality of your choices.

If you're going for groceries, the other supermarket chains give better deals. Varies by area. Wal-Mart is for convenience and it shows by the people who shop there. There are better deals out there if you're willing to look. For example in my area:

Kroger has a discount card along with seasonal discounts. The discounts stack. Produce is higher quality and cheaper too. They also have a very well stocked discount bin full of stuff people actually want.

Publix has weekly specials that put deep discounts on a particular item, on top of the buy x get one free. Good for items you were already going to buy anyways. Their baked goods are pretty tasty too, especially the rye bread.

US Aldi is nothing like German Aldi and buys overstock in the U.S. market, so meat items are very cheap there.

For a specialty item, H-Mart supplies import goods in mass quantities and the farmer's markets have hands-down the best produce and baked goods if you're willing to drive the distance and have cash/debit on hand.

However, driving like that is going to burn up lots of fuel to save a few dollars. To really save requires planning and people don't really plan grocery shopping as well as they think they do.

Nearly all of these places have one advantage though. Niggery and piggery that Wal-Mart is known for is for most intents and purposes absent or mitigated at these locations, all because it's only a little farther away.

>And yes MBAs are not worth as much as they used to be....

Can't imagine why
>princetonreview.com/business-school-rankings?rankings=top-25-online-mba-programs

Amazon is actually moving into etsy's turf, saw an add (I crochet so google analytics has me pinned as a craft fag)

Sometimes you have a junk drawer to sort and walmart is the only store that can scratch that itch

Walmart exists so we can keep the scum of society out of places normal people want to shop

They still are. They haven’t raised their prices as much as the other more expensive stores have lowered theirs to compete. Shitmart was literally crushing the competition. This is why Kmart died and why Target was getting owned.

>They realize people don't want to come in the front door because there are niggers every where and pee on the floor.
I really hate shopping at walmart. Most hours of the day it's like a refugee camp, literally, women with full burkas and screaming kids, nasty angry looking brown men.

Often times the non-food/clothes sections are poorly stocked, they're paying rent for a huge footprint and they can't get their brown employees to keep up with the stock. Wonder how low it will take to automate that Japanese vending machine style

I wonder what it was like to live in a white country. Must have been nice

Walmart's existence is propped up by being an export tax free conduit for cheap Chinese goods and were arguably one of the first stores to pull that type of shit.

>To really save requires planning and people don't really plan grocery shopping as well as they think they do.
Alot of families have both parents working and there simply isn't enough hours in the week to chase all the deals down (or at least, they're unwilling to spend their limited free time doing so). Retailers constantly play games, like shrink the package size without shrinking the price, so you have to constantly be on top of things

you mean, rural conservacucks whose communities revolve around wal marts? couldnt agree more.

Wal mart is cheap as fuck, literally the only store I can buy brand new jeans for less than $20 and t shirts for like $4.

do they sell Macock soup for uma delecia?

That cannot work today, people can google prices of everything. The only people buying low quality stuff are mexicans anyway

I mean exactly what I said, you numale hipster cuck. Don't twist my words.

Their jeans looks like those distressed hipster jeans in a few months. Their cloths just disintegrate.$60 for jeans or $30 for a shirt sounds like a lot in comparison, but they will last for years.

durka durr ur a faggot leaf

we need to give literally all our money to (((rich people))) u gommunist

can't buy guns at faggy ass target.

My town made walmart illegal, so now we pay insane amounts for shitty products. Your choice is Ralphs, Whole Foods, or over priced off brand markets

How bad do you think it would hurt Wal-Mart if we started taxing imported goods, especially from CHYNA?

What is actually wrong with "pink slime"
People will praise the native americans for "using all of the animal" but when we use all of the animal, we are criticized.

My Wal-Mart sells 2 liter sodas gor $1 and 2 fried chicken breast, 2 thighs, 2 wings and 2 legs for $5.
What more could one ask for?

The little bits of meat aren't the problem, it's all the processing that goes along with it.

yeah, walmart has McDonald's in store, Target has Starbucks. Fucking kill me

I don't think prairie-niggers soaked their meat in a bleach bath tho

The biggest problem is the ammonia they spray the meat with before they amalgamate it into carpet. Get some bleach on your ground beef and you have created a chemical weapon in your kitchen. Also, don't eat ammonia. It's not good.

same

True, not every opportunity is worth chasing and the packaging bullshit is definitely a pain. I definitely agree with that.

I wouldn't try to go to all those locations. I just limit to a farmer's market and international supermarket. They generally don't bother with the games either. Costs about the same due to increased travel expense but the ingredients are better. One trip, a few hours of prep work, and stuff it all in a chest freezer and now there's an entire month of food, portioned and ready to cook at a moment's notice.

ammonia, but same difference. always mix your bleach with ammonia. it makes it more better.

>department store
I thought their whole business was to not be like the department stores. Most department stores are struggling right now.

Correct...but it goes even deeper.

They get suppliers to sign up...who the fuck would not want to supply walmart?
Walmart keeps pushing on their production and asking for lower and lower prices until they also suffocate the company that makes a given product. Only the big boys can keep up. All new manufacturing is basically crushed as it grows.

Now with China and India, they have the best scheme going. Flood the market with absolute shit, who cares if you drop the manufacturer and crumble its operations, it was all Chinese manufacturing ponzi scheme. Chiina happy, wally happy...customer..who gives a fuck
Fucking spooky

>bleach with ammonia
Clean AND Fresh :^)

It's not the exact same. They usually end their prices in .85-.98 instead of .99. Over the course of all your shopping over a year you could save 150$ or more. Basically if you shop at walmart once a month you get a free lunch at a deli.

no don't get meat at wallmart. i go to the near by pricey store for meat.

This.

they use to be cheap, but then every brick and mortar store that couldnt keep up and went out of business.
That just left the dozen or so chain stores that allready imported their shit from china but jacked the prices WAY up, which breed out any ability to properly manage money (sears, kmart, circuit city, radio shack), and then those companies died off too.
now all we have left are walmart and chain stores that were forced to match walmarts prices. Just about any brick and mortar store you find is run by some faggot that buys stuff from banggood, amazon, and ebay chinks and then resells it at a jacked up price with the excuse of "well thats what you get for the price of convenience".
Go to any flea market and youll find a few people there that sell nothing but chink stuff they bought off of ali express and then larp like they "have access to distributes".

can confirm, big grocery stores do the same thing, products called "loss leaders" are sold not to make money, but just to take sales from other stores until the others can no longer compete

Thats what standard oil did before monopoly laws.
They would lower prices in specific areas just to kill competition.
Im sure walmart does it too. They had milk at $0.84 usd per GALLON( 4 Liters). they were at war with someone.
kroger started matching the price to keep up, but they never had milk in stock cause it flew off the shelves. walmart was able to keep it in stock. I would have bought from kroger if I could.

Yes, it is morally wrong to steal at all.

However, ask yourself first
>If it's WalMart, is it even stealing?

Kek