America what the fuck is wrong with your education system

America what the fuck is wrong with your education system.

Had a guest lecturer today from texas. she was arguing that "western fundamentalism" had a tendancy to look down on elements of other cultures which we dont understand and that must not allow this prejudice.

I brought up the following points.

First, this was an indian woman so her criticising the west IS critising a foreign cultue.

I brought up foot binding in the far east, honor killings and an indian tradition werein widowns are expected to self immolate at their husband funeral.

she had no answer to these things and got angry and said that i was being a "western fundamentalist" who lacked true morality

To this i said what is the point in universal human rights if they dont apply to everyone, then the lecture ended and she left with no discussion

Is this the standard American lecturer?.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@JordiScrubbings/national-security-goals-and-the-dancing-boys-of-afghanistan-e700086b697b
b-ok.org/book/2741115/99c8d7
b-ok.org/book/2667075/767d12
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

God i would love to fuck that

T'was bad that she couldn't defend herself.
But her initial point was right desu.

You should have said that now West has learned and do not criticize other cultures for their traditions
medium.com/@JordiScrubbings/national-security-goals-and-the-dancing-boys-of-afghanistan-e700086b697b

But western culture is objectively the best culture.

I believe Pajeet means western society does have a tendency to look down on other lesser cultures (because they are lesser)

i dont see why a bad idea is less so because a foregn culture thinks of it?

she was talking about gender rights (only from a female persepctive).. what cultre is more gender equal than the west and why are all of the barbaric curtailments of womens rights inflicted by other cultures accecptable

do we not have a duty to point out the fact that honor killings are wrong?

Yeah. Anyway, he's wrong.

she said we shouldnt look down on parts of other cultures that seem strange to us... fair enough but not if its something like forced self immolation of widows , thats just wrong

Sati(self immolation) shit has long gone. I dunno what's so good to defend such horrendous deeds.

Maybe there's some language barrier or she's completely stupid.

I'd love to hear some of her examples of things that "seem strange" in other cultures

>not listening to strong POC and her advanced sociological understanding of society

Hold still, drumpfkin.

>But western culture is objectively the best culture.
>says the guy whose ethnic group is going to become a minority in its own country in 2 generations because women vote for immigration and don't reproduce because they have to work/study

KEK, the lack of self awareness is so common among westerners

ireland is arguably worse with all the coalburning refugees welcome trash you have

i know its gone but the principle of the thing bothered me, all cultures have shat out terrible customs, and all terrible ideas should be able to be criticized by anyone anywhere.

iv been to india, my gf at the time had her picture taken several times by randomers on the street, when i chased one guy down and asked him why he said it was because she was blonde... some of you you have some really fucked up views on women, but in general are friendly , interesting intelligent people

there was no language barrier, she has been living in texas and teaching there for decades

.the example she used was female genital mutilation and male circumcision... to which i said that i am against unnecessary surgery as a rule..

im not master debater but she came with absolutely no support for her point of view.

i always thought Sup Forums was exaggerating the shittiness of american collages but if this lady was anything to go by then you all are right.

for what its worth collages in europe arent that bad yet, there is bias but lecturers always point out as many sides of the argument as they can and stress that everyone needs to find out as much as they can themselves.

this american lecturer was franky shocking.

You did good m8. Proud of you!

>Western Culture

a lot of things are arguable dipshit, but our education system isnt biased and retarded.

Yeah, he's a westerner so he would say that lol

>indian
If you want to understand her thinking I suggest you read Rajani Kanth's "Against Eurocentrism" and "The Challenge of Eurocentrism", I have no doubt in my mind that she's a big fan of his and hangs on his every word. He's a butthurt shitskin that unironically claimed that Europeans only managed to conquer the third world because the people of the third world were so wise that they simply allowed the white man to conquer them.

>b-ok.org/book/2741115/99c8d7
>b-ok.org/book/2667075/767d12

Indian woman are the worst. It amazes me someone actually graduates them as they are utterly worthless in the field.

>implying any of that is western culture and not the result of years of kikery
>implying that's where humanity is headed in the President Trump timeline
Back to the somali coast with you, M'bk'tou

>my gf at the time had her picture taken several times by randomers on the street, when i chased one guy down and asked him why he said it was because she was blonde...
Yea that happens a lot. Indians have huge love for fair skin to which I blame the British to an extent.

>Some of you you have some really fucked up views on women,
That's right as well, the pastbgeneration had very low literacy rate and the society was really harsh on women. This got passed on to the next generations.
However, I see this scenario changing at a very quick rate which is good.

>caste systems l for thousands of years
>British tried to end it
Britain's fault

It's even worse than that. Facts now take a backseat to feelings. Statististical realities are not only ignored, but if brought up you are a racist. Academia has become a brainwashing institution. Civilization is on the track dor collapse.

she's not dumb, just wrong.. part of me actually respects the amount of mental gymnastics needed to hold that point of view.

well i wish you well. genuinely.

im not meaning to slander a billion indians. this one lecturer just pissed me off today. if anyone is to blame its the yanks for employing her to teach and my collage for inviting her to speak.

Asking God to let you sin against you and her is wrong on so many levels user.

British rulers were colonial ruler and their main motto was ‘divide and rule ‘ so they put legitimate superiority of some caste and legitimate inferiority of some caste by calling some caste as ‘martial races ‘,some other as effeminate or cowardly ,yet other as untrustworthy etc.

They also take different action toward different caste to govern the country efficiently some are.

They started collecting information on social hierarchy of caste i.e.,the social order of precedence in particular regions , so to the position of each caste in the rank order. This effort had a huge impact on social perception of caste and hundreds of petitions were,addressed to the census commissioner by representatives of different castes claiming a higher position in the social scale and offering historical and scriptural evidence for their claims.
The land revenue settlement and related arrangements and law of British people served to give legal recognition to the customary (caste-based ) rights of the upper caste
At the end they passed the law Government of India Act 1935 to give legal recognition to the list of ‘scheduled’ of caste thus instead of helping this downtrodden castes they codified and solidified it by giving legal recognition .

Thanks mate.
May I know what are you majoring in?

College in America is in large part an employment scheme for useless people and their useless degrees. Social science in particular has no real support and are easy to tear down.

>its the yanks

Exactly. It was the Anglo burgers who taught her to think like that.

neurobiology. i also take a module in politics and global development

This is a good explanation Indian bro, thanks for the info.

You are still a shit people though and your underclasses need to be sterilized.

its the yanks fault for employing her to teach....

It’s called cultural relativism.

I’m kinda sad that you don’t know the Marxist postmodern is 101.

Manusmriti documented and justified the caste system thousands of years ago, so don't go blaming us for something we never created.

No, it's a bad explanation. Read the above.

You are correct. British only exploited what was already there.

>western fundamentalist

Nice. I wish you the best.

I just wrote the absolute facts. You might still want to justify their deed then yea go on..

It's absolutely western culture.

Feminism is a product of western civilization, it's undeniable.

It was subverted by domestic and foreign agents looking to create a race of mindless automatons to work in factories and never question authority. Read "The Intentional Dumbing Down of America" for further details.

They weren't facts at all, they were specious declarations. We put no superiority upon any caste that wasn't already viewed as a superior caste within the caste system itself, our treatment of the different castes was borne directly of the home behaviour of the people of the then India - basically, we followed your lead. For thousands of years your upper castes have been lording it over the lower castes without issue, but as soon as the evil Englishman does it it becomes something to whine about. I fucking hate Indians.

It's your fault for letting her teach there. If I had control we would gas all soft social science majors (ironically of course, only ironically).

As a native Texan I disavow this "Texan" Fuck that cunty bitch.

Yeah, that sounds like an American college.

Which uni was this in?

an n.u.i

>but as soon as the evil Englishman does it it becomes something to whine about.

You wrote:

>British tried to end it

I'm saying British used it as per their convenience and selfish colonial gains.

which?

how do you expect anyone to learn objectively

>user was sent to hell by God for this post

if i was going to tell you i would have told you

I never wrote that, this board has IDs so use them. Yes, we used it for our own gain - and you gained massively too! - but you tried to portray it as though we materialised the system specifically for our own gain.

>you gained massively too.

You dun goofed!

Dead end statements are no use to anyone, even if they do make you feel like a victor for a few minutes.

>First, this was an indian woman so her criticising the west IS critising a foreign cultue.

If she was raised in the U.S., then you're wrong.

I brought up foot binding in the far east, honor killings and an indian tradition werein widowns are expected to self immolate at their husband funeral, she had no answer to these things and got angry and said that i was being a "western fundamentalist" who lacked true morality

That is a valid point; at what point should cultural differences take a step back for decency? When should morality come into play? However, it doesn't make sense with regards to this next line

>To this i said what is the point in universal human rights if they dont apply to everyone,

None of the examples you mentioned infringe on the universal human rights that are dictated by the OHCHR.

Tbqh, it sounds like the professor was caught up in your "you're indian which means you're not american (despite being from texas); therefore, despite your education, you have no say in this conversation that you are hosting" argument. That alone would make most lecturers want to leave because it is a poorly thought out and irrelevant point that seems like a recipe for a hostile fight rather than a rational discussion.

She's probably used to a bunch of dumb millennials not asking any questions to her lectures.

Kikes have infiltrated academia decades ago. Why are you so surprised?

>how do you expect anyone to learn objectively
kek. how fucking new are you?

>she was talking about gender rights (only from a female persepctive).. what cultre is more gender equal than the west and why are all of the barbaric curtailments of womens rights inflicted by other cultures accecptable
>do we not have a duty to point out the fact that honor killings are wrong?
Judging by the way Western women behave today, I'm not sure we're the ones who have it right, friendo.

European fascist-traditionalist culture, sure
but western culture today? lol

I just want to make sure that you know I am frustrated.

Yeah. Sorry, Liam.