Why are americans so retarded about the imperial system?

Why are americans so retarded about the imperial system?

In metric, one milliter of water occupies one cubic centimeter, weighs one gram, and requires one calorie of energy to heat up by one degree centigrade, which is 1% of the difference betwen its freezing point, and its boiling point. An amount of hydrogen weighing the same amount has exactly one mole of atoms in it.

And even worse is the time. When i worked in germany i could work 5.5 hours which is 550 minutes and i could just put down five and a half and be done.

In america on the other hand i work 5.5 hours, this somehow means i worked 330 minutes, and when i write it down this means not really 5.5 but 5.30.

Its so fucking complicated? Why don't just take 100 and be done, everything ads up nicley?

Fucking hell, america is so fucking retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrieminute
askawiseman.com/metric/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Agreed, I hate KPH, Im a MPH guy and in Formula 1 its all KPM so i dont know how fast they're going.

I blame the EU

its the kikes, look up the height of washington monument

Wait no i dont agree REEEEEEEEEEEE

Burger/Anglo system 4 lyf

>When i worked in germany i could work 5.5 hours which is 550 minutes
>In america on the other hand i work 5.5 hours, this somehow means i worked 330 minutes
wat

>the metric system uses time differently than Imperial
What

>WAHHHAHAHHA IT'S SO COMPLICATED TO ME

>You're retarded for not using something a simpler measurement grammar I to accommodate my plebeian commie-fried brain.

>arbitrarily designating things based on water
>he doesn't use eV to describe everything
>not setting meters = seconds
if you're not a theoretical physicist don't even bother talking about units m8

how many miles away is the moon again?

>how do I memorize it
same way you memorize the times tables and school, kid

>Germany uses metric time
Not even France uses that shit and they invented it.

>time is perceived differently and somehow German people work more minutes in 5.5 hours.

It explains a lot, honestly, but you should still consider immolation.

>metric
Slave to the Jew-metric

The way we measure height really is retarded, because it's so confusing. Three different people can claim to be 6feet tall but in reality 1 of them would be 183cm (6feet flat), another 185cm(Strong 6 foot, borderline 6'1), and 182cm. (5'11, borderline 6foot.) In Murica they're all technically the same exact height and will argue about it, because some are noticeably shorter or taller than the other. Whereas everywhere else in the world those three people are recognized as being of different heights.

or you could not be a subhuman and learn both.

Long story short? People hate change. We spend centuries using the British Imperial system. Everyone understands it and can relate to it and since we are the dominant country economically and culturally, we saw no reason to change. Is it backwards? Sure. It means one the rare occasions I drive in Canada, I have to drive at a ridiculously slow speed with higher number s than I'm used to. It means we backwards Americans don't always understand what everyone else means when the talk about temperature, distance or liquid capacity. But then, we never had a n airliner fall out of the sky because someone confused liters for gallons during the transition. That happened in Canada. Twice.

If metric is so great, why do we not use metric time?

Time is measured the same in both metric and imperial.

>And even worse is the time. When i worked in germany i could work 5.5 hours which is 550 minutes and i could just put down five and a half and be done.

10/10 OP

Both systems are arbitrary, you bunch of imbeciles.

Imperial is popular because it uses real-world quantities that people experience on a daily basis.

A meter is based originally on a fraction of the distance from the north pole to equator and currently on the distance light travels in an extremely tiny fraction of a second. Those are great for science, but neither are quantities which the average person can easily imagine in a relatable way. On the other hand, the foot is immediately relatable - approximately the size of the average human foot. A yard is three feet, about the length of a single pace. It's nowhere near the exactness that science would require, but right away you can quickly and easily estimate distance simply by walking it. A liter or milliliter of water is arbitrary for the average person and generally not a very useful amount, a cup of water is immediately understandable.

As for the time, I have no idea what nonsense you're spouting there. Literally nobody in the world does anything remotely like that.

>The way we measure height really is retarded, because it's so confusing.

subhumanly retarted but good for memes.

>In metric, one milliter of water occupies one cubic centimeter, weighs one gram, and requires one calorie of energy to heat up by one degree centigrade, which is 1% of the difference betwen its freezing point, and its boiling point.

PEAK IMPLICIT

>10 milimeters is 1 centimeter
>10 centimeters is 1 decimeter
>10 decimeter is 1 meter
>10 meter is 1 decameter
>10 decameter is 1 hectometer
>10 hectometer is 1 kilometer

this is the metric system for measuring distance, its the same for measuring weight and fluids. so now you americans know how it works. never forget it.

>Both systems are arbitrary

no they are not,!!!!!! read OP 2nd sentance again. Translating from mph to kmh makes me pissed of with your stone age measurements...at least you dont drive on the wrong side of the road.

>its the kikes, look up the height of washington monument

yikes, what was it again?

>implying we dont use metric here

Well, parts of Kentucky do.

Wait, what the fuck are you trying to tell em there's places that have hundred minute hours? That's bullshit.
Anyway, you're arguing the difference a between a practical system of measure and a scientific system of measure. And for most people most of the time the more practical system will be better. The relation of one unit to another doesn't matter if the unit itself isn't useful.

> Wait, what the fuck are you trying to tell em there's places that have hundred minute hours? That's bullshit.

We have 100 minutes in a hour you fucking idiot, thats why we get so much work done.

My country officially aligns with metric, but you can ask any canadian how tall they are and they'll all give you a measurement in feet and inches. We also measure volume in cups.

some companies really do that, it is called "Industrieminuten" (~"industrial/industry minutes") where 100 minutes = 1 hour

sauce: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrieminute (no English version, sorry!)

not used in everyday life at all

that's how you gassed 6 jewllions

5.50 = 5 h and 30 min = 330 min
5:50 = 5 h and 50 min = 350 min
550 min only if coded by VW

armed forces already use metric system for lik decades faggot.

>We have 100 minutes in a hour you fucking idiot, thats why we get so much work done.

So, basically it's a way for the company to jew you out of your time?

obligatory

1 hour is still 1 hour - instead of dividing 1 hour into 60 minutes, they divide it into 100 Industrieminuten for easier calculations

Thats not how time works you retard.

31mph = 50 kph
50mph = 80 kph
62mph = 100 kph
93mph = 150 kph
124mph = 200 kph
186mph = 300 kph

That's all I've bothered to remember.

Easy but inaccurate conversion is 8/5 ratio.

Can you fucking read you autistic faggot? Look up Industrieminuten

>British Imperial system
Holy shit cucks.

>Everything I don't like is communist!

If a hour has 100 Minutes that means you have more minutes because 100 is more than 60 you fucking moron.

Even einstein said that time is relative. Maybe read more books before you shitpost this much?

America kicked your country's ass Nazi meme fag so we do what we want to do.

Remind me again what flag is on the moon?

we have fractions you fag

btfo!

1 hour = 60 minutes = 100 Industriebesonderezweckeauschwitzminuten

Yeah, and 100 is more than 60.

topkek

1 hour = 60 minutes
1 minute = 60 seconds

1 hour = 100 Industrieminuten
1 Industrieminute = 36 seconds

get rekt communists

the more, the better
if a word has less than 100 letters, it is not grossdeutsch enough
the same applies to minutes

Huh. I mean, base 10 is pretty useful, but it seems like having to convert time back for pretty much anything not involved in your company would be just as much a hassle.

Here's a hint:
432^2 = the speed of light in miles/second

I can't imagine you realize the significance.

>why is the most successful country in the history of the earth, the foundation of the world economy, using such a silly system

This is how silly you metricians sound.

You don't fix what ain't broke.

In germany 1 hour is 100 meters and 1 meter is exactly 100 seconds, while in america everything is mixed up.

>You don't fix what ain't broke.
then why do the entire military and all scientists in the US use the metric system?

That's what I mean. All the important industries already adapted, who cares about the general population?

By your logic, the entire world should only learn English since it dominates international commerce. But clearly there are more reasons to keep the language diversity than otherwise, partly because it simply isn't a problem at the local level.

Because in farhenheit, we have more degrees than you. Joking aside tho, metric bastards talk about mass like they know what it is, when the fucking wiki page says scientists don't even agree on what it means. So what is a kilogram? Weight? Density? Matter? Volume? Flattards argue about it all the time, and as far as I can see, our system out systems you and your decimal garbage any day. Metric was created to try and simplify things, then the SI was created to hide conspiracy related shit. That should be a good summation. Good luck on your journeys.

do you see us shitposting about how we wan't you to use our system? no. you don't see it. faggot.

But I digress, the point here is that our system is based on real world observations that have been simplified, not some made up shit. 1 pound of water raised 1 degree farhenheit is 1 BTU. So fuck off. Your system has just as many as ours.

The Imperial system works for us. No reason to change it. We use both systems here interchangeably anyway. We buy gallons and liters and the imperial system makes more sense for distance than metric (1,000 two step paces ~ 1 mile)

Besides, there's nothing stopping you from learning both systems which is what we do here in America.

No, because there is no single logical reason to use your shitty system.

kek

>n metric, one milliter of water occupies one cubic centimeter, weighs one gram, and requires one calorie of energy to heat up by one degree centigrade, which is 1% of the difference betwen its freezing point, and its boiling point. An amount of hydrogen weighing the same amount has exactly one mole of atoms in it.
i think my school life would have been much easier if someone had explained that to me this way. i never did well in science and math because nothing made sense. thanks for the general knowledge, user

And our time is based on the real world as well, in divisions. 60 minutes, 360 degrees compass bearing, 24 hour solar cycle, our shit has realistic. It's not hard to jump around and understand why we use our system just like it's not hard to jump around to understand yours. Ours just so happens to be based in reality.

>By your logic, the entire world should only learn English since it dominates international commerce
stop reading my mind! :) and to be honest everyone is already doing it: in the past French children were taught German at school and the Germans were taught French - nowadays both are learning English

UK space agency courtesy of Jeb the kerbal.

I like both systems. Both systems are nice!

why tho?

>In metric, one milliter of IMPURE water

ftfy

American SAE and British imperial are not the same...

askawiseman.com/metric/

To be honest, everyone that wants to do business does learn English. Not to mention every country to some extent teaches it to their kids.

Fuck off euro nigger
Take your globalist republican garbage
I'll keep my British imperial system
GOD SAVE PUR GRACIOUS MILE
LONG LIVE OUR NOBLE FAHRENHEIT
GOD SAVE THE POUND

Metric can be handy but once I started working in precision fabrication stuff for a while I had no issue with imperial. The fractions can be handy and when you start getting down to very fine measurements, you use thousandths of an inch anyway.

Celsius is much better but I agree with the rest.

Like, just jewgle "x to y", imperial was fine, but is outdated.

Just as anyone that wants to do science learns metric.

(lol, "do science")

But it shouldn't be forced. Having more than English and more than metric helps.

I think I can speak for all of Sup Forums when I say we can all agree that diversity is our strength.

You're a retard globalist shill
Fahrenheit is superior and is the system HM the queen grew up with and used exclusively for the majority of her life

The Empire State Building is fine, but is outdated

BrE water =/= AmE water
BrE - H2O
AmE - bear
that's why the metric system doesn't work for murricans

>Celsius is much better
No, it isn't. What the difference between 30 and 70 degrees? Enough to kill you. Why is your scale so small?

>We have 100 minutes in a hour you fucking idiot, thats why we get so much work done.

Holocaust deniers btfo!

Exactly! I posted a link further up you can read if you want about why it's easier, but for those who don't click it, it basically says it's easier using the imperial system because it's based on everyday thing we interact with

Well fuck we need new dirt, cause it's old.

Hardly, that is the standard measurement here, its just what I know.
I've ended up with a fucked up mix of both systems.

Both systems have advantages and disadvantages. If you want to know more then feel free to look into it yourself.

Also
>And even worse is the time. When i worked in germany i could work 5.5 hours which is 550 minutes and i could just put down five and a half and be done. In america on the other hand i work 5.5 hours, this somehow means i worked 330 minutes, and when i write it down this means not really 5.5 but 5.30.
I think I just became stupider reading that, I think everyone in this thread is dumber for you having written that out.

Moon missions were mostly done with metric so it's a rather poor argument. Stop using it.

all the real scientists use kelvin anyway

it just works

>"pintje"
>english term
stopped reading there

>When i worked in germany i could work 5.5 hours which is 550 minutes

what the hell

Even Britain got cucked and gave up it so heritage. You invented imperial and gave it up for a sissy faggot French Bolshevik republican system.

"English" as in the english/imperial measurement system, not the language

>Needs freezing point to be 0 and boiling to be 100 otherwise their shit memory can't remember 32 and 212

standard "pint/pintje" usually is 250ml and not a whatever an imperial pint is