Biblical Thread

lads I've not read the bible so I've come to ask your opinion on versions, I've seen comparisons here that some of the newer translations are highly pozzed. Also any other biblical related books that might help

I am a firm believer in Chirst, and proudly identify as Christian. I sincerely believe that God wouldn't let his word be altered in any fashion we doesn't deem fit. Sure, there is different translations, but I believe that he wouldn't allow someone to translate it to the point to where it's changing his word. God is all-knowing, he knows the past, present, and future. He created it.

That view seems to be completely at odds with the current state of Christianity. No one obviously survives from the days of Christ, so the past is simply what people decide it too be, and different versions of the bible can change the entire mindset of its worshippers.

I have the Spirit of God dwelling in me so listen to what I say and do nothing else. Read the King James Version of the Bible, not the "New King James Version" the King James Version, only read that and you will have everything you need to know, if you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that he is God and that he is the Word of God hou can literally do anything within God's will by asking in prayer. Doubt me? Try for yourself and see, just believe and ask, it may not happen instantly but if you ask and believe in Christ it WILL happen

Do not listen to this fool, if he believes that the NIV/ESV are on the same level as the KJV then he is not even saved.

The Name of God in the Old Testament is "I AM THAT I AM"

In the New Teatament you "are saved" not "being saved"

1 John 5:7, there are three that bear record in heaven the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost amd these three are one

All other versions change one of those three things because they are Satanic and don't want you to go to heaven or have God's power which is Christ.

... Umm, you know his name wasn't Christ, right?

You sound so fucking foolish right now.
American Bibles are so entirely mistranslated by the Jews that they laugh every time you even say "Jesus" or "Christ". They think it's hilarious how fucking retarded the goyim are.
Seriously, just stop kidding yourself.

Redpill me on this subject

The best translation that is widely available today is the King James Version.

Kjv with no "commentary" or notes. Read it assuming everything is true Anything that seems wrong you're actually deceived by Satan about.

kjv ONLY

>I AM THAT I AM

Not a single one of you is going to recognize Yeshua the Messiah when he returns.
Game over. The Jews win.

>I've not read the bible
Good, you shouldn't read that jew trash. Read a better book instead.

Take a regular bible. Then remove revelations. Then add the epistle of Barnabus, the book about Paul and Thecla, the Gnostic texts of Judas and Creation. Then you've got a fine bible.

Hey, OP:
The KJV is possibly your best bet. Many translations have come and gone, before and after, but this is a direct translation. The rest of the translation process depends entirely on your faith and praying for discernment.

Whoever adds or takes away from the Bible has their name removed from the Book of Life. Don't listen to this, OP. The Bible as it stands is God's word. Anyone trying to tack on anything extra is deceiving you.

Doesn't matter, god is an immoral nigger and the book was made by immoral sandniggers.
If you're an actual believer, then go with the original and follow it to a t but you'll still be just as cucked as any other kind of christian.

Your argument is already made invalid by the fact that American Bibles are mistranslated and redacted to begin with.

That's literally in revelations which is the most suspect book in the entire bible. Martin Luther was right, we should have cut it. The bible should have continued to grow and record miracles/great acts of ministry. Christ is the word made flesh and we live by faith, thus Christ lives through us. The word, our faith and our covenant with Christ are all living things. The living word.

I truly believe it is the work of a false prophet to declare the bible 'finished' and complete. It disconnects us from the message and thus from Christ.

reposting this here as the other christ thread is bad

So I've read the bible from cover to cover, I'm on corinthians 2 right now about 100 pages from the end.

It was an alright read, the really good parts (beginning of NT) nearly made up for the rest of it but as I'm nearing revelations I just can't stand this "Saul" guy. Hes not a real apostle, admits it, but adds a bunch of new shit as he works way harder than the others to spread the gospel.

What gives? In romans, hes pulling some Plato dialogue style shit where he tries to justify the "justifications" and when he hits the dead end of his own argument he says "will of god don't question it"

like what a fucking turn off man

Where does an individuals "reason" fit into faith

That's not how faith works. Applying reason to an act of faith just makes it another calculated decision. Faith is required in some cases, optional in others. The Bible explains some of how that works. Basically, faith is required for belief in God. Faith is not required at all for belief in Christ as he walked the earth and performed miracles. Faith is optional for belief that Christ is the son of God because you can reason that if you believe in God then we are all his children, but you can also have faith in Christ himself that he is the son of God.

Basically the new testament is about mitigating pure reliance on faith and sacrifice. God's New Deal is about being a follower of a real person who achieved miracles through faith. A rational person can look at the life of Jesus and determine that he did good things for humanity. That then makes it easier to believe in him as you have a rational basis for having faith in the first place. Faith itself isn't rational.