I’m studying water treatment as a part of my civil engineering degree and am curious about your view on fluoride...

I’m studying water treatment as a part of my civil engineering degree and am curious about your view on fluoride. My prof insists that it’s extremely beneficial against cavities and has no negative side effects, but we’re also barely touching the subject matter, learning only what the recommended dosage according to XYZ guideline is.

I’ve done a bit of independent research and found that some European countries found that the rate of cavities decreased regardless of fluoride use in drinking water, but have a hard time sifting through everything on the web. A lot of the stuff I'm seeing fails to understand the concept of dosage; obviously anything is a poison at some concentration. I’m personally not in favour of mass medicating a population regardless of their individual will, but what’s pol’s take on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

fluoridealert.org/articles/50-reasons/
hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm
epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-10/documents/2011_fluoride_questionsanswers.pdf
fluoridealert.org/articles/fluoride-biochemistry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck your faggot professor.
fluoridealert.org/articles/50-reasons/

Sup Forums is a board of fluoridated zombies

What concerns me about water treatment by untrained personnel is the ppm of anhydrous ammonia and chlorine closest to the treatment facility. I noticed my cats bowl had dried on a hot summer day and the amount of powder left as a residual was amazing. I know the chlorine must reach the farthest resident but the smuck closest to the facility needs to have confidence that the High School Educated city employee monitors the chlorimines closest to the treatment facility. Word of advice. Do not bring this up in public especially around your superiors. You will be black balled and forced to suck nigger cock the rest of your career. Niggers produce alot of jeez and you can't swallow it all without some squirting out of your nose. Sieg heil, brother.

If there was a way to privatize Water, I would be all for it. Competition breeds high quality.

Thanks bud this definitely seems credible and I'll be having a hard look

Not sure if bait, but what you're describing would be salts and hardness, not chlorine

After my CE environmental class and a trip to the local WWTP I vowed to never drink public water again. I think you all should do the same.

Flouride is shit for you.

Vitamin k2 is what cures cavities.

No vaccines in leaf land?

Ayy, I got my Civil degree last may. I spent three of those years perpetually stoned, and had tons of fun. Goddamn I miss college.

I got a 50k/yr job after NEETing for three months after graduation. Job search took only three weeks, and I had multiple offers, some immediate. I work 35 hrs a week and shits cozy. You chose the patrician's profession, user. Gun b fun.

They are such nice people to care so much about our dental hygiene

Tap doesnt come from the WWTP, brainlet. Aint nothin wrong with tap, if youre professor wasnt shit he would of instilled some patriotic spirit that the US deserves for being one of the youngest countries in existance and still being the first to provide clean drinking water utility to citizens

eat shit, yuropors

Fluoride is proven to lower IQ, it's why Canada and America is home to the biggest retards of the white race.

>hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

I think I read where Israel banned it last year -- check it out.

Waterfag here
Fluoride vitrifies the brain, is a poison and classified as neurotoxin by the EPA.
Ama.

>Anhydrous ammonia
>in water
this is literally impossible. Ammonia forms ammonium hydroxide on contact with water, which is far less dangerous. (Breathing anhydrous ammonia will kill you very quickly)
>Chlorine and ammonia leave powders when they dry
Both of these chemicals evaporate as gasses, before the water does. This is why you can smell them so easily in such small concentrations. They readily bleed out of the water.

That's not to say that it's not hazardous to drink water with excess amounts of ammonium hydroxide or bleach.

Good to hear the job market's hot, what region are you from?

I must say that the government's explanation that its for the population's health doesn't pass the smell test...I attended a water shed tour and asked about it last year only to hear once again the same old talkin points...what does it really do?

Also any effect it has on teeth also does on the entire skelitol structure
So grandma's osteoporosis is from fluoride and dairy (to a lesser extent)

Oklahoma

iodine to displace fluoride that the body absorbs.
iodine displaces other halogens

Outgoing residual is >4ppm max avg. This is class D basic water

>civil engineering degree
I'm so freaking jealous of you I don't even want to be in this thread.

health is not part of your degree, that's best handled by scientists and doctors. Anyway, it damages your brain in some ways according to studies.

How would osteoporosis be caused by fluoride? I was under the impression that it helps with retaining calcium in bones = less cavities

The Lancet has a great study on the neurotoxic effects of fluoride at even the lowest levels.

fluorite is a non-issue. the actual problem is xenoestrogens
ban women, ban their contraceptives and ban their assault piss

This, he should just be happy he was lucky enough to get a civil engineernig degree

Is civil engineering the way to go?

I finished all my entry maffs (calc I - calc III, Diff eq) all A's. Easy mode

not sure if I should take the chemistry courses for Nuclear engineering for just go straight to university for civil.

This OP is a shill. Every fucking day they come here and do the same script or template with minor variations. If you are a newfag and do not see how this guy is an obvious shill then lurk more, reread his authority appeals and nudges to groupthink, and be more careful.

How did you do all the maths? They are so freaking hard

Nooooooo.....look at what 'fluorosis' does. It causes mottleing and pitting of the teeth. Why would it only affect the teeth? It isn't specific - it attacks the calcium in the bones and "pushes" it out

Its not like I didn't do any work.

I did all the assigned homework. If there was something I didn't get, I asked a bro in class. If my buddy and I didn't get it, the teacher had a few hours he would spend helping students.

I went to a CC for my first two years.

Handful of students throughout the four courses.

Fuck off shills.

Yeah I did that too, My dad hired one of the most expensive tutors in NYC. I still don't understand it.

It comes from the nearest cheapest resource, just ask Flint Michigan

you fuck off
everyone screams up to high heaven about how bad fluoride is and yet nobody of note ever mentions how the xenoestrogens in the water poison men

>I’m personally not in favour of mass medicating a population regardless of their individual will
> the concept of dosage
How much fluoride, precisely, does that take, "mass medicating" a population? If you're not just some larping liar, then you'll know the answer right away. What's that you say? It's all bait?
>Sage in all fields
Correct answer

For $100 an hour I'll teach you

seriously, you can trade intelligence for handwork in most cases.

I wouldn't even go home to do my work. I would sit down at the library and wouldn't get up, but to take a piss or get some water.

Hard work*

Whats your resource, lake, river, WWTP? A combination.

I don't know if you could. I'd walk out of tutoring thinking I understood it 100%, and then I'd get an equation SLIGHTLY different and I'd have no idea.

PhD chemist here. Sat in on a talk a few years back by a chief physical chemist at P&G who worked on their crest prohealth line. The fluoride in toothpaste is all you would ever need, no need to put it in the water. The whole concept is antiquated to a time when people had horrible teeth problems due to the lack of toothpaste, etc. Modern society does. It need to pay to have fluoride dumped into the water. There is no need for it. Removing it would save money, and would not detriment public health.

I could go on, but that's the gist of it. It also stains the fuck out of your teeth, so whitening agents have to be used in conjunction with the newer models of fluoridated toothpaste

I think Floride was a great idea that helps peoples teeth. Problem has always been two things quality control of the ppm by low paid employees and Nitrification in babys leading to blue baby syndrom

Why in the fuck do we need the government to help us fight cavities?

I'm sure that if they removed fluoride from drinking water that people would be dying in the streets from...cavities. Priorities and all that.

Do you work in research or for the city?

Water should be pure, if people want to add something to it let them do it. Also remember when a design hits your table make sure there is atleast 1m betwen pumps.

P U R I T Y O F E S S E N C E
U
R
I
T
Y

O
F

E
S
S
E
N
C
E

Hey I'm not disputing that but that's from agricultural runoff making it's way into the water table. Fluoride is direct added into the water supply.
One thing at a time frienderino

OK this is exactly what I figured, there's already fluoride in toothpaste but cities are still paying for a process which seems to be redundant at best and noxious at worst

I believe that theoretically it could hold potential value, but the problem lies in there just honestly not being enough neutral research available for me to comfortably form an opinion. Frankly speaking, I'm infinitely less worried about fluoride than I am chromium-6 from the treatment process. Shit's dangerous, and causes massive issues (refer to Hinkley California and Flint Michigan). While the cr6 exposure in those instances wasn't necessarily from treatment, the treatment process *does* introduce cr6 among other toxic goodies to "potable" water, which becomes dangerous when water is overtreated (like it is in rural areas where proper facilities and infrastructure are substandard at best). Shit will turn you in to cancer ridden flaky skinned lizard people.

Fluoride doesn't prevent cavities when ingested.

Neither, I'm a WTP operator. Any research, I do on my own but becoming a waterfag has helped me in more ways than one.
Yesterday, in class, we watched a video over cultural Marxism (although they didn't say it out loud)
t. Morris Massey

hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

It causes brain damage in children. It has been linked to ADD ADHD and Dyslexia.

The only conclusion from the study I do not agree with is the conclusion the children from high fluoride areas that scored low on tests were stupid. Instead of wondering if maybe they scored low on tests because they have fucking ADHD and Dyslexia.

>Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas.

>Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”

I'm a water resources engineer. It does help your teeth by preventing mottling. It essentially makes them stronger and harder. Silly to think it doesn't do that to other parts of your body. It can calcify parts of your endocrine system.

Side note: My wife grew up on spring water and her teeth are fine.

My professors said the same thing. Ask him why whenever your dentist polishes your teeth with highly flouridated paste he says, "DO NOT SWALLOW THIS!" And just let him answer as if you're genuinely curious. You'll quickly find out how much your professor doesn't know.

This. It only benefits children that are currently growing teeth. Even then, topical application via toothpaste is all you'd ever need.

Guys, can't you just use a water filter to decide for yourself if you want all that BS in your water?

>like in rural areas where proper facilities and infrastructure are substandard at best

Yeah, no. In my facility, we use SCADA system, routinely work with engineers, do you think there's no money in the water business? Fuck off.
And CR6 is a byproduct of heavy industrial chemical usages and improper disposal i.e. dumping chemically altered sludge into a drinking water source.

FUCK!! THIS ENTIRE THREAD WAS SET UP BY A WATER FILTER SALESMAN!

Borax removes fluoride from the body.

I don't expect anyone to read this article, as none of you are capable of finishing it.

health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

Tap water contains fluoride numbnutts

So the fact that it's classified on the epa website as a neurotoxin/poison...?

epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-10/documents/2011_fluoride_questionsanswers.pdf

>health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm
May not help with flouride effecting the brain

>In a Chinese study borax was used to treat 31 patients with skeletal fluorosis. The amount was gradually increased from 300 to 1100 mg/day during a three month period, with one week off each month. The treatment was effective with 50 to 80% improvement.

I'll read it later but good shot in here already

Mass medication by means of the water supply is beyond stupid. Get a reverse osmosis filter for a couple hundred dollars and free yourself from the tap water Jew

>Skelitol

Trust the science, the facts. Not opinions. If your prof is such a supporter, he must have great articles for you. Many articles about fluoride addition on the webs.

>2017
>Not shaping your worldview using nothing but mercola, naturalnews, spiritscience and Sup Forums
wow jidf detected

One thing no one has mentioned is our water pipelines. They are old, and there's runoff with the metal from the pipes too. That can't be good for our health.

If there's 1 infrastructure everyone should agree on, it's water.

The kind of fluoride in toothpaste is different then the kind dumped in water supplies. Besides, if you're already getting it in your toothpaste why do you need it in the water as well? More is better is not an answer.

fuk that nigger kike shill

Oklahoma is on top of the largest aquifer in da werl. If fresh qater ever becomes scarce by fantasy, Oklahoma and parts of the Midwest will be the new Middle East

Well are you aware of chemistry? Read this whole thing you'll know why chemistry matters when dealing with CHEMICALS.
fluoridealert.org/articles/fluoride-biochemistry/
"Hurt sure muh stats. I took algebra."
Shit tier prof.

(...damn auto correct. Now I'm the retard)

fluoride is a byproduct of mining, they used to burn it but it killed the local cattle. It would have been prohibitively expensive to discard it properly as toxic waste.

Fortunately ((they)) found out it was good for you and now mines sell this toxic waste to your city, that is required by law to add it to your drinking water.

Chlorine isn't a solid mate, and quickly degrades when outside.