Holy fucking shit. Any oldfags on tonight? Was at my parents house and found a box with some of my older brothers shit...

Holy fucking shit. Any oldfags on tonight? Was at my parents house and found a box with some of my older brothers shit. I found a PlayStation, it works. The only games in the box were Final Fantasy Tactics, a Dragonball game, and pic related. They actually made a game in the mid 90s where you get to be Germany? Is it good? Is it hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CCL2HxPuXQA
panzergeneraldownload.com/panzer-general.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wrong board, dude.

i put this in Sup Forums because there's absolutely no way this game could ever be made in current year and a lot of guys here have an interest, and if i put it anywhere else they would say go back to Sup Forums

AWESOME game.
gets a little slow
I played it for hours upon hours upon hours.

I want to start it but fear I won’t go to sleep so I’ll get into it after work tomorrow. Did it feel accurate (vehicles, history etc.)?

I remember playing a few stages of Panzer General on the PC version. I don't recall anything that's political or controversial in this game apart from the WWII setting.

The FF games made by Squaresoft are more controversial. I got my posts deleted on /vr/ when I commented on the political aspects of the FF games. Most of the games in FF series are basically Leftist propaganda.

gotta think here......
pretty realistic, map wise and scenarios.
cool tanks, of course. upgrades, etc.
I played a lot as Axis force. Much better tanks.
I remember there were some tricks to speed up gameplay, but can't recall exactly.

I’m just blown away that a game was made from the Axis perspective

Breddy good game, I had allied general for PS1 when I was a kid, basically just the reverse. You could still play as axis, though no campaign mode for them.

FF tactics

is it based or lefty? apparently my brother is more based and redpilled than i knew, we live several states apart and i hardly know him

Jesus is that the SSI logo? That games hard as balls then

SSI was a very cool company. They made a lot of stradegy war games. Shame they aren't around anymore. Pretty sure they got absorbed by jewbisoft.

Yeah, they are hard as fuck after the first few missions

This is what I found

I found my battletoads

It's a great game, your little Kraut units gain experience as they go and you can end up with an unbeatable elite force if you're good.

PGII is the superior game. Both are god-tier tactics games though. There's a handful of updated versions floating around. Panzer Corps is the most popular one but it's kind of expensive and I'm not thrilled with some of the changes they've made (removing overrun kills). I prefer OpenGeneral since it's freeware and basically just a rewritten version of the original game with a TON of fan-made content.

Didn't really care about that back when I played it and I doubt it's political at all, the tactical fighting system is what it's all about.

youtube.com/watch?v=CCL2HxPuXQA

Panzer General was hard as shit, but then again I was also really young.

Allied General sucked and wasn't nearly as fun.

The game's not political at all. It's just, you're a German Commander, go win the battle.

Very memorable very good game.

I meant in regards to the FF game. These are the games I found; apparently my older brother kept solely these for nostalgia. I imagine the dragonball game is shit.

Real gamers PC

Thanks dude cool post you earned this (You)

>long box
pure kino

I believe those were the most valuable trade-in games of their time. BASED selection

Open General, huh?
I'm on a mission for that. For years, I would get a wild hair and search for Panzer on PC, but being a cheap ass I would only search Pirate Bay.
OG is just the right price!

Yeah, I forgot about that.
Kick ass various infantries.
I seem to remember always having some problems with my bombers and fighter jets, seemed like they got btfo a lot more than if I was the Allied forces.
I think taking Moscow and Kiev were no problem, but weren't the Africa fronts a challenge?

I texted him to ask; he had these when he was in college he’s in his 40s now. No idea how he would have gotten into Dragon Ball. Thinking about kicking his ass for being a secret weeb

playing germany is fun af

I learned a lot from FFT when I was a preteen.

Mfw i played this game as a kid but had no idea what i was doing but loved it anyway. I literally played this on my fucking AST computer lol fuck now i feel old

Also reminds me of playing general chaos with my brothers. Now we are married and old feels like a lifetime ago.

i remember that game vividly our neighbor had it; favorite genesis game i ever played

FFT is a great game. Currently playing FFT Advance for GBA, but nowhere near as good.

We played this so much it hurt. Along with nhl 94, smash tv and major Stryker it’s unreal. Nvm my childhood was perfect senpai. Even Jill of the jungle was lit.

I still remember the egm review for that dbgt game because it got the lowest score ever

You need to end up with an elite core, pioneer infantry panzers and Stuka's to take on the communists.

if you play the campaign well enough, you get to invade america at the end as a bonus campaign. it's extremely difficult to pull off the conditions for it as far as i remember though

Maybe that’s why he kept it

I've played it alot, but its been awhile. The scenarios change on how you do, and is challenging if you want to be perfect. You can invade America as Germany if you are perfect in like 43' if I'm not mistaken. You win hard, just win, or lose. Pretty fun to play as either Allies or Axis. Just keep your good modern upgraded troops around.

You can download it for free at the link below, and run it off a DOS emulator.

panzergeneraldownload.com/panzer-general.html

Some tips:
- turn off animations.
- play grand campaign
- invest in air force early and always achieve air superiority asap
- maintain unit experience (don't reinforce with conscripts)
- consolidate naval units before attacking with them
- artillery is your friend
- engineers ignore entrenchment

Final Bout fuck yeah

not to sound superior but i played that game on the original platform of PC on windows 95 back when it first came out

That game is great
The original one has the commander giving briefings before every mission
He is very pleased if you finish a mission early
If you do really well you can do operation sealion and liberate London
From there you liberate the us

I used to wreck motherfuckers at pg2. don’t underestimate them armored cars