Automation and jobs

Will automation help the economy?

Will jobs be gained or lost? Which ones?

One step closer reducing the standard 40 hour work week for most and guaranteeing basic income for all the people who are no longer needed in the workforce

We will all go on universal basic income. More ubi for you if you agree to get "fixed." Depopulation

"the economy" under full automation will be so foreign to our current conception of "the economy" that it's hard to treat one as a continuation of the other.

>Brainlets in charge of understanding economy
We have them here too, those "evil" machines, and a de-facto minimum wage of 20-30CHF/hour. And also companies desperately looking for staff-
Turns out those order machines are really great, it makes the whole restaurant more efficient, makes the clients happier which in turn makes them order much more, leading to the company having to recruit more people in the kitchen. Many more than were lost to the machines.

Yes. Automation will continue to help the economy, as it has for 100s of years. In 1900, most people worked in agriculture and no one could have predicted a job like "java programmer". Similarly, AI and robotics will take over almost all traditionally human tasks, but I can't begin to guess what sorts of jobs humans will have at that point - What is the "java programmer" job of 2040?

Full automation = Communism.
You get replaced by a machine but get paid with gibs. The only other way is to kill 90% of the population who are replaceable by a machine. Which im totally cool with.
The idea is that with more automation, new jobs for the mind will appear, which is bullshit, what it actually means is gender studies and that sort of crap.

I fail to see where new jobs will be found. In the past the tertiary service sector grew as a result of secondary and primary industry automation. The quaternary sector doesn't have room.

The whole staff is women

I don't think a robot can do marketing. C-can? please respond.

It would've been great..

If we hadn't imported millions of third world niggers, sandniggers and spics into our peaceful white societies. Now we'll have a permanent underclass that will be allowed to do anything they want and facilitate the rise of the welfare state because they'll have a plurality of votes through their uncontrolled (and state fucking subsidized) breeding.

They can and do right now, most text ads are generated nowadays.

For the US it will hurt it. US is about 80% service jobs, so once service is automated all those people will be fucked.

My advice, either get a trade skill, or major is a field that will never go away, IE engineering fields, computer fields, basically STEM fields.

Yeah, that’s weird. You usually only see that at Chik Fil A

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ITS NOT FAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR

I don't give a shit. I work in a four-men- company and we make specialized shit. My only worry is there are no unions, my boss's son has no interest in taking over the company and my boss is well on his way into retirement. I'll be an oldfag by then, so I'm working on a plan B. Hopefully the wellfare state will still exist by then, if all these innocent woman and children refugees haven't sucked the well dry yet.

Some form of UBI will be inevitable as will its corruption and then chaotic failure

Damn at the good pussy there. Apparently a mc donalds manager has quite the selection. Bet it would be real easy to take advantage of now that i think about it.

I think the only job safe for sure is the one of philosopher.

American goblin posting.
>muh burger flipping
>muh dick

Who can say. What we do know is that it will likely require a worker with a high IQ, which rules out most humans.

>Damn
>good pussy

Not with Human-AI convergence.

Expect the next "Virtual Signaling" to be smashing these automated ordering machines.

TFW a servicemen of automated terminals.

Yes it will help the economy as it will bring down manufacturing costs and allow both developed and developing nations to develop their own manufacturing sectors for cheap so they no longer need China.

It won't actually cause a job marker crash as they will make it cheaper to create a business and as such there will be more job offers even if a company will have less jobs to offer.

Only retarded NEETs think we will get UBI and only Communist retards think we will have mass unemployment and people starving.

>Bet it would be real easy to take advantage of

you really think a girl would be willing suck your dick just so you hire her a mcdonalds?

There were some good ones neckbeard. Plus if you were in charge you could filter the potatos

>java programmer
>high IQ
lol

No, automation won't help the economy and the average working citizen. Automation, will however, boost and aid (((the economy))) and (((well off citizen))).

I think just being the manager and the money that comes with it combined with a house and a body in decent shape would slay in that environment

Yes it's created some jobs but you can see the effect of this where CS has become a literal meme in colleges due to all the people flooding into it desperately looking for jobs that are at less risk of bring automated.
This is the difference between today and the Industrial Revolution, displaced workers back then were able to work in industry with high demands on labor and low demands on skill. What we're already seeing is millions displaced people attempting to work in a field with low demands on labor and high demands on skill.

>high demands on skill
You do realize that people still need to watch over the machines encase they fuck up and any idiot will do.

This is a good point. Its like all the people talking about self-driving trucks. They'll still need an operator for the foreseeable future so there shouldn't be a significant job loss.

McDonald's Salaries in Sweden
Cashier - Hourly
1 employee salary or estimate
About
kr 102 - kr 109
hourly
109 SEK =13.0078USD
Dayum, I better move to cuckistan asap

My local McDonalds has these and our minimum wage is 9 something. They're not just cheaper than human labor at taking orders, they make fewer mistakes and are faster and all around easier. People queue up at any of the available 2 and the line moves pretty smooth even if it's very busy. Usually it's much slower but I can get in an out on my lunch breaks easily now when before it might make me late. These things are great. Always loved them at the Wawa deli station. Download the 711 app right now my dudes.

Fuck basic income.

You need to work to get money. Go become a useful being.

Also what people seem to forget is that this will bring down the cost of having or maintaining a business. Meaning there will be more businesses and the existing ones will find it easier and cheaper to expand. Meaning more people to hire. Also automation will lead to products costing less, meaning both the cost to live will go down and even inflation by a bit.

They don't need armies of workers to do that.
And no, you need to have at least some knowledge of the machine if you want to tend to it and not stand around while it malfunctions.

That actually looks super convenient to me

>They don't need armies of workers to do that.
They don't need armies of workers now either.
>you need to have at least some knowledge of the machine if you want to tend to it
>Have smuck learn basic operation in 30 min and an engineer on hand if something happened.

>this will never be America

I cry every time

This is why we must stop immigration, I bet you $1,000 that this same (((mcdonalds))) supported cheap labor imports from Mexico. Now none of the serfs can get jobs anymore once they automate. We are going to have a amorphous blob of unemployables, I just hope that we kill these fucks once shit hits the fan

It really is. Don't need to even speak with some dirty filipina behind the counter that can barely speak English.

Ofc not. Burgers are too dumb to operate such machines.

I dont care, I am a NEET

All they need to do is run through a basic checklist and then call an engineer.

>lol just become a computer slave
>ignore pajeet being imported to replace you!

HOW ABOUT WE JUST REGULATE THE SHIT OUT OF THESE DISGUSTING BUSINESSES??? FUCK THE ECON MAJORS!!!

The highest wage McDonald's is aways in the cities. Incidentally those are always the shittiest quality ones as well.

These things cannot come out fast enough.

>STEM meme
You will be a slave supressing wages technocrat scum!

For those who choose to get training to service these things, business will be booming

>million dollar home

The economy for the average person will be mostly buying/selling robots and robot companies. GDP will explode exponentially faster than anything we've ever seen.

Invest in robots.

(OP)
>The only other way is to kill 90% of the population who are replaceable by a machine.
>Which im totally cool with.
This is your brain on lolbertarianism. Kill off nearly all of humanity for no fucking reason. No love or loyalty of anything just pure psychopathy.

I hope not. I've been working at Walmart for the past 12 years and I need it as I have nothing else in life.

Automation is the future:
>Look at the entire PetroChemical industry
>Automation is used in moving crude from the ground and ensuring that it doesn't exceed expected flow; thus, it is cut off automatically to prevent explosions
>automation is used in the transport of crude from all over the world to refineries
>and it is batch processed into refined products under heavy, heavy automation
>the reason it isn't more prevalent today is that someone has to decide how to depopulate, who goes and who stays. not an easy task when determining human potential and which humans are more likely to be ingenius
>farming, power generation and distribution are industries which can use a greater emphasis on automation but are specifically NOT upgraded to make jerbs for the huge, cumbersome bureaucracies in-place
>robots for the physical; bots for the digital. the planet needs a 75% haircut

since I'm in policing, what are the chances I'll be out of a job in 10-15 years?

Automation fearmongering has existed since the dawn of the Industrial era, and even before that to a lesser extent

Humans will always be in demand for jobs, this is an incontrovertible fact.

>will jobs be gained or lost?

Are you fucking retarded?

I remember when I saw this years ago and couldn't figure out what was so special, I sure can now

>All these people shilling Muh UBI

First off our entitlement system is already unsustainable given our shrinking tax base and more people retiring.
Then you have to look at how we're even gonna fund this given that more people will be out of a job and won't be able to pay taxes for government services.
Now look at the cost of living and how its far exceeding the median wage and you'll realize that the govt will have to overprint money into Weimar Republic era just to keep everyone satisfied

Automation and the expanding service economy will pretty much kill off the middle class entirely

That's America for you. A completely materialist spiritual void.

We got the ball rolling though so I'll take our share of the blame.

Fuck OFF breakroom! EVERYBODY is sick of your self pity, I've seen thread after thread detailing ways for you to get a better life, yet you are adamant on staying a pathetic wage slave, I don't ever want to see you post again. I ALMOST feel sorry for you, but then I remember that you are a vampire, a succubus, a leech, an emotional tick, sucking on the generosity and sympathy of your fellow user. You are an attention whore with nothing to offer, get your disgusting life together before posting here again looking for pity.

Slim to none, bub. Robot police will be mocked, derided, and then probably disassembled for scrap metal by urban yoof.

I dont get these memes. This is literally what Marx was talking about. The workers have done everything which mcdonalds has profited on. Every cent that mcdonalds makes comes directly from the value the workers create and mcdonalds claims the lions share of that value. Now the profit that they created goes into new machines which will replace them and leave them withoht a livelyhood. I mean sure we can all laugh at mcdonalds workers but imagine a tradesman working diligently his entire life for his boss making the comapny rich until the money he made for the company is used to replace him with a machine. Capitalism is just fucked up.

Production and manufacturing are almost fully automated already, large parts of retail, transport will be full automated sooner rather than later, and constant public transport strikes will mean the public will welcome it. The one most people don't see coming is the office worker, who will be replaced by programs that can use programs. In short, the labour market is going to contract massively over the next 20-30 years, meaning a massive decrease in income taxes, which will force governments to increase corporation taxes, which will lead to even more businesses fleeing to lower tax countries. I dunno how Germany is going to pay for all those refugees by that stage.

FULLY

AUTOMATED

LUXURY

COMMUNISM

lost, if your skills limit you to fast food there's no way to be capable of actual maintenance and repair, you can be a smart monkey and follow laid out steps but the second it deviates most of these people wouldn't know how to handle it

>Will
Nigga, automation is literally what defined the industrial era. Automation is not new. Stop pretending. Dumbasses.

Also admit it Sup Forums Communist economics is the inevitable end.

Not even close you stupid commie moron. All roads lead to free markets, even if they must be black markets. Commies are too stupid to live, that's why you kill each other by the millions.

A robot can't lay pipe or install a boiler that's all ive got to say

that looks like heaven for a spic like me

This user is right.

As someone who has worked with the kiva robots in an Amazon warehouse, I can tell you that the people who fix most problems receive about 3 days worth of training and it's super easy. There are about 10 of them on per shift and they can fix 98% of the problems.

For actual mechanical repairs and robot maintenance there are facilities workers (about 3 per shift assigned to this).

Some countries will refuse you access to their market if you don't pay tax. Ireland will be absolutely fucked. Do not buy a house no matter what you do.

Or just don't use them...

I get coffee at (((McDonald's))) regularly. They now have computerized menus. I simply do not use them. I wait an extra few moments for the poor Gen-Zed, Zionist sacrifice to finish helping the morbidly obese, brainwashed, civilly inept, boomers (the legacy generation) disgracefully attempt to operate the machine, then I ask for the human to take my order. I always ask what he/she thinks about the machine that will be destroying their experiential mobility and about the customers who do their jobs for free... I can't ask the computer that.

It is amusing how confused everyone gets when one simply chooses not to use the machine. I would simply pay and travel a bit more in order to take my business elsewhere, but it's a somewhat awesome experience. The synthetic sky is full of mercury, the water full of pheromones, there is Luciferian, el-ite, symbology on every product, everyone is fat, autistic, and sychophantic, and when produced with the slightest degree of psychological opposition, become almost animalistic in response.

When will the supervolcanos erupt?

Fucking shit salaries in shitty jobs hold productivity down. Who wants to work in these jobs anyway? They NEED to go, EVERY single of them. In the end they need to cut working hours and come up with some other solution so that every can have a job.

Seriously, the world has the technology, why do these jobs even exist? Same goes for outsourcing to third world. Those jobs should automated in developed societies but NO, they want to go back in time and make brown and yellow people do that shit with shitty salary and poor equipment.

Not when literally 100% of everything is automated and you have robot cat girls. The free market won't exist when you have everything cause your human space empire has all the resources it needs.

Communism is inevitable

>the second it deviates most of these people wouldn't know how to handle it
They call someone else who does. This is already how most places work; you don't tend to have engineers cleaning machinery and the like, just low skill knuckle draggers who moan about having too many health and safety provisions as their head is crushed.

Brainlets will just clean the machines, I guess.

>Enters a macdonalds for any reason.
You are them. The people behind the tills are you.

Automation is why we should love the minimum wage. First we ban people from having jobs, then we make it permanently impossible! The state is so much more efficient than we are at making poor people starve!

Communist economics is the inevitable end to communism.
You forgot to finish your sentence.

McDonald's is even installing these kiosks here, and our minimum wage is under $9. Fast food workers didn't think this whole thing through.

What's the ratio of mechanics to cars, electricians to fuse boxes, & plumbers to toilets?

>mfw having to talk to real humans is what's keeping me from getting fat at McDonalds

german state-certified automation Technician here, AMA.
>yes it will help the economy
>lots of jobs with much bodily work and repetitive tasks will be lost
>jobs will be created in automation of course and in the service sector since the very productive technical jobs pay so much that will buy more services to increase your quality of life/comfort

What do you mean?

>jobs will be created in automation of course and in the service sector since the very productive technical jobs pay so much that will buy more services to increase your quality of life/comfort

I post this all the time in these threads yet no one seems to believe me. It's like people think robots are magic and don't need to be maintained, repaired, monitor, wired, etc.

Those kiosks were coming regardless of the minimum wage. Eventually they would be cost effective enough to replace a $5/hour worker.

Communism doesn't work.
Not theoretically, not practically. It's a regressive model.
The only positive thing about communism is that in inevitably leads to more capitalism.

oh well now they can get a better job, right guys?

Some jobs will be created, yes. But many more zero-skill entry level jobs will be lost. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but the jobs created by maintenance will definitely not make up for the number of jobs lost.

This nigger makes the point