There used to be a time when you could be conservative on some things and liberal on some things

There used to be a time when you could be conservative on some things and liberal on some things.

Now you have to pick the same side on every issue or you're called the enemy.

What happened?
Why did it get taken to extremes? Is being an individual outdated?

You can be both. Read up on Mosley Fascism.

What happened is that the liberal side became the side that goes out of its way to find everything morally wrong and pretend that it's morally right in the name of "tolerance"

it's called lack of critical thinking

takes two user.

Communist cancer in the US.

Become a based centrist, such as myself

It happened when Obama took office. Once again "progressives" have deeply scarred the country forever.

I like to play a game with friends I call a truth and a half-truth. It only works on people who really are caught up on emotions.
>Illegal immigrants have it so tough in this country
You say: They face low wages and unsafe working conditions, we should ensure employers who abuse them should not be allowed to hire them (so no jobs for illegals)
>I feel terrible for those Syrian migrant children
You say: The EU should do everything in their power to protect the women and children, they should prohibit adult males from claiming asylum (prohibit 90% of migrants)
>Unrestricted abortion should be legal
You say: Abortion is definitely a way to limit poverty in underprivileged neighborhoods. It is necessary to control the population of underclass urban communities (support eugenics of blacks)

It works surprisingly well most of the time and they'll end up agreeing with you because they only hear the first part which is what they want to hear. So few people actually know what their parties support, and if something sounds somewhat appealing they don't have the ability to filter out that I just gave them a conflicting idea.

Because white genocide. White genocide changed everything.

when youre following the cult of personality in this case (((Trump))) there is no room for free thinking

The Liberal equivalent of accelerationism happened.

Being wrong doesnt make you a unique and special
Snow flake, it makes you a fucking retard that needs education.

I just wish I could be an individual. If I disagree with one conservative thing, pol calls you a shill and will tank your thread.

disagree with liberal view and you get the same treatment.

I just dont think I can be into politics anymore. I'm too varied in my thinking.

What are you gonna do, he's a burger he probably has a gun, gonna fistycuffs it our of his hand from 10 feet away?

kek.

The Jews are behind this I bet

the internet happened. people now say whatever idea they have with no real face to face confrontation, as a result they say venomous things and have an audience. this creates a narrative and people follow narratives. the people who also say whatever is on their mind now exist to others wholly as their statement/opinions because that is all you see through social media, which creates extreme tension. so basically you have an entire population walking around thinking that half of the people they see are their enemy.

You'd be a classical liberal

wow, i've never thought of it that way. damn good point user. i bet this is it.

nah its called too much critical thinking.

you are locked in a ideology and have to explain everything through the eyes of that ideology.

so it cant be "here is this fact", its always "heres this fact, but we all know thats not the whole story. heres how you have to look at this"

because i dont have group mentality? because i'm an independent thinker?

i think this is accurate too

People got addicted to labels, a lot of them can't understand that people are not the same as other ones in a same group. Society just simplified this conflict because some (((people))) made thinking look like a useless and hard thing.

and you have the need to be locked into this ideology why exactly?

cause it makes you feel like youre part of something. cause youre not going to church on sunday, youre not in a bowling or shooting club, you go home after work, like most of us today. youre not part of anything really, no community.

its all cause of the jews i tell you.

There's some kind of shell game being played where the principles of liberalism became associated with regressive leftism rather than individualism.

I just wish more people were individuals. I don't wish to be locked in. I have different views on different things. But just seems like you can't find that anymore. Everyone seems to tow the party line.

I can't believe this is a Sup Forums thread, seriously.

I miss those days, too.

me too. shoot me but i want a public health care in switzerland. cause we are basically on obama care.

in the 80's, early 90's, telecommunication, internet, Postal service, Railway, everything was state run. All the services, that make life easier, and that needed to be fully reliable regardless the cost, were state run.

i kinda want those days back.

The problem is people seem to be associating all these unrelated issues even when it doesn't make sense. For instance, if you support public health care it obviously means by association you're a leftist that's in favor of mass immigration. So someone terrified of having their culture destroyed may reject a public policy they'd otherwise be in favor of because they don't want to be in that camp.