Germany to replace its 85 Tornado fighter bombers with F-35s

Germany mainly flies Eurofighters and Tornados. Tornados are getting old.

Lockheed is now telling Trump to pressure Merkel to buy F-35s.

And guess what, Germany will buy the F-35s. Why? Because Germany is America's little bitch.

Other urls found in this thread:

sputniknews.com/military/201711031058783272-denmark-us-fighter-jets/
independent.co.uk/news/business/news/saudis-order-72-typhoon-jets-in-deal-worth-pound20bn-to-eurofighter-consortium-402739.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JA1mZF3FQhc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did we end the god damn F-22 contract? It's fucking invincible. It's never been shot down in any sim.... the F-35 has.

The F-22 has been shot down plenty of times in sims. The F-35 actually less.

There aren't any other options out there for Germany unless they want 4th gen.

>. It's never been shot down in any sim
It has crashed in the real world.

oh and btw the F-22 is an air superiority fighter, the Tornado is a ground attack jet, the F-35 is a ground attack jet. Even if the F-22 was still being produced it wouldn't even be looked at here.

F-22 isn't that great of a jet, it is wayyyy too expensive as well. It is also mainly a fighter aircraft and there's no real role it can play any more because the US has no real enemies in the sky.

The advantage of the F-35 is that it can fill multiple roles rather than just being a fighter aircraft.

Even military contracts can't escape politics. This isn't necessarily a money or efficiency issue, I imagine if they buy this then Lockheed will compensate the contractors well. Finally the ultimate bill will go to German taxpayers.

But I thought that they will rally the global #resistance against Drumpf around Merkel. I thought that our girl was supposed to be the central figure of this #resistance.

I don't believe you.

Smh desu senpai. Why can't we get some A-10s ?

F-22 is a bad ass.. don't lie to me.

>There aren't any other options out there for Germany unless they want 4th gen.
They are looking at
A. F-35 Silent Eagle
B. F/A-18 E or F
C. Eurofighter Typhoon Block 4

Potentially, they will also invite the Frenchies and Swedes to pitch their shit. But currently, they only sent the formal proposals to the Lockheed, Boeing and the Airbus/BEA/Alenia

The Raptor is a ridiculous moneysink. We have dumped ludicrous amounts of cash into the project. It reminds me of the fucking Valkriye and Comanche projects.

A-10s are outdated and fairly worthless unless you completely control the airspace and there are no MANPADs.

That's all 4th gen with most of those options costing more or about the same as the F-35. Btw the silent eagle isnt' a thing. Boeing just mocked it up.

$62 billion for F-22s
1.508 trillion for F-35s

GTFO with FAKE NEWS

I don't want your meme plane. F-22 is better, but the Eurofighter fulfills the roles of both the F-22, in a not as good way, and the F-35. Plus who needs that shit? Send boots on the ground for kebab removal civil war please.

Two different accounting numbers.

The 1.5 trillion number includes fuel, repairs, spare parts and 3k jets over 50 years.

The F-22 62 billion was just development cost and 200 jets.

>Why can't we get some A-10s ?
Out of production. Maybe we can buy them for scrap material value from the scrap yard.

The F35 isn’t meant to dogfight, it’s supposed to be a spoopy ghost that fucks your shit

Oh, so the inferior jet costs more? Thanks Accountant dude...

why can't we buy nukes instead?

>Germany mainly flies Eurofighters and Tornados. Tornados are getting old.
So what? For what does a defeated occupied nation need fighter bombers?

>Germany is America's little bitch
This is true. Merkel will buy 170 F-35s and give half to Israel as a free gift.

>That's all 4th gen
Actually, they are all 4.5 gen. The F-15 SE is a bit stealthy and has active jamming. The Typhoon Block 4 would have too. The F-18 is the weakest in the mix.

Yes, the F-35 is one gen further, but it is all about the requirements. The requirements are set so that all 4 jet types could fulfill them.

What does Germany need F-35s for anyway? Fighting Nazis?

Because SEAD is the name of the game in the region, and absolutely nothing can compete. And nothing will be able to for the next 10 years.

The French with SLBM deterrent can afford to play politics. You can't.

They could, but they are likely the same price as the F-35.

Like I said the silent eagle isn't a thing.

America trying to loot everyones coffers to pay for their shitty planes.

Germany truly is our greatest ally.

>why can't we buy nukes instead?
Because we get them on loan for free and only pay for them if we have to use them. It's actually a sweat deal to get into the NATO B-61 nuke "sharing" program. Because the sharing only goes one way.

Silent Eagle sounds like a badass idea... but, the F-22 is the silent eagle.... or is it? What about SR-72? The Aurora... hypersonic fighter bomber?

>For what does a defeated occupied nation need fighter bombers?
To bomb America's enemies.

Why did Greece need ships after 146 BC and the Roman win at the Battle of Corinth? To fight the Roman wars.

>To bomb America's enemies.
Ourselves?

>leased nuke
Jesus Christ...

Can our military become even more of a meme? Fucking hell.

>Merkel will buy 170 F-35s and give half to Israel as a free gift.
No, it will be around 70 F-35s and we already giving Israel free u-boats.

Shit deal for the krauts actually, only US planes get the software suite, without it the F35 is nerfed to hell.

It sounds badass but doesn't exist, there isn't even a prototype. It's a Boeing fever-dream.

>ground attack jet
The word you're thinking of is 'multi-purpose'. The A-10 is a ground attack jet.

The wings are at the end of their service life. They are grounded sooner than later.

> bye bye a10

ahhh yes, true. Costs too much to maintain 3-4 different types of jets for specialized roles.

Best jets are multi-roles.

Shame all the good jets get ignored by politicians.

>They could, but they are likely the same price as the F-35.
Actually, the F-35 is 50% more expensive than the Eurofighter and probably even more compared to the F-18. The F-15SE is expensive, but still less than the F-35.

E.g. the 27 F-35s Denmark is buying have a 10 billion contract value sputniknews.com/military/201711031058783272-denmark-us-fighter-jets/

Compare that to the 27 billion lifetime contract value from Saudi Arabia for 72 Eurofighters. independent.co.uk/news/business/news/saudis-order-72-typhoon-jets-in-deal-worth-pound20bn-to-eurofighter-consortium-402739.html

>F-35
Do we get a bunch of ospreys too?

Real tweet...?

>>To bomb America's enemies.
>Ourselves?
We are their little bitch. We are not their enemy.

America's enemy is Iran, Syrian Islamists, Taliban, Somalis, Russia, North Korea, China etc. If America calls, we will be required to use our F-35s in the frontline... American pilots will "back us up".

>When you build a plane so dominant, it stops your enemies from trying to compete with you.

If the US didn't build the F-22 it would just embolden Russia even more to push their fighter programs, the SU30 is better in most ways than the F-15 and 16 so there would most likely be higher risk of conflict were it not for the F-22.

youtube.com/watch?v=JA1mZF3FQhc

Modern AA has made having the top tier fighter less important, a perfectly good fighter will still work in defending your country.

mmm, k, well, that's debateable, consider janet likes to fly mornings and evenings from illuminati hq... vegas... what they hiding out there in the desert?

>Do we get a bunch of ospreys too?
We are more into the CH-53K. Doesn't look as cool, but can land on our frigates.

>America's enemy is
>Syrian Islamists
Hello, new friend. Why don't you move over to /sg/ and repeat that line in front of the folks over there. I'm sure you will make a lot of new friends. :^)

FUCK TRUMP FUCK MERKEL FUCK NETANYAHU FUCK PUTIN FUCK TRUDEAU AND FUCK THE REST OF YOU RACIST POS ALT-RIGHT FAGGOT WANNABE DIPSHITS

Make great deals.

*sad BRRRRRT

I know people don't believe it, but America contributed hugely to pic related.

buy our useless shit you faggots

Yup. And if we use those planes at all it'll be to support Kikemerica's wars.

>newfag acting old
Not fooling anyone here, kike.

>sim
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

HAHAHAHAH americans are so fucking pathetic and naive

end we dont need those shit planes, we have already planes that are rusting and untouched.

we dont nee them, (((they))) just told us to buy it

do you think people who say that the f-35 sucks because it's fat and can't maneuver are retarded?

>buy our useless shit you faggots
It's not useless. The F-35 is fully capable to blow shit up.

you have nothing to blow up.

you're letting in all the targets so unless you want to blow up your own country feel free and buy our useless shit

>do you think people who say that the f-35 sucks because it's fat and can't maneuver are retarded?
Yes. The F-35 is probably the second best multirole fighter out there.

well it can out maneuver an F-16 so there's that

>we
Implying Merkel doesn't take her orders from Washington.

>tornados get old
>germany will buy something new lmoa wicked sick

you sound retarded

>you have nothing to blow up.
We sure have stuff to blow up. Pic related.

>you're letting in all the targets so unless you want to blow up your own country feel free and buy our useless shit
We are letting them in to comply with the laws you set. You do remember the Geneva convention which requires us to process asylum requests? We could deport most of them, but most of the countries where those people come from don't take them back, some are your allies like Iraq and Afghanistan and Egypt and Algeria and Morocco.

F-22 is a very niche platform, and if needed would be mass produced.

Country that invented the jet engine now imports fighter jets from the enemy. How far have we fallen?

Why does G*rmany even have a military?
Isn't being invaded and conquered by foreigners Merkel's goal endgame?

well i mean it could fly like a fucking 737 and still be good. nobody gets in close dogfights anymore, it's all about aiming missiles with your helmet HUD.
i do have to admit maneuverable planes are more fun in air shows but it ends there.

When's the last time a NATO nation was in a dogfight? Gulf war? Sinking this much money into defence is a (((mercantile))) trick, whilst our nations infrastructure is crumbling and our veterans are homeless drug addicts let's spend billions on planes that will NEVER see action

We took all your smartest nazis and let the slavs fuck up your gene pool. RIP.

F-35 lifespan is listed at 50 years. I'm sure it will bomb the shit out of some mud huts in those 50 years.

>nuke leasing program

Germany doesn't need new fighter jets, it needs new bridges.

where is your problem? Most of Germany´s current military equipment is shit. F-35 is a good aircraft.

>Why does G*rmany even have a military?
All countries above 1 million inhabitants have a military.

>Isn't being invaded and conquered by foreigners Merkel's goal endgame?
No. This is the effect of Schengen and us foolishly trusting countries which police the EU borders. Do you know what Schengen is?

Köln-Leverkusen is this you?

>Germany doesn't need new fighter jets, it needs new bridges.
We can have both.

Also, the stories about our bridges being shit are overblown. We have infrastructure from the 1000 Year Reich and that is still top notch.

A man can dream but it's still a colossal waste of money, you're being taxed to protect Israel and contribute foreign aid to every dump on earth. Not that we have it much better here

she gets them from israel.

>random niggers
enjoy wasting your money and having to work longer hours to pay for it.

>And guess what, Germany will buy the F-35s.
We will? Aren't we finally developing our own shit?

Tornados are literally third world tier at this point, I genuinely welcome this.

I think even in the first gulf war those soviet migs the Iraqi guard were mostly offlined from cruise misdles to airbases. Any migs that got into the air were pretty much missiled right up the ass from afar. I think the last serious dogfight was Vietnam. Which was pretty much the stoneage in military technology.

The BBRRAAAAAPP is awesome but most successful and effecient strikes on the A-10 is still the missile payload and you can just put that shit on an f-35.

Not unless you can get 10 other countries to join in and we all know what clusterfucks joint ventures can become.

Probably looked at development costs and time lines, and said fuck it.

>enjoy wasting your money and having to work longer hours to pay for it.
1.2% of GDP. I am happy to increase that to 1.5% of GDP. Honestly, I pay 0.3% GDP more. All fine with me. That is like a few hundred bucks for me.

>going to shitskin and butthurt slav general

>getting old
Can it still drop bombs & kill people from high altitudes?
Yes? Then its not old
How many upgraded tornadoes can you build for the price of one f35?

Sorry, Hans. It's really a shitty aircraft. I think (((they))) must have plans that all the white nations should have inferior military equipment. Or something. It's hard to know, since we are an occupied nation these days.

thats how the jews got us and its now they're going to get you.

longer hours, less pay, unions wont do shit so enjoy.

>We will? Aren't we finally developing our own shit?
Yes, we will. But it takes 20yrs to do so. And tis new one will be the Eurofighter follow on plane, not the Tornado plane followup.

>letting the Caliphate get their hands on F-35s
We're going to have to shoot them down in 30 years

Nah she got the job after Schröder didn't want to join Bush's sandbox adventures. It was a spectactle really, he was the media darling chancellor until he refused to join in the Iraq war, then all our 'transatlantic' media was against him.

This. It's just business, it could as well be massive amounts of tomato juice or TV sets or whatever. It's just that military equipment is easier to justify to waste taxpayer money on. It's all about transfer on money and debts. Governments have become sad jokes, mere fronts for the globalist capitalist elite.

Mind, I'm not anticapitalist per se, but it clearly has gotten out of hand and is now destroying our countries and people.