Smelly dumb code monkey scum

Is anyone else tired of all the CS student larpers on this site pretending they all make 120k their first year out of school? The devs at my job are autistic spergs making 43k a year and the entire office thinks they just type random shit in the computer all day yet they act like they are all geniuses and are super condescending. Most are left leaning rick and morty enthusiasts also.

Salary is 100% dependent on location.

$80-90k right out of school is normal for an urban area, and can easily get up to six figures with stock, bonuses etc.

But if you're anywhere else, 50k sounds about right.

>making any type of money after leaving college

Almost all programmers are worthless sacks of shit.

t. have to clean up their shit constantly and explain the most rudimentary IT concepts like I'm talking to a fucking toddler.

In the midwest we offer them 38k some we let negotiate higher if they bring something of value to the table. It’s a pretty decent size company but these cubicle dwelling mouth breathers act like they are Writing code to power space shuttles for NASA. One of them keeps fucking anime figurines on his desk literal soy boy.

The only thing worse than the programmers is IT

Also, you have to explain that way because nobody respects you or your domain

Well that's your problem. Developers need to be at start-ups in big cities, or else they end up with chuckle fucks like you doing like, database shit.

It's like the choice between a high paying finance job in NYC, or some lousy job in the midwest

So their shitty condescending attitudes, limp wrist handshakes, autism, and anime figurines on their desks will magically dissapear if they were offered a job making 10k after tax more a year in Jew york? Code monkey fag detected fuck off nerd.

And yes, if you started offering a competitive salary you would get better developers

>The only thing worse than the programmers is IT
I'll admit many of my "peers" are worthless sacks of shit too. But programmers are almost always worse, and have a bigger superiority complex.
>you have to explain that way because nobody respects you or your domain
I've gotten a fuckload of respect in every company I've worked for, always end up being "the guy" as one past coworker called it. But you're right in that they don't respect my domain, they all think everything works like their home WiFi and their iPhone, and disregard any security precautions as a waste of time and money.
But that's not the problem I'm talking about, I have to explain it that way because they truly don't understand basic concepts, like why you shouldn't hardcode 255.255.255.0 as a subnet mask, then get pissy when you nicely tell them they shouldn't do that and explain why. I don't talk down to my coworkers even when they deserve it, which is likely one of the reasons I get so much respect. Except from programmers. Even when I prove myself right Every Fucking Time.

Smelly dumb code monkey making 0

I once had a donation address on my 10k uniques/days site and it resulted in 0 donations.

Can confirm we're subhumans

And what do you do?

There is literally nothing else besides CS, it's either business, engineering, or CS. There's nothing else anymore that isn't worthless, low-salary shit but not completely mindless.

t.faggot that has never compiled code in his life

Programming is one of the best paid jobs where i live

You are glorified tech support. You'll be replaced by pajeets
Programmers still need critical thinking, so pajeets encroachment is slower but ongoing

I mean, that's normal though. You'd get pissy too if your accountant started telling you how to do your job

You should go learn MasterCam and get a job as a machinist, you won’t ever have to talk to anyone again

>fall for cs meme
>don't spend time doing projects just do bare minimum making shitty websites for class
>no portfolio besides said websites and a text sim game where you run a brothel based on drug wars
>2.7 gpa

will i get hired

I work in the DC metro area. I can't recall any programmer I know getting that kind of pay right out of school. I think I was the highest paid in my class starting out at 80k, but I branched into industrial hardware.

If you move to a tech hub, yes. You should move, go to meetups, network, linkedin, github.

Most importantly, get a proper fucking portfolio man, wtf are you doing? lol

Programmers on the west coast and new York can make mad bucks. I'm making 120k total comp in the Midwest 5 years out of school

Oh and literally nobody gives a fuck about your GPA.

GPA only matters for pre-meds and people that want to go to grad school

Over 10+ years in data center it here. I can build whole infrastructure. Rack stack cable. Heat and cool. Electricity provisioning. Cisco switch, and Nexus install and config.
Learning all this combined was much much much easier for me to learn and implement than, let's say understanding recursion or pointers.

It is simple.shit. I can see easily why coders have bigger ego's.

>You are glorified tech support
This is the attitude I speak of. You have no understanding of what it is that I do at all, and expect that everything just works, including your shitty sloppily coded amalgamation of retardedness.
>You'll be replaced by pajeets
Actually most of the companies that have outsourced something to India that I know of outsourced development. There's a lot of Help Desk there too but that usually gets moved back after a few years of complaints.
>Programmers still need critical thinking
Yet they almost all still lack it.

>just type random shit in the computer all day
t. brainlet

Ive been doing this for 25 years, and I only hire experience. I dont give a flying fuck if you even finished high school.

Work in finance. This is completely untrue: I know people who won't accept less than a 3.5GPA and that's considered to be on the low end of the spectrum. GPA is extremely important.

We outsource development to India too but make Americans manage their fuckups. Remember that many of the good pajeets have immigrated here already

Ok, that's fair if you're talking about an internship or their very first job. It probably matters more in something like finance because there are so many Stacey tier finance/business majors from shitty schools, so you need quality control

I wouldn't want to pay for the cost of living in those areas.

What's funny is a lot of them are going to be out of work because the young generation is learning this shit in elementary school and will be not only more experienced and better trained than devs today but will also work for less. My son is in 4th grade and his school teaches them how to code. Coding is McDonald's worker tier job, it just doesn't seem that way because people don't realize any idiot can do it. It will be considered blue collar work within 30 years.

Thats seatlle retard a super expensive city, this is in a smaller midwestern city with a very low cost of living where you can find decent 1 bedroom apartments for 600.
System analyst i design what the code monkeys code.
i took 3 different programming classes and was a member of my uni’s coding club you knuckle dragging cubicle ape
KEK our IT guy is liked 10x more than the devs and only makes like 2k less.

Strange. Finance has just become like one person feeding numbers into a computer per company. The corporate jews look at all the data and determine how much skin you will lose.

thats what finance is today. A highschool graduate could easily be an accountant.

Me neither but sometimes I wish I would have for a few years.

>You have no understanding of what it is that I do at all
You plug ethernet cables into a cisco switch. Company hires someone new, you format a dusty old laptop and install windows. You literally do the shit I was doing when I was 10. Get off your high horse, you fucking faggot. We don't respect you because we know that you are completely worthless, but middle management insists on keeping you around.

Yes, I'm a codefag. Azure is replacing you. YOU ARE GETTING REPLACED BY A FUCKING CLOUD

KILL YOURSELF

I've known a couple of mechanical engineers with 2.5 gpa do alright. They had to take some shit jobs at first, but it worked out for them.

>Over 10+ years in data center it here. I can build whole infrastructure. Rack stack cable. Heat and cool. Electricity provisioning. Cisco switch, and Nexus install and config.
I'd add Cisco ASA, Exchange, VMware, Sharepoint, MSSQL to that +++
And I'm not talking just administering, I'm talking installing, configuring too. I miss those days, I'm Director now. I couldn't configure fabricpath on a 7K for the life of me now.

you have no idea what are you talking about. Actual programming requires combination of autism and intellect possessed only by a small fraction of population

Someone is upset.
>types random shit into computer all day

>liked 10x more
If only that paid the bills.
People pretend to like people that can help them.

The money is tempting, but I commute to work. Not many places where you can buy a house with less than 1 year salary.

This is true, the salaries aren't going to stay as high as they are now. I graduated highschool like 10 years ago, and we were learning basic programming in 8th grade.

Most people don't enjoy it, and can't keep up with the constant learning required.

Also, tech bubble 2.0 is real.

this is your typical day
>hey IT faggot
>yes?
>i forgot my password again teehee
>ok Molly it's password123, don't forget it again ahha
>ok ITfag thanks you are so awesome

I fucking hate '''''''''IT Administrators'''''''''

On the opposite side. Those blue collar programmers are quickly destroying your white collar sanctuary. Medical, law, judicial, policy, finance, are all under attack.

The last jobs left will be to code the machines and to service them until even that is automated. These blue collar coding jobs WILL be the last line.

You really don't understand, and you proved it with that post.

You're confusing me with helpdesk. Do you guys outsource all your real IT work or something?

IT is everyone's bitch, it sucks.

You can make realllllly good money doing it in a place like Seattle though.

I'm not upset.

I left the corporate gig. I work in start-ups now. And guess what? We don't need you fucking faggots because we aren't retarded suit-wearing middle-management (((project managers)))

To truly be successful you need to be able to wear ALL of those hats, which is what I and my colleagues can easily do, and that is why you will never make close to the amount of money I make and never have the same job security.

>Getting a degree in CS
>Not realizing that poo will do your job for 1/4 your wage and work twice as many hours

Sure they do a shit job, but nobody cares. Enjoy being outsourced. Coding is a commodity job now.

Most people in every profession are worthless because most people are worthless. Good programmers can do a lot, as can good engineers, doctors, foremen...

I heard devs get paid shit in Canada. Like 40k. Any truth to that?
I can imagine wanting to find a well funded startup or start your own in that case

Coding is for poos with no social skills - it sucks the life out of you and disconnects you from the rest of humanity

System admins / network engineers make better $ without having to be bored to death sitting around writing code all day

Yes and no.

They are TRYING to destroy the white collar professions, but the tech isn't there yet.

And won't be for a long time.

You'll see doctors just learning to program in med school before you see medicine transition into the hands of programmers. The knowledge domain is too wide and too deep to be passed to engineers.

>To truly be successful you need to be able to wear ALL of those hats
Bingo. I have yet to meet a devfag who can wear even one correctly. Perhaps you're the exception.

Some fucking six sigma retard will try to push outsourcing as a cost saving measure. Fuck six sigma bull shit.

Wrong your average mcdonalds worker doesn’t have the mental capacity to come up with algortims to make certain programs tick. I’m not saying programmers are stupid I’m saying they think they Are much more important than they aftually are and are condescending.
I mean the current guy if he stays with the company will make a very comfortable salary a few years down the road. Will he make 160k no, but more than the average person and his job is pretty damn comfy and he has a good attitude which will carry you farther than these Cuckold Science degree holding chimps.
Seems like an easy job to me why you so mad?

Ask a future RN anything

Will be making a lot of money, and I won't be sitting in front of a computer all day

FURTHERMORE: My aspiration will be to work in aspiration will be to work in the NICU.

I'll be working with babies nigga, nothing traumatic

Y'all are so fucking mad right now

>Fuck six sigma bull shit
Preach it.
In the end the cost savings aren't there as long as you have the right talent in house. Finding that talent can be a challenge though. And I wasn't talking about outsourcing to India, but to companies like NWN or Presidio. Who both suck.

As a developer I wouldn't be so condescending if people weren't so stupid.

Most people doing office jobs are completely incompetent.
For example they spend all day fucking around with excel yet they never learn even the basics of excel that would make their work 10 times more productive.

Humans didn't evolve to work in offices.
Humans evolved to be peasants farming the fields of their masters.
If I tell you only the 1% brightest belongs in an office and I am being generous.

Nurses around here are starting at 23/hr

Machine learning is real. This isn't humans throwing all the info into a machine. It's humans designing a machine to learn shit by it self. The speed and advancement should not be inderestimated. What is 3+ gigahertz times cloud computing is infinity numbers of actions and calculations. Humans can't compete against that speed of evolution.

dunno I get paid a shitton because we never needed to hire faggots like I used to work somewhere where they had 'build engineers'. As long as the people know how to use Git, use something like entity framework to handle migrations and know how to write ANT/PS scripts those guys are out of a job as well.

what that ITFag fails to realize is that technology has made people like him obsolete. We run 4 Web Apps and 2 phone apps right now, servicing hundreds of thousands of customers through a dozen clients, and we'll never need dumbasses like him because of Azure. Amazon offers a similar service. He's completely retarded if he thinks companies still need an inhouse server stack to host their software. That is like, early 2000s shit.

He doesn't even know that he is obsolete. And I'm not even un-replaceable. The future is basically code that writes itself. You are pretty much going to type in your requirements into some neat little compiler and that'll shit out the code you need to handle said requirements.

>
>Nurses around here are starting at 23/hr
But yeah the scheduling and overtime are legit
I just don't like people that much to be a nurse

Philly starts around 30/hr. Left nursing to become a systems analyst. Best move of my life.

lel

Not mad.
Have fun wearing a faggot uniform all day, and doing a bitch's job. I weld, have no college debt, and make $35/hr.
Kill yourself faggot.

Oh sure, but at the point that machine learning is viable for health care, you won't even need programmers. You'll have doctors that have been trained to adjust the parameters or just interpret results.

And when you get to the point you don't even need a doctor, you won't need a programmer.

>Y'all are so fucking mad right now
Welcome to the Dev vs Ops fray, this is normal.

You are fucking retarded.
Charting us done electronically.

>Oregon
Nigga you can make twice that as a dev there
Let's try a real state not some commie economy

>when you realize there is literally no perfect job that isn't shit, paid shit, or will be paid shit due to foreigners

What the fuck is the solution?

>I'll be working with babies nigga, nothing traumatic

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Everyone point and laugh at this faggot. Sure you won't have to deal with burn victims, elderly, or other shit. You will be dealing with people's babies. That in alone will be traumatic, and try not to die of a heart attack by 40. Also being around babies doesn't mean they will survive at the hospital.

I'll heal human beings while you'll eventually die from cancer, listening to the same songs in your shop's classic rock radio station all day everyday

You'll also be surrounded by short tempered blue collar dipshits while I'll be surrounded by educated people

Inherit wealth that you can invest

EASY PEASY BRO

That's really not how machine learning works.

You can't just throw data into an algorithm and expect it to magically solve problems.
You have to be VERY specific about the problem you're trying to solve and configure the shit out of your machine learning algorithms.

>Type random shit
That's not how it works

I'm a dev and I'm far right, but I know some characters. They usually are web developers. In general, the less demanding stuff attracts not so bright people

I got a kid. I wouldn't want changing diapers as a permanent function of how I earn money.

Your job is important, and I respect you for it. I just think I'm capable of more than shit cleaner.

It's like any degree that touts high figures. People flock to it, and the salaries drop accordingly. Typically what happens is that you won't get those high salaries unless you went through an industry-loved school. With CS, it's Stanford. Yale is good for law. Petroleum majors, Colorado School of Mines.

I would recommend that people figure out which school has the best placement and salaries for their fields before picking a school. And if you're paying for the education out of your own pocket, make sure it makes economic sense.

>My son is in 4th grade and his school teaches them how to code
Let's not make hasty statements. You should get more informed about the kind of coding your son is taught.

It's not uncommon to teach some form of coding in elementary schools, but to my knowledge it is only on the most basic and simplest levels. It's like an introductionary course by creating your first 'Hello World' and telling you about variables and operators. Generally nothing useful, only general ideas about how computers work and how people make them work.
If it's less than 4 hours / week or under a female teacher, then they are most likely just playing LAN games.

Yeah, you'll sit in front of a computer all day until retirement age lol. Having an extra 10 inches on your screen on me would totally be worth it rofl

I hate the more conceited Ph.D Comp Sci tutors at uni

Nah. I calculated my reinvestment needs and will probably retire from full time dev work in 10 years

Yeah, a suffering baby wouldn't be as bad as a suffering adult.

My brain doesn't really process babies to be "humans" in the same way that it processes adolescents on up to be

Furthermore, I don't live in Africa. I live in Oregon. It'll be smooth sailing for the most part.

CS student in the UK, there is NOBODY who starts on more than 50k a year here. UK companies try you out on placement on 14k a year, if they like you, they hire you after 3rd year on about 40k if you do well.

Yeah, I hate the nu-programmer goal to destroy all careers. You're just setting yourselves up to be replaced by the people you displace if it ever happens. If you think a fucking doctor, scientist, or lawyer can't learn to program, you're in for a rude awakening when all the high achievers start targeting your profession and throwing your asses to the curb.

I'm also enjoying how upset they are getting about pajeet stealing jobs.

This was the same crowd 10 years ago making fun of poor whites complaining about Mexicans 'TAKIN DER JERBS!" and saying they should have learned 'real skills' that 'immigrants don't have'

Now the tides have shifted, and they are becoming anti-immigrant.

>Muh cloud
Works great for startups and some small businesses. But your complete lack of business IT knowledge really shows here. You will always need local infrastructure of some sort. Grow to 1000+ employees and you'll need someone like me. Or a team of them. Or a company that employs a team of them. Not only that, but do you think that shit at Amazon and Microsoft doesn't require people like me to run it and design it? Get your head out of your ass.

>no one respects you or your domain
Yet your entire business relies on it.

How do I apply

People under stress are some of the most short tempered people there are. Sounds like a great environment until you actually work in it. Best of luck to you though.

At this point it's choosing the best related algorithm, and modifying it. Most ppl are not designing them from scratch. Each year there are better learning resources, more advancements in the algorithms, and more people working on it. Take that and multiply it over time.

Easier, better, faster. Just like smart phones. 12 years ago, nobody could imagine the present. And in another 12 years your jobs will be in mass decline.

Start studying now before your white collar ass is sitting in the ebt line.

Either way, I couldn't get up knowing that I'm going to work for some corporation.

It'd be pic-related inside my soul

You're basically working so your boss can get a new speed boat, while in the medical field you'll be working to help your fellow neighbor. It makes getting up to work on a Monday morning that much easier.

Jfc what a dev nigger. SA life is where its at boys.

My first job was $62k and now I'm on $105k doing app development and React/Laravel work on a website.
Stay mad.

ETERNAL REMINDER ALL THE GOOD CODE THE SIMPLE CODE THAT ACTUALLY RUNS FOREVER SUCH AS PARKING METERS FOR 50 YEARS WITH NO DOWN TIME ON DOS, HAS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN fuck these code monkey larping niggers fuck them to hell

The cloud is a meme, who in the fuck puts commercial code into the cloud

See
Do you want to be replaced?

This is how you get replaced.

>System Analyst
Aka SQL faggot who took business courses and will max out at 120k while people who can write software will make 300k within 5 years.

>tfw making 52k as a python program
>23 y/o

Stay asshurt. My buddy working at epic made 100k out of the doors as a developer. He recently got a promotion.