Boomerism

Why are boomers so obsessed with their lawns? I have seen them sink thousands of dollars into keeping their grass green through the middle of summer, while also crying that social security isn't paying them enough. I have seen physical fights break out over a neighbor not mowing his lawn often enough. What is wrong with these fucking people? Why do they care THIS much about grass?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lIe0RyDPYOg
youtube.com/watch?v=VsPCY05nM78
youtube.com/watch?v=dXpVA7IAH1o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lawns are the instagram/facebook pages of the past. easiest way to advertise yourself as better than others is by having a better lawn

every generation has their attention whores

I don't give a single fucks about my lawn, boomers around me doesn't seems to care about theirs too.
I don't live in a suburb tho.

It's a symbol of how you conduct yourself. Chances are, if your lawn is shit, your house is shit and you're a lazy fat slob

If your yard is nice, it doesn't mean that you're not fat or a piece of shit lazy fuck, but there's a better chance you're not

Plus, it looks nice.

Got me. When I build my own place in a few years, I plan to plant Irish moss everywhere. Doesn't get above 3 inches tall. That way, I'll never have to mow or take care of it at all, aside from reseeding problem spots once every couple of years.

it's about social status, having a nice maintained lawn tells much about the person's wealth and not being lazy. Also towns ordiances play a roll.

They want to kill all the honey bees, every mowen lawn is a bee's desert.

The inside of my house is cozy and immaculate, but I don't touch the lawn of my rental. There's literally grass that's 6 inches tall because my landlord doesn't bother using a weedwacker, and I only use the lawn as a means of storing dog shit until it rains.

I would fill that lawn with trees. Fuck people.

If you don't have a beautifully manicured lawn, I question your whiteness.

>I only use the lawn as a means of storing dog shit until it rains.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

Having an unkempt lawn used to indicate the homeowner was either niggers or white trash. It still does, actually. You just have more boomers who own homes than younger people.

I have dogs. I have a lawn that isn't used for anything, aside from the landlord's riding lawn mower once every 2-4 weeks. He obviously doesn't give a shit about the lawn, so why should I? Rain dissolves the dog shit, and I don't have to deal with it.

I've been living at this place for close to 5 years (good rent - only 400/month) and haven't picked up any shit from my 3 dogs.

It's comfy.

It shows you take pride in your appearance.

It adds value to your home and neighborhood.

It provides some exercise.

It gives your children a place to play.

It is closely associated with strong conservative values.

It is indicative of responsibility.

But hey, you soyboy Sup Forums types that want to eat Hot Pockets and play Cup Head in your lonely apartment all day are fine to disagree.

Also: Eurofags don't need to comment, because you're just jealous of wide open spaces.

Meant for

It helps them forget about how they destroyed the western world

Taking care of a lawn is almost zen like. It's very relaxing. Gardening also. Though yea, some people take it too far. Im not going to waste money on my grass. Sometimes I don't cut it for a couple weeks and it looks like a jungle. Like I give a fuck. Cutting it after 2 weeks is satisfying.

No sorry, an orchard or large garden or crops are better than an empty desolate fucking lawn

in AZ they have "winter grass" that they plant every year
shits comfy as fuck

Visting SEA and PDX quite frequently, I find that a poorly maintained yard (home) is pretty indicative of liberal priorities. Ballard has literally went to shit; it was bad enough when w/the water restrictions in July/August, but numales don't give a shit all twelve months of the year.

>rental

Well there you go. I don't treat a rental car like i treat my actual car

>It's comfy.
To you. It's a high-maintenance, high cost headache to me. Nothing comfy about that.

>It shows you take pride in your appearance.
I take more pride in my actions.

>It adds value to your home and neighborhood.
I don't give a shit. I've been here 5 years, and any introductions to the neighbors were only done due to me making the effort. Fuck their property. As for me, it's a rental. I don't give a shit.

>It provides some exercise.
Or I could just take my dogs for a walk.

>It gives your children a place to play.
Kids don't want to play outside these days, from what I can tell. The only friend I have that has children takes them to the YMCA regularly, and they seem to have more fun there.

>It is closely associated with strong conservative values.
So what?

>It is indicative of responsibility.
So is pretty much anything else once you become independent.

>But hey, you soyboy Sup Forums types that want to eat Hot Pockets and play Cup Head in your lonely apartment all day are fine to disagree.
Will do.

my mower finally blew up this summer and my grass got a little tall, not noticable from 10 yards away. sheriff showed up and said $1,000 id owe the county if he had to mow it. So i barrowed a mower and mowed it. I shit you not though, i only went three summer weeks without mowing it. and my house and those around me are all small prefab homes. fucking boomers

Boomers gonna boom.

pride of ownership

Disagree.
My house immaculate because I'm an OCD germaphobic faggot, but my lawn is shit because I refuse to pay someone to do it, and it's too hot outside.
I hate to sweat.

why wouldnt you take pride in your lawn??? that lawn in your pic, would be worth a million dollars easy where i live. why not rub your success in your neighbours faces? dont you have any pride in where you live?

One can do whatever they like (free will), but the key is to maintain it.

OP posts a photo of large front lawn. For all we know, it's a septic field and you can't plant trees over it. For all we know, it has pines on both sides of the house. We don't know shit, just a tiny pic.

For the record: I have three acres, one of grass (cut weekly), the other two pines, willows and lilac bushes.

Some cop said that about a rental I was in a decade ago. I borrowed the weed-wacker from work and scalped the entire lawn. Intentionally. It was a muddy mess, but I wasn't stepping on the lawn at all anyways.

>Lives in a rental.

That is your #1 problem. You aren't trying hard enough to be independent of another party, whether it's your parents (which you probably lived with within the last ten years) or some stranger (whom you're making wealthy.

Christ...don't they teach you sponges anything about responsibility. I bet your mom banned you from using the lawn mower because it was too dangers for you and your Sunny Delight.

>muh freedom, proceed to laugh at bricuck
>can't have tall lawn

Are you fucking stupid? Nothing is 100% the case, ya fucking moron. How retarded are you

>That is your #1 problem. You aren't trying hard enough to be independent of another party, whether it's your parents (which you probably lived with within the last ten years)
Swing and a miss

>or some stranger (whom you're making wealthy.
400 per month is reasonable for a pet-friendly duplex with central heat/air, all wood floors, an attached garage, and dishwasher, garbage disposal, stove, and fridge included with the rent.

As for why I haven't purchased property, I don't need to give bankers interest. Why? My dead grandpa. I've got around a million dollars coming to me in 4 years, so long as I don't get any drug or alcohol charges before then. Once I get that, I'm building my house with cash.

That shit is so stupid. Who gives a fuck what others think about you.

Cut your lawn if you want to, don't if you don't want to.

Point is, do it for yourself not because that's what you think others want you to do. I'm sick and tired of people being so preoccupied with what others think.

While I agree boomers are fucked, theres nothing wrong with keeping a good yard and taking pride in it

Oh, also, my parents had a 2 acre lawn. Guess who was in charge of taking care of it while I was growing up? That's right, this guy. This guy got to manicure a 2 acre lawn for a decade using nothing but a self-propelled lawnmower and a weed wacker. Twice per week. Everything bagged.

Fuck lawns.

Mowing the lawn for me is like the weekly survey of my land. Mowing your lawn leads to a better understanding of the whole layout of your plot. It is the gateway to good home maintainence and i recommend doing it every weekend in spring and summer, every other weekend in fall and winter.

You should watch King of the Hill OP...

that's a good looking lawn, stop lowering property values OP

It's the fault of your "Royals". Lawns are the invention of British Aristocracy. They became a symbol of wealth and excess because wasting time cultivating, irrigating, and maintaining a mono-culture non-food crop was at one time only available to Lords and above. You can see how easy that was adopted in a country where every man's home is his castle, and every man himself a king as yet unrecognized. ALL. YOUR. FAULT.
You should feel bad, and ashamed, for what your kind has done to this planet, and the history of mankind. To you i say, "Good day, sir"

>Lawns help cool the surrounding air.

I like nice green lawns better than the ugly ass over grown lawns crack heads and niggers have with the bikes, car parts, that random glass table and cheap metal fire pit thats hidden in it.

And if you got more than an acre of grass and dont feel like mowing it, build something, have a cow or two. Heck even a horse. Theres always something you can do to grass

Gasoline is easier

Que the RetardAlert.gif from South Park.

because they spend more time outside than you, idiot

and when the grass is damp or wet it sucks ass walking through it, keep that shit mowed down you absolute retard.

mowing the yard is pretty fun if you have a riding mower too

It's their replacement for having a real life to be proud grandchildren, religious, racial, and cultural identity etc is all meaningless to them. They only care about worthless shit like home values, the NFL and their Social Security check.

That lawn makes me wet!
I want to water that lawn!
Mow it!
Touch it!
Roll around on it!

If only I had that same square footage.

>reduces risk of fire
>keeps air cooler
>traps dust and dirt, keeps it off your property
>proves you are not a nigger (They can't maintain anything, especially not lawns)

>I hate to sweat.

Kill yourself, you weak lazy fuck.

But Paco, how else could your mother's husband afford to house and feed his wife's boyfriend's son?

big lawns are the epitome of boomer stupidity

just another useless possession that was valued literally just to own and that's it, it serves no utility at all and is a pain in the ass to maintain and most people that aren't from that era think it's retarded

I grew up in the country and a big open field was always, always more fun than a fucking mowed lawn. a lawn with short grass was good for playing in the sprinkler and that's about it and it sure as fuck didn't need to be enormous to do that

anyone that's walked through the bush and come across clearings knows exactly why a nice clean lawn is useless; it doesn't exist in nature for a fucking reason

Sounds like your neighborhood would be better if it was populated by the kinds of people who care for their lawns.

They do. I don't.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Don't call yourself a man until you can actually take care of your properties. Don't be a nigger.

And yes, properties. Plural. Buy land and invest your money wisely. Only rent or sell to whites.

>t. Never Played a Sport

>your property
>letting other people tell you what to do with YOUR land
>bowing before your snotty neighbors who only mow their law because their wives make them
>wasting your weekend mowing your lawn and tending your flowers to take your mind off how shit your life it
>not having a fulfilling hobby so you just try to make worthless grass look good

Lawns are a fucking joke, they are work that leads to nothing. It's land that could be used to make produce and edible vegetables, but instead people just grow worthless plants on it because their domineering government made it illegal to grow tomatoes and eat them on THEIR property.

Do yourself a favor and invest your time in a hobby. Or, if you are actually going to act like a farmer actually grow shit you can eat, not plants that just sit there and demand your time like a fat gold digging wife.

Ancaps are literally Gump.
youtube.com/watch?v=lIe0RyDPYOg

The amount of organic vegetable you could grow on a portion of that lawn. What a waste. You would have plenty for neighbours

Yank scum

>spending time outside by sitting on a midget tractor
>shitty work is fun

Exactly. MUH CAPITALIST LAWN AND NIHILIST KANGZ OV PROPUHTA is literally worse than nigger-tier.

Youre a nasty fuck. I bet your house smells just like your yard you fucking degenerate.

mowing a lawn is easy, actually doing something with it is hard

people like being lazy (I do too before you call me a hypocrite)

FPBP

the attention whoring got so bad that they actually made it illegal in a lot of towns to NOT to attention whore like this guy found out the hard way

Nope. Smells like Glade Cozy Autumn Cuddle.

A well kept lawn is like putting your house in a suit.

My fucking grandma is blind and has been blind her entire life. She bought sod 20 years ago and pulls weeds every day.

Im not shitting you, she has a glorious lawn.

A leisure suit maybe. This would be a suit:
youtube.com/watch?v=VsPCY05nM78

Tell her to KYS.

A well maintained lawn is basically anti nigger.

So basically you have the mentality of a jungle tier nigger?

this is the beginning of the end

Realizing that a well manicured lawn is a giant pain in the ass and a moneyhole isn't nigger-tier. Not even thinking about the lawn, and whether you should take care of it or not is nigger-tier. Niggers don't think.

boomers are fags.

>It's comfy.

faggot.

It's like an indicator. If someone's yard is full of trash and weeds because they can't spend an hour or two here and there to maintain it they're probably a slob or not someone who can be relied upon (back when neighborhoods were more community oriented and people went to each other for help, trading work, favors, etc.). Really, only nigs and hick trash keep their yards in disarray and that disarray reflects itself in other aspects of their lives.

The beginning of the end was Social Security. We are around 80 years past the beginning of the end.

gardens are anti-nigger and anti-jew because they produce useful goods.

lawns are pro-jew because you have to buy shit to maintain it.

I have a house and a nice lawn. I don't post that shit though, fucking every piece of shit my age wants to hang out. Fuckers spent all their money on new cars or video games or some dumb shit and are stuck living in shitbag apartments. Goddamn apartments are for fucking trash.

Boomers are basically children. They were brainwashed from birth with 3 television channels which almost everyone watched. They were raised by this propaganda and will always look to it for guidance.

Most boomers who tried to figure out how to break the conditioning ended up becoming hippies or converting to leftism, as they were the prevailing countercultures at the time.

Boomers are not compatible with a free internet. Take note how boomers instantly flocked to Facebook; it's a carebear safespace where they can re-enact their "high tech" fantasies without actually being "high tech".

Obviously not, as we are still here and going (talking about the US). As long as the federal reserve is in charge (and their boss, the BIS), printing currency after currency, out of thin air we will never know how humane people can be or any other altruistic dream. Cmon how good are the people in charge? Media...ajoke. Hollywood...even worse. Academia....a diploma mill. The judiciary...who knows.....

Need to come on here with real numbers about social security.

What needs to happen is the dollar (not the fed res note) needs to be backed by silver

its pride in ones property, like the lord of the land.

There is no utility in an empty lawn. You grow grass just to cut it. Simply wasteful.

Instead, I will grow crops (raised beds if soil is shit) and feed myself. As well plant trees for privacy.
Lawns are a perfect image for how foolish the boomer cucks are.

Just reseeded and fallscaped.

Stop being a faggot op

Who gives a shit about lawns? These old cunts are shitting up the board with retarded opinions and the obstinacy of cows.

youtube.com/watch?v=dXpVA7IAH1o

Ahhhhh the French champagne

You can literally replace what you wrote about boomers with millenials. lol

that pesky phrase :the more things change the more they stay the same

Lawns piss me off. Plant trees instead faggots

lol wtf nigga you have a corn field in front of your house or something?

>But hey, you soyboy Sup Forums types that want to eat Hot Pockets and play Cup Head in your lonely apartment all day are fine to disagree.
Yeah you are a video game playing hot pocket eating retard. The ones who are the most critical of video games or whatever it is are usually just that soyboys. Nice reddit spacing btw.

Millenials (post gen Y), sure, they are zombies.

Gen Y's who broke the conditioning were lolbertarians.

Post Gen-Y's are once again caught up in a few social apps, sure, it seems to be the case.

No you can't. A lot of millenials were raised by the internet, not TV, and have a possibility of changing their outlooks and minds. Look at Sup Forums. Boomers are obstinate as fuck.

most educated man ITT

>Why are boomers so obsessed with their lawns?
Boy, you ain't right.

An important distinction is Gen Y, the younger millenials. They were raised by a free internet, not whatever the fuck we have now.

I'm not a nigga.
I grew up with crops and 5 acres of forest.
If we are to be better then the boomers, we must see the errors in their ways. Lawns are there to show face, but are entirely wasteful.

It's less about the lawn and more about the sense of pride you get knowing that when someone passes by your house they aren't thinking "wow, what a fucking shit hole." The lawn is only a pawn in the game.

It's also worth noting that it's the white man who always has the best kept lawns and yards. Shitskins don't give a shit about their lawn because half the time they're renting, they're Chinese, or they're just useless fucking losers in general - a nice lawn at least makes you look like much less of a useless fucking loser.

Cut your grass. Take pride in yourself.

Cut your grass just to grow it. Real smart.
The idea is to derive utility out of our "things" not just to look nice.

>I'm better than you because I waste my life polluting the earth to make it look green.
The absolute state of peak civilisation.