Redpill me on Orthodoxy? Is it the true religion? (might convert)

Can someone please redpill me on Orthodoxy? I've been in some neo Protestant like cult all my life and I've never been satisfied by how empty and unfulfilling it has become. First of all I'm not allowed to marry people outside my religion, can't celebrate any other holiday associated with paganism, can't date anyone outside my religion, can't go to other church services or get expelled, [insert long list of generic cult stuff]

Catholicism has already been tainted with anti birth pills, kissing migrant feet, dogs into heaven, etc. and keep changing their dogma to appease more followers. Southern Baptist, Episcopal, etc. all seem like mini versions of Protestantism that don't feel like the true religion to me.

//Tl;dr, Orthodoxy is the only best religion and I should convert

>>against ((multiculturalism))
youtu.be/hDuWuuDU15M

>>against modern-day degeneracy
youtu.be/2JzJ3aSIqTY

>>against atheists
youtu.be/XfSPgO-4uJA

>>against PC and ((them))
youtu.be/7DelzzJmJjM

>>against ISIS and supports Uncle Trump
youtu.be/TlcFNWolANQ

Inspiring speech:
youtu.be/XfSPgO-4uJA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_yAPaPvmUUY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y4xL0cDKWUs
youtube.com/watch?v=g9ksr6Sb_2A
youtube.com/watch?v=nIIafzpAVRI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, begom Ordodox

Begom youtube.com/watch?v=_yAPaPvmUUY

Yeah, it's the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. You should definitely join. But on the other hand we are DEFINITELY not without our problems. Don't expect every Ortho you meet to be some sort of based trad. We're sinners, all of us. Of course, don't join us because you're trad, join us because our religion is true.

Do you have any specific questions we can help with?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4xL0cDKWUs

Yes it's true and beautiful. And it's time Europe convert to authentic Christianity

I was a godfather to a muslim not long ago
I almost burst out laughing at the river when the priest said, being baptized is the servant of God, Muhamed.

Do as you wish, nobody can sell it to you, you either take it or not.
And the Church is not supposed to have any political agenda, its supposed to be a community of people who worship, very comfy community as well.
I dont know about Orthodox Christianity being the original Christianity, here 90% of it is pagan traditions still being kept but under a different name. I asked an old priest and he confirmed it and said it would be a devastating sin to get rid of those traditions or to look down upon our ancestors.
Mentioned correlations between the old top god Svarog and God Father from the trinity, last of his Sons being Jesus, Himself, as a last chance to humanity that will destroy themselves.
Asked him about other pagan gods, he just said that the existence before the man is not ours to meddle in, angels came before man.
Very open minded he was, but very incoherent because im a little thick and dont understand spiritual talk too good.
All in all, when you are at a liturgy, you do feel far more uplifted and spiritual, ulike DAS RIGHT MMMMMHMMMM PREACH ON IT OH LAWD IN JESUS NAME fake frenzy
Catholics desecrate the Holy Spirit with their pope. Pope is NOT chosen by God

They believe in salvation through works and thereby aren't bible-believing Christians.
Step up your game homie.

For real: the Schism is on. This criminal pope's hubris is ALWAYS worse than his predecessors'. NATO cannot win since jfk except v USSR. USSR gone...Russia restored to a nation, without a royal family, but due to the lack of pedophilia, masonry, and conyemot for the great whore (judaism) and beast/false prophet(s)(islam), Orthadoxy has never been a schill religion.

What is the name of the research in Age of empires 2 with which a monk can convert an enemy monk?
youtube.com/watch?v=g9ksr6Sb_2A

Orthodox is Catholic without the Pope. And cooler

Will you tell us the Orthodox soteriology then? Because I doubt you even know what it is.

Definitely. Just don't forget to bring rations for 3 days to church.

Zoroastrianism is the true religion

It is both manly and Aryans, unlike sissy (((cuckstianity)))

I'll pass on the dualism, thanks.

Isn't Christianity dualism as well?

Zoroastrian Dualism is different from Christian/Gnostic/Platonic Dualism

Zoroastrianism doesn't condemn the body, on the contrary they condemn what could harm health like fasting, and so on

The only true dualism's Orthodox Christianity hold are a Creator/Creation, and an Essence/energies distinction; which are basically the same anyway.
The Holy Trinity is the only way to make sense of unity and multiplicity, without becoming a complete monist or dualist.

>platonic hocus pocus
>making sense of anything
Good one

>Implying you are not already a orthocuck

>Thomas Jefferson

>some britbong on an Athenian shadow puppetry cave

Heres the chart.

> can't celebrate any other holiday associated with paganism
Nah, all of our holidays are like those. Like Easter and Christmas, for example.

>The average Orthodox Christian
youtube.com/watch?v=nIIafzpAVRI

I don't know what the true church is but I wager it isn't the Orthodox. Probably the Catholic

Is orthodoxy truly derived from the original traditions of the early church?
What is your take on salvation, what does it take?
What is theosis?
How does the orthodox dogma differ from "western theology" in terms of metaphysics?

True brainlet. Wasn't Jefferson a deist?
The trinity was created to underline the mystery and transcendental nature of God, as well as to make the dogma impervious to the logical reductionism of greek logic.
God can't be completely understood by rationality alone as he is metaphysically separate.
If one insists God can be apprehended by rationality alone is to reduce him to the material, whatever that is, it can't be God.

Read the Cappadocian church father's trinitarian theology.

>Wasn't Jefferson a deist?
Yes, and? I'm not arguing against deism.

>The trinity was created to underline the mystery and transcendental nature of God, as well as to make the dogma impervious to the logical reductionism of greek logic.
You mean to make the belief in God irrational and allow the clergy to have a monopoly on religious matters through the doctrine of an incomprehensible creator, whose will they alone can somehow correctly interpret and, worst of all, represent on Earth with their popes and priests.

You're absolutely right that the concept of Trinity was created though. Shame you don't realize what it was created for.

>If one insists God can be apprehended by rationality alone is to reduce him to the material
What a stupid thing to say. The fact that God may be transcendental doesn't mean he has to be beyond reason, much less that a rational God is necessarily a material God.

>Is orthodoxy truly derived from the original traditions of the early church?
>What is your take on salvation, what does it take?
>What is theosis?
> in terms of metaphysics?
Lol fucking what? Explain.

>You mean to make the belief in God irrational and allow the clergy to have a monopoly on religious matters through the doctrine of an incomprehensible creator, whose will they alone can somehow correctly interpret and, worst of all, represent on Earth with their popes and priests.
God approached the prophets, they did not start the dialogue with their rationality. Rationality has it's place as it can be used to realize God's law but not God himself.
You're damn right I think the clergy should have monopoly on religious matters, the church should be anchored in tradition and guide their flocks. It's their job to be informed about dogma and tradition. And to bring these forth, in their correct form, to the public.

I'm baptised as a prottie and I detest the idea of individual interpretation. Just look what has happened since the reformation, heresies galore and an upsurge of atheism. It's ridiculous.
Luther basically demolished the role of the clergy and it has since been destroying civilization, bringing forth decadence and all kinds of ungodly things.

>What a stupid thing to say. The fact that God may be transcendental doesn't mean he has to be beyond reason, much less that a rational God is necessarily a material God.
We are material, hence our faculties are material . If something is above and prior to everything material, it is indeed separate. Basic metaphysics. Logos is what can be perceived by rationality, not God.

Those are specific questions I'd like answered by someone who is familiar with the subject matter.

>I'd like answered by someone who is familiar with the subject matter.
Most of orthdox christians don't give a fuck about it

What a shame. I'm going to study theology so I'm pretty interested in this stuff.
Plus I'm thoroughly disappointed in my church.

>Rationality has it's place as it can be used to realize God's law but not God himself.
>Logos is what can be perceived by rationality, not God
>I'm going to study theology

To make the church great again we literally have to go back to 787 A.D

>Catholicism has already been tainted with anti birth pills
anti-birth pills are a mortal sin in Catholicism, but they are allowed in orthodoxy
>kissing migrant feet,
kissing feet on a certain occasion is part of christianity in general, the Pope being a virtue signalling leftist does not change that
>dogs into heaven, etc.
Animals don't go to heaven. You probably have this retarded opinion because Pope Paul VI once gave an ambiguous answer to some kid to cheer him up because he was sad his dog had died, but that sentence in no way implied that the kid would actually see his dog in heaven

If these are your problems with Catholicism, you should know that Orthodoxy allows contraception, divorce and abortion.

Nice argument there, breh

Vlad, I am Orthodox in UK, but do not want to raise a family here because it's basically illegal to actually practice my faith. Where is the best place to move, logistically, and be a practicing Orthodox Christian? Sincere question.

Woah, based Finn understands caste distinction, and that spiritual truths can be better understood by some (teachers) than others. Major props.

I was raised Baptist and I’ve been attending an Orthodox Church for the last month. Pretty sure I’m going to convert.

Let your heart lead you, and of course, pray and ask God for guidance. God bless you for seeking the Truth.

Catholics are heretics.

Thanks, based paki.
Actual traditionalists are hard to come by.

> BEGOME

As rare here as in Finland. It's why I think I am going to have to emigrate.

Fr. Seraphim Rose, a spiritual student of Rene Guenon helped bring me to Orthodoxy.

>It's why I think I am going to have to emigrate.
Where to?
>Fr. Seraphim Rose, a spiritual student of Rene Guenon helped bring me to Orthodoxy.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Not sure. Considering an Orthodox country but will need to learn the language beforehand. I would opt for Greece if they ever paid their debnts. Belarus, Russia are options. Also Catholic countries, Slovakia, Hungary, and Poland all have pretty significant little Orthodox communities

I know all these places are significantly poorer than the UK, but the public and oftentimes legal derision with which religion in general is treated here has convinced me I could not have a family life in this place.

God said "no" when he drowned the original patriarchies in Islam.

it's sad, but to this day I think the patriarchies would still be Christian majority lands if they had remained Catholic...

Pretty brave move. Been considering moving to the countryside myself, to get further away from all the degeneracy. Cities are no for a family these days.
There's only 1% orthodox people in Finland, but the Finnish orthodox church is still the second national church here.

Cool digits
I don't think it's so simple. Catholicism has had it's fair share of problems as well. Reformation, thirty years war, losing the culture war to globalism in America, and Europe by extension, disfiguration of the latin mass in many places, 2nd vatican council etc. And atheism plaguing all faith.

Undoubtedly Catholicism has its fare share of flaws and I won't say it's getting better, but between protestants, catholics and orthodox, the catholic faith seems to be the strongest of the three. Protestantism only loses because it seems to breed atheism for some reason.

Catholicism, while largest, seems to be quite diluted also. Protestantism is by far the worst of the three, since the lack of clerical authority undermines the whole church structure and teachings. To me it seems that orthodoxy hasn't diluted it's dogma or structure to get people to join, like the other two seem to have done.
This is why I think it probably is the truest of the three.

Join the Serbian Orthodox Church, OP. In wartime our priests become guerilla leaders.

There's really no alternative in Britain. You can't just 'move to the country' anymore, because the state and its intrusions on daily life are so huge through the regimented school system, and in fact Scotland is now introducing a program where every single child will have a social worker to 'monitor' them to determine if they should be taken into care, a harbinger of things to come.

God bless Serbia. I love reading about your nation's history, and the courage your people had in the face of the American dogs. One day there shall be justice.

Sadly, it's literally impossible to convert unless you marry one of them.

Supposedly though, when their next savior comes he gets to convert anyone, so I guess we'll just have to wait