I don't know if this is the right board to post but here it goes

I don't know if this is the right board to post but here it goes

>be me, work at a small computer shop
>shit tier shop iphone5c goes off this morning
>pages of texts
>guy gives generic American first name, and says he wants me to "format 10 machines to Windows 10", asks price
>give him price
>immediately responds and agrees, says he will send agreed price plus $3100 for a private courier that he wants me to pay upon dropping off the laptops

Am I looking too far into this? Is it normal for people to use private couriers to ship multiple laptops? Also, his English was kind of broken, and he gave shitty excuses as to why he couldn't talk on the phone, "in hospital having ear surgery". The only problem is, I don't see how this could be negative in any way as he would pay me up front, unless it was some pizzagate shit. What should I do?

Do your job faggot

Not politics. Also you're an idiot don't

Sounds like money laundering lol, pay close attention to this 'courier'

Ask the courier for the platinum chip. If he refuses, shoot him in the head.

Only correct answer.

The government only cares if the money laundering people are white or Italians. All Muslims get free passes

As long as the place that you work at is paid in full, then who gives a fuck what is happening

Do forensics on the hard disks before you reformat.

Dont all computerrepair types always scour their clients devices for anything illegal so they can make some extra money as tipsters or perhaps with blackmail? Obviously if your spider senses are tingling you should look into it and see if there's anything fishy there.

Accept no checks or CCs, cash only

If he pays in all cash then maybe if not then its fucking nothing.

>customer wants you to pay someone they hired

Wat. Basically they stole money via Poo in the Loo scams. Now they need a way to "spend it" so it comes back to them. Makes no fucking sense for you to pay the courier, courier should be paid directly from their account. This is the digital age, if he can text you to get laptops fixed he can text his company to pay the courier... who is suppossed to be beading back to their company anyway.

Id tell him to take a shower because I can smell the curry through the phone.

>plus $3100 for a private courier that he wants me to pay
wut

Sounds like the craigslist scam OP

IF you find pizza-related materials, you are required by federal law to report it.

>itt niggers who don't know how a Nigerian Prince scam works

He will send you a check you will cash, give the extra cash to the courier, and then in a month you will find out the check was bad when the bank recovers the money from your account.

Damn, faggot, learn to internet

>plus $3100 ..he wants me to pay..
spotted the flaw. he pays you with some cancellable payment method or stolen card adding on the $3k to the total, you pay the courier cash, get a box of bricks or some shit. Or the laptops are real, the rest is same. DONT PAY ANYONE FROM YOUR OWN FUNDS, fuck how hard issit not to be stoopid?

probably what's happening is the caller is a pajeet who works in IT for DumbCo. the "courier" is his roommate. pajeet wants to pay you $3100 extra with DumbCo's money. DumbCo will not realize they are overpaying because pajeet has spending decision power. then you give the $3100 to his friend and Pajeet and his friend split it. or if he's really crafty he gives his friend $100 and pockets the $3k.

this is called a kickback. this is a common way of doing "business" across all industries. best idea is to just agree and go along with it. then next time pajeet sends an order increase the price by $500 or $1000 and pocket that money yourself.

if you're worried about how to write up the $3100 just make it a special offer rebate. you can even do a receipt for it. this is very common.

>he sends devices, check for job + courier fee
>you pay courier check
>your check goes through, because you're honest
>whoops his hot check bounced
>phone number can't be traced to any name or physical location

Get fuk, idiot.

OP here, update and some clarification.

I own this shop, so I don't work for anyone. The client is trying to pay with a CC upfront, I cant tell if his broken English is due to being from the middle East or because he's deaf.

And yes and no regarding scouring hdds. I usually only do it if something seems off, as I generally have a lot of shit to do and cloning people's data partitions takes too much time.

Not normal, don't look in to it. Do your job, pretend everything is normal. You are being surveilled and will become bologna if you get cute by doing anything more than your job. I 100% guarantee it's mossad at the helm.

Tell him cash only. Watch him flip his shit.

Just do and report any immediate cp you find or else just play dumb

No, he wants to transfer the $3100 to the shop account, and pay the courier when he drops off the laptops, and keep the rest.

Cash only.

An obvious scam is obvious.

This is a classic scam, theyre scamming you out of the delivery fee, the laptops are probably worthless decoys to fool you into thinking its somewhat legit.

Put a car for sale on craigslist and you will get similar messages of someone who will buy it at asking price, no questions, only thing he asks is to pay for his agent or the car shipping, and probably asks you to make an account on paypal.com.hdydb.net, and then he "sends" you the fu ds to the fake site he set up.

Install 10 on a bunch of obsolete laptops?That's a little off.

if he can pay you upfront, he can pay 'the courier' upfront. Or let me guess, its 'a courier' who only takes cash. Generally, if you feel something might be a scam, its because its a scam.

You must be about 18 years old to not immediately recognize this scam.

is it a personal card or a corporate card? if nigger is trying to send you thousands of dollars worth of business from a reputable company just take it. tell him you will give the courier a rebate that can be redeemed for cash.

dump an image of the hdd here

no they aren't supposed to scour but if they see something illegal they are obligated to tell police

You might want to check credit card with your cc processing company. Hopefully you don’t use shit tier cc processing.

Some foreign cards ad massive fees that don’t batch to end of month.

Depends... cheap foreign people will use old software that requires old systems.

Definitely a personal card. But the thing is, I'm from a small town, and plenty of elderly people want their old garbage updated to 10, and seemingly obvious scams turn out to be legit.

I don't think this is legit at all. Just wanted some opinions to see what my next move is. Guy claims he is "god fearing" and "am not scam". So, obvious habib. This town is a college town so I get a lot of Saudis that come in and the last thing they want to do is pay asking price for anything. Next question is, what would be a good way to burn this guy?

Stolen card most likely.
The 3100 to his "courier" is just his friend(most likely himself) picking up your credit withdrawl.

He will send you a check. He will ask you to cash the check and give the $3100 difference to the courier. Your bank will make the funds immediately available to you so you can withdraw the $3100 and pay the guy, but ultimately the check will bounce and your bank will want that money back. They will close your account because you are a stupid customer, a liability, and you will be out $3100 dollars.

If you get a cashier's check, feel free to call the bank and confirm the fraudulent nature of the check. If you would like to be funny, strong the scammer along. They're usually African or Indian.

DO NOT DO IT! I've seen this scam before - he will use stolen credit card & you will be on the hook for it.

>Guy claims he is "god fearing" and "am not scam".
scammer confirmed. go ahead, wait on 'the courier' with a friend (or two), invite him into the basement for some interrogation ala Pulp Fiction. If he turns out to have been legit, hell, shit happens. Wont be tho, for fucking sure.

Yeah I kind of assumed that. He says his name is James, refuses to give his last name, etc.

Yeah get money up front... sneaky foreigners will try to trap you within agreement. If he delivers, and you give back unfinished, he’ll try to fake you out with a bartering deal. I’d send him an agreement with total price, get him to sign and return original.. payment up front. Don’t pidgin yourself with dates. Tell him store policy requires over x amount of dollars. Hopefully he doesn’t send a bunch of broken computers and claim you broke them. Cover your ass with muslims

Why are we still talking about this? Sage

>plus $3100 for a private courier
What? How much?

Anyway, other than that, this isn't that weird is it? He's probably running a small business and wants the job done quickly, upgrading everything at once. He's paying way over the odds for that courier, though. Maybe suggest you go round to his offices and install the upgrades for half that?

LARP

I’m thinking kid in basement and foreign guy heard about him... easy mark about to be raped

Make sure you are paid in full up front(legitimately, ie credit, debit, or wait for the check to clear). This sounds like it could be a scam to me.

You wish kid.

Also, sage this shit. It's not even a related thread and I didn't think it would go on this long.

>He's paying way over the odds for that courier, though.

He (the "customer") isn't paying shit. OP would be the one paying the "courier", IN CASH. Are you stupid, or just pretending to be stupid?

Go down to Best Buy’s and get a copy of the geek squad contract.

>pay with a CC upfront
means absolutely nothing.
Cash only, son.

back up all contents.

Fpbp

deny deny deny

Call your supervisor. He is probably an Indian, don't trust them!

Did he mention a cashier's check by chance?

kek
>this

He can cash advance against his credit card.

Cash only or tell him to eat a dick, and get this Sup Forums post the fuck out of here to Sup Forums.

Tell the courier that you found something on the laptops. Then say you require 5k cash to dispose of evidence.
If he does not agree tell him you are calling the police.
Watch the poo freak