Is the Mandela effect real? Does the government/CIA create false memories to experiment on us?

Is the Mandela effect real? Does the government/CIA create false memories to experiment on us?

Other urls found in this thread:

debunkingmandelaeffects.com/category/mandela-effects/
youtu.be/IcnV2wu99mw
youtu.be/BRYupzzLFBE
youtube.com/watch?v=zcjYB1hLzLg
youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1lTyy-HxE
youtube.com/watch?v=lKrAKxzAXsk
youtube.com/watch?v=hfvPDO5YJmw
youtube.com/watch?v=5PDVQh0610U&t=218s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

no people are just retards and remember shit wrong

The Sinbad genie movie existed.

It's an effect of temporal divergences since we ruptured the probability meniscus with the trinity bomb test

Nothing to worry about, it will just result in a world where a fated future is bound to occur no matter what we try to do to avoid it. A horrible, terrible future.

Well, see ya later!

What are you talking about?

Yes, you are always being manipulated. Paradoxically I am manipulating you and even if you don't believe it, you are being manipulated to not believe it

Nothing to see here! Please Disperse.

Look into CERN. Im fairly certain it is CERN that is making this all happen.

mk ultra on a population scale

did C3po always have a silver leg?

No it was always Shaq and you're getting your niggers mixed up.

That was Kazam, dumbass.

Win.

Yes and Google it's involved.

Why does the Mandela Effect only impact things that are inconsequential? It's almost always bullshit related to movies, tv, or advertising. See here
>debunkingmandelaeffects.com/category/mandela-effects/
Lucas changed so much shit in his movies that I can't be assed to know if something was in the original.
It's the same movie. Which is more believable, you and some other people implanting false memories or the universe being broken?

No I distinctly remember going to both movies. Shazaam was literally the only reason I knew who sinbad was. Only found out about the mandella affect because I was reminiscing about the 90s and made a comment about shazam Kazaam and how they basically made the same movie twice in the span of 3 years and the dude I was with called me a conspiracy theorist.

earth moved, used to be Sagittarius arm on very edge of galaxy (Sagittarius dwarf a galaxy), now Orion arm is on opposite side of galaxy and near super-massive black hole galactic center instead of edge of galaxy. check old maps from before 1999. here's carl sagan and neil degyson both talking about earth being on edge of galaxy / sagitarius
youtu.be/IcnV2wu99mw sagan
youtu.be/BRYupzzLFBE Tyson
there's no article on the internet about how or why earth moved, yet it's now common consensus we're in Orion, somehow this change happened without a single article appearing online about our move.

Yes that dude from happy town? Already died of cancer everyone on /tv paying respects . Reddit was spamming it on every board. Yestarday he is alive and the cancer returned . So he got cured and its back .

>Shazaam was literally the only reason I knew who sinbad was.
same here

I remember nelson mandela dying in prison.

That doesn't mean it happened.
>youtube.com/watch?v=zcjYB1hLzLg
Human memory is not reliable, yet our minds will rationalize our memories as absolutely perfect.

I know a physics professor, who like to dabble in quantum sfuffs. About a year ago, I showed him the no-braces Dolly, and he was completely fried. His first response was... it's either the Matrix or mass hypnosis. Which, seems pretty fucking cut and dried.

i have a psych degree, I'm well familiar with minds jumping to conclusions and blah blah blah.
It's just that there's different things as well, such as the media outrage that the man was "allowed" to die in prison and there were investigations that people said would be opened up (similar to the whole russia investigation thing by current government) and etc. etc.

It wasn't just a small isolated part of memory, is what I'm saying. Now, granted, is still possible I conjured all that up, but that seems an awful lot of trouble to go through for someone who didn't care at the time (and still doesn't).

>i have a psych degree
What do you believe is causing this then?

no braces dolly?
...kk, just looked it up. I never watched the movie personally, so i have no memories of it either way, but it seems like focusing on the guy's smile first, showing metal (no clue on the plot), and then hers, one would think that they angled it like that to be a "oh, he's just like me, /swoon."

This doesn't explain why masses of people would have the same/identical mis-memory.

It's actually very simple: They're lying.

It was the ENTIRE point of the scene. The violins started playing, a match made in heaven.

That guy is in the wrong thread.

The no braces dolly fried me as well. The most recent thing that caused my brow to raise was the Monopoly man no longer has a monocle. I checked ebay for the old school Monopoly boardgames and he doesn't have a monocle. I checked vintage commercials and no monocle. What the fuck

I saw that movie exactly once in my life. I was a small child at the time at that was the only scene from the entire movie I could remember. Weird shit mate. She for sure had braces.

Please, I didn't use it as an appeal to authority, and if it came across as such I apologize, it's just easier to explain "yeah, studied this shit cap'n" than to say "hey random internet person, trust me me i know all about this"... which is kind of the same thing, but eh. anyway. moving on.

As to what I believe is causing it? I can't give you an answer you'd enjoy. I frequent Sup Forums as well as /x/. It could be a case of people misremembering things, but with the sheer size of unconnected people who swear they remember things differently, there's only 3 logical conclusions to me.
1. Timelines are shifting, and some people simply have an innate sensitivity / remember the pre-shift items, to use an Sup Forums example think Okabe's reading steiner. We have old memories, not the new ones. As to why it's minor shit, I can't say. timeline !00101 may be only slightly different than timeline !00102, and the powers that be are avoiding some cataclysmic event narrowly by shifting, although this would also pertain to having foreknowledge of events, but timeline shifting kind of opens that possibility up.

2. Timeline merging, and unlike either steins;gate's keeping old ones, or butterfly effect's keeping both memories, we're only equipped to handle one set, so we pick one perhaps at random and that's what we remember post merge.

3. No timeline nonsense, and we have a case of massive false memory. In which case I'd first look to not why are we misremembering, but what's causing it. But, unfortunately looking to what's causing it leaves us at step one of "we don't know what the fuck is going on", but the physical cause would be more physical / chemical / radiation or whatever rather than paranormal.

tl;dr: >what do you think is causing it?
I have no idea, but I don't think it's normal.

Oh, no, i mean, it's obvious that that was the point of the scene, i've seen enough movies to know the cliches.

There is a guy on youtube that purchased a vintaged VHS of Moonraker, an original tape, took it home and played that scene...no braces.

The Mandela effect is just stubborn people not wanting to admit their memories are wrong.
Human memories suck. People forget/remember wrong all the time.

yes but only with you

I think people are easily swayed by each other.
Don't worry about the appeal to authority thing, I'm happy to have someone that actually knows their shit. That said, you're right because I wasn't super satisfied by your answer.
I'm willing to entertain the idea that these false memories are genuine and not just a case of people choosing to misremember, but in that case I think it could be caused by being overwhelmed with media and information.

>that highlighting job
Wtf

Actually, the common folk who have these recollections and compare notes, are not the fucking liars. Actually, that's a simple fact.

Actually, you are using the word actually too much to not come across as actually butt-flustered.

Try this one:
>Jaws in Moonraker
>Gets his ass saved in a cable-car station by a tiny blonde chick
>He smiles
>She smiles
What do you see? About her?
>Now go look at the movie and see if you (((remember))) it correctly
youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1lTyy-HxE

like in Chrono Trigger

>Okay, other ppl have posted it.
That shit fucked me up. The Mandela effect is real.

Actually that's what i was wanting to say about number three.

If you concede that a chemical soup can be made monstrously different with the addition of a singular ingredient, i don't think it's too far flung to have hundreds of millions of people, all consuming the same media, and over time a particular absorption changes how their brain retrieves the information.
The right audio / visual stimulus perhaps very slightly affects the retrieval from the brain, and, were this farfetched theory to be true, then we're in the beginning of mass brainwashing as they slowly gather what media produces what effect on the brain.

yes, that was intentional for that actual shill actually.

What happened to the braces?

When you fought Queen Zeal's final form in Chrono Trigger, it used to play Magus's theme youtube.com/watch?v=lKrAKxzAXsk
Which made sense, she was Magus's mother and they already used her theme on her previous fight.
However after the timeline shifted, the super boss music plays when fighting her. youtube.com/watch?v=hfvPDO5YJmw
There's no emulator or different version shenanigans here, I'm playing the SNES version still.

The Mandela effect is simply Chinese companies making knock off products under slightly different names than you recognize

Here is a good video of the Moonraker example

youtube.com/watch?v=5PDVQh0610U&t=218s

what i played that a million times it's the second theme, the super boss fight music

ah shit I'm going crazy

lol try harder faggot

You were born in this timeline then and didn't shift, I'm from the one where it was Magus's theme.

You see her teeth for only a few frames. Her having braces would have been perfect for the scene so you convinced yourself that she had the braces.

It probably only affects minor things because only one minor thing was altered in the interferred-with past. One singles person was never born, say. This echoes outward to maybe some other person never being an ad exec and thus a different pitch happening.

No because most examples can be pried apart by using the consequences of what they remember in relation to history.

Mandela only became important globally after he left prison, so how would you know about him at all if he had died in prison?

>it’s a doggy dog world
Is now
>it’s a dog eat dog world

>>it’s a doggy dog world
it was never this and you are autistic if that's the way you've been hearing or saying it

As long as Hillary is still president, I don't care. Could you imagine if Trump won?

The Mandela Effect is a result of the work of CERN's inter-dimensional experiments and quantum computing. Quantum computing relies on the premise of superposition, which uses qubits (quantum bits) that instead of the traditional binary bits that can be 1 or 0, qubits can be 1, 0, or 1 and 0 simultaneously using parallel universes. This is having unforeseen effects on our timeline, where alternate timelines are merging. This is why the changes we see are so inconsequential and random.

Willing to pay $50k to jump to a timeline where there are no shitskins

Prove it

What would doggy dog even mean?

*proves it*

doggy dog doesn't even make sense

dog eat dog means you do what you have to to get ahead

its probably just satans way of replacing our knowledge of free will. the fifth dimension, timelines, is actually free will. dont forget

Reminder this reddit bullshit where you think there's something supernatural about easy to misremember things from your childhood only ever comes from Americans since you've all had your brains fried by being put on pharacuiticles as kids.

checked
>pharacuiticles
100/100 bing-user

I strongly suspect that we *only* notice the little trivial things because those are weak memories. things that are absolute truths (the big stuff) our brains *have* to accept and leave no room for doubt.

No that’s what doggy dog means.

Somehow we travel to universes where names have different spellings and movies have different actors yet we never enter a universe where our bank account has more money.

Wasn't he a pirate? And shazaam was the movie where Shaq was a genie

its psychology nigga

No one fucking says that user if this wasn't a tunisian rock collecting picture board everyone would look at you like a fucking idiot

No, "doggy dog" is from a snoop dogg album.

then you're retarded.
t.31 year old

One example for me is from the Bible: the lamb will lie down with the lion. The question is whether we are in a better or worse timeline?

The only one of these that really activates my almonds is the girl with braces from the Bond movie who falls in love with Jaws....who no longer has braces. The bit makes no sense if they don't both have metal in their mouth. I remember laughing at this as a kid because I had braces as was self conscious about it.

ask blance you retard.

what do you remember it as, user?

lol you're also a retard. owned CT my entire life and replayed it on DS

>nobody talks about the Berenstien Bears

This must be my home universe then because that fucker never had a monocle.

That's because the Mr. Peanut man did have a monocle. You just have the two characters associated through the archetype: a wealthy business man, wearing a top hat, vest, and / or a monocle. The Monopoly asshole has a bag of money.

You see her smile for 10 frames at most. Her having braces would have been perfect so it's easy to see from where the mismemory comes.

That's kind of the point dumb ass.
Blanche said she never wore the braces. Everyone that saw the movie before 2000 remembers her with braces WITHOUT EXCEPTION.

"the lamb will lie down with the lion" is the way it was. It's prophetic. It makes sense. Isaiah 11:6

Now it says "The wolf will lie down with the lamb." Totally different symbolic meaning, very ominous.

The lion and the lamb is a prophecy about Jesus: the lion of Judah, the sacrificial lamb of God.
But the wolf has always had very bad connotations i.e. a wolf in sheeps clothing.

I am shocked that "The lion shall lie down with the lamb" isn't in the Bible. I have a masters in Theology.....It was there....

You were saying?

wait - i've never heard it with a wolf.

wtf.

why are there more of these than there used to be?

I went to a church that used that symbol as our emblem.
We sang songs with that line in it.

It absolutely was in the bible. That is, IMO, the most unsettling example of the Mandela effect.
Theologians that have dedicated their lives to studying the bible have come out about this, saying it's shocking and likely demonic influence.

Does the screen door-effect ring a bell?

*The lion that is, not the wolf.

Explain this, leaf

don't forget jim carrey's portrayal of mr moneybags in the first ace ventura. used a monocle there.

Interesting that you say that. Half of my old bibles now have the new verse.

The reason this example is different is that it has prophetic context to compare against. It's not so easy to dismiss it as a psychological phenomenon because it loses it's prophetic meaning when it's changed; the bible is like a complete puzzle, and to take out a piece and put in a misfitting piece is obvious.

By the screen door-effect, I'm talking about the gaps between pixels.

Pre -00 tube TV was the way to go, so couldn't the short span of time plus the gaps between the dots/pixels/whateverthefuck they were called explain the illusion of seeing braces?