Ask me anything you want about immigrating to Argentina

Ask me anything you want about immigrating to Argentina.

I'll give you real advice about how to move here or getting citizenship.

I don't care what country or ethnicity you belong to, nor am I encouraging you to move here. I'm just answering questions, just ask whatever you want

Other urls found in this thread:

islamqa.info/en/75644
islamqa.info/en/243131
islamqa.info/en/171636
islamqa.info/en/85232
youtube.com/watch?v=GibVxOVat-I
youtube.com/watch?v=6h39nq0KqHs
youtube.com/watch?v=3eQ3gTSahuA
idiomas.filo.uba.ar/español-para-extranjeros-spanish-foreigners
idiomas.filo.uba.ar/aranceles
fluentin3months.com/imagination-your-key-to-memorizing-hundreds-of-words-quickly/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wish you a prosperous 12 of November, SEIG HEIL!!

come to the pre celebratory thread

1. Argentina has the reputation of being mostly European in background and mentality -- true?
2. Is it true that kids are protesting fees at colleges and universities?
3. Is it still a defacto military dictatorship? If so, how does that work for you?
4. Is it true that the native indians were pushed over mountains into Chile?

> 1. Argentina has the reputation of being mostly European in background and mentality -- true?
Yes but it varies by region, the north and the surrounding areas of Buenos Aires city are less like that

> 2. Is it true that kids are protesting fees at colleges and universities?
Public/state owned universities are free. Leftists protest because they want even the bus ticket for free

> 3. Is it still a defacto military dictatorship? If so, how does that work for you?
It's not. At least not now

> 4. Is it true that the native indians were pushed over mountains into Chile?
No, they were 99% genocided by the army led by Roca. Only in the northern provinces they were only partially killed. Chile never killed their native population.

In Patagonia the mapuches inhabitated historically in the Andes in both sides, but most of their territory, population, culture, etc is located in Chile.

is the asado as good as people say?, and do you think is wrong to cook tacos de asado?

Why would anyone living in the first world want to migrate to this shithole?

It depends on your tastes. I think it's ok

I see nothing wrong in doing asado with tacos

I have no idea

Can I bring my guns?

Can you give some recommendations of ways to gain citizenship?

Gun are like in Europe, specially in Buenos Aires and big cities. Having a weapon as a civilian requires a lot of paperwork and grants you no defense, in legal terms.

There's a black market for guns though

It's not uncommon, however, in rural areas for people to carry rifles or guns both for hunting and protection as there is not much enforcement there.

Where did Hitler live?

That's unfortunate. I appreciate the honest answer. America might be going down the drain but at least I can still carry a handgun with me almost everywhere I go and use it to defend myself legally.

The article 25 of the constitution explicitly privileges western (european/north american) immigrants who want to settle into getting citizenship

Citizenship can be received by marriage, voluntary naturalization (requires 5 years here) or less time if you settle in Tierra del Fuego due to a colonial law. An anchor baby also eases the process for their parents, there is ius solis like in USA.

After 3 years living you can apply for permanent residence

WTF would i want to move to argentina.

Hi, I want to move there. Somehow I feel like Argentinians value Italian culture more than our current cuck government. I already have a b2 level of Spanish and I'm decently skilled. I know that my aunt has unexploited lands somewhere in the south.

I don't know

I have no idea

What do you want to know specifically?

safety and crime compared to the west, general economic situation, best places to live.

Life in Italy is 1000% better. Stay there, don't make the same mistake my ancestors made.

Crime is mostly focalized to certain areas, mostly the surrounding towns of greater Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires City is no different than any major european capital, crime is located at ghettoes and shitty neighbourhoods, other places are safe. Exercise common sense as in any big city. City of Rosario is almost the same but has higher crime because drug production. Crime and poverty zones are virtually the same

The more you are away from the Conurbano (Buenos Aires surrounding areas) the safer. Towns in the interior (even in Buenos Aires province) tend to be safer than cities.

To put it in a comparation with Italy, the worst places of the conurbano are like Zen or Scampia. The current government is slowly trying to fix it but is not something that can be fixes night to morning, sadly.

Other places like the patagonian provinces, San Luis, etc are infinitely safer compared to Bs As

The economy is on its way to be fixed after the Kirchners. If you have studies you'll find a job probably easier than a local, being a EU degree and being fluent in italian. Wages are higher in the southernmost provinces due to living conditions (snow) and less population

By being italian you already have a plus that no other foreigner has, much like an argentine has it in Napoli. That said, this is not Switzerland, just keep your feet on earth. Argentina and argentines are very, very similar to italians in almost every regard, the more in Buenos Aires than anywhere else (do the math with that)

Mixed grandkids are not worth it

>best places to live
Well that depends what you are looking for, if a city or a town, if snow or warm.

The San Luis province is almost a separate country, very safe and beautiful. Puerto Madryn is a nice place as well. Ushuaia is the southernmost big city but if you are ok with snow all year is a nice place. There are italian associations and clubs even in the smallest town in bumfuck nowhere, at least in Buenos Aires province

The northern parts of the country are almost an extension of Bolivia and Paraguay both culturally and demographically and have a lot of poverty due to historical neglect by past governments

Why is the Argentinian football team like my dysfunctional talented family?

How highly is Batistuta thought of?

Why is Tevez so retarded and homesick?

Why do the Burgers not use bidets?

I don't follow soccer so I really have no idea.

Nor do I know why bidets are not popular in USA

stop watching haram sports ahmed
islamqa.info/en/75644

thanks guys. First time I get told that speaking Italian could actually be useful.

>Nor do I know why bidets are not popular in USA
I have never seen a bidet outside of Italy (I heard that in Argentina is very widespread too).
Foreigners think that it's weird, one guy from Spain even told me that they are associated with prostitution.
Fucking barbarians with poor hygiene.

You will be amazed at the arguments I've seen here for
>But muh only use dry toilet paper because muh shit is like x or dun need to cos y.

Berlusconi user, who was that based (I think Napoli) football owner who BTFO of the UK by saying their women were ugly and don't wash their bum so his star player shouldn't move there

how easy are the local women?, how much $20 would get me (fuck and blow job?)

The ABSOLUTE STATE of Islamic theological, scholarly and philosophical discourse post-1970s Gulf oil money and Saudi backed-mind numbing Salafi-Wahaabi-general regressive retardation.

>modern day Avicenna and Averroes where?

Virtually every house/apartment in Argentina has a bidet. Only some small 1 room apartments in Buenos Aires city might lack them but overall 99% of the residential places have them

>tfw Maradonna moved entire team in WC2010 from one hotel to another for comfy bidet cleanliness

I mean, I do understand having morals and what a shitshow is the celebrity reality, but I can hardly believe that Allah would get pissed if a group of regular men decided to play soccer and somehow forming 2 teams is absolutely haram due to factionalism. The argument is just "as long as you just kick the ball casually to random people it's fine"

ahhh wish I could remember.

>their women were ugly and don't wash their bum
that's why I always get concerned if I have to fuck with a non-bidet user. I honestly can't even fucking walk knowing that there are still stashes of shit in my anus. How do foreigners do it? Do they at least wash their ass when taking a shower?
Disgusting.

Women are very hard, specially in Buenos Aires and middle/upper class. Other regions/social strata, probably not so much

Women in the 30-50 year range seem to love italian men. Younger girls more the scandinavian type. I'm guessing it's generational

>20$
Some low quality colombian/puerto rican prostitute

How hard is it? I am a smart, creative, top ten university dropout US citizen. I have an IB diploma, willing to start college in Argentina and get a job.

>Women are very hard
that's the same thing that every local man says about their local women.
Things usually change if you are a foreigner. Typical "charm of the outsider"

Even the internet was haraam according to these idiots until they couldn't stop it and then they made their website.

Seriously, just read what these fuckers used to write. about everything from the tv to the telephone, to the car and now the internet.

Bloody twats ruined Islamic discourse

>Is it cheap to live there
>can a psychologist get a job
>where is the most European area?

I've heard theres actually a small Afrikaans community in Argentina?

Your Rugby is really improving by the way, grats user.

How are germans perceived in argentina? Is living in argentina manageable if you don't speak Spanish?

Sorry, I wasn't familiar with the IB diploma, had to google it. I really don't know how it applies at local colleges, you should contact them directly for more info

The UBA doesn't have an entrance exam. It has the CBC which is a 1 year 6 courses program to join an specific degree. It has 2 common asignatures and other related to the degree (ie math, chemistry, philosophy, economy, etc, it depends the degree). Some of those can be done online. Some short careers might have no degree at all

Other public universities might have an exam (like the UTN, which is math and physics) or not, it depends (same for private ones). But there's no selection, you just enroll on the university no matter your resume.

By being enrolled as a regular student you already have an student visa that grants you the stay (unless your country has some free transit treaty, then you don't need anything). With 3 years you can apply for permanent residence, even if you did one course per semester and failed all the exams

Instruction is all done in spanish. Some private institutions might have english courses/careers but I don't really know

>that's why I always get concerned if I have to fuck with a non-bidet user.
This. Martin Lawrence did an entire opening SNL monologue on American tv citing this isssue about essentially this and he was expelled for speaking red-pill about hygeine in women.

Every time I raise this point about using water to clean yourself after a shit the UK and Burgers literally don't see a problem not using water.

Burgers are the worst as they genuinely can;t understand the simple principle of shit needing be washed away. It's like they consider their bum to be detached from their body and that the tissue will "take care of everything".

Simple question I ask is if you had shit on any other part of your body would you just "use dry tissue."

The BASED ones understand. Many time their shit when they shower so they go to take a shit and then shower immediately afterwards.

>Do they at least wash their ass when taking a shower?
Yes but even for some I doubt it. They do have baths where they stew in their own filth but then don't shower off. at the end.

Can we have map to show where water is used?

Well indeed there is German-Speaking communities in Argentina so yeah it should be fine in that respect.

How much would it cost to buy a ranch in Argentina?

Why did we ever go to war with you(I know why but fuck it)? I love your country man. You've got the new land of the free right there great.

> >Is it cheap to live there
Not so much in Buenos Aires, yes in other provinces/cities. Although you have in BA the commodities of living in a city. It depends your income.

> >can a psychologist get a job
Psychology is very, very saturated, but you have the advantage of speaking english. There are a lot of american companies in Buenos Aires and other provinces which might help you in that. Also bilingual schools and hospitals (there is a british hospital, for example)

Thing is you'll probably need to do an homologation of your degree to officially exercise psychology as it is a collegiated/regulated job here. Probably not if you work in a company but yes if you plan to work by your own

> >where is the most European area?
Buenos Aires city, specially the center/north neighbourhoods albeit for that same reason it's invaded by immigrants. Outside the city, northern cities like San Isidro but that's where rich high top people live

The southern (Patagonia) and central provinces are also the most european demographically.

Yes. In Patagonia but I don't remember the province. There is a video, give me a second

>triggered by pixelated zombies
islamqa.info/en/243131
>triggered by customizing characters in vidya since only Allah can create being
islamqa.info/en/171636
>triggered by 99% of existing movies
islamqa.info/en/85232
>triggered by bodybuilding
islamqa.info/en/85232

>If the purpose of sport is to prepare the body to be fit to carry out the duty of jihad so as to make the word of Allaah supreme, then sport is essential.

Do these people ever had fun?

This is Whats going to happen
>You meet qt brunette /blonde Argie
>You get along well, you think you have it
>exchange numbers fuk yeah
>decide to call her later, fake number/ didn't responded /blocked you.
>Wtf
Many Argie womans like to play around too much or make you pay for shit then good bye. If you manage to get one thats is not crazy hope you like drama cause you will have 100x she will find any excuse to make say you love her, you are hers, etc. Don't look at others women otherwise she will stop talking you out of nowhere or send angry texts. Other than that usually happens the first years after many break outs and forgivness, attemps of suicide, etc they start acting normal

Cool thank you.

youtube.com/watch?v=GibVxOVat-I

youtube.com/watch?v=6h39nq0KqHs

There are two types of germans: those who live in german colonies and those who are argentines.

The difference is only the place. The ones in the colonies might speak german but are mostly "muh heritage" type of people

Without spanish is difficult, but in those colonies perhaps not. There is a famous model of german descent (Ingrid Grudke) who grew up in one of said colonies in the north and she recalled speaking only german as a child. I've heard that in some colonies they don't even let non germans to live there but people with italian surnames aren't uncommon in those places

Here is a vid of Oktoberfest (in spanish)
youtube.com/watch?v=3eQ3gTSahuA

Wonder if there is a hidden colony where everyone's surname is Hitler and no one though to ask why.

Some will called you nazi but not in a derogatory term more like joke /respect also you will need to Listen the several germans descendents that will go to tell you about their german ancestors "my great grandfather was German in the wehrmacht haha " "mine was in WW1 " mine was a window cleaner haha " We love to do that, because we are arrogant and proud and having a European ancestors its patrician tier. We are literraly telling "We are like you, we like you "

Question. Would I be welcome or did Jeremy Clarkson ruin our reputation completely? Yeah he hasn't got a job now after the Irish lunch incident.

I work in advertising and real estate and speak 7/10 Spanish and like cold weather

Also am an alcoholic and enjoy smoking marijuana and other drugs

What do

what's the state of catholicism there?

>This. Martin Lawrence did an entire opening SNL monologue on American tv citing this isssue about essentially this and he was expelled for speaking red-pill about hygeine in women.
That's just gross. I know that a vaginal enema can be unhealthy for the internal pH balance but cleaning at least the labia won't hurt anyone.

wtf argentina always looks so comfy

>Also am an alcoholic and enjoy smoking marijuana and other drugs
Uruguay

PLEASE COMEEEEEEEE!!!! MOVE IN HERE, HAVE CHILDRENN!!!! STAYYYYYYYYYYYY

:) AND OPEN A REAL ITALIAN BUSINESS

Living in italy might be better, but we need more people like you. Please make Argentina Great Again

Sorry user, I'm not well versed in this area, but I often hear people saying it's more expensive in the south. A 200 mt parcel of raw land in the coast can be up to 30.000$ AFAIK

The military junta went to war to try to raise their decaying image. I wouldn't be surprised if this was done intentionally to destroy our mutual relations by the orders of geopolitical powers

IRL nobody really cares about the islands except for the poor brainwashed by the Kirchners, diehard nationalists and veterans.

You can find a lot of people who openly say that the islands don't belong to us and that the war was pointless

you can buy some land in the south in rio negro province, which is beautiuful by the way, for around 15k, if u can invest 30k you can get a shitload of land!

you are incorrect. the constitution requires 2 years of living until naturalization. it has been done for people on tourist visas for 2 years. look it up.

This is true.
Qualification for citizenship has nothing to do with visa status. You can overstay on a tourist visa, prove you've been there for two years and get an Argie passport.
I think they are trying to change this because of Peruvians/Bolivians etc however.

Whew that's cool. My prediction is if Corbyn becomes prime minister he'll sell them for a peanut, then i'll probably flee anyway because he's a commie bastard and Britain has become another rapefugee invested eurotrash bumhole of a country.

A nazi officer was found alive as the director of a german school in Bariloche in the 90s. I don't remember his name

Very unlikely. Poor people brainwashed by the Kirchners and welsh argentines are the only ones who can actually get mad because the Falklands conflict and I highly doubt you are going to interact with them

There are english descent argentines (not much but there are) and none of them seem to have problems

Is no different from mainland Europe in the cities. To be honest at least in Bs As and close areas is almost the same as in Italy. There are church/mass programs at TV and stuff like that and people will boast about being catholic but they won't care about it and will engage in whatever stuff right in the door of the church

Northern provinces (majority mestizo/native) and some towns have a very conservative and feudalistic organization with the church at the center of the town and their life. No idea how it is in the Southern areas

I'm personally agnostic anyways

Patagonia is the place with cold weather and snow.

1) top 3 cities for a burger to move to? (looking for safety & be left alone, not necessarily wealthy, warm or cold doesn't matter)
2) Is english spoken there in any areas? I'm not against learning spanish I just have none at this point.
2)

I knew a salvadorian student who is required 3 years. Perhaps because he comes from an "untrustful" place.

There is a law being passed now to deport specifically bolivians, peruvians and paraguayans and to do stricter control on central americans and colombians trying to enter.

Probably it's related to this.

Funny story, nearly got murdered by a Welsh nationalist in Wales, just went to have a cigarette parallel to the cars just to avoid traffic since there wasn't a path in that seaside town, and this driver swerves towards me and I ran out to the other side of the road to avoid it, crazy bastard. Convinced he wanted a kill tourist just that moment and I just narrowly escaped.

Bolivians get an easy visa via Mercosur, they don't really need to illegally immigrate.

The 2 years is baked into the constitution, so it may be a bit difficult to change.

Also I must mention that I've only seen people being able to do this by hiring a lawyer for several thousand dollars.

The thing is, lawyers and even the judges may tell you one thing, based on outdated interpretation of the law. You need an experienced lawyer who can press the issue. You can also request a new judge one time if he's being obstinate.

For this reason, very few people are actually getting naturalized with less than 5 years. The conventional wisdom is still that you need 3 + 2. But 2 years flat is legal and it does happen.

> 1) top 3 cities for a burger to move to? (looking for safety & be left alone, not necessarily wealthy, warm or cold doesn't matter)
To be left alone you should go somewhere in Tierra del Fuego like Ushuaia or another place in the Patagonia, clearly not in a city. Bariloche is full of tourists too. Thing is that being a foreigner you'll call people attention (not in a bad way, I mean as a curiosity). In the cold south probably not so much though.

In Bs As, and specially the northern neighbourhoods not so much. Like in every city you'll be another number. But you'll have to learn to avoid ghettoes, scammers, not to flash your iphone in front of slum people, dealing with city stress and shitty people, etc, not different from any metropoli.

> 2) Is english spoken there in any areas? I'm not against learning spanish I just have none at this point.
Not that I know. I don't know if american expats have any kind of community but AFAIK there's no english-only speaking place. This, asking fellow expats might be useful also in regard to places

> Bolivians get an easy visa via Mercosur, they don't really need to illegally immigrate.
This. The thing is they are used to simply cross, not even requesting visas. Now there were some passages being closed and officers controling, leading to small tension.

They did a small protest in Bs As against the deportation law but got almost no attention except from leftist media

> Bolivians get an easy visa via Mercosur, they don't really need to illegally immigrate.
This. The thing is they are used to simply cross, not even requesting visas. Now there were some passages being closed and officers controling, leading to small tension.

Fascinating. They can't even follow or understand a simple bureaucratic procedure. Yet here I am a thousand miles away, don't even speak the same language or live in the same continent, have no immigrant community to tip me off on these details, and can still figure out the basics.

the need for extreme vetting is real lol

Damn, I'm glad you are ok user. Such a shame some people can get so mad to such levels

> Fascinating. They can't even follow or understand a simple bureaucratic procedure. Yet here I am a thousand miles away, don't even speak the same language or live in the same continent, have no immigrant community to tip me off on these details, and can still figure out the basics.
> the need for extreme vetting is real lol
It's pretty much like this. To add, virtually all the bolivian immigration is made up of illiterate peasants in the literal sense, who, not even memeing, live like in the stone age back there in their country, so concepts like "bureaucracy" or "procedure" are simply unexistant to them

How come you're so interested in Argentina user? I mean, the appeal for me is mostly because I can't into US with the current immigration system. Curious why a burger feels the same pull.

You said in previous thread that there are plenty of Spanish for foreigners courses in BsAs. Are there any at the university for free do you know?

Hmmm the UBA gives spanish courses via its "language laboratory" which used to be free but from some years ago its paid (not just the spanish, foreign languages for argentine students are paid as well). I know there are petitions by the students to make it free again, but I'll have to look if there are specifically free courses.

Those are paid because they're not part of the degree program, they're outside courses. Here in the link doesn't mentions fees though.

idiomas.filo.uba.ar/español-para-extranjeros-spanish-foreigners

I'll look up what can I find fully free at university level.

You don't have to do that user, thank you though.
That course was the one I'd found months ago when I was looking - I was just curious whether you knew of anything that english google didn't bring up. A lot of language schools are kind of shady / overpriced here (english as a 2nd language) so I'm dubious of the 3rd party/private schools.

For now I'll stick with duolingo and basic castillian spanish learning online anyway, but I know the vous thing for example, that you have some differences in your language. Would be cool to check BsAs out.

Do the language courses qualify for the student visa?

do you have a sister I can marry?

What a retard, it has a fee page I didn't notice, my bad

idiomas.filo.uba.ar/aranceles

The prices are in pesos and round the 700 USD. But being paid I'm not sure if the UBA is the best choice. I really don't know to be honest.

If I found something I'll post it here or in a future thread

>You meet qt brunette /blonde Argie
are your girls at least hot? Are they affected by male bashing feminism like in Sweden or Canada?
My first "teenage love" was an Argentinian girl didn't do anything with her since I was shy and awkward at that time but convinced me to take Spanish classes, totally worth it. Wish I could see her again to show her my Spanish ;_;

>are your girls at least hot
they are brown like chocolate. i met one before.

thanks mate

the girls are absolutely stunning- but then so are Italians- so YMMV

>I'll stick with duolingo
Honestly I think that duolingo is terrible. I suggest you to try Assimil, their method is way better if you do what they say. I used it when I started to study Russian in University, thanks to it I learned the language faster than the other students.

you know what they say: the grass of the neighbor etc.. etc...

>Assimil
Thanks brudda, bookmarked.
Need to get back on that really. I also pirated some conversational course which was really highly recommended and used memrise flashcards to memorise vocab, but I've not touched this stuff for ages.

Spanish seems like the easiest language I've tried to learn though. French is fucking gay but I know quite a few words just from exposure and German is difficult as fuck.

These monolingual feels are bad man

No problem, m8. Yes, some places are kinda shady because they just look for ripping off money, that's why an university institute is the best and most trustful option. There's also the CUI (Centro Universitario de Idiomas) that works with the UBA, I know that chinese exchange students go there to study spanish but it's also paid

> Do the language courses qualify for the student visa?
In the case of an university or accredited higher education institution, they must qualify due to the institution nature, that's why I try to stick with them

But...

Now that I remember argentine citizens require no visa to enter in UK territory. UK citizens shouldn't require it either. EU citizens don't require it AFAIK. I'll check it

I have no sisters

*If I find

>Now that I remember argentine citizens require no visa to enter in UK territory. UK citizens shouldn't require it either. EU citizens don't require it AFAIK. I'll check it
Up to 90 days at a time, but it's not ideal even if you have pretty lax immigration requirements, I don't like the idea of being "illegal" anywhere. I've heard digital nomad types living in BsAs typically catch the boat across to Colonia to refresh their status a bit like people run to the Cambodian border etc in Thailand. Again, not ideal.

I'll check out the CUI.

Why are you so gay?

>memorizing vocab
try to use this method, it's the most efficient Imo. I took some "memorizing lessons" when I was in Uni and I wasn't surprised when I noticed that their methods even apply to language study.

fluentin3months.com/imagination-your-key-to-memorizing-hundreds-of-words-quickly/

Not the same user but a lot of women are affected by european style feminism in Bs As. While not widespread or extreme as it seems to be in Europe (seems to be as I don't know if this is a Sup Forums exaggeration or real), it exists and is politized (leftists are always involved with it). They even did a naked protest some months ago. You have to take Bs As as an "modern city" in every sense, which means the bad things as well (garbage, leftism, shitty people, daddy's princess syndrome, traffic, etc). Laws side with the woman, even in custody stuff, unless you have evidence against them (ie, a Big Brother contestant lost custody of her underage son for leaving him alone to join the show). Take that in consideration

Now, outside Bs As, I haven't seen such a thing except in some college groups and not even there's a big thing. Argentine society is very machist and such stuff won't develop so easily, but take it in consideration.

I mean not to be paranoid, but I am sincere with you. Such stuff exists, yes, not countrywide though.

Do you think I could fare well as a heavy equipment operator ( Excavator, Backhoe) I speak spanish even though im white. Also where is the coldest part do you guys get snow ??

>I've heard digital nomad types living in BsAs typically catch the boat across to Colonia to refresh their status a bit like people run to the Cambodian border etc in Thailand.
I didn't know about that.

You could eventually consider it though. You'll get to visit Uruguay, which is a nice place too.

I'm not familiar with this discipline/area so honestly I don't know but any qualified/technical stuff will land you a job as there is a lack of qualified personel.

The coldest regions are the southern provinces (the Patagonia region) and yes it snows there, and there's always demand of workers. I know salaries in Ushuaia are higher than the rest of the country due to the living conditions (its in front to the south pole, it snows all the year non stop).

I don't know if this is related to what you do but there are oil mining stations and related stuff in those regions. Probably american companies too