Global Warming is happening, obviously, and we’re responsible for it...

Global Warming is happening, obviously, and we’re responsible for it, and there’s a good chance it will be bad enough soon enough that it will personally harm or kill almost all of us. We could take action. We have the technology to mitigate it. But we don’t do anything, and we probably won’t do anything. It will most likely kill us all, most likely within a few decades.

Then, why no sense of urgency? Why is nothing being done?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BiKfWdXXfIs
youtu.be/SXxHfb66ZgM
thrivemovement.com/lets-talk-for-real-about-humans-and-climate-change.blog
principia-scientific.org/breaking-fatal-courtroom-act-ruins-michael-hockey-stick-mann/
livescience.com/44330-jurassic-dinosaur-carbon-dioxide.html
breitbart.com/big-government/2017/06/13/delingpole-ship-of-fools-iii-global-warming-study-cancelled-because-of-unprecedented-ice/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_core#/media/File:Vostok_Petit_data.svg
youtube.com/watch?v=RXhVLP1Ld48
telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/09/18/immediacy-threat-climate-change-exaggerated-faulty-models/
noaa.gov/news/study-global-plant-growth-surging-alongside-carbon-dioxide
youtube.com/watch?v=0wlNey9t7hQ
www2.ucar.edu/climate/faq/how-much-has-global-temperature-risen-last-100-years
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pollution is killing 3 times more than aids, malaria and TB combined... Jesus

Prove were responsible. There was a paper showing we contributed only 3% of C02 emissions last year, but it got pulled by Jews because it 'didnt show the total C02 contributed by humans' despite not being the point of the paper, which I believe in Hebrew means 'oy vey it doesn't fit the narrative shut it down'. Also sage

Can you show that article? Which says were responsible for only 3% of CO2 emissions?

In total there is around 14.5 million Jews on the planet. If every single one of the 14.5 million Jews were you exterminated right now it would be a great first step in reducing the production of global warming causing emissions.

Everyone must do their part and gas a Jew to save the planet.

Global warming is the plan

The reptiles want there planet to be warmer

Check magnetosphere as well. Significant change to climate regardless of our contribution and possibly out of our control.

global warming for israel

Nice that you're concerned but the Climate Change Establishment is not concerned with Climate Change... It's a Globalist strategy associated with Agenda 21. They fake the data mate.
youtu.be/BiKfWdXXfIs

because the masters of mankind are caught in a kind of institutional contradiction between their goal (short-term maximization of profit) and what they call "externalities" (i.e. the habitability of this planet).

So for example, the CEO of ExxonMobil could be perfectly aware that everything he and his children own is going to be destroyed if he continues his work, but he can't do anything about it because as soon as he does (and thereby risks short-term profit of the shareholders) he's going to be fired and someone else will come in who does do it.

If someone claims to be concerned about the climate and environment, they need to basically slap themselves around the face a few times to wake themselves up from the state of hypnosis they have been placed in by the mainstream media. It's ALL A FUCKING LIE. Same as the over-population meme.
youtu.be/SXxHfb66ZgM

I have been a data guy for over 30 years. I know bullshit graphs when I see them. Here is a real chart with real data to put it all into context. The inconvenient truth.
thrivemovement.com/lets-talk-for-real-about-humans-and-climate-change.blog

Lol, you're still pushing that graph even though most climate scientists have given up on it. Keep trying shill

>I know bullshit graphs when I see them
apparently not
What you missed (by honest mistake, I'm sure) is that the GISP record stops in the middle of the 19th century, right when industrialization took off. The Arctic has warmed between 3 - 4°C since then. When you add that onto the end of your curve, you're easily on the highest point of the entire Holocene record.

Furthermore, the current rate of warming is highly unusual. Compare it for example to the Pleistocene glacial-interglacial cycle, which is quite rapid on geological timescales. It has been estimated that at the fatsest point of glacial termination, temperatures rose at a rate of 0.015 °C/decade. The rate today is 0.18 °C/decade - an entire order of magnitude faster.

BECAUSE THERE ARE TRUMP SUPPORTING IDIOTS WHO THINK IT'S A CHINESE SCAM

LITERALLY ONLY AMERIMUTTS THINK THIS EVEN SYRIA IS ON BOARD WITH PARIS CLIMATE CHANGE AGREEMENT THAT ISN'T BEING MET

>thrivemovement.com
sounds reputable

guys i’m shook

So bored ghost from 1990 lives in israhell now huh? Weird Wild Sheitt

*al gores ghost

There are good sources of data that show a similar pattern up to current dates. Also, if you see the analysis of the source data, from various satellites for sea temperature for example, it's obvious the whole narrative is basically fake. They doctor the data.

>We're responsible for it
>Kosher education

and what pattern would that be?

>technology to mitigate it
>replacing fossil fuels would require mining something in the region of 900,000 tons of precious metals like Lithium
>currently about 35,000 tons are produced annually

it'd require machine intensive mining on never before seen scales and all of it would run on diesel. Chinese proverb: one meets their fate on the path they took to avoid it.

>140 years
do you know what ice ages are and what occurs in between them?
hint
[spoiler]warming[/spoiler]

And what makes you think 3% is insignificant? We're talking about balance and feedback and exponents here, that shit is unstable as fuck.

Ok, so:

1. there was an ice age
2. humans survived it
3. humans survived the hot period that came after

but

4. humans wont survive a 5 degrees increase in temperature

are you serious?

of course many people will die, but those will be poor people. the rich will survive, just like the strong survived the ice age.

Nature is killing thousands of people in China and India. Keep up global warming

This graph shows us nothing of the temperatures of before, such as since however-fucking-long this planet has had water and land masses. In fact, this graph is a near echo of the "hockey stick" model by micheal mann, who, just recently, was convicted of falsifying data and commited perjury in court when asked to present his findings, of which, he had none that supported the model. However Tim ball's version of global temperature change, the man who challenged mann in court about his graph, claims that the earth has been much hotter than it is now and overall arc is not as severe as many scientists believe, at least compared with past temperature change arcs.

Link for those interested.
principia-scientific.org/breaking-fatal-courtroom-act-ruins-michael-hockey-stick-mann/

Global warming is going to kill us all. The only way to prevent it is to deport recent migrants to the West and forcefully depopulate Africa and Asia.

If we have no future as people I don't give a fuck about the climate your one world order will have to deal with. Fuck of kike.

>and what pattern would that be?
Cycles of warming and cooling going back for as long as the Earth has had an atmosphere and currently emerging out of a mini ice-age.

Global warming is proven to happen.
The thing is, it takes thousands or millions of years to see actual change.
I think we're in the middle of climate change to hot, which would take ?m of years (check Wikipedia)

>Global warming is happening obviously
Go tell the dinosaurs to stop driving cars then

livescience.com/44330-jurassic-dinosaur-carbon-dioxide.html

breitbart.com/big-government/2017/06/13/delingpole-ship-of-fools-iii-global-warming-study-cancelled-because-of-unprecedented-ice/

I hope global warming happens, then I will live in tropical siberia or antarctica and grow coconuts

It's a natural cycle you suckers

and they're using it to scam the entire world

You just said we’re doomed, your dumb fucking kike! That’s why!

Let’s do a thought experiment. I’m not being facetious. I’m really serious about this.

Say that Exxon somehow wiped out a whole city. Details don’t matter, use your imagination—they did something to the water, maybe, where everyone in a city who drank or bathed one day died. Let’s say 2 million dead. Direct, obvious causation. Piles of evidence. Everyone agrees that through a combination of malice and negligence, Exxon just killed 2 million Americans. Would anything substantial happen? Probably not.

By “something substantial,” I mean something that would deeply hurt the company’s financial well-being. I mean at least several people facing criminal charge. I mean strong, well-enforced regulations will be imposed so as to prevent this from happening again. I mean no one who got rich off of killing 2 million people would be allowed to stay rich. And I cannot think of any realistic circumstance under which that would happen.

Is there a line? What if they killed 20 million people? Again, absolutely directly. In this hypothetical there would be no question of causation or intention. Would we take action if an oil company killed 20 million Americans? Probably not. We would probably let it happen.

This is the American Condition. We are all helpless. We are all being killed. We all realize that we are helpless and being killed, yet we have embraced a worldview that makes this seem inalterable. We’ve been conditioned to believe that our helplessness is both inevitable and deserved. Anyone who suggests otherwise is dismissed as being either naïve or reactionary. An entire ideological framework has been constructed around justifying, excusing or obstructing this plain truth. This is what Climate Denialism is—a cowardly retreat from confronting our own collective impotence.

It'll happen.
We'll all be one with the planet until then, our children, our grandchildren, grandgrandgrant- too- you get it

we are overdue for a new ice age

And then there's another cycle converging soon
youtube.com/watch?v=RXhVLP1Ld48

When they kill 2 millionso directly it would not suprise me that folks would storm their hq and lynch everyone there.

You know, there is an entire group of people who spend their entire lifes studying how the climate behaved in Earth's past - they're called palaeoclimatologists. And so far from shooting holes into the most recent climate change, palaeoclimatology actually provides some of the most convincing and illustrative line of evidence for most recent climate change (which would otherwise be restricted to climate models, basic theory and direct modern observations). That's because besides looking at how much the Earth's climate changed in the past, palaeoclimatologists can also investigate what caused these changes in the first place, and changes in atmospheric greenhouse gas concentration (CO2 being the most important one) are found to be the principal driver of surface temperature.

>Global warming is man made! Something must be done!
>Tells average, every day people about it, tell them "transportation" is a major culprit, imply it's cars
>idiots go out and buy a prius thinking they've saved the planet
>the largest 16 ships on the planet produce more pollution than all vehicles combined
>the biggest causes of CO2 are industrial production, shipping, and livestock/farming

everyone tries to convince individual people that they must make changes to their lives to stop global warming, but this suggestion from scientists or politicians typically entails purchasing replacement products which are "greener". Nobody suggests we shut down the factories producing our goods, nobody suggests that we (god forbid) stop breeding so many extra people in these 3rd world shitholes or stop eating so many fucking cows. No no no those are out of the question. We wouldn't want to address the real causes of CO2 emissions. That's all I need to know to tell me its a scam. Someone is trying to make money off consumers. Nobody is calling to shut down container ships. Nobody is calling to shut off factories- at least nobody in the government or at the Al Gore level. The heart of this problem, if there indeed is one, is consumerism itself. The solution we've been presented with? Additional consumerism. Trade in your polluting items for "green" items!

Fuck off

Even of global warming is man made, you'll never ever stop china and pooistan from polluting, and they're easily the worst there is. Pointing the finger at whites is retarded. Also fuck you kike.

Also it’s not American only conditioning its everywhere in the west and results out of imbalance between individualism and collectivism.

It's a wealth transfer from the 1st world to the 3rd world, of course they're on board you stupid idiot.

Aye, millions of years.

>Land-ocean temperature index
>Land
>Measured by ground METAR stations, primarily in and around cities
>Cities which experience upwards of a 19 degree local temperature increase in relation to the surrounding areas due to the urban heat island effect
(((They're))) not sending their best

If the problem is real, should we just ignore it because politicians are using it to drive consumerism?

The problem I have with linking it to only CO2 is that CO2 is a rather weak greenhouse gas. It might lead to higher humidity and generates a feedback loop but I don't know. Even if climate change is not a produced by modern society should we do something against pollution.

(((Climate change)))

>and we're responsible for it
>t. schlomo
Oh look, flag checks out!

If the problem is real we honestly have no way of stopping it short of annihilating a large portion of people on this planet and ending our way of life because we cannot have most modern "necessities" and conveniences without participating in manufacturing and shipping. Of course it's worthwhile to strive to reduce pollution. Nobody actually wants to sit in a polluted mess of a planet, and people who think it's fun to shit up the place are degenerate scum. The mass of humans on this planet both do and certainly don't control whether the show goes on however.

>should we just ignore it because politicians are using it to drive consumerism?
Why don't you do something about it? Stop driving, stop consuming products, stop wearing clothes, stop eating beef, stop using any sort of technology.. The fact is, when you ignore the retard part of your brain that simply repeats what the man on the TV says, and think logically instead, you correctly realize that the benefits from the industrial revolution outweigh the negatives.

>flag

considering how many people live thanks to fossil fuels due to producing food, transporting food, heating homes, 20 gorillion is nothing compared to how many people will die if energy use is limited

that's not to say research into alternate forms of energy should be abandoned, it would be good to have more efficient energy, but until there is a serious alternative, there's no reason to cry over something with low risk

>Climate Denialism
climate alarmists are in denial of real climate science that shows that it's really not as bad as claimed

telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/09/18/immediacy-threat-climate-change-exaggerated-faulty-models/

noaa.gov/news/study-global-plant-growth-surging-alongside-carbon-dioxide

it's simply scaremongering, so governments can control all industry "for the greater good"

the "strength" of CO2 can be quantified in a number of ways. Usually it's illustrated by an assumed doubling of pre-industrial CO2 concentration:

A doubled CO2 concentration ( 270 -> 540 ppm) alone with all other parameters held constant would result in a warming of ~1°C. This is trivially derivable from the basic thermodynamic equations.

When you however take account of the "fast feedbacks" (responses of the carbon cycle, cloud-albedo, -lifetime and -area, water vapor, sea ice, etc.), you get the "Equilibrium Climate Sensitivity", which is ~3°C, possibly even a bit more.

And when you additionally take into account "slow feedbacks" (of ice sheets and vegetation cover), you get the "Earth System Sensitivity" which is between 4.5 - 6°C.

MANDATORY VIEWING
youtube.com/watch?v=0wlNey9t7hQ

I'm fine with us wrecking our planet. Human kind as a whole is too fucking stupid to live. I believe it was once well stated that

>Humans are as dumb as an animal possibly could be while still being technically capable of a technological civilization.

That's right on the money. The civilization we enjoy is made possible by a slim minority of well-above average intelligent humans. And those largely seem to be high functioning Autistic(such as Einstein). In other words the smartest of us are lucky birth defects. And the smartest of us on a grander scale still aren't all that intelligent. So the whole species is effectively trash.

Yes, a new Ice-Age is coming, when the the gulf stream comes to a halt due to the polar caps melting.

>wrecking our planet
By "wrecking our planet" you mean supposedly increasing the global average temperature by a fraction of a degree, resulting in automobiles, airplanes, computers, internet, space travel, medical technology, mass-farming, improved habitation and... drum roll... clean energy.

We could stop it if we just all send a check to Al Gore.

It’s funny how it took us only ~100 years to go from 200-300 ppm CO2 to 400 ppm. I get that the time period this happens is most likely to harsh for many lifeforms but I ones read that getting it to 500 ppm would make future ice ages unlikely. Hopefully fusion reactors become functional then it shouldn't be that much of problem to stabilize the atmosphere.

>By "wrecking our planet" you mean supposedly increasing the global average temperature by a fraction of a degree
See that right there is completely incorrect. Pay attention to what actual fucking climate scientists tell you. This is what they do... all they do. They collect massive amounts of data from across the world and analyze it. They look at rock samples, ice core samples, etc. They measure with lots of instruments all over the world. This is what they do, and you're too fucking stupid to listen.

You think you're "woke" but you're buying propoganda funded by industries that profit from your continued stupidity. See YOU are exactly what I'm talking about. You are
>too fucking stupid to live

notice how you only listed things that improved for human beings - as if that's all the planet consists of.

But when you actually take a look around the world, what you find is the following:

>the rate of carbon injection is unprecedented for 66 million years
>homogenization of terrestrial vertebrate assemblages is unprecedented for 200 million years
>the rate of ocean acidification is potentially unparalleled during the last 300 million years
>the current perturbation of the nitrogen cycle is unprecedented during the last 2.5 billion years
>current trans-oceanic exchanges of animals (travelling inside ships) has likely no analogue at all in the entire geologic record
>vertebrate extinction rates are 100x times faster than normal backround rates - signaling the sixth great mass extinction

A suite of sudden processes are really without analogue in Earth history and they may provoke biotic responses that are unlikely anything known from the geologic record. You really have to live under a rock not to see the precipice.

A number of years ago, the Governor of California Jerry Brown asked the scientific community to come up with a single sentence summation of this phenomenon. The sentence the relevant Earth system scientists/ecologists/climatologists/etc. came up with was

>Human beings and the natural world are on a collision course.

>Greenland
>Finishes 95 years before present
Just for reference pic related all relevant proxy record reconstructions. Your graph is the light blue one.

>One proxy
>One ice core record
>Over one period of the climate record
Whole picture my dude, if you want to know whats actually happening look at every proxy over every available period the globe over.

>climate alarmists are in denial of real climate science that shows that it's really not as bad as claimed
First ones paywalled but the models are only 'faulty' if you only care about the satellite record and nothing else and even then you'd have to have a pretty high standard.

Plant growth is of course good but you have to consider all the impacts of increased CO2. Its equally denialist to ignore all negative ramifications as it is alarmist to deny increased agricultural output.

>nothing being done
You fucking idiot.
Rejecting the Paris shit in particular, and denormalizing globalist trade agreements in general, is already a larger step toward curbing world pollution and CO2 emission than anything you hand-wringing kikes could ever come up with.

As always, we are the only country with enough balls to actually do something helpful for the planet.

We have at most 200 years of fossil fuels left if we keep burning at the rate we are now, then it's green energy if we want to or not, which isn't enough time to ruin the earth. That CO2 doesn't stay up there forever and over time it will become trapped in the earth but not replaced

Stop pretending like you care as you browse Sup Forums on the latest iphone, drive around in cars, consume all of the latest creature comforts and take advantage of all of the easily accessible food. This is why people find it hard to take people like you seriously..

fuck everything nonhuman tbdesu. they had the opportunity. they didn't make use of it. evolution made us the apex predator of this planet. so fuck those vertebrae and whatever. the weak shall fear the strong.
typical green lefty kraut you are.

Climate change is manmade in that it is completely made up by men.

>See that right there is completely incorrect. Pay attention to what actual fucking climate scientists tell you. This is what they do... all they do. They collect massive amounts of data from across the world and analyze it. They look at rock samples, ice core samples, etc. They measure with lots of instruments all over the world. This is what they do, and you're too fucking stupid to listen.
How silly of me to expect to find an argument that barely coherent rant.

>You think you're "woke" but you're buying propoganda funded by industries that profit from your continued stupidity. See YOU are exactly what I'm talking about.
I'm not interested in your tears, kiddo. Calm down for a second and try to come up with a coherent argument, otherwise find someone else to cry to. Might I suggest reddit? You'll blend right in.

this. and the people executing those transfers get nice commissions because "it's a lot of work oy vey"

You can curb emissions without simultaneously making everyone's life worse in closing off trade.

I'm sure he'd be happy to accept whatever price increase a carbon tax would add. You can be pro-environment without being an anprim, most people concerned about climate change won't hold up the environments health as being of utmost importance.

I'll let anyone who reads this decide for themselves whether this is a serious response to anything I wrote or not.

You're kidding yourself if you think that humans will come out successful on this. The fossil record shows very clearly that higher-order predators and those animals on the upper sections of the trophic net are the first ones to go during times of biotic crises and extinctions, while those with a fixed niche and an undemanding metabolism (like plants and insects) survive.

When human civilization and geologic history collide, one of them will have to give way.

Since I feel sorry for you, I'll save you the trouble of embarrassing yourself
>Averaged over all land and ocean surfaces, temperatures warmed roughly 0.85 (fraction of a degree) degrees Celsius from 1880 to 2012
www2.ucar.edu/climate/faq/how-much-has-global-temperature-risen-last-100-years

>How silly of me to expect to find an argument that barely coherent rant.
Here's the argument:

Pretty much no matter how hard you try you won't ever know as much as these people so just concede that they're probably right.

Any 'critique' you have is almost certainly a misconception

>I'll let anyone who reads this decide for themselves whether this is a serious response to anything I wrote or not.
It is a serious response to a retard, which I guess makes it not so serious. Thanks for proving my point in that you will never make any changes yourself, nor will you ever acknowledge that governments are the largest polluters by far. Just admit it that you only care about the dopamine rush from virtue signaling about "ebil corporations", even though you consume all of their products.

considering how one sided the argument has become in the media and public mind

I give no fucks about seeming biased
everyone is biased, you're never going to hear another side if I don't trumpet it

>closing off trade
You absolute moron, no wonder the US has to lead on everything

I don't speak post-modernist bullshit. Please translate.

Nice reddit spacing. OP claimed I was wrong about the earth warming by a fraction of a degree. Prove your case or shut up. That information comes from the very scientists you brainlets are talking about. This is literally YOUR argument. it just goes to show how little you guys actually know about the very topic you claim to be passionate about.

Why don't fossil fuel companies pay for the cost of their waste management like nuclear power does?

You want to close off trade?

Are you an East Anglia professor - lol - I say that because they are among the many to take 10's of millions of our money to lie to push their globalist global warming agenda - FUCK YOU AL GORE

So, what is the most important greenhouse gas in terms of it's volume and effect?

>Claims scientists don't actually say the earth warmed by a fraction of a degree
>Posts image showing that the earth warmed by a fraction of a degree
Literally brainlets in this thread.

??? Did you stop fucking kangaroos yet?
What kind of a retarded question is that?

>personally harm or kill almost all of us.
How?

As I said, people can see what I wrote and what you wrote and I think anyone can decide for themselves which of us is arguing about the substance and which one is trying to divert attention by making all sorts of assumptions about the character of their opponent.

Frequent climate disasters, soaring food prices, sea level rise

>Why don't fossil fuel companies pay for the cost of their waste management like nuclear power does?
I thought you brainlets claim it's not possible? That's literally your entire argument against carbon capture (clean coal).

None of these will harm or kill me.

the surface temperature anomaly of the last year was ~1.24 °C above the pre-industrial mean

>1970

>tradelet

Well those people are wrong, tax carbon

You kikes aren't even trying anymore.
At least use a proxy when starting these shill threads Herschel.

sage