Why can't we have a nice thread about 70's anime?

Why can't we have a nice thread about 70's anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tEKkUEawGZI
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27336024
youtube.com/watch?v=IN_nO_OzRTk
youtube.com/watch?v=oaYUxzUKV_M
ost-center.com/ost/anime/remi-sans-famille-ie-naki-ko-music-collection-2-ost-8162.html
exhentai.org/g/331248/45d59b6942/
youtube.com/watch?v=KylFtTtYbGM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where can I find a girl like Anne to marry and have kids?

>vlc
i'm no better but still

Canada, maybe.

I got it from the internet. Pic related is me.

People do't appreciate the art styles. 80s threads aren't exactly profound.

Majokko Megu-chan deserve a reboot.

Is this show any good? I want to watch some 70s TMS baseball.

mfw a new episode of Ace Wo Nerae 2 is subbed.

Dunno, you'll probably like the first ep because the MC is a proper dickwad and the animation is TMS quality, but that's all I watched.

Might give it a go then.

They are doing a "dark and edgy" live action series.

There was a time when I was just listening to anne of green gables OP and ED since they were so relaxing.
youtube.com/watch?v=tEKkUEawGZI

For what purpose?

I want this so bad

What would you suggest watching next? I've already seen the following from the seventies:
Zambot 3
Galaxy Express 999
Rose of Versailles
Mobile Suit Gundam 0079

Lupin III 1971 if you haven't already.

I have the first season BD in my Lupin folder but no idea if Neo has gotten round to subbing the second and third season. Come to think of it I haven't seen much Lupin outside of Castle.

I was under the impression that neo was just taking the already existing subtitles and applying them to the BDs. I don't think BDs exist for the third series yet, but I would love to be wrong.

If you liked that last half of RoV, watch Ashita no Joe, Aim for the Ace, Nobody's Boy Remi and Treasure Island. Also watch Future Boy Conan if you like Castle in the Sky or Valley of the Wind.

I'm still watching Ashita no Joe, and I have Ace wo Narae prepared.
At the beginning they may appear ugly but Dezaki was a fucking genius.

I hadn't realized it was just the first two seasons which had been giving BD treatments.

I'll get round to watching Lupin and possibly Takarajima, since I bought the novel, Treasure Island, not long ago.

Which WMT series would you say I start with first? I've got the Anne BDs but considering how popular and well liked it is I might save it for last. Romeo Aoi no Sora andIe Naki Ko both sound like good starting places.

Because I'm currently watching 90's anime.

hoping that the fanservice remains intact.

Personally, I wouldn't really know where to start because I've not actually seen any WMT shows just yet. I will probably watch Anne first since I've read Anne of Green Gables though.

Romeo can be pretty cliched tearjerker and shallow with morality, the only good thing about starting with the 90s shows is not having the earlier esteemed series to compare to.
Peter Pan was okay for so late though, it had its own personality instead of being the same formula diluted.

Just finished Cutey Honey and everything outside of Honey herself was fucking trash. Why the fuck did the focus at all on her grotesque looking and sounding teacher and Seiji's annoying father?

>Romeo can be pretty cliched tearjerker and shallow with morality

Yeah, I can see the shounen influence there. The original book wasn't like that. And it gets cut too so a certain plot point remains sorta unresolved (which is resolved in the book).

It has some top tier waifus though.

Remi is pretty good, though you can feel the drama in the first cour kinda rushed at places especially if you compare it to the Dezaki's adaptation.

Was this yuri?

>Anne is crying

No they're just bosom friends

:')

Another year of NO ENGLISH GAMBA.

Oy vey

FUCK! thanks for letting me know

Oh shit the BD is out?

I can't believe they did a pachisuro based on World Masterpiece Theater. How the hell do you adapt a tragic story like Dog of Flanders into a slot machine? That's sacrilege.
nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27336024

subs where?

Final Stage in the next 20 years!

Jesus, they really will make pachislot games out of everything.

hilarious

:^)

No need to be elitist, it's on bakabt too.

Has anyone here watched Perrine? Is it good?

The only two i've seen were 0079 and ace wo nerae, which I really liked.

Not much to contribute

So is someone working on this regularly now or is it gonna be slow going still

youtube.com/watch?v=IN_nO_OzRTk
I only had few first episodes on VHS when I was a kid.

lmfao saved

Most old series threads are for stuff from the 80's. Other than Dezaki's and the pre-Ghibli's stuff, people don't really watch 70's anime.

This got a BD btw.

WMT is the best anime series.

>mfw children's shows are written better than most anime

You cant really make this shit up

Well thay have been classics for hundreds of years. The main reason they are good is the fact that above all else they focus on story more than anything. Story is the most important element of any kind of media.

Where is that gif from?

I'm 29 episodes into Akage no Anne and I think WMT is my new favorite thing.

Will they ever make another series again?

Maybe. But in CG.

Anne Shirley has always been my ideal woman ever since I read the novels. It's a shame that modern female Canadians don't live up to her.

>Anne Shirley has always been my ideal woman ever since I read the novels
That is... unusual.

It at least deserves some subs.

It aired on german Tv during the late 80s/early90s, so I don't remember much, only that it was very, very sad and depressing.

They need shaft to make 20,000 leagues under the sea.

>Perrine
my favorite World Masterpiece Theater anime
I highly recommend it user
not as sad as Remmy or A Dog of Flanders let me tell you

What do you like about it?

>not as sad as Remmy or A Dog of Flanders let me tell you
Hallelujah.

>Story is the most important element of any kind of media.

lol

Why is she so motherfucking ugly??

well, don't know if you want me to tell you everything but I'll still avoid spoiling it.
>Perrine's outgoing attitude
>Her interactions with her mother and how she's the one that pulls her out of her depression, always pushing forward really tugs at my heart
>Baron and Pariqual are so far the best animal companions I've seen in animu aside Remmy's Joli Cœur or Heidi's St. Bernard
the fact that the author of that novel is the same that wrote Remmy still baffles me tbqh

I take it you haven't seen best animal Rascal yet.

That anime literally destroyed Japan's ecosystem.

Nice, I´ll check out the initial episodes.

I did, my pet project is to sub it, because fuck the germans for ruining it with their shitty OST

That's cool.

The french ruined the Ie naki ko OST with their excessive talking over the OST. NObody here would happen to have the actual jap version of it would they? I have looked all over for it and I'm no schmuck in finding shit.

It has been subbed.

hilarious
those elevens are wild

I know it has been subbed I meant the actual OST.

youtube.com/watch?v=oaYUxzUKV_M

Weird that bakabt has the girl ost, but not the boy.

>Posting A-Pro era TMS
>Not posting Telecom

To be fare many of Telecom's key staff (Keiko Oyamada, Atsuko Tanaka, and Yoshinobu Michihata) started at A-Pro and Telecom did not get their image until 1983/4 after Hayao Miyazaki left and Toshihiko Masuda took over as head directer of the company.

The girl one was 90's and the jap one was 70's actually before WMT was even a thing. I think it actually made WMT.

That is just the shitty french OST where they talk over about baguettes or surrendering or whatever the french do. It is like a 50kbps LD encode.
ost-center.com/ost/anime/remi-sans-famille-ie-naki-ko-music-collection-2-ost-8162.html

sorry, pls forgiv

Let's post some characters that did nothing wrong.

Don't mind it. I have looked all over for it and I seriously mean all over. Russian, french, english, japanese, korean, chinese sites and it is not there. It seems I might have to find it in nip land.

If it aired today there would shipping.

Who the fuck watches Anne of Green gables animated?

People that want to see one of the best anime ever made?

Prepare for rape.
exhentai.org/g/331248/45d59b6942/

It really makes me wonder how well it sold.

at least have OP, good luck on finding it sempai
youtube.com/watch?v=KylFtTtYbGM

What the actual fuck am I reading?

>not watching it in glorious BD format

easy peasy

Signore Vitali father of the year, every year

I heard that Heidi's gramps was a misanthrope because he killed a bunch of people in the war or some shit.

Where? I don't see it on the johhnyenglish wordpress.

stop, that's the father of her children