70% drop in crime rates all around the globe thanks to him

>70% drop in crime rates all around the globe thanks to him
>is treated like some world wide rated criminal

i dun get it

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Underworld
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The joke is that he became those 70% of crime.

>muh principles!
Though it's just the police who got mad as they were becoming redundant. Yep, the police were the bad guys all along.

He was authoritarian and therefore must be stopped.

He took their jobs

>invalidating human ethics because muh feelings

He's no different from an SJW

Childhood is worshipping L.
Adulthood is realizing Light made more sense.

The end justifies the means, assuming the end greatly outweighs the costs just like what light did.

>handing control of humanity's governments to a single reptilian worshipper
Fuck off, Jew lover.

It's the same logic as death sentences senpai.

He put police out of work.

Because death note is bland and stupid anime.

I'd have let him kill the criminals.
The sad thing is that politicians probably could have used him as weapon.

>Childhood is worshipping L.

I only didn't like Light when i was a teen because he actually considered killing his sister, which i thought was shitty

You can't just go around killing people because you don't like them.

Light showed the world that government wasn't even necessary if evil can be kept in check by a single individual with omnipotent powers. Of course they were terrified of what he represented and had to be demonized.

Adulthood is admiring both but still picking superior Light.

>Killing off intelligence and source of income.

Good criminals pay taxes and spend money too and provide intelligence when you needed them. A great high school student can't think beyond >muh justice justified muh killings.

>Kill every human on Earth
>crime drops 100%
don't go calling me the villain

But when would Light draw the line? His only line was Death Note itself, imagine if it just ended. A week without Kira killings would sky rocket crime rates and in the end everyone he killed were for years of him killing other people, possibly wrongly accused people, especially if we are talking about Japanese legal system.

Crimes rates count only crimes that are known.
How many crimes have been done but nobody knew except the culprit?
If anything, he forced those that break the law to be more discrete and hidden when doing their shit, making it harder for the police to even catch them for their names to even be publicised for Light to deal with.

Because letting one person decide the fate of those who wronged society isn't justice or law, it's despotism at it's purest. The reason we don't just strait up execute criminals anymore isn't because "muh morals", but we've realized taking a club to the head of someone we don't like isn't the best way to foster stable communities, and thus, our survival as a species.

Sure is a lot of edge in this thread.

>Good criminals

So a minority?

In 2013, the world had ~6 murders per 100,000.

This means with 70% drop in murders, it would be 1.8 per 100,000. Thats nothing short of miracle.

>Persona 5 has similar story with bunch of naive kids
I guess theme like this is popular in Japan.

If the state is to deprive a citizen of life and liberty, it must proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the accuse is guilty of the offense(s).

Light didn't do this. I acted as judge, jury, and executioner.

They have more usefulness to the society and country than some salaryman elsewhere in that world.

He is just a human who plays in god.

She has nowhere near as much power as light, but nice meme anyway

>A week without Kira killings would sky rocket crime rates

No it wouldn't, people will still live in fear constantly and people would notice as long as they don't fuck up they'll be left alone.

Light would dig up info if someone is wrongly accused and the only time hw randomly killed someone who he had no knowledge over was during that testing phase.

Kek no way, they wouldn't even dare risk getting a heart attack randomly by an entity they can't do shit about

Crime is a symptom of a larger problem. What Light did was the equivalent of curing a sick dog by shooting it.

Why didn't the Japanese government hire Kira to take out China?

He killed innocent people too.

>ITT: people who shits on Light because they fall under the 70%

>I

>authoritarian
>bad

China has high class ninja assassins kung fu masters they worse than nukes.

Not when they pay less taxes.

Keep sucking up to a tiny minority

He'll run out of ink before killing all the Chinese.

>Have magic book that lets you kill people from countries away
>Still get caught

He messed up writing simplified characters every time.

My teenage adolescent never grow up lel so randumb edgelord is thinking about Masuda swimming

I dunno I feel that Light beginning to start offing people for being lazy and stuff was going too far

It's like he was trying to be a Hero but suddenly became a eugenics crazy dude

Personally I'm not a fan of eugenics so I'd rather go with candy loving detectives

Light is just a shittier and edgier version of Lelouch

Who would win?

Let's not start it here, shall we.

Chinks breed faster than he can write, seriously

Literally the opposite

>dig up info on every case
>be able to see through bullshit distortions of information on every case

because that's humanly possible right?

leaving the job to a single non-omniscient being is just begging for people to use Light as a killing tool in a fashion similar to accusing people during the Salem Witch Trials.

>there is something/someone who can kill anyone anytime and kinda have a sense of justice
>I'm a corrupted politician so I'm toootally not afraid of that
>let's tell the police to stop chasing after him

Did they ever explain how the book never runs out of pages?

>because that's humanly possible right?

Light had L's fucking position an access to all his shit and his authority along with access to the japan police database, that shit would be fucking simple for him with all that is provided to him.

Who says you can't rub shit out or use that sticky white stuff to write over it?

Because he also killed people who were yet to receive a fair trial.
Not every criminal is a bad person. Even people who have killed are necessarily unredeemable.

Furthermore, it was very clear Light wasn't doing what he was doing out of a desire for justice, or simply to lower the crime rate, he simply did it because he liked feeling like some kind of deity.

He was a megalomaniac, and given those sort of people power is never good.

Do you have any fucking idea how long it would take to write 1 000 000 000 names? By hand?

Do you know who Stardust The Super Wizard is? Look him up. It's not too far from Kira, conceptually.

If this shit doesn't make you uneasy just thinking about it, then I don't know what to tell you.

I don't think it's impossible.

Actually scratch that, it would take 200 000 days at a rate of 5000 names per day.

Humanism was a mistake

Light was essentially controlled by the media. Whoever they portray to be the bad guy instantly becomes a target for him. L figured this out in like 5 mins. He'd just become another tool of the NSA.

He went from killing murders to killing people who didn't fit his view of what humanity should be. The shift from dispensing justice to playing god is so blatant that I have trouble believing you're retarded enough to believe that Light's crime was simply killing criminals. Life isn't black and white and humanity surely doesn't need a edgy Nip with a messiah complex deciding what right and wrong.

sjw happened.

Name (ONE) innocent person light has killed.

Don't bring up task force guys and FBI agents because they were after him, i'm referring to normal criminals he was killing

That's mainly because he insists on making most of the killing unnatural as hell with all the same heart attacks. Not to mention his general arrogance that immediately got the police to narrow it down to japan.

He is basically (((Trump)))

Obedience is a virtue => disobedience is a vice => those who violate the law are sinners.

>name one innocent person he killed
>but don't mention any of the innocent people he killed, only the criminals

Light, please. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're evil.

Innocent implies one is just a normal bystander who has nothing to do with the entire situation and is killed just because, which ya know? Light never did

Occasional reminder L is just as bad as light since he chose who dies and who lives just in the 2nd episode

i dun get his country

>The joke is that he became those 70% of crime.
>Crime rate drops 70%
>He only killed from the remaining 30%

You have it backwards. Edgy teenagers loved Light and thought everything he did was right. The older fans were the ones who sided with L, mostly because he was the lesser evil.

The U.S. government asked the mafia for help keeping the ports in their city secure and to capture spies during WW2.
They also had their help when they attempted to assassinate Castro.

>Edgy faggots that think they're far wiser than they really are insist Light was a hero
How many years will it take for you guys to fuck off?

obviously, Kira would win as long as he has Accel's name.

Hey man, mind recommending me the latest Linkin Park album?

So again, minority?

How many of these "mafia" helped?

Is it true that in the manga he killed an entire brigade of US marines after USA declared war to some weaker country or am I getting memed on?

stay away Sup Forums

Can he write regex in the death note?

>siding with a deranged detective who tortures cute girls and makes people die when he wants them too for his own personal beef with Light

The only true patrician taste is siding with Chief Yagami

And if you destroyed the entire earth, there'd be a 100% drop in crime rate! If he'd done that, he'd be the greatest hero of them all.

I admired Light even when I was younger. His logic was flawless, and he was literally doing a public service to the world

>the lesser evil
People didn't side with L because they 100% agreed with him and thought he was a saviour who could do no wrong. They just thought he was the least worse option.

He thought he was God and Justice.
A serial killer of killers is still a killer. Nothing more, nothing less.

>kills most violent criminals (less than 1% of population)
>worldwide violent crime almost completely eradicated
>"B-BUH WHAT IF HE STARTED KILLING INNOCENTS TOO? WHAT IF HE KILLED EVERYONE HUH?"

really makes you think

Fuck off you useless trash, your twin was the better detective, faker

The five families.
They apparently stopped every attempt after agreeing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Underworld

He actually just a toy of the real god who bored of their job called shinigami. Ryuk play him like a puppet.

>IF
Raye Penber and Misora Naomi say hi.

Funny how Lightfags are indistinguishable from shitposters.

Except, he didn't just kill the most violent criminals. He killed petty criminals, anyone who didn't agree with him, and people that were name dropped for him on forum sites with no idea of whether they were even guilty or not. Just because someone posts a name and a face with an attached message saying they're a killer doesn't make it true. If Death Note's universe, Moot is most definitely dead.

>Killing criminals in prison where they would do no harm
>Not killing politicians who actually are causing lots of harm
He's an idiot

Yeah there whole argument is retarded
>muh what if he killed everyone to get 100%

Literally look at the amount he's actually killed and he got fucking 70% just off that

you missed 6 more billion names.

Duterte is Light's real world equivalent

*In Death Note's

>Raye Penber and Misora Naomi say hi.

>innocent
>people who tried to allow world corruption and terrorism continue
>innocent