Rare WTC Pics

Thought I'd share these. Feel free to post your own.

Related to politics because of 9/11.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AIJy-FcYdJo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtu.be/AIJy-FcYdJo

>Being this bluepilled
The WTC never actually existed.

My mom bought a picture of new york city skyline from garage sale for 10 dollars right before 9/11 happened, apparently the man who sold it was the one who took it, I can't find any other pictures like it on the internet. The cars you can barely see seem to be dated to the 70s or 80s

The rest of my posts will probably be super rare interior pics.

Bump.

Sad. I wonder how many tourists died.

Skinny windows annoying. The 4:3 of architecture

These have a super creepy feel to them, i love it

None. The observation deck was closed at the time.

Why I made the thread. Eerie, but strangely captivating.

The twin towers were beautiful buildings, and I have a ton of dank photos of them.

Constructed as a tube structure, the exterior walls of the towers utilized vierendeel trusses. Each facade contained 59 17-inch columns on a 40-inch grid. As a result, the narrow 22-inch windows between accounted for only 30% of the envelope.

The exterior columns were extruded 12 inches beyond the glazing, shading much of the windows, and reducing energy consumption. Towards the base of the buildings, each group of three columns merged into one, creating wider glazing for the lobby. Unimpressed with the existing colors of aluminum, Yamasaki originally planned to use steel as the facade material. The aluminum manufacturer Alcoa, however, encouraged the architect to switch to the cheaper material and produced a new silver aluminum alloy specifically for this project.

208 foot width
1362 feet height south tower
1368 feet height north tower

The building has three vertical zones; express elevators serve skylobbies at the forty-first and seventy-fourth floors; from these, and from the plaza level, four banks of local elevators carry passengers to each of the three zones.

Interesting.

The twin towers were truly a symbolic structure, representing a sort of dual fasces. Fasces themselves symbolize the relationships between citizens of a nation, and the twin nature of the towers also symbolizes relationships. It truly is a shame that these cultural icons were destroyed by our ancient enemies.

Are you an architecture autist?

>ywn go to the original twin towers with your girlfriend in December

Small miracle.

It looks comfy as fuck.

How did they get air conditioning up to the top floor? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

No, but I do tend to study things I find beautiful, which may include architecture. For example I really like the architecture in the Quake 2 level designs, and will probably try to quantify it at some point. The twin towers architect Yamasaki also designed some other interesting buildings. His design style is brutalist and modern, but includes gothic and middle eastern motifs that really make a nice contrast with the blocky modern shapes.

>tfw actually did visit them once but I was 1 year old and don't remember it
Sucks they didn't rebuild them and sold it to the government to build this shit instead

Why was the observation deck closed?

>Quake 2

With vents
Same way you get air conditioning on any other floor

Not sure.

It hadn't opened yet. The tower was hit around 8:50 AM. I can't remember the exact time.

I think I was maybe 8-9 when I visited. I had an Aunt who used to live in Manhattan, I think we were visiting her, not sure. I don't remember the top because it was less scary than the top of the Empire State Building which I recall as very claustrophobic, same with Statue of Liberty where we went up into the head I think. I do remember thinking the shopping/transit concourse at the bottom was TERRIFYINGLY huge. That was my main memory, not the views. I have an old picture from a school trip to NYC of the towers and it looks weird now. I was 14 when it happened and remember instantly thinking it would be overblown.

This looks like a normal building fire.

everyone knows Tower 7 was a controlled detonation

Their sheer verticality was a statement itself, similar to the gothic cathederals that seemed to reach to heaven. Ideals can be expressed in geometry and architecture.

Anyone know how the air conditioning got up to that height?

I don't know why, but for some reason when I went to the top of the Empire State building, the view looked familiar to me, despite never going on the top

That was my first view of Manhattan. I was only like 6-7 when I went but it was cool because I hadn't seen it from up high before. I had been to my Aunt's apartment but that was maybe 20th floor or so?

Why would you say that? Are you some kind of tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist? Everyone knows that a normal fire started by burning debris would cause the building to collapse into its own footprint in the depicted fashion.

POO

The fact that there were 2 towers made an even stronger statement. As if to say "we reach to heaven, and we are so positive about it that we did it twice"

Japanese steel folded 1000 times, can cut through anything

Is that the Pooftas Fuck Off guy?

how did they get a car in threre?

How do you know this is in the WTC?

No idea lol.

Look at the windows.

God is here.

because of (((them)))

Ford took it apart and reassembled.

no place or time is beyond our reach

That building looks like a bunker at the bottom

Pray for forgiveness, heretics and infidels.

>Sucks they didn't rebuild them and sold it to the government to build this shit instead

Mozlems cucked us but good with 9-11.