Tenchi Muyo OVA 4 Anticipation

In just a months time we'll finally get to see best girl make a return.

Who else here is hype?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aD9cMvxkOHY
a.pomf.cat/mspzii.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

me

Bretty hyped. Even if its not to be as good as the first couple series. The 3rd didn't ruin my love for it. Still stoked.

>The 3rd didn't ruin my love for it.

Eh, the third series needs some prep-work to fully understand, otherwise it's the least enjoyed out of everything almost. Mediocre at best.

Here's some newer screens.

Where the fuck is Ryoko?!

Right here my nigga.

Ah, still looking fine. I miss those spiky bangs.

Here's the 2 new screenshots released today.

How can anyone like Ayeka.

Well shit, these are coming out faster and faster. I sense an incoming trailer soonish. They gotta release one, they just gotta.

Shes not that bad. She is plenty cute.

This.

Also, if this is the new art style then it's not so bad. It looks like a modern version of the original Tenchi OVAs.

I'm glad they didn't try to go for some cutesy art style like they did in those other recent Tenchi series.

Do I have to watch the 3rd OVA in order to watch this? The 3rd OVA is the only one I never got to see. I've only heard bad things about it.

Sorta.

The 3rd OVA incorporates a lot of shit that's contained within' the creators doujins/novels some of which aren't even translated, so a lot of it might go over your head. But every that happened within' the show will drag over to this new OVA, so you might as well just watch it.

I like all the girls

They have to release one soon the first episode comes out in just over a month. I assume they'll release a screenshot of all the characters, and then they'll release a trailer.

This is a sequel to ova 3, so you should probably watch it. I think ova 3 is ok, but it feels like during the production it got cut from like 10 episodes to 6. The second half feels really rushed.

I'm still trying to find a proper set for the 3rd series myself. I felt a little lost in it, but you should watch it anyway to know whats up. A lot happened, so you should watch it. There is an OVA dual audio collection on nyaa if you are unable to buy the series. I got the tin bin for the 3rd OVA back when it was released by funimation a decade ago. Still mad that they did not get returning voice actors to play most for the characters. Fuck funi.

Damn I feel old.

I love it how everyone loves Tenchi's english dub even though it a relatively bad dub compared to other shows that have aired on Toonami. With that said I love Ryoko's voice actor. If they changed her voice actor, I'm gonna have to go with the sub.

>With that said I love Ryoko's voice actor. If they changed her voice actor, I'm gonna have to go with the sub.
Ryoko has a different voice actress in ova 3.

Ryoko's dub voice is iconic to me. No one else will sound the same in English. I will have to deal with subs if that is the case as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=aD9cMvxkOHY

It's awesome that they made BD's of the original Tenchi OVA's but the third one is pretty much swept under the rug. There's like no good quality rips of the show.

Kind of speaks for the overall quality of Ryo-Ohki 3. There was a lot wrong with it, and it did not help the fact that when it was brought over to the western audience. We had no official translations for the in-between materials leading up to it. That, and after Pioneer was no longer dubbing them, and Funimation had the rights and did not get one of the main actresses to voice one of the main characters Ryoko to return. Cheap asses using their own in house voice talents.

>Funimation had the rights and did not get one of the main actresses to voice one of the main characters Ryoko to return.

Why is this? They ended getting a good chunk of the original actors back, despite their less than enthusiastic performance. I'm not too acquainted with how voice acting works, but was it something related on a contract that she might've fucked up or wouldn't agree to? Because the entire thing is kept really hush-hush, making me think there's some scrupulous shit going on.

Ayeka was my first anime girl crush.

I think it's cute how prim and proper, well-mannered, and demure she tries to be. I also think it's cute when her vain, snobby, angry, jealous side starts to show.

Also she's pretty.

I think she's from California and Funimation is in Texas. Funimation wouldn't pay to fly her out, and she wouldn't have made any money if she paid herself.

Hard to say, but they replaced Petrea Burchard with fucking Mona Marshall, and I can't imagine Mona's cheap given that she's been doing voice work for 30+ years and is a regular on South Park.

Might be a union thing.

OH COME THE FUCK ON. I waited 20+ years for this shit??? The artstyle is plain as fuck.

Zero depth. No line-weight. Flat as fuck shading. Absolute minimalist layering.
They should've just made this shit in Flash.

They also fucked up her design, especially the eyes. FML man, we're never gonna get great Tenchi art again. Mai fucking waifu remains in 1991.

Yes, I am very fucking mad. 10/10, etc.

>complains about keeping faith with the original design
(You) really fishing today eh?

Oh, so they were being fucking cheap about it. It felt like something more, though. She was quite hesitant on talking about it, maybe to be courteous I dunno.

I remember her eyes having that feline-like look to them, very sexy. But given this day and age it could've wound up to be much worse, all things considered it's an even balance of things.

She obviously loved the role, and at least her fans too. Don't think it was much to do on her end. She has replied to many of the comments in the did you know anime video on youtube. I was one of them. Fans of the dubbed anime love her. If Funimation does not get their shit together this time. Fuck them.

Calm down nigger she looks amazing as usual.

This

Much better than pic related.

The style of this show was kind of meh to me, not too bothered by it; it's the fucking designs that are way off-kilter.

Mihoshi's and Ayeka's hit closer to home than the rest of assemblage. Makes me scratch my head on how they fuck Ryoko that badly, should've just kept her original outfit thoughout the duration of the show and I wouldn't feel so bad.

Keep in mind the character design sheets tend to have the BEST representation of what the animated character will look like. In the actual show, the quality will drop by at least a multitude, shown in the previous screenshot. Anyway I said it before and I'll say it again, the new designs are very reminiscent of the original with a tad of maturity added, but they should've copied Washu's eyes (not the eyebrows obviously, just the eyes) over to Ryoko. They nailed the feline look on Washu, and it would'nt even have looked 'too' youthful.

I guess this is what it's like not being an artfag. Maybe you just don't see the lack of effort or depth. While the show Ai sucked donkey balls and should be burned, the actual designs were not bad. Washu was a little off, but Ryoko's design was not bad at all, and the rest of the girls looked fantastic. Look at their hair, specifically Ryoko/Washu on the Ai sheet. It's layered, with detail and depth. The new OVA designs look flat as fuck.

It's pretty sad because most new productions are like this, with studios cutting corners fucking everywhere. This is why a lot of 80's/90's stuff looks like eye candy and why a lot of shows today look like they came off some shitty conveyor belt. CG and quickly drawn flat characters everywhere. You're actually amazed when you see folds in clothing nowadays.

I actually thought this was a decent way to 'modernize' Ryoko's hair. You gotta admit, her full spiky shit is pretty retro early 90's. It's the goofy smile and tiny eyes that killed this design for me.

They've been posting new screenshots every weekday since last week.

Meant for

Anyone else kind of prefer the spinoffs more than the Tenchi Muyo series itself?

>I actually thought this was a decent way to 'modernize' Ryoko's hair. You gotta admit, her full spiky shit is pretty retro early 90's.

Kinda wanted them to shorten it down to a degree so it wouldn't be super droopy behind her back, it's a minor nitpick really not important.

When they showed her in one of her iconic dresses though, I got excited, getting that tingly feeling in my chest.

Didn't realize they were that active on the twitter. I'm trying my best not to go completely ape-shit with this so I don't ruin anything when it comes out, but I do want a trailer at least.

Yes, GXP was great and Kenshi deserves an S2 where he tries to find away to get home. It's his necklace. Dual! is also good, but White should have let her hair regrow.

>mfw White's hair was cut short
She instantly dropped from like first or second best girl to the absolute bottom of the tier list.

Same. I was also disappointed with the full human D at the end of the show. She lost everything that made her unique.

I saw it as just a natural path for her character progression personality-wise, but it could have been presented in another way that wasn't just a straight-up retcon, I guess.

>You gotta admit, her full spiky shit is pretty retro early 90's.
No, that is false. Its a trademark design of her character you fucktard. Why the fuck would you need to fix what isn't broke?

>I guess this is what it's like not being an artfag.
I sure can tell because you're sounding pretentious as fuck. As a fellow "artfag" the importance of keeping faithful to the original designs to fictional characters is paramount to stay recognizable. Also far more important than trying to modernize what is already perfect.

There is literally no reason for it. You must had failed somewhere along the way to think its okay to change that. If you want to complain about the animation direction, then that is a different story, but without any trailers. There is nothing to discuss yet.

Flora is best Isekai

a.pomf.cat/mspzii.webm

>Voiced by Orikasa Ai.

Fuck yess! They hired the original seiyuu!

Most people say the dub was pretty good and I don't deny it, but the original voice acting for Ryoko is one of the best I've ever come across.

Origial VA manages to make Ryoko sound naughty, sexy and cute at the same time and I love her job.
Once I watched the subbed version, I couldn't bear to watch the english dub anymore.

>berserker isekai got no love

She looked interesting and fun.

Original English Tenchi VA makes him sound like Kermit the Frog. Shinji in Eva also sounds like Kermit the Frog.

RIP Mihoshi.

Can't wait, hopefully its good, not liking the new designs, but at least they are better then Ai Tenchi Muyo's designs.

ALL RIGHT

oh my. Sasami still looks as though she's going to be best girl

Mihoshi looks mostly normal as well if this is anything to go by.
a Cabbit is fine too.

I mostly agree with you and I mentioned a lot of the same points in a thread the other day. Though I think the character designs themselves are the most acceptable part so far. I'm still hopeful and I'm gonna watch this shit for the plot anyway.

I'm with you on that one. That said, what kind of plot can there be? Tenchi is a high god and lives with three goddesses. His harem that are still mortal are demi-god tier. Nothing can threaten them so I can only imagine that now it's going to be slice of life 99% of the time as opposed to 80% of the time.

He sounds nasaly as fuck in the English dub.

With no villain to traditionally challenge him, it's main focus will be some slice of life shit with a lot politics thrown into the mix. Seeing as how you're forced to throw unconventional challenges at him I doubt any encounter would be Kagato-tier intensity without it all being kinda dumb.

But that's just the way things have turned out I suppose.

Me. I like harems and Tenchi Muyo reinvigorate my love for the genre.

Tenchi is the only Harem I actually enjoyed.

Makes you wonder which of the other girls are non-virgins. Most of them have lived for 1000+ years. That's plenty of time for something to happen.

>Washu
Yes
>Ryoko
Yes
>Mihoshi
Probably
>Kiyone
Probably not
>Noike
Probably
>Ayeka
No
>Sasami
No

Honestly it makes them feel more grounded as characters. Having a life/history prior to meeting Tenchi feels a lot better than being some glorified fuckdoll with the sole purpose of being attached to the MC's cock.

Better question: how the hell can you not love her?

They didn't release any more screenshots today. Instead the posted a new episode of the dumb Tenchi Radio thing.

Personally, her character design reminds me a little too much of Xellos.

Don't see it.

Xellos is awesome, anyways.

Neju grows up real good.

Aw shit son. There's a massive lack of good Ryoko art out there, how the hell did you manage to post something I haven't seen yet? Saved!

>fucktard
Calm your tits. I see by your anger that she's pretty important to you, don't worry I'm pretty obsessed with this one too. For like what must be nearly 20 years now.

I am no pro in character design or branding, but show me a brand that's been around for long, say 50-100 years, and hasn't updated their logo. There are VERY few. Modernizing a well liked design is usually always met with criticism at first but once it settles in even those who criticized will realize it was a good move years down the line. Ryoko's original hair is very reminiscent of early 90's 'demon girls'. Modernizing it a bit is not that bad if it stays in character, which the Ai design did. In a way it looked like the exact same hair, just a bit damp/wet enough to not spike so much.

>trailers

You might be right about that but I don't need trailers to tell me the art has 0 depth to it. Take almost any screen from a show like Hibike and you'll see line weight, unique angles, and character art feels like it has 'depth'. Hard to explain. Screens from this show look flat.

Thank you. Someone gets it.

GXP is my favorite. Hopefully the user who said he was translating the novels comes through.

I was so disappointed that Erma and Ryoko Balta were one person

Her transformation ability just made Ryoko hotter.

>Who else here is hype?

It's going to be shit user.

Who is stronger, Ryoko or Ayeka?

Is Ryoko confirmed for non-virgin.

Ryoko, just look at the Kagato battle. She was holding back her full power because she would have been burnt to a crisp, Washu says so.

*because Ayeka would have been burnt to a crisp

If Ryoko had al three jewels, and knew how to use them, she'd be as strong as a Choushin.

>TFW the little boy you've been lusting after was secretly prime breeding stock