Enough

Have you ever thought about leaving it all behind and moving away from society? Have you ever done it? Tell me your fantasies and experiences please.

i have a comfy life, why would i go starve to death?
only retards liek the faggot from "into the wild" think about this crap

im going to move to a remote section of alaska, nearly have enough saved to purchase the land and build a fully modern (plumbing, electical, septic, etc), off gird house (solar with diesel back up) with a nice perma culture garden. Been designing it all for about a year now whilst trying to acquire all the skills ill need.

I was more thinking of joining a temple

Sounds terrific, good luck to you sir

still retarded
going autist-selfsuficient is respectable atleast

thanks

i wont be completely self sufficient, but hopefull at least 95%

I stole money from my parents and bought a tent from walmart and a bunch of granola bars. I moved behind a local gas station and camped out in the woods for three months. There were a few other shops around so when I wasn't shitting in the woods I would use their bathroom and buy a little water with the tiny bit of cash I had. I found a faucet in the back of the gas station I would use for water if I didn't want to pay for it. I actually got a few regular customers from loitering in the parking lot and sucked them off in the bathroom for like 40 bucks a pop. I'd do this twice a month, and 80 bucks would make ends meet. I was lucky never to get an std (as far as i know) but then again I never swallowed even though they would have paid 30 bucks extra. The scariest time was at night, I was always scared someone was going to follow me back to my tent and kill me in my sleep. To this day though, I don't think anyone knew where I was camping. It was honestly uneventful for the most part. Most of it was boredom and semi meditating in the woods. I realized if I kept up at this rate my life would pass by, and although my time with nature would be great, my time would seem shorter. I eventually went back to my parents and just told them I ran away to florida with some friends and I would repay them the money as soon as I could. I wait tables now and paid them back withing three months of returning. I don't think I will ever tell anyone about this time of my life, and sometimes I worry someone that I sucked off will spot me randomly. I just count on them being just as secretive about it as I am so we dont' say anything to each other. It was what it was.

Add wind energy and wood burning fireplace. The winters are fucking brutal, and winter nights are long.

I also recommend combining traditional turf house techniques with a modern interior for energy efficiency, as it's a great insulator and also buffers the wind better.

no im going to use in floor heating and modern building techniques. I looked into wind but its not for me, thanks anyway for the advice

How are you going to get your diesel in the winter, and what if you run out?

stock pile it before, ill still have a car. Its just back up though, i should produce more than enough power with just solar, its just incase.

That's a great story, thanks for sharing.

>Alaska
>Winter
>ill still have a car

So you're building this house in an actual town then? One with paved roads and winter plows?

Somewhat relevant story.

One of my high school buddies joined a very successful tech startup and got recruited his freshmen year of college.

He dropped out of school and has over a billion dollars and moved to Asia

my dream is to have some kind of cuckshed way out in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors for at least a mile. The only problem is I would want internet and water in this cuckshed. I have no money so its just a dream. Long dark nights and me sitting around stoned or drunk in my little cuckshed with my cock in hand and a bottle in the other. Maybe shooting at random shadows as I slowly go insane watching the fires burn.

I live way out in the woods on 300 acres I inherited in a 20x20 cabin I built.

Completely off the grid except internet.

where im looking like iceland or the faroes, it never gets much below 20 or above 70. Theres roads all over, even the back country

psss psss psss psss psss psss psss

I'm a shut-in if that counts

And I've played with the idea of joining the church and becoming a missionary. The brazilian catholic church is in need of missionaries willing to go to the amazon forest.

I already did...I moved to a far northern town where the only industry is mining for metals and pulp milling. I must say I found no peace and the people were friendlier and more conservative yet twice as ignorant and boring.

Now I live back down south with awife and family. I am happy and fulfilled but I grow increasingly more concerned about the coming wars. Itwill be lower and middle class whites vs. Government. I have a feeling about this.

sounds like my plans

HOLY SHIT THERE IS SOMETHING OUTSIDE MY WINDOWS AH!
Oh, it's just a little possum buddy.

Yeah, you wanna go out deep in the dark woods... Heh, watch out for Dogman.

I'm going to larp as an off gridder.

That's pretty cool bro, like a Buddhist one?

Its expensive to isolate yourself.

I'm learning permaculture. I'm going to start a kike free ethnostate.

Takes years to get a homestead going and idk if you have that sort of time. Hell, I had to pressure and scare of Planet X/Nibiru to get me going. Worldwide devastation.

So I got a concrete dome home 100% legit boyo no natural disaster taking that out on one of the most stable regions of the continent and will deflects missuls, too. Might even paint it camo.

Had to get solar battieres solar panel, drained em once that killed the effeciency, so will buy replacements soon. And of course a generator had to be procured for backup.

Then came water dug real deep got some ooooooooooooooooooooooo clean spreang water it's nice. Solar pump does well but too lazy to hook that up so been bathing in my own urine. THat will make a man out of ya.

Rocket stove concept heater failed due to too long of an exhaust pipe so it smokes up my entire room. May fix that with a bigger chimney but in the meantime got a good ol' kerosene heaer which is probably toxic fumes but the Japs use em still not sustainable though.

Nearest neighbors are some hunters that I drove by on my very nondescript access road wouldn't even know nobody was out here heh. Then of course there are other neeeeighbors with lots of horses and cattles around these parts real cowboys but when you are some antisocial neet who is addicted to chan what's the use of makin' friends? Hopefully none of locals who helped build this place turn on me and come back looking for a comeuppance, a few shady characters as it is.

Those are the tales of the offf gridders, son. It's dark out here, but it will be dark everywhere soon.

Yeah that's what I had in mind, quite a fan of Buddhist literature.
I figured, I am saving up with stocks but they are burning me out lately and took a big hit recently. I really hate money, I want to live somewhere where the entire community doesn't use money.

Go for it man, even if only for a while, it would be a great thing to experience

Frankly I was planning on getting non kikes together, maybe from here, to start an enclave. No niggers. No spics. No shit skins of any kind whatsoever.

I thought about this a lot when I was depressed and suicidal.
I live in Earthquake central so after the last big one and no electricity/water/sewage for 3 months, I built an alright survival kit with fishing gear, hunting equipment, food, military surplus gear (cookware, sleeping, fire, water, MRE's etc). I also got some books incase a main fault line popped and wrecked us; Native edible plants, SAS survival guide on animal trapping, makeshift shelters, crossing rivers etc and another on avoiding and hiding from enemy forces more because it perked some interest, Bravo two zero kinda stuff.

Anyway, while heavily depressed I always told myself if it ever got to the point I Really wanted to anhero, I would dump whatever money I had on extra supplies, grab my kit and go bush and to hell with the world. "Why do I live by any constraints or rules, why are you my ruler I never agreed to this" kind of thinking.
New Zealand bush can be very dense and treacherous without knowledge and supplies. Tourists die every year because they think a tramp is a 'nature walk' and get lost. I was going to head to Milford Sound Reserve and intentionally get lost.
I overcame my depression with a day hours job for more money and reconnected with friends etc, but I have a keen interest and now do week long tramps/hunts in the bush.

I'm going to wait til all my loved ones die.
Then I'm going to seriously think about suicide.

What if you have children?

I moved 30 minutes from the city into a nice rural area of Ohio. Nobody bothers me, neighbors and community is great. Everybody is white. You’re welcome to join us, user. It’s comfy here. We have the largest cuckoo clock in the world in town.

iktf

lmao

>checked
Can you elaborate user? Got any pics, plans, etc?

theyre all hand drawn, sorry

>been bathing in my own urine

Achievement unlocked. I live innawoods but that's a bit hardcore even for me

Thinking about moving to Kansas since it's a more solidly red state. While the union falls down around me hopefully I will remain comfy. If it gets too bad attempt to move to Japan and hope they accept me.

What particular skills are you trying to acquire/hone for Alaskan wild?

Mate, if you're white, just come to New Zealand.
We're filling up pretty quick with white Brits fleeing Bongistan and we're happy to have you. I'm 4th generation Kiwi and 60% Brit 40% Scot just like most of the population here. Us Anglo's need to stick together, and as a bonus for you, the loose legged slags round here love a British Accent no-matter what region it is if you know what I mean boy ol pal

I moved to the Alaskan bush 3 years ago. I havent made a social call to anyone in that time. The few people I’m forced to deal with are mostly natives, which are hyper retarded assholes and more racist against whites than the niggers I grew-up around in Chicago. Here at least you can get rough with them if need be, and if it comes to it shoot a warning shot or two.
Theres only about 200 people of which I only see about 12 on a weekly basis, the nice ones bring me fish and meat.
The first year I lost 35lbs, and had no internet, TV or a phone. Which was nice, I was very productive with reading, nature photography, also I offered my services painting and drawing portraits to keep busy.
A dog helps, I’ve got an aleged wolf hybrid that wondered onto my lot enough to keep him.
I’m not an outdoorsman by any means, I just like my solitude so I can pretty much live anywhere.

Tons of operators I’ve known go to Central America and sell cigarettes. Seems like a good quiet life,

Actually that's how you regulate your immune system and turn into a superman by conserving nutrients. You'd be surprised how little water you need daily. I get by on a few gallon jugs of distilled water a week, but then again also drink urine. Heh...

I really should get that solar well pump wired up, nothing is stopping me, and I don't like pumping or hauling water although both are certainly within my capabilities.

I will need some water for mopping, and laundry, and also need to get my pitcher-pump style sinks running. That will make this place a little less primitive and more 1800's.

I'm going to spend all my savings on a yacht and sail the world for a few years as soon as I have enough. Well not quite all, I have superannuation aside that I can't touch.

Just wish I started saving for it earlier, I could be already free.

construction, plumbing, electrical. Im going to do all the work myself.

Tell us about the internet you're using and can you show a photo of the area you live?
Pretty curious, most of Alaska on the idiot box is desolate sparse forest, not at all bush

Just go to the cabin Ted.

I'm lucky in that the largely abandoned house next door has two metal-encased ground wells on the property ready to use. Just open the lid and there's spring water inside. All the rain we get in the Maritimes does at least make it easy to find natural springs

Almost every day.

I drive a cargo van to work every day, even though I do software development. In the back of the van I built a bed with storage, simple fold out table and manual pump sink, dry foods, clothes, couple guns, amenities, books. It brings me a lot of comfort to know that if I needed to just leave, I could, with little investment.

I've only ever done it once in my life though. Left my parents at age 14, wandered the streets and put myself through high school. Visited every state except for Alaska, was an amazing experience.

Who in their right minds would want to go to Alaska? Maybe if you want to freeze to death. Sheesh. Montana is plenty nice. Have fun subsisting off seal blubber.

Me, I'll get some goats and become a nomadic goat herder in the locar area when the climate collapses here in oh, say 2-3 years.

Water will be a most precious resource in the coming times. Spring water has anti-gravitic properties that can elevate your consciousness especially if you run it through certain types of magnetic ormus traps to distill those noble elements.

I'm a bit over whelmed with all the replies in my sleep deprived state but let you know that I am reading every single one and enjoying all your tales. Thanks everyone

I was an addict and homeless for a short while.
I am glad you shared and wish you only the best in life.
It's rough out there.

You should film and make a youtube series of it. I'd watch the shit out of it

The internet was recently (this month) upgraded, it was limited to 10gs a month at near 56k speeds. It was better than nothing at least.
I live on a lake in SW AK, best salmon in the world.

sorry, i dont want to be famous

I have, kind of

being a city-hermit is better desu senpai

That all sounds fine and dandy. Are you psychologically prepared for basically only being able to spend 4-6 months a year outside? Going through spells of 24 hour daylight and close to 24 hours of no sunlight? Constantly living in fear of predators. Having little to no human contact... Gasp, not even being able to talk to your fellow sperges on Pol? It's all fun and games to larp living off the grid in Alaska, it's another thing to be made of the stuff necessary to do it.

im going to have internet silly

My dad fucked off to a house in the woods where he grows shit and never calls me. Thanks for the bpolar genes and fucking off when I was a kid, nigger.

Just do it now, chimp

That’s only the North slope when the sun doesnt come out for 3 months. You’ve clearly never stepped foot in Alaska.

>implying I'm apart of society

I want to do the same. I'm in NYC and there are plenty of options for me. I would do Buddhist, but I also want to join an Orthodox Christian missionary because I like their practice. Ultimately though, I would not want to spend an extremely long time in isolation. Taking a break from the outside world has many benefits, but it's not beneficial to just shut yourself away from the world. That's kind of... cowardly.

>missionary
monastery*

I stayed out on the mesa outside of Taos for a few nights with a friend and stayed in the blue bus featured in Off the Grid doc. Those folks are just artsy losers who are addicts and think they are a commune. One dude took my vodka bottle and said "we share on the mesa" and I said fuck that. His name was Abstract.
It's a weird little area around there but if I could get away with doing some jewelry work and make a living Taos is kinda cool.

Prove it you lying sack of shit

I could get on a plane to another area tomorrow, stay in a new place and find some work. It's a great feeling, have done it before even coming to different countries. I don't own a lot of things, when I came here it could all fit in my backpack, now I might need to do a little cull.

Getting good money for little work so I'm tempted to stay in the city a bit longer. Just for the goal of sailing that's obsessing me lately. Have to resist the urge to buy more crap

Man after my own heart

>have to subsist on seal blubber and chewing leather in the north
>anchorage full of criminals and probably niggers
>something like a 1 to 2 female to male ratio

I considered the SW peninsula islands area of Alaska that looked real comfy and WET

Man this kerosene heater is gettin a little toastay never drops below 65 in this insulated concrete shelter 1000sq

I rented a room in an old spanish casa up there north of Taos in DRY CANYON or something. Spics are trying to take over the area and control a lot of the water cannals for irrigation. Had an indian war chief offer to take me hunting on rez land. Sadly, I passed. Some of the most enchanting landscapes in this country but very unforgiving for comfy survival needs man I miss it out there I'm getting a little teary eyed typing this oh man. Maybe if I had an Earthship home it would be doable out there.

I have. The best answer is travel. It reminds you how strong you are, how weak you are and makes you grateful.
It reminds you that people are good, the world is beautiful and that there is no place like home.
Go see how other people live, I guarantee you , good will come of it.

I have an isolated property on the lake
It's pretty nice out there

You don't have to leave it all behind to escape...

I traveled. I hate people more than I have ever hated people in my life. The world is an absolute shithole. 99% of humanity is absolutely worthless.

Wunderlust is an idiots path, but an idiot who can afford to be so superficial. You will learn nothing of your fellow man in such thin slices.

100 percent correct.

Holy fuck that view is gorgeous. I’m jelly as fuck of you user.

My electric is all by Honda genny and Solar.
Burn wood.
Hunt my own meat
fish
make a living off the land.

>Have you ever thought about leaving it all behind
Pic related. Ive been to Japan several times and would unironically live there full time if I could. Specifically, the Matsue province or anywhere in Gifu. The mountains look just like southern Appalachia and everything is very civil and clean. The food is fucking amazing. Lazy summer days just like that cat contemplating life while staring at zen scape is the life desu.

>inb4 weeb I hate anime

Why is everyone going bush? The answer is to go ocean. A yacht setup for single handed sailing of approximately 50-ft can easily reach any corner of the globe.

>was going to head to Milford Sound Reserve and intentionally get lost.

You know how steep it is around there? No way you'd be able to carry enough calories to replace the ones you were burning everyday, before being able to set up long term, and wildlife that you can actually kill is sparse, your diet would be predominantly duck and fish, as most of the deer have been culled, and maybe the clams if you can get deep enough to reach them.

Remember the first 10m of water in the sounds is freshwater runoff that sits above the salt water, so the light penetration is poor resulting in no deep sea species of fish.

It's a nice idea and I'd love to do the same, but all the islands are DoC reserves so are actively managed which means there's quite a lot of human traffic in and around the area.

There's a difference between a traveler and someone who buys the commercialized product of travel. I'd say you learn a lot about fellow man and yourself by doing things like setting up in a foreign place with nothing but what's on your back. Meeting people, making connections, exploring, finding some work. And then if you're careful to not put roots too deep, you can do it all over again

Yes, like 30 days off grid at a time, full time RV'ing and trying to be in a forest alone as much as possible. Its a monk life and I sort of like it. I think its better than being in a city full of people I don't know.

>Why is everyone going bush? The answer is to go ocean. A yacht setup for single handed sailing of approximately 50-ft can easily reach any corner of the globe.

My man. 50 foot is pretty big really. Pic related is 28 foot and has circumnavigated the world twice. I guess it depends how simple you are willing to go, the budget, and how small of a space you can handle living in

My thinking is that sizewise you can handle worse weather with a bigger yacht. I've singlehanded a 60ft racing yacht up from the Caribbean to Bermuda with the help of my friend the Raymarine autopilot, it's all about what you're comfortable with I guess.

50-60ft range gives good internal volume without having to make too many compromises wrt space (although of course you always do make space concessions on a boat).

The main one for me would be speed - time between safe anchorages and the ability to outrun weather is key. Waterline length and sail area certainly helps in that regard.

I'd like to go live in the mountains with a loyal wife and have some kids but I know white millennial women aren't going to do it. I don't want to be alone and I need to fulfill my duty and reproduce.

60ft is literally hundreds of thousands of dollars at minimum

My hero. That is my absolute highest dream. The only problem (other than financial and logistical) is bears and possibly wolves.

Older racing yachts go for pennies on the dollar as they're so sparse internally and are so un user friendly for those wanting a yacht of that size for family use.

Perfect as a blank canvass to custom fit for purpose (self sufficiency).

If you live in Southern California you'd wish for it every day of your miserable life.