Inside a survivalists sprawling 10...

>Inside a survivalists sprawling 10,000 sq ft bunker hand built from 42 school buses to prepare for the 'impending' nuclear holocaust - and he wants YOU to move in
>Bruce Beach and his wife have built a 10,000 square-foot nuclear fallout shelter
>The couple started building the shelter in 1980 and had it finished in two years
>It's made up of 42 school busses that are buried under feet of soil and concrete in their 12.5 acre back yard in Hornig's Mills, Canada
>And Beach says there is currently room for up to 300 more people in his shelter

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5074001/Survivalist-built-10-000-sq-ft-nuclear-fallout-shelter.html

Neat.

RIP in piece Tim

I stayed with Bruce Beach a few months ago when the threat of North Korean attack seemed imminent.

I shit you not. I bought a plane ticket to Toronto and stayed for 3 weeks in his house which is 2 mins from the bunker. The shelter was in disrepair though. No lights, damp, floorboards rotting, food rotting etc. The guy was a religious nutjob but pretty funny at times. Got into an argument when I refused to convert to his shitty religion (B'nai B'nai or something similar sounding). Had a grandson who was into anime. Also had some interesting stories to tell about how he stole a painting from John D Rockefellers cousin who was running for election. His son was going to fix up the bunker so it might be better now than it was. But you'd be better off building your own bunker somewhere rural as the old fucker is losing his grip on reality and can't be relied upon

I’m thinking of Burying a Connex or something In my backyard and kitting it out just for fun

The water storage was also fucked. Keep in mind that when SHTF everyone in a 50 mile radius is going to be making a dash for the nearest public shelter, including law enforcement. If the bomb doesn't kill you gun toting rednecks looking for shelter surely will

Baha'i not B'nai

Dude you need to make a whole thread about this

I'm looking to move rural. I'm guessing the globalists are planning a controlled nuclear takedown of the USA as Joel skousen predicts, and Marshall law but they're not stupid enough to let it develop into full scale nuclear war. Just the major metropolitan areas that are a drain on government resources.

I'm thinking rural British Columbia. It shouldn't be too difficult to find volunteer work as a farm hand.

>School buses
Wew, not even close to far enough underground to really survive much. Almost as retarded as the guy who buys shipping containers then buries them 1 foot underground only to find out it completely collapsed during a rainstorm. You want to make a bunker, do it right and buy concrete, shit will last ages.

Do NOT buy a connex. It will collapse, they are not meant for underground unless you try and buy some supporting material for the sides.

I really should. The guy was an eccentric fucker. His house was a disguising mess. When I first arrived he was eating Danish pastries with flies in the jam. There were also hundreds of rats living in the walls in the basement so I had to sleep on his couch. His wife was deaf and he would shout angrily when she couldn't hear what he was saying. Got so abusive I had to calm him down at one point, which started another argument. No thanks from his wife who proceeded to tell me I was eating too much of their food and would soon have to leave, even though I paid for my share of the food.

He was pretty nuts

Thx for tip.
Is there something else that holds weight better?

make a thread right now please you've got me in stitches.

Concrete is probably your best option, user. It's a bit more expensive, but for the size and potential to last ages it is your best bet. I mean if you're spending 4-7 grand on a shipping container, might as well spend a few extra and not risk collapse and go with waterproofed concrete. If you can try to brace the sides of a shipping container, for less, by welding some steel on the sides and to the edges, but it's not guaranteed to fix the issue.

In fairness the bunker was pretty well put together (or at least it would have been 40 years ago when it was first built). The buses are deep underground encased in concrete. The shelter has massive storage for water and a once functioning power generator but neither are still functional. He did say they would be up and running in the weeks ahead once his friend brought the equipment, though it's hard to say if he was bluffing

>it was only a few flies
keked silently

Tried telling my dad this a few times. He's an idiot who jumps on every scam of the week.

Lucky that he declared bankruptcy just before retirement and can no longer use credit cards for probably the rest of his life.

That is one hell of a cuckshed.

>encased in concrete
Ah, that solves that issue then, would definitely make a great bunker. Yeah a I thought it was just a bus and maybe some drywall/plaster for the windows, was about to say that shit would not last long.

it's under concrete and 7 feet of dirt, it's more that adequate to survive any fallout. A near strike will take it out but it's in the middle of bumfuck nowhere

shipping containers can only take vertical loads along their edges, that's why the sides are corrugated. You can reinforce them by welding ribs and scantling along the sides but you'd just be better off just welding up your own steel box

>it's under concrete
I did not have this info and addressed that realization here >vertical loads
Yup, said that too

That is fucking awesome.

who wants to nuke canada? for what purpose would someone nuke canada?

finishing the video I am noticing a huge lack of food or ability to produce more food. Maybe an investment of a large area for hydroponics. I've seen it done successfully quite a few times on youtube, but long-term viability? idk, what is a good idea to fix that?

Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal. That is just four reasons to nuke Canada.

When I arrived the room I was staying in was a filthy mess. Literally shit lying everywhere. I couldn't be arsed to tidy it up as I didn't want to move stuff around the house. About 1 week later he enter d the room and started blaming me for making a mess. I also stupidly forwarded an email to my mother so she knew where inwas staying. She emailed him back and forth and basically psychoanalysing me behind my back. He found out I had assaulted my mother a while back which surfaced when I got into an argument with him and he said "you're not going to attack me like you did your mother" - creepy shit. He also forced me to do chores in the garden (fair enough considering I was staying as a guest). But he would stand behind me and issue orders in his garden which was filled with dog turds like a minefield. I told him to fuck off several times but he was a persistent bastard. He also made these long winded videos of himself talking complete gobledygook and would pay some guy to edit them. Was also in debt from lawsuits as the local council had tried to shut down his bunker several times. As annoying as he was, he was relatively amusing to talk to about crazy shit like the polar switch and NWO

you forgot edmonton

t. calgaryfag

It's the fallout from radiation that's the main concern.

I'm all for it and I'm in downtown Toronto.

Nuke us.