How much value do you put into KyoAnus getting blown the fuck out?

How much value do you put into KyoAnus getting blown the fuck out?

Kyoani is pretty good but I don't think it really deserves as much discussion as it does on here. Why don't we get Production IG vs Madhouse shitfest threads? I get that it's shit posting guys but let's at least widen our topics.

Irrelevant show

( ̄人 ̄) Hello. I am "Mr. Likes To Sage Threads". I do believe this thread is in need of Sage, so I would like to sage it. That is why my name is "Mr. Likes To Sage Threads".

it's not really about anime, it's more about getting replies and decreasing overall post quality
please save us

look at this. this must be purely stylistic choice, right?
look again. thirty seconds in 1080p fit into 3 MB, and the quality isn't as bad as it should be

I dont know what cartoon this this is but I can instantly recognize shaft

>implying the implications

>2D decal characters in 3D space

What the fuck
Even video games don't do that anymore.

>this is an OVA
thanks shaft

This is a completely different visual style than KyoAni so why even compare them? Which one is better is purely personal preference in this case.

Oh wait, you just want to start shit. I guess it's finally time to add "KyoAnus" to my filter.

It's easier to animate an OVA because you're not restricted by time.

Truly a nonsense.

They're discussed because they have an authorial voice, rather than Madhouse or whoever. People discuss Shaft and Kyoani like people discuss Ikuhara instead of JC or Yuasa instead of Madhouse.

I think Shaft is a very creative studio, and I think they shine the most when they just go insane with the visuals, for example: the train scene in SZS, the first fight on Madoka or even the first two episodes of Owarimonogatari. Every time they try a cleaner style it tends to be ugly or boring. It's a waste.

What are the visual direction highlights this year?

In my opinion nothing, although Flip Flappers can get pretty creative with its setting.

I wish Shaft would go back to making fun little comedies instead of more Monogatari and Madoka.

They're doing Tsugumomo next year

Kiznaiver even if the show was shit

Experimental/setting: Flip Flappers, Phantom World
Detail/lighting: Hibike, Kiznaiver
Framing: Rakugo
Animation: Mob Psycho

wouldn't it be smarter to use 'action animation' for Mob

You do realize Shaft outsource basically anything that isnt their powerpoint scenes.

They are doing Maidragon next season

>comparing SHAFT's god-tier cinematography to kyoAni's in the first place
KyoAni has good cinematography, but they're not better than SHAFT. SHAFT sadly has shit-tier time management, unlike kyoAni.

I wouldn't call Phantom World experimental

Kimi no Na wa, Koe no Katachi and Phantom World. Space Patrol Lulco also was a new high for shorts.

Flip Flappers isn't really experimental either

>luluco was a new high for shorts

>Space Patrol Lulco also was a new high for shorts.
I'm pretty sure it's just because Imaishi directed it

Luluco was just alright. Wakaba Girl is the best short.

Because we don't actualyl want to talk about things. We want to keep rehashing the same inflammatory, disingenuous argument to perpetuate the low standard of discourse on Sup Forums. God forbid we DON'T make threads where the sole purpose is to get (you)s and shitpost.

I love Luluco, but it literally only had 3 good-looking episodes: 5, 12 and 13.

>it's another Kyoani thread

Hackadoll is the best short anime of all time.

I meant 4, not 5. Fuck.

This. SHAFT is great when it comes to shot composition, but I do wish that they were as organized as KyoAni.

Only Oishi is great at shot composition.

Well, yes.

this

I only watched the intro scene to Kizu, but while it looked amateurish or downright ugly at times, I think it's a very cool style and I hope they continue with it.

[citation needed]

>it's another Sup Forums tries to make an studio war thread
ftfy

>Space Patrol Lulco also was a new high for shorts.
It was shit though.

Just watch Gumball

the power of mode 7

It was at times.

None. I'm blind