Why was Light the stupidest protagonist ever?

>Have item that can kill and even manipulate people with out you even being there
>Still gets caught

Other urls found in this thread:

gwern.net/Death Note Anonymity
twitter.com/AnonBabble

His biggest mistake was killing that guy on the TV

he was too ambitious and made really stupid mistakes

He was retarded and impulsive

He didn't kill because he believed in Justice. He killed became he loved the power

This plus the fact that the retard didn't understood how to even use the note.

He could basically blackmail every world leader, every company board, every level of law enforcement, every level of the underworld to do whatever he wanted... he could have even killed every annoying celebrity, ended shitty tv show, he could have actually improved the world without ever being caught.

Damn retard...

Blackmailing people sounds like a way to die even faster than he did.

>Still has scrap of Death Note in his watch when he is caught by Nate
>pulls out in front of the police to write on it instead of writing the name behind his back
I'm still mad.

>writing the name behind his back

Ok user, that's not easy in english not to mention in moonspeak

It wasn't even a strategy at that point he just wanted Near dead

He didn't expect L's ingenuity. He probably thought hes on the side of the law by killing criminals

>have a primary suspect
>let him on the investigation team

Is L the stupidest detective ever?

It is implied in the manga that humans that use the Death Note become cursed or crazy, that explains how his behavior becomes progressively insane and erratical

There was also an extra epiloge chapter about another Death Note user after Light that kills old and terminally ill people that gets crazy and ends killing himself that proves the theory

when youre a virgin teenager you do a lot of stupid shit on daily basis

>Stupidest protagonist ever?
No.

>Why was Light the stupidest protagonist ever?

>kills the smartest detective in the world when he's just a school kid

Give credit when it's due

Look, that paper was tiny and there were multiple guys there, he would be shot

You know what the worst part about that is?
The fact that he didn't even needed to use it.

I mean, Mikami not writing his name on the note may be proof of something to Near but on a court the most that proves is that Light was an accomplice or, if played right, that he was coerced into helping Mikami which would be regarded as Kira.

The fucking dumb ass lost it because he was a fucking idiot who thought he was smart.

This. It's actually a big deal for the plot because if L hadn't made that one very astute move and Light hadn't made that one impetuous mistake, there'd realistically be no story. And it wasn't even that big of a mistake since it's pretty natural to assume that nobody has hijacked the TV to broadcast a message just to one particular location instead of the whole country like normal.

It's a pretty good move on the writer's part, because it kicks off the plot well, establishes L's character and puts Light at serious risk.

I'd agree. The safest way to use it to change the world would be for assassinating high-profile, high-power public figures; ideally in a way that doesn't make totally obvious what's happening, so you can avoid scaring people off of any leadership role. You'd have to have a pretty strong code of ethics yourself to not just reduce the world to chaos, though.

Assuming you want to do that. I bet most people would just use it for their own personal goals.

>using a huge plotshield and 2 gods of death

I figured that was more due to the power itself than anything on the death note's part. Power corrupts and all that. I don't know what the epilogue shit is.

Light started out earnestly wishing to better humanity, but slowly twisted into a complete monster as he bent his morals more and more, justifying killing anyone who threatened to stop him on moral grounds because it would stop him from making the world better in his eyes.

Though he didn't completely fail. I believe they mentioned the crime rate dropped massively as his killing spree continued. It was like if the boogeyman was real, but only targeted bad people, and his definition of 'bad people' became looser with each passing day.

He didn't kill that detective, he tricked someone else into doing it for him

>Seeing as manny HAPPENINGS as there can be in a lifetime and seeing the world change enormously isn't pursuing one's personal goals
Only for the plebs playing god isn't the ultimate fetish

Killing the guy on TV was an asspull I couldn't suspend my disbelief on but maybe that was so that I could suspend my disbelief for the rest of the series, as I would then naturally expect the rest of the anime to be just as ridiculous.

>maniupulating people is not smart

Keep acting like Misa wasn't a huge liability for him, she's the entire reason he was locked up in the first place.

He manipulated someone in to killing him without getting his own hands dirty and at the best time when he's free from proper suspicion, don't see how that doesn't deserve any credit.

>Killing the guy on TV was an asspull

Literally fucking how? It was totally in character for him to be provoked as he thinks he's the god of the verse and no one could touch him.

L becoming a dumbass and letting Misa go without people tailing her is a plotshield though

What are you talking about? She was close with him up until Light made it so the rule of the note were changed and cleared any suspicion on both of them so he can't have anyone tail her anymore, infact the task force probably wouldn't have gone through with it anyways since they were 100% convinced at that point.

L was always more focused on Light anyways

Remember when L took initiatives like tailing Misa before Light made his plans and proving she was Kira using advanced biological evidences like pollen and shit? Or made other "best detective in the world" strawmen? That's the kind of carefulness you should expect from world's 1st detective.

Not "let ex-Kira go without anyone looking at what she does : after all, it's not like Kira is still here (oh shit he actually is since Higuchi was killed) or if we've already proven she WAS Kira and Kira gets transmitted easily"

The fact L doesn't have cameras in his chopper is dumb too. Just plotshield after plotshield.

>Remember when L took initiatives like tailing Misa before Light made his plans and proving she was Kira using advanced biological evidences like pollen and shit? Or made other "best detective in the world" strawmen? That's the kind of carefulness you should expect from world's 1st detective.

You are just bitching at this point talking nonsense. She didn't even get her memories till like halfway when L was busy with the Higuchi situation with light .

>Not "let ex-Kira go without anyone looking at what she does : after all, it's not like Kira is still here (oh shit he actually is since Higuchi was killed) or if we've already proven she WAS Kira and Kira gets transmitted easily"

He had NO reasons and rights to follow her after there was flat evidence saying Light and Misa couldn't be Kira, no one would have stalked her in the small task force like before as again they were convinced.

>The fact L doesn't have cameras in his chopper is dumb too.

Highly doubt there would be camera's facing towards light's seat and not in the other direction in a chopper and depends on the type, you're really just bitching at this point

>You are just bitching at this point talking nonsense. She didn't even get her memories till like halfway when L was busy with the Higuchi situation with light .
What nonsense? Misa was PROVEN to be a Kira. The situation was decisive enough for L to go full bondage on her and have Watari right behind her all the time to prevent her from killing herself by biting her tongue. Catching Higuchi doesn't change the fact Misa WAS Kira so why would L ever let Misa go and not have someone look after her? Because if it was the case, Misa would never have gotten the Death Note and Light's plan would have led to nothing, so it's a plotshield.

>b-but no one would have accepted to follow her
How about that criminal he pays to follow people? L has connections to mafia. Or even Watari?

There's literally no reason for world's 1st detective to let a proven culprit go away because she supposedly wasn't Kira for a time.

No, but you're clearly retarded.

>Former CIA agent uses alias
>Gives real name to some high school kid claiming to be detetctive
He even admits that straight up bullshit.

You mean, when he approached Light? It was a strategic move to prove that if he died, Light was the culprit

Did you even watch the show or just went to the final episode?
If you did watch then you know through what this dude went right? And what he pulled off? Only a mental person can say something as dumb as you OP.

>Giovanni copied the entire notebook
>in a single night
>he copied seven years of writing with at least a page being written almost every day
>down to the precise handwriting
>in a single night

Really, Near?

>Misa was PROVEN to be a Kira

No she wasn't, she was only a clear suspect that provided nothing in the interrogation and they had no real evidence to properly arrest her, then he had real leads to an actual death note user higuchi and misa had that shitty cop with her as her idol agent for time until Light used the note to clear suspicions, You are just making up shit. He had no basis to continue watching her and instead tried to get shit out of the shinigami.

>How about that criminal he pays to follow people? L has connections to mafia. Or even Watari?

Like i said, Misa was proving to be be useless and he tied a cop to be with her, keep spouting this "proven" culprit when she was never proven jack shit, just a suspect that they had to take in and got nothing out of her and then evidence came and cleared her.

Oh look another speed reader

>a literal officer at the station telling light if he was gonna help out with cases again and then mentions how he's the son of the chief of japan in front of the damn CIA chick

I don't see how him being a detective and then even knowing about L while also having the same assumptions about the situation which shows his detective thinking makes is SO hard to believe he's a young detective being raised by the chief of police.

>he did it twice

>No she wasn't, she was only a clear suspect
Bullshit. Reread the manga. They had 20 different pieces of evidence she sent the tapes and the sender of the tapes was the second Kira. That's why they could go bondage on her : there was no doubt on her case.

>Misa was proving to be be useless and he tied a cop to be with her
Before Higuchi. Not after. That's bullshit.

Near used Death Note to manipulate Mikami so the fake Death Note was probably not 'exactly' the same.

where do you think is hidden Naomi Misora dead body??

They were going to extrajudicially kill Light either way. This was heavily implied.
Watch the anime and then post again.

Beno's house

I know. I just hate that they set up this whole "Kira vs. L" thing, then pulled the rug out from under both sides and killed them all instead of Light taking over the world.

This was the real asspull of the series

L won though

L's predecessors won. It's a hollow (and very asspulled) victory.

>In November 2006 the director and the author of Death Note were shocked when multiple fans asked if Light was the good guy and if the author advocated for such a world.

Looks like we have our answer for why episode 26-onwards went full moralistic.

Reminder that Shinichi is smarter than L

It's better than a straight defeat / temporary asspulled victory like Light has gotten.

I thought the biggest bullshit was
>oh look, somebody died when we were watching him study
>he didn't have any media on
>that's a perfect way to make us think he's not the killer, and that happened too fast
>we need to spend more time and resources to watch this man that showed us that a killing happened while he was being monitored
>let's watch him jack off to this magazine to ensure he's not the killer

Spot on L.

Execution aside, I understood why the manga killed L off and had someone take his place. It's to establish Light would never be free of suspicion. He will always be on the run - and despite what he thought - he's not God. He's mortal and mortals make mistakes, such as the one that did him in.

If he was willing to kill literally everyone near to him, he could get away with it

it's not like they had much better guesses, especially considering the Raye Penber and police intel evidences.

gwern.net/Death Note Anonymity

Light fucked up all the way, but especially in these two steps.

I'm still confused on how Near found out Light was Kira at the end. Maybe I had a bad translation but it made no sense to me.

He takes the notebook and what? Replaces it except for one page and gives that to the obsessed guy? I don't know.

Pretty much. He lured Mikami out by having Mello kidnap Takada, then replaced it with the fake.

Did the author ever say what would have happened had Light not taken the bait?
It seems like a question he would have run into.

>fbi guy is following you
>sees nothing out of ordinary
>thinks you're innocent
>kill him
why?

Yeah he apparently had a guy make a hand made perfect copy of a magical notebook with infinite pages that had been used for several years
Mikami acted stupid, Light acted stupid
Here's how Light wins in the end
>don't say "I win" like a dumbass
>Near's guys capture Mikami
>say it's a set up by Near
>say Mikami is a guy hired by Near to frame him
>say Near has the death note, he's obviously fucking guilty
>storm out of there with your still loyal buddies
>kill everyone with the death note while in the car
There you fucking go

>"I win" like a dumbass
Well he is a dumbass. A narcissistic dumbass who thought he was god.

The REAL asspull is the fact that he did this despite the fact that it was stored in a bank safety deposit box, and breaking in to it happened offscreen and was glossed over as though it was no big deal
people use safety deposit boxes for a reason
banks are pretty fucking secure

It's still pretty retarded to spend 100% of your time and resources on a guy that has no connection to the murders you're investigating and that there's no physical evidence implicating them in the murders that have taken place.

I was quite rustled when Soichiro neither put a cap in Mello's ass nor told anyone his real name.

He wouldn't have done that had Light been smart enough not to hack his father's computer while he's chased by L. Plus since L knew Kira could kill with a name and a face, there was the option he could kill people in advance

He was never like that, it was completely ooc for him
The only thing that comes close was when he killed Misora, but he had complete control of the situation, absolutely no variables and no way to lose
He was still stupid
>hurr I'll make her kill herself and magically hide her body so her parents and relatives won't ever have peace about her because I'm sooooo evil
Just have her get run over by a car you idiot
Light's intelligence is too inconsistent, he's stupid because ge kills the fbi dudes, but does it with a foolproof and pretty stylish plan, he again stalks Misora and makes her suspiciously disappear, but was smart in having her hand over her own identity

>Yeah he apparently had a guy make a hand made perfect copy of a magical notebook with infinite pages that had been used for several years
Let's say they write 10 names (20 words) per day on it for 7 years. That's about 50 000 words. If Giovanni can write 1 word/sec, he can do that in 15 hours (night+morning). More if he got help. They might have cut corners too.

>He was never like that, it was completely ooc for him
he was always a dramatic fuck
Remember first chapter? "I'M A GOD HUR".
Lind Tailor ? Raye Penber ? That time when he sent tons his followers at Near's place?

>They had 20 different pieces of evidence she sent the tapes and the sender of the tapes was the second Kira. That's why they could go bondage on her : there was no doubt on her case.

That was not enough to prove she WAS any Kira and that she could have been manipulated to make/send those tapes retard, there was no evidence of her actually killing or any sign of note or whatever HENCE why they interrogated her and questioned how and shit while all she did was cry like a bitch and prove to be useless. They only fucking bandaged her because they believed she might have been Kira and who killed kill with eyes and had to lock her up that way to prevent any risks.

>Before Higuchi. Not after. That's bullshit.

No because she was in the fucking clear again retard, the rules written made it so it can't be her as such no reason to stalk her when all this proved she was just a pawn like Higuchi. L was busy dealing with the new death note he found and the shinigami so keep saying it's bullshit because you don't like it.

You're literally a god when you have the death note. You can cause WW3, Zombie Apocalypse, Peace Era, etc

>10 names per day
What?
Did you not see Light maniacally writing for hours at a time?
It's impossible, besides Giovanni isn't Japanese and he perfectly copied the Japanese handwriting of several different people?
Comd on it's fucking bullshit
Being dramatic is one thing, being stupid is another
If he wanted to be properly dramatic he'd have started pacing around and going on a monolog about his own suffering during his life

Has anybody counted how many times the word "shinigami" is said?

He didn't break in, he was a fucking cop working under international jurisdiction to subdue a mass murderer. The bank most likely showed him the way and opened it for him.

>evidence
Shut the fuck up

Even when she was still a simple suspect he had someone tail her. No way anyone would let her roam around freely after that. It happened because author NEEDED IT so she could get the Death Note.

It's bad writing.

What would L and Light IQ be like

>I'm here to investigate a client of yours?
>who are you?
>international agent
>oh yeah, who? Can I see some ID?
>no, I work on the Kira case
>Kira? No thanks, leave please we don't want that trouble here

A: Their group was disavowed
B: the idea that a bank that would just open up a safety deposit box for some foreign police when local law enforcement has actively stated their intent not to get involved, meaning no local warrant, is absurd

>Did you not see Light maniacally writing for hours at a time?
That was at the beginning. After that there's no way there would be that many criminals who'd deserve that everyday.

Plus the "infinite" number of pages doesn't make sense from a physical standpoint (notebook doesn't get bigger) so either he didn't write that many names or pages are getting magically replaced little by little. Either way, Giovanni only has to reproduce a 200 pages book in a night. He's an agent working in Japan, I'm sure he writes well. Even if he can't reproduce Mikami's writing perfectly, he doesn't need to perfect pages other than the first ones and the last ones (he might not even need to make anything look alike if we assume Mikami was manipulated and thus wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between a potato and a dog if the note wanted it)

They broke into the vault

The timeskip said the criminals dying were increasing in frequency
And the notebook is magic, it can probably hold all the pages while still being thin and weighting a ton

Near > L

I gave the second half a fair chance but that was just an inexcusable asspull. And that was supposed to be the masterstroke. This shit is what ended death note

L 150
Light 140

This literally doesn't prove she was Kira, just someone who sent those tapes for 2nd kira.

They just believed she was and then found nothing from their interrogation.

If all this "evidence" was enough to lock her and claim she was the 2nd Kira for good, explain why she wasn't locked up.

Can't believe you're this retarded.

> No way anyone would let her roam around freely after that.

Maybe because she was clear from being a suspect and the guy had his hands on the thing he's been fucking looking for from the start?

They had his keys and cards though, what's stopping them from getting in?

Giovanni didn't copy the entire book.
Near manipulated Mikami to ignore and bring the notebook to the warehouse and become mentally retarded. Near didn't even have any evidence. He just forced the confession out of Light in a subtle way since he is 100% sure that Light is Kira. "Talk yourself out of this" is the giveaway.

Did anyone even read the manga jesus holy fuck.

>This literally doesn't prove she was Kira, just someone who sent those tapes for 2nd kira.
It also proves she was where 2nd Kira went to meet Light on the day the 2nd Kira found the first one.

Also, the rules on the Death Note say you can't manipulate someone for too long. If she was manipulated, then she'd have died. If the rules on the book are to be believed, they prove she's at least an accomplice of Kira. Meaning "the rules said she can't be Kira" isn't an argument for letting her go since the rules also say she was an accomplice.

tl;dr : nobody would let Misa go away after Kira is still on the run and she's been proven to be knee deep in this shit. It was done to enable Light's shitty plan (aka : just be a retard so Rem can be a retard too and do all the work)

Light lost because he trusted people who weren't as smart as him

That is true. He trusted Mikami not to be an idiot when Takada was kidnapped, for starters.

>using the death note to make a person do something and then using tbat action as evidence
How is Light not the lesser evil?

You know what? Light's plan would have never worked. Even if Mikami had the real notebook, someone would have shot them both before dying. The heart attacks would have occured one by one, with 1 or 2 secs of interval. It would end in a stalemate.

>write everyone's names to die at an exact time together

He didn't though. He just wrote their names.

>the American agents all die
>Light: "See, I'm not Kira. I didn't plan that."
>Mikami kills Matsuda for good measure
>the taskforce runs out in a panic
>Light writes Mikami's name on his scrap of the Death Note and grabs the notebook
It could work.

>I won
>people start dying
>one of them pulls out his gun and shoot Light before dying too
>same for Mikami probably

I'd be surprised if Near hadn't told his agents to be ready to shoot Light and Mikami if they lost

>It also proves she was where 2nd Kira went to meet Light on the day the 2nd Kira found the first one.

This easily could be claimed as a mere coincidece and not enough to prove 2nd kira wasn't even with her at all.

>Also, the rules on the Death Note say you can't manipulate someone for too long.

Manipulation doesn't mean just magic brainwashing retard, she could have easily been threatened in multiple ways to associate with kira back then and just proved to be a useless pawn like Higuchi to L but only that it was impossible for her to be Kira. He had is hands on the death note and a Shinigami that Kira mentioned quite a lot, do not see why he wouldn't be focused on that than go through the effort of hiring criminals to spy a chick who provided NOTHING for months hinting she was anything but a dumbass girl.

>This easily could be claimed as a mere coincidece and not enough to prove 2nd kira wasn't even with her at all.
Except they had literally dozens of proofs from multiples sources.

>Manipulation doesn't mean just magic brainwashing retard, she could have easily been threatened in multiple ways to associate with kira back then
Then why would she forget about it? It would still mean she's an accomplice (even not by will) and thus worth following.

>do not see why he wouldn't be focused on that than go through the effort of hiring criminals to spy a chick who provided NOTHING for months hinting she was anything but a dumbass girl.
Maybe because during all these months she was on cameras and that was the first day he'd let her go in the outside world?

Why WOULDNT he put tapes in her apartment when he already did it for Light and those other suspects family?
Why would he even consider her to be in the clear when Kira is still on the run and she's still proven to be an accomplice at the very least?

But that wouldn't stop mikami from referring to light as God nor would it change the fact that mikami wrote down everyone's names but Lights. Besides, you have to remember that at that point light thought he had it in the bag so "I Win" was his last chance to gloat, like the smile he gave the dying L.

>Except they had literally dozens of proofs from multiples sources.

None which claimed it was impossible for the 2nd Kira not be around with her.

Forget? Who's to say she isn't acting so she doesn't lose her life or anyone close?

She was obviously more of a pawn than an accomplice and thus not worth following for so long.

>Maybe because during all these months she was on cameras and that was the first day he'd let her go in the outside world?

More like a shitty cop that was tied to her who she easily abandoned before and did nothing but help L instead of escaping or do anything that makes her more of a suspect.

>Why WOULDNT he put tapes in her apartment when he already did it for Light and those other suspects family?

For fuck sake its because light was suspected due to evidence of someone gaining access to police files while being a student and he let the dad know first. He can't do shit like that randomly.

He didn't focus on her because again she was useless and factually not the 2nd kira, not gonna say this again but he had a fucking Shinigami and a magic death book infront of him, no reason for him not to fully focus on this than waste time on pointless shit that gains nothing for him.

>She was obviously more of a pawn than an accomplice and thus not worth following for so long.
It's worth it to put cameras on suspect who are For fuck sake its because light was suspected due to evidence of someone gaining access to police files while being a student and he let the dad know first. He can't do shit like that randomly.
So Light being related to the police (suspicion) is okay but Misa having sent the fucking tapes and doing shit as/for the 2nd Kira isn't?

>He didn't focus on her because again she was useless and factually not the 2nd kira, not gonna say this again but he had a fucking Shinigami and a magic death book infront of him, no reason for him not to fully focus on this than waste time on pointless shit that gains nothing for him.
Yeah except he would've gotten a proof Light was Kira by following her literally 2 HOURS after he released her. This is straight bullshit. Stop trying to justify shitty writing.
Other Death Notes exist. At least one is in the nature. This is proven by Higuchi's death.
Misa was related to Kira. This has been proven.
Completely forgetting Misa when Kira is still around is simply dumb. Nobody would do that, especially not the "world's 1st detective".

I agree with you. A neet with an average iq would have been unstoppable with a death note compared to his dumbass.

Do you even read?

There are no evidence. Just the Light confession. Confession is not an evidence.

>Near
>Caring about good vs evil

Pick one